Marijuana grows wild in Sonic Adventure?

Ryan Krebs

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
For those who haven't noticed it, start a new game with Big The Cat, and
you'll see scattered around his hut are huge marijuana leaves. no kidding!
The roof of Big's hut is also a massive leaf.
Also, check out the 'wind holes' in the Mystic Ruins. There are pot
leaves blowing up with the debris.

Now I see where Sonic Team gets their ideas from:)
Anyone noticed any other occurances?

Ryan krebs
Calgary,Alberta,Canada.

{AM}Dragon

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
and this has meaning because...

Marijuana is a plant that grows wild. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and
Marijuana is commonly referred to as Ditch Weed. Marijuana was used for
making rope. Because it was raised in large crop quantities as long as 75 -
100 years ago it still grows wild in many places. It is I would say a
common plant.
Now if Big the Cat was smoking it that would be news.

Adam Mesenbrink
Ryan Krebs <vlad...@home.com> wrote in message

Chad Faber

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
> Now if Big the Cat was smoking it that would be news.

But, it sure would explain a lot about the big fella. Hanging out with
talking frogs. Walking around in a haze. Spends his days fishing. Not always
"all there". Now its starting to make a lot more sense.

-Chad

Mouko-The Fierce Tiger

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
>But, it sure would explain a lot about the big fella. Hanging out with
>talking frogs. Walking around in a haze. Spends his days fishing. Not always
>"all there". Now its starting to make a lot more sense.

and him having a serious case of the munchies...

Peter "Mouko" Nguyen
~Xero-Crew~
-Fighting Game Combo Videos and Guides-
http://members.aol.com/xerocrew/

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99

Paul Summerhill <psu...@home.com> wrote in message
> it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs don't increase
your
> creativity... they only make you stupid.

Hmmm.. what's your source on that? I would beg to differ.

> the guys at sonic team probably don't even know what marijuana is... they
are
> geeks anyway.

Almost every geek/nerd I know smokes marijuana. And that's a LOT. Of
course, most of us are in our late twenties.

Farns

moin...@my-deja.com

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
ha ha ha
I need that after a long day of work. lol.....:-)

Sega rulz

In article <7s7t51$r4g$0...@208.207.70.20>,

"{AM}Dragon" <am_d...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> and this has meaning because...
>
> Marijuana is a plant that grows wild. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and
> Marijuana is commonly referred to as Ditch Weed. Marijuana was used
for
> making rope. Because it was raised in large crop quantities as long
as 75 -
> 100 years ago it still grows wild in many places. It is I would say a
> common plant.

> Now if Big the Cat was smoking it that would be news.
>

> Adam Mesenbrink
> Ryan Krebs <vlad...@home.com> wrote in message
> > For those who haven't noticed it, start a new game with Big The
Cat, and
> > you'll see scattered around his hut are huge marijuana leaves. no
kidding!
> > The roof of Big's hut is also a massive leaf.
> > Also, check out the 'wind holes' in the Mystic Ruins. There are
pot
> > leaves blowing up with the debris.
> >
> > Now I see where Sonic Team gets their ideas from:)
> > Anyone noticed any other occurances?
> >
> > Ryan krebs
> > Calgary,Alberta,Canada.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Ted

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:27:02 -0400, "Chad Faber" <chad....@euc.com>
wrote:

>> Now if Big the Cat was smoking it that would be news.
>>

>But, it sure would explain a lot about the big fella. Hanging out with
>talking frogs. Walking around in a haze. Spends his days fishing. Not always
>"all there". Now its starting to make a lot more sense.
>

>-Chad

*puff* *puff*

"Duhh I caught a fish"

*puff*

hehe

Barney Gumble

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

Ryan Krebs <vlad...@home.com> wrote in message
> For those who haven't noticed it, start a new game with Big The Cat, and
> you'll see scattered around his hut are huge marijuana leaves. no kidding!
> The roof of Big's hut is also a massive leaf.

LOL. Exactly what I thought when I saw it - suddenly Big Cat's lifestyle and voice
make a lot of sense now. :)

Paul Summerhill

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Ryan Krebs wrote:

> For those who haven't noticed it, start a new game with Big The Cat, and
> you'll see scattered around his hut are huge marijuana leaves. no kidding!
> The roof of Big's hut is also a massive leaf.

