World Series Baseball II is Out at Babbage's !!!!!

Timmer

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

Just picked up WSB II for Saturn, 59.99 at Babbage's.
Initial impression is awesome.

My first game as the ChiSox vs. Indians was called (that's right
called) in the 7th inning due to rain :( ... cool feature.

Timmer

Anthony Kanner

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

Holy crap a rained out game?!!? I have to get this game .. it probably
kills all the other 32 bit baseball games =)

Yuhwei Ling

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

Timmer wrote:

> Just picked up WSB II for Saturn, 59.99 at Babbage's.
> Initial impression is awesome.
>
> My first game as the ChiSox vs. Indians was called (that's right
> called) in the 7th inning due to rain :( ... cool feature.
>
> Timmer

It's out already. But I just got Nights! Sega's really crankin' them
out. Can't wait till the holiday season! Anyway, I was wondering if you
could answer some questions for me.

1). How current are the rosters for the teams? (eg. is Baerga on the
Mets or Indians, etc.)

2). What new features were added besides the cool rainout thing you
mentioned?

Thanks.
--
Yuhwei Ling
Yuh...@concentric.net

Timmer

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Yep. A rained out game.

This game rocks. They got rid of the massive amount of Home Run's so
you actually get a good game against the computer.

Random thoughts

o All the stadiums are here
o has 1998 Arizona Diamondbacks or Tampa Bay Devil Rays
o can call up to 8 players from the farm (haven't tried this yert)
o Double plays happen more like they should
o cool animation of second baseman jumping over sliding runner
to turn 2
o no more throwing out runner at 1st base
o ballparks are a little "bigger" thus more realistic hits, I've hit
double's over the outfielder's head, gappers, etc.....
o game moves at a fast pace (I love this as I am short on time, who
isn't ?)

I've played almost every 16/32 bit baseball game out there.

This game is the most realistic/fun one there is IMO.

Timmer

Anthony Kanner <kan...@pacificnet.net> wrote:

>Timmer wrote:
>>
>> Just picked up WSB II for Saturn, 59.99 at Babbage's.
>> Initial impression is awesome.
>>
>> My first game as the ChiSox vs. Indians was called (that's right
>> called) in the 7th inning due to rain :( ... cool feature.
>>
>> Timmer

>Holy crap a rained out game?!!? I have to get this game .. it probably

3032799202

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Yuhwei Ling (Yuh...@concentric.net) wrote:

: It's out already. But I just got Nights! Sega's really crankin' them

: out. Can't wait till the holiday season! Anyway, I was wondering if you
: could answer some questions for me.

: 1). How current are the rosters for the teams? (eg. is Baerga on the
: Mets or Indians, etc.)

I haven't checked the Baerga thing, but with respect to the Colorado
Rockies, the rosters seem to be accurate up to some point in June.
Jamie Wright, who was called up from the minors as a starting pitcher,
I believe in July, isn't available. I'm guessing that the rosters
were frozen sometime in June for insertion into the game.

: 2). What new features were added besides the cool rainout thing you
: mentioned?

All 28 stadiums, custom edits for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona
Diamond Backs (there doesn't appear to be trades or edits or player
creation available for the current 28 teams, though). Those seem to be
the only big changes over last year's version.

cco...@mines.edu

David Goolsby

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996 14:47:09 -0700, Anthony Kanner
<kan...@pacificnet.net> wrote:

>Timmer wrote:
>>
>> Just picked up WSB II for Saturn, 59.99 at Babbage's.
>> Initial impression is awesome.
>>
>> My first game as the ChiSox vs. Indians was called (that's right
>> called) in the 7th inning due to rain :( ... cool feature.
>>
>> Timmer
>
>Holy crap a rained out game?!!? I have to get this game .. it probably
>kills all the other 32 bit baseball games =)

AARRGHHH!! If I'd known that it was coming out a week early, I
wouldn't have just bought Decathelete. Oh well, pay day is less than
a week away...

So what else does it have? Trading?

David Goolsby
dgoo...@midtown.net

Brian Ling

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Can you have snow and fog in a game too?

Anthony Kanner <kan...@pacificnet.net> wrote in article
<321F78...@pacificnet.net>...
> Timmer wrote:

> > My first game as the ChiSox vs. Indians was called (that's right
> > called) in the 7th inning due to rain :( ... cool feature.

Anthony Kanner

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Timmer wrote:

> Yep. A rained out game.
>
> This game rocks. They got rid of the massive amount of Home Run's so
> you actually get a good game against the computer.
>
> Random thoughts
>
> o All the stadiums are here
> o has 1998 Arizona Diamondbacks or Tampa Bay Devil Rays
> o can call up to 8 players from the farm (haven't tried this yert)
> o Double plays happen more like they should
> o cool animation of second baseman jumping over sliding runner
> to turn 2
> o no more throwing out runner at 1st base
> o ballparks are a little "bigger" thus more realistic hits, I've hit
> double's over the outfielder's head, gappers, etc.....
> o game moves at a fast pace (I love this as I am short on time, who
> isn't ?)
>
> I've played almost every 16/32 bit baseball game out there.
>
> This game is the most realistic/fun one there is IMO.
>
> Timmer
I have to get this!!!!