New CD games

LANE STEVEN LOREN

Jun 28, 1993, 9:10:29 PM6/28/93
Well, I have been looking for these for a while, but since no one has posted
anything I thought I would.

So, how are the new Sega CD games that are out?
Has anyone tried them?
Post a review or something.

I am talking about the new games
SHERLOCK HOLMES VOL. II
FINAL FIGHT CD

How are these games?
Are there any other new games out for the cd player?

Thanks.
Peace.
Steve Lane

RQ4Q2

Jun 29, 1993, 8:30:50 PM6/29/93
In article <1993Jun29.0...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU>, la...@spot.Colorado.EDU

(LANE STEVEN LOREN) says:

>Well, I have been looking for these for a while, but since no one has posted
>anything I thought I would.
>
>So, how are the new Sega CD games that are out?
>Has anyone tried them?
>Post a review or something.
>
>I am talking about the new games
>SHERLOCK HOLMES VOL. II
>FINAL FIGHT CD
>
>How are these games?

I played the Final Fight CD today. It is a very good game, the graphics are
the same if not better than the arcade game. The music and sound are also good.
Additionally voices are clear, for the game begins with a short narration of
the story of the game. The CD also has a version that counts the number of
villains you kill within a time limit. However it seems like the game is kind
of easy and one that you will tire of rather fast. Rent it before you buy.

RQ4Q2
a rebel without a PAUSE!!!

Carl Mueller

Jun 30, 1993, 8:54:10 AM6/30/93

>I played the Final Fight CD today. It is a very good game, the graphics are
>the same if not better than the arcade game. The music and sound are also good.
>Additionally voices are clear, for the game begins with a short narration of
>the story of the game. The CD also has a version that counts the number of
>villains you kill within a time limit. However it seems like the game is kind
>of easy and one that you will tire of rather fast. Rent it before you buy.

Do you if there are any differences between the U.S. and Japan versions
(besides the voices of course?) I hear in the Japan version when you punch
one of the girl enemies, her shirt flies up. I suppose that was censored ?

--
Carl Mueller
Wayne State University

Eric Castle

Jun 30, 1993, 2:43:39 PM6/30/93
In article <93180.193...@uicvm.uic.edu>, RQ4Q2 <U15...@uicvm.uic.edu>
wrote:

> I played the Final Fight CD today. It is a very good game, the graphics are
> the same if not better than the arcade game. The music and sound are also good.
> Additionally voices are clear, for the game begins with a short narration of
> the story of the game. The CD also has a version that counts the number of
> villains you kill within a time limit. However it seems like the game is kind
> of easy and one that you will tire of rather fast. Rent it before you buy.
>
> RQ4Q2
> a rebel without a PAUSE!!!

Is this game any different than Streets of Rage 2? It looks like the same
kind of game. Is it better or worse or about the same as Streets of Rage 2?

Eric
eric_...@taligent.com

cse_...@msuvx1.memst.edu

Jun 30, 1993, 5:49:26 PM6/30/93

I like Streets of Rage 2 much better than Final Fight CD. I thought the game
was choppy, whereas the action in SOR 2 was smooth and flowing.

Greg

Where real blax shop!

Jun 30, 1993, 4:31:58 PM6/30/93
In article <carl....@busop.cit.wayne.edu>, ca...@busop.cit.wayne.edu (Carl

Mueller) says:

>>I played the Final Fight CD today. It is a very good game, the graphics are
>>the same if not better than the arcade game. The music and sound are also .
>good

>>Additionally voices are clear, for the game begins with a short narration of
>>the story of the game. The CD also has a version that counts the number of
>>villains you kill within a time limit. However it seems like the game is kind
>>of easy and one that you will tire of rather fast. Rent it before you buy.
>
>Do you if there are any differences between the U.S. and Japan versions
>(besides the voices of course?) I hear in the Japan version when you punch
>one of the girl enemies, her shirt flies up. I suppose that was censored ?

Yes it is. That never occurred when i played. :-(

RQ4Q2

Hasit Mehta

Jun 30, 1993, 8:58:10 PM6/30/93

This is true. The lady enemies in the US version of Final Fight wear longer
shirts rather than the cut off halter tops in the Japanese version. Also
their shirts do not fly up when they are punched. The other change I have
noticed is the change in the name of the BOSSES.

University of Rochester HHA * PRIMUS SUCKS *
hm0...@UHURA.CC.ROCHESTER.EDU ****************************
______"I do believe in Captain Crunch, for I am the frizzle fry"______