> Also, check out the 'wind holes' in the Mystic Ruins. There are pot
> leaves blowing up with the debris.

I noticed that too... though, the leaves were probably unintentional, they are
kinda similar to the leaf of marijuana.

> Now I see where Sonic Team gets their ideas from:)
> Anyone noticed any other occurances?

it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs don't increase your

creativity... they only make you stupid.

the guys at sonic team probably don't even know what marijuana is... they are
geeks anyway.

Cassiopea Q.

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
>Paul Summerhill wrote:

>it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs don't increase your
>creativity... they only make you stupid.

source?

~~~
"Usenet... never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
We must be cautious."
-Obi-Wan Kenobi (paraphrased)

http//:www.fortunecity.com/victorian/dali/957

Ryan Krebs

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

{AM}Dragon <am_d...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> and this has meaning because...
>
> Marijuana is a plant that grows wild. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and
> Marijuana is commonly referred to as Ditch Weed. Marijuana was used for
> making rope. Because it was raised in large crop quantities as long as
75 -
> 100 years ago it still grows wild in many places. It is I would say a
> common plant.
> Now if Big the Cat was smoking it that would be news.
>
> Adam Mesenbrink

This has meaning because, rather than just being a random plant growing
among the foliage, the marijuana leaf in this game is displayed as a
'marijuana symbol', a perfect leaf, giant size, hanging on the walls like
posters.
I have no doubt, because of the way its been displayed, that its some
sort of in-joke with the designers.

Ryan Krebs
Calgary,Alberta,Canada

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
>Paul Summerhill <psu...@home.com> wrote in message
>> it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs don't increase
>your
>> creativity... they only make you stupid.

Ummm, no. The fact that you use the generic "drug" term shows that you have
no idea what you're talking about since there are various types of drugs
that have completely different effects from others. Medications are also
considered drugs. Next time you get sick, don't take any medicine. It
might make you stupid. Oh wait! Too late!! The word is "supposedly."

Find out what you're actually talking about before spouting off the official
line.

>> the guys at sonic team probably don't even know what marijuana is... they
>are
>> geeks anyway.

The video game industry is absolutely loaded with potheads and other
druggies.

Tyler

||| ||||||| |||| || | | ||||||| | | ||||

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
the music you enjoy? all created by drug-ingesting "idiots" as your
post would lead to believe. don't think game designers do drugs
either? don't think your mom didn't do drugs? or your principal?
people you very much so respect have done drugs, my friend. our
society simply places so many restrictions on the practice that it is
looked upon as "evil". pharmasists? the biggest drug dealers in the
world! the only difference is the government said "OK...these drugs
are OK, but these are BAD" reffering to over the counter vs "street"
drugs. so let's see: codine and morphine? yea...these are OK. but this
plant......naaaaah...this is BAAAAAAAAD. this is the same society
which has made the naked body seem so evil, yet it is what we are born
into. so while your opinion is respected, please back up any
statements you try to enforce as "true" because i just made you look
stupid, druggie

-stink

On 22 Sep 1999 02:39:08 GMT, cassi...@aol.compost (Cassiopea Q.)
wrote:

>>Paul Summerhill wrote:
>
>>it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs don't increase your
>>creativity... they only make you stupid.
>

>source?
>

>~~~
>"Usenet... never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
>We must be cautious."
> -Obi-Wan Kenobi (paraphrased)
>
>http//:www.fortunecity.com/victorian/dali/957

www.supremeex.com

Paul Summerhill

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Mike Farnsworth wrote:

> Hmmm.. what's your source on that? I would beg to differ.

of course... this is the exact response from a drug user...

funny how defensive some get over this.

Paul Summerhill

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Research your drugs is what you're trying to say.

Well, I hate to tell you, but I have better things to do with my time... rather
than researching and/or polluting my body with that crap.

I understand your point, but I happen to not use medicine. Why? I never get
sick. I haven't touched any sort of medicine in years... and don't plan on to
unless it's completely necessary.

I can handle life without...

Tyler Pendleton wrote:

> Ummm, no. The fact that you use the generic "drug" term shows that you have
> no idea what you're talking about since there are various types of drugs
