GOLDEN AXE

Todd Watkins

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

Who wants a GOLDEN AXE for the saturn??? I DO!!!!!!
-
TODD WATKINS LRU...@prodigy.com

May 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/21/96

LRU...@prodigy.com (Todd Watkins) writes:

That would be great. I'd like to see Golden Axe 1,2, and 3 put
on one Saturn CD, with 32-bit graphics + sound. Is it my
imagination or was GA 2 only a Genesis game, and not in the
arcade? I don't remember an arcade version, but my memory
could be failing me...

If they also added an all new GA 4 on the CD, that would be the
coolest thing! I can dream right?

Jack Schroeder

May 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/22/96

Q (pel...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU) wrote:
: on one Saturn CD, with 32-bit graphics + sound. Is it my

: imagination or was GA 2 only a Genesis game, and not in the
: arcade? I don't remember an arcade version, but my memory
: could be failing me...

I'm pretty sure i remeber playing GA2 in the arcade...

Rick Florey

May 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/24/96

gr...@homebase.citilink.com (Jack Schroeder) wrote:

GA2 was only for the Genesis. The arcade sequel, subtitled the Return
or Revenge of Death Adder was a completely different and FAR better
game. You could team up with Gilius Thunderhead, who now rides on a
giant's back, an elf whose magic makes little trees appear that drop
apples for health, a centaur female who turns into a normal woman when
riding a steed, and a standard-issue warrior. Death Adder had killer
magic, he had a shield with a dragon face that swallowed your magic
bottles if you tried to use magic, and shot fire at you, effectively
limiting you to physical attacks.
GA3 was also released for Genesis, but only in Japan, and by all
reports, it was just as well.:(

Charles McDonald

May 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/24/96

In article <4o3bjk$p...@service-2.agate.net>, Rick Florey writes:

>>I'm pretty sure i remeber playing GA2 in the arcade...
>GA2 was only for the Genesis. The arcade sequel, subtitled the Return
>or Revenge of Death Adder was a completely different and FAR better
>game. You could team up with Gilius Thunderhead, who now rides on a
>giant's back, an elf whose magic makes little trees appear that drop
>apples for health, a centaur female who turns into a normal woman when
>riding a steed, and a standard-issue warrior. Death Adder had killer
>magic, he had a shield with a dragon face that swallowed your magic
>bottles if you tried to use magic, and shot fire at you, effectively
>limiting you to physical attacks.
>GA3 was also released for Genesis, but only in Japan, and by all
>reports, it was just as well.:(

This month's Sega Channel has Golden Axe 3 (translated, no less) available
as a playable game, and it's really not that bad. The Duel mode has been
replaced by a dorky I-wanna-be-SF2 vs. option, and the graphics look more
like GA 1, but the music is good. The warriors you can choose are the male
fighter, the female fighter, a big barbarian, and a panther. There's also
this winged guy you can use in the vs. mode. Too bad Gilius isn't usable!
I wouldn't recommend it to GA fans, though. Golden Axe 2 is a better buy
(and a helluva lot cheaper).

-K. Megura

c/o <cg...@hooked.net>

Justin St. Pierre

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

Hey Tom!

I just saw a picture of GOLDEN AXE: THE DUEL for Saturn in Gameplayers
magazine. It looks almost if not arcade perfect! This one looks
really promising, and it will hopefully be on our shores soon! Keep
an eye out!

P.S. Wouldn't it be cool if they did a 32-bit version of the arcade
classic called GOLDEN AXE: REMIX?