Sega Saturn (UK) magazine Demo disk!

Sen Nee

Dec 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/17/96

Just got the demo disk that came with SEGA Saturn megazine. The Virtua On Demo
really kicks ass. However the animation seems slightly disjointed and isn't
running as smooth as I feel it should be. IT's quite fast though! Well what I
want to know is, does the full game play exactly like the demo. If it does I
may have second thoughts about getting the game as the graphics seem a bit
glitchy as compared to the arcade version and is not as flawless a conversion
as most megazines have claimed. To get or not to get? That's the question
indeed.

Also I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get Christmas nights along with
the megazine instead. Now I've got to buy two full price Saturn games to get a
copy? What's this about SEGA wanting to reward existing Saturn owners.
Anybody know how to get it for free or at least for a nominal price?

Thanks.

sen nee

Christopher Andrews

Dec 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/18/96

Sen Nee <zdt...@alder.cc.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>Just got the demo disk that came with SEGA Saturn megazine. The Virtua On Demo
>really kicks ass. However the animation seems slightly disjointed and isn't

Its the best demo disk I've seen yet. Playable WWS97, Daytona CCE, VON,
Tomb Raider. (and Others). I couldn'd quite get to grips with VON control
(Maybe it was the possitions on the sholder buttons on my joystick) but it
looks like one awesome game.

...and just what is Mr Bones all about. Me and my friend rolled about
laughing at it for hours after the movie. Is there really an "Eric Clapton"
stage? The the country music there just to keep you entertained.

...and why is the tombraider demo better than the real game!?!? (The
haunting piano music the accompanies the demo really makes the difference)

>Also I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get Christmas nights along with
>the megazine instead. Now I've got to buy two full price Saturn games to get a

They want you to subscribe to the magazine to get the Christmas nights game.

>Anybody know how to get it for free or at least for a nominal price?

Chris,

---
chr...@nortel.ca
c.an...@herts.ac.uk

Richard Leadbetter

Dec 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/27/96

zdt...@alder.cc.kcl.ac.uk (Sen Nee) wrote:

>Just got the demo disk that came with SEGA Saturn megazine. The Virtua On Demo
>really kicks ass. However the animation seems slightly disjointed and isn't

>running as smooth as I feel it should be. IT's quite fast though! Well what I
>want to know is, does the full game play exactly like the demo. If it does I
>may have second thoughts about getting the game as the graphics seem a bit
>glitchy as compared to the arcade version and is not as flawless a conversion
>as most megazines have claimed. To get or not to get? That's the question
>indeed.

The game plays just like the demo. Which is why we put it on the
magazine, curiously enough. The only thing which you don't get to see
at all is the two-player mode, which is bloody ace.

>Also I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get Christmas nights along with
>the megazine instead. Now I've got to buy two full price Saturn games to get a

>copy? What's this about SEGA wanting to reward existing Saturn owners.

>Anybody know how to get it for free or at least for a nominal price?
>

>Thanks.
>
>sen nee

If I could have put Christmas NiGHTS on the cover, I would have. Some
people in Sega did suggest it, but eventually they went in favour of
the retail approach. A shame? Yes. But as you say the disc we did have
"really kicks ass" to coin a phrase.
Hope you liked the mag too.

The Editor,
Sega Saturn Magazine UK