> that have completely different effects from others. Medications are also
> considered drugs. Next time you get sick, don't take any medicine. It
> might make you stupid. Oh wait! Too late!! The word is "supposedly."
>
> Find out what you're actually talking about before spouting off the official
> line.
>

> The video game industry is absolutely loaded with potheads and other
> druggies.

The world is... unfortunately...

Paul Summerhill

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
I said drugs make you stupid. I didn't say you were stupid for doing them...
just misguided in my opinion. People go through stages where they lean towards
drugs, I understand that. It's just way too stereotypical of me, especially as a
teenager to take part in that.

A true artist doesn't need drugs to create great music... he already has the
ability to do so.

you, like a lot of avid drug users get so defensive with this topic... but the
thing is, I never said the other "over the counter" drugs were good either...

Barney Gumble

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

Paul Summerhill <psu...@home.com> wrote in message

Not "funny" at all, considering the thousands that are incarcerated unnecessarily and
the billions being spent on a "war" a growing number of people are thinking shouldn't
be fought. After this long a "war" with little positive outcome, people are
naturally going to be a little terse when someone spouts Nancy Reaganesque' anti-drug
slogans with little thought behind them.

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99

> Research your drugs is what you're trying to say.
>
> Well, I hate to tell you, but I have better things to do with my time...
rather
> than researching and/or polluting my body with that crap.

So you prefer to be uneducated and make judgements based on no experience or
factual knowledge? Yeah, that sounds like a much better approach to life.
Ignorance is bliss, after all.

> I understand your point, but I happen to not use medicine. Why? I never
get
> sick. I haven't touched any sort of medicine in years... and don't plan
on to
> unless it's completely necessary.

That's great. I prefer naturopathy/homeopathy myself, as opposed to the
synthetic designs pharmaceutical companies ram down America's throats. And
that's a big reason why the effects of a naturally-occurring, non-addictive,
minimal-side-effect plant like Marijuana is being used more and more for
medicinal relief.

Farns

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
Just for the record, I used to believe just like you do, when I was your
age. Fortunately I'm a little wiser and more experienced now. I have a
very successful job, am a college graduate, and have a wonderful family. I
also know that the crap forced down youth's throats about drugs are a mix of
untruths, skewed facts, and outright lies.

Don't let the stereotypes you have in your mind ("exact response from a drug
user") get in the way of real knowledge and experience.

And how is my statement defensive?

Farns

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
>Well, I hate to tell you, but I have better things to do with my time...
rather
>than researching and/or polluting my body with that crap.

Polluting your body? Unless your diet consists of strictly natural, no
preservatives, no processing type food, this is a really one-sided
statement. Most of the "food" the American public eats is as if not more
"polluting" than many natural drugs.

>I understand your point, but I happen to not use medicine. Why? I never
get
>sick. I haven't touched any sort of medicine in years... and don't plan on
>unless it's completely necessary.

Good. Not being sick is good.

>I can handle life without...

Are you implying that drug users can't? For God's sake, did you believe
everything in Reefer Madness or something? Talk to smack addicts about not
being able to live without it, not potheads. There's a difference between
addiction and enjoyment. If people have no reason to stop, why should they?
Because you and a large portion of the population think they should? I
could tell you what you should and shouldn't do, too, but that would make me
a dickhead.

>> The video game industry is absolutely loaded with potheads and other
>> druggies.
>
>The world is... unfortunately...

*flings head back and covers forehead with forearm*

Oh! What is the world coming to? Oh! The humanity! Oh! The bullshit
melodrama!

Dude! Why do you care?

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
>So you prefer to be uneducated and make judgements based on no experience
or
>factual knowledge? Yeah, that sounds like a much better approach to life.
>Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you don't know what you're talking
about, then shut the fuck up.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
>I said drugs make you stupid. I didn't say you were stupid for doing
them...

Can you fill me on the timetable as to how long this takes? I wouldn't want
to get stupid all of a sudden.

In what way do drugs make you stupid? Has this been shown on IQ tests?
Personally, I enjoy programming when I'm stoned. I can just whiz through
that a lot more easily because I get less distracted when I'm trying to
concentrate. It's funny how my grades in school actually went up when I
started smoking. It's also pretty funny how my work productivity increased.
Damn, you're right. I guess they did make me stupid. Oh the shame!!

>just misguided in my opinion. People go through stages where they lean
towards
>drugs, I understand that. It's just way too stereotypical of me,
especially as a
>teenager to take part in that.

Good for you. I was 19 before I even tried alcohol. I understand the
stereotypical thing you're talking about. I simply realized that that was a
pretty weak reason for not trying out new things and having new experiences.
I tried drugs. I liked some of them. I still enjoy them. Drugs are not
the same thing as Tommy Hilfiger jeans, and it's not some sort of club.

Some drugs have very bad effects. Some do not. No matter how hard people
try to tell you they do, these people, like yourself, can cite no evidence
to back it up.

>A true artist doesn't need drugs to create great music... he already has
the
>ability to do so.

Thank you. I've always wondered what it took to be a "true artist." I'm
glad Mr. Art Authority here can show me the light. Who the hell do you
listen to? Can you honestly tell me that these people don't even drink
(alcohol is a drug too, you know)? So their music is good, but they
themselves are good for nothing shits?

>you, like a lot of avid drug users get so defensive with this topic... but
the
>thing is, I never said the other "over the counter" drugs were good
either...

I suppose I do get a little defensive when some jackass starts dissing
something I enjoy when he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. I
don't run around saying that you're stupid or a bastard for the shit you do
(except in this case; I don't do that unprovoked).

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/22/99
>Not "funny" at all, considering the thousands that are incarcerated
unnecessarily and
>the billions being spent on a "war" a growing number of people are thinking
shouldn't
>be fought. After this long a "war" with little positive outcome, people
are
>naturally going to be a little terse when someone spouts Nancy Reaganesque'
anti-drug
>slogans with little thought behind them.

No fucking shit. And especially when some of these drugs (e.g. marijuana)
are harmless. People whine, "Oh! What about the children?! What about
their education?! What about the homeless?!" Does this guy have any idea
how much money we are spending trying to enforce these laws? Does he
realize how many rapists and murderers are paroled each year to make room
for more non-violent drug offenders? Does he realize all the money we could
rake in by taxing the shit; money that could be spent on education and many
other real societal ills? Does he realize that the black market loses it's
money-making power when their product is widely available legally, thereby
reducing "drug-related crime"?

No. He doesn't have to think about because he know deep down that It's Hot
to Not. :P *Phfffffft!!*

Tyler

MegaShaft_2000

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
You are correct. Some people think they have a right to voice their
opinioneven though they have no experience on the subject.

Mike Farnsworth <enl...@blarg.net> wrote in message

> Paul Summerhill <psu...@home.com> wrote in message

> > Research your drugs is what you're trying to say.
> >

> > Well, I hate to tell you, but I have better things to do with my time...
> rather
> > than researching and/or polluting my body with that crap.
>

> So you prefer to be uneducated and make judgements based on no experience
or
> factual knowledge? Yeah, that sounds like a much better approach to life.
> Ignorance is bliss, after all.
>

> > I understand your point, but I happen to not use medicine. Why? I never
> get
> > sick. I haven't touched any sort of medicine in years... and don't plan
> on to
> > unless it's completely necessary.

MegaShaft_2000

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
You are such an uninformed loser. Stop spouting shit like this without at
least some sort of relevant experience.

> I said drugs make you stupid. I didn't say you were stupid for doing
them...

> just misguided in my opinion. People go through stages where they lean
towards
> drugs, I understand that. It's just way too stereotypical of me,
especially as a
> teenager to take part in that.
>

> A true artist doesn't need drugs to create great music... he already has
the
> ability to do so.
>

> you, like a lot of avid drug users get so defensive with this topic... but
the
> thing is, I never said the other "over the counter" drugs were good
either...

MegaShaft_2000

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
I agree totally.

Barney Gumble <jit...@home.com> wrote in message

> Paul Summerhill <psu...@home.com> wrote in message

> > Mike Farnsworth wrote:
> >
> > > Hmmm.. what's your source on that? I would beg to differ.
> >
> > of course... this is the exact response from a drug user...
> >
> > funny how defensive some get over this.

Wolf031877

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>of course... this is the exact response from a drug user...
>
>funny how defensive some get over this.

Yet you, Paul, rather than taking up his challenge and showing a source, turn
to stereotypes instead.

That's really good.

James

Wolf031877

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>>But, it sure would explain a lot about the big fella. Hanging out with
>>talking frogs. Walking around in a haze. Spends his days fishing. Not always
>>"all there". Now its starting to make a lot more sense.
>
>and him having a serious case of the munchies...

Kind of like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, eh? ;-)

Everyone knows those Scooby Snacks were hash brownies... :-)

James

Wolf031877

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>the guys at sonic team probably don't even know what marijuana is... they are
>geeks anyway.

Geeks? And you know this...how?

Oh, that's right -- you're just making assumptions and trying to be funny.

James

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

> >I said drugs make you stupid. I didn't say you were stupid for doing
> them...
>
> Can you fill me on the timetable as to how long this takes? I wouldn't
want
> to get stupid all of a sudden.
>
> In what way do drugs make you stupid? Has this been shown on IQ tests?
> Personally, I enjoy programming when I'm stoned. I can just whiz through
> that a lot more easily because I get less distracted when I'm trying to
> concentrate. It's funny how my grades in school actually went up when I
> started smoking. It's also pretty funny how my work productivity
increased.
> Damn, you're right. I guess they did make me stupid. Oh the shame!!

I agree. The *only* way I can program is under the influence of the green
herb. As far as work, if anything it's gotten easier, as most companies in
the area (even those like Boeing that drug-test) have large numbers of
marijuana smokers. The last company I consulted for was entirely composed
of smokers, from the CEO down to the sales reps.

> >just misguided in my opinion. People go through stages where they lean
> towards
> >drugs, I understand that. It's just way too stereotypical of me,
> especially as a
> >teenager to take part in that.
>

> Good for you. I was 19 before I even tried alcohol. I understand the
> stereotypical thing you're talking about. I simply realized that that was
> pretty weak reason for not trying out new things and having new
experiences.
> I tried drugs. I liked some of them. I still enjoy them. Drugs are not
> the same thing as Tommy Hilfiger jeans, and it's not some sort of club.

Ahhh.. but that's what programs like DARE try to tell you it is. That's why
programs like DARE have been proven to not curb teenage drug use one bit.

> Some drugs have very bad effects. Some do not. No matter how hard people
> try to tell you they do, these people, like yourself, can cite no evidence
> to back it up.

After experimenting with a great number of different drugs in college
(Washington State University.... I mean, you're in the middle of hundreds of
miles of wheat, what else can you do??? ), I decided that the only one worth
taking was Marijuana. I will occasionally drink a good microbrew (if you
haven't been to a McMenamins, you owe yourself a trip to the Northwest), but
marijuana doesn't have the nasty side-effects of alcohol.

Besides, Dreamcast RULES when you're high!

Farns

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

> Are you implying that drug users can't? For God's sake, did you believe
> everything in Reefer Madness or something? Talk to smack addicts about
not
> being able to live without it, not potheads. There's a difference between
> addiction and enjoyment. If people have no reason to stop, why should
they?
> Because you and a large portion of the population think they should? I
> could tell you what you should and shouldn't do, too, but that would make
me
> a dickhead.

Have you ever seen Half-Baked? I love the scene at the rehab clinic when
the guy gets up and tells them he's got a marijuana problem. If you haven't
seen it, it's hilarious... and furthers the point that marijuana is miles
away from addictive, nasty substances like heroin and cocaine.

> >> The video game industry is absolutely loaded with potheads and other
> >> druggies.
> >
> >The world is... unfortunately...

Yeah.. something like 18 million marijuana users in the U.S. Funny, the
vast majority of them are normal, functioning, happy contributors to
society. Too bad they all need to hide in their houses unless they're at a
concert or festival.

Farns

Duner

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

>> it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs
>> don't increase your creativity... they only make you stupid.

> Hmmm.. what's your source on that? I would beg to differ.

Mike, where's your source that differs?

"There is evidence that chronic marijuana use may lead
to an "amotivational syndrome." This condition has
been associated with apathy, lethargy, decreased
concentration, impairment of judgement and memory,
and decreased ambition. These effects may improve after
long-term abstinence."
--Skinner MH, Thompson DA.

"Persistent, heavy marijuana use induces significant and
surprisingly long-lasting defects of short-term memory."
--Abood ME, Martin BR.

"High doses of marijuana can decrease the amount of
blood that gets to the brain. This decrease in blood
supply may cause reduced brain function."
--Tunving K, Thulin SO, Risberg J, Warkentin S.

"Some evidence seems to demonstrate impairments in
mathematics and verbal expression in chronic marijuana
users."
--Block RI, Ghoneim MM.

Duner

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

> No fucking shit. And especially when some of these drugs
> (e.g. marijuana) are harmless.

You're right about this whole drug war needing to be
seriously re-evaluated, but harmless? WTF? Would
you feel comfortable if the pilot of your 747 flight told
you he's just smoked two reefers?

Duner

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

> In what way do drugs make you stupid?

"Many components in marijuana smoke are fat-soluble.
They may be stored in the tissue of the brain for weeks
or even months after use. This may explain why the
memory of chronic marijuana users improves with
abstinence."

"Marijuana lessens the amount of the neurotransmitter
acetylcholine(ACH) in the area of the brain associated
with long term memory formation. This may be why
marijuana users have trouble remembering things."

"High doses of marijuana can decrease the amount
of blood that gets to the brain. This decrease in
blood supply may cause reduced brain function."

"Some evidence seems to demonstrate impairments

in mathematics and verbal expression in chronic
marijuana users."

"Persistent, heavy marijuana use induces significant

and surprisingly long-lasting defects of short-term
memory."

"Marijuana may be more detrimental to memory
function than is alcohol or cocaine. This effect may
be due to the presence of cannabinoid receptor sites
(activation of these receptors interrupts normal brain
motor and cognitive function) in the areas of the
brain which control memory."

Barney Gumble

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Duner <an...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:7scles$13...@enews1.newsguy.com...

> Mike Farnsworth <enl...@blarg.net> wrote in message
>
> >> it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs
> >> don't increase your creativity... they only make you stupid.
>
> > Hmmm.. what's your source on that? I would beg to differ.
>
> Mike, where's your source that differs?

<snip>

Sigh. The examples you're giving are of *heavy*, *persistent*, *chronic* marijuana
abuse. It's the difference between having a glass of wine at dinner and having a
shot of JD's for breakfast. Virtually anything will produce negative affects if you
abuse it, and no one is saying marijuana should be legal to ingest under any
circumstances, anywhere. Just that it should be subject to the same regulations as
our other favourite legal drug, that being alcohol.

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>You're right about this whole drug war needing to be
>seriously re-evaluated, but harmless? WTF? Would
>you feel comfortable if the pilot of your 747 flight told
>you he's just smoked two reefers?

Of course not. But I'd rather have him doing that than drinking alcohol
before the flight. Should we try outlawing that again? This is a nonsense
argument.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
I'm not even going to bother replying to these supposed quotes as their
source are not cited. Anyone can throw quotes around anything and it
doesn't mean shit. I will respond to the quotes in your next message that
are actually credited.

Tyler

||| ||||||| |||| || | | ||||||| | | ||||

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:29:36 -0700, "Mike Farnsworth"
<enl...@blarg.net> wrote:

>Ahhh.. but that's what programs like DARE try to tell you it is. That's why
>programs like DARE have been proven to not curb teenage drug use one bit.

yea, but in dare's defense, i think we need programs such as these to
at least provide the children with some kind of moral understanding on
drugs in this country. and i am not just reffering to the drug itself,
but the way it is pushed, the way so many obuse them, etc. no bit of
knowledge can hurt a person. even if what they tell the children now
is false, at least that children will grow up with an understanding
that "damn, most of that shit was wrong...but now i know and i can
make better, more astute decissions, etc, etc"

-stink!
www.supremeex.com

||| ||||||| |||| || | | ||||||| | | ||||

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
yes. i respect this. but there's a mysticism in getting high, if
harnessed correctly, that no scientific report can ever explain. this
is the trade-off.

-s

www.supremeex.com

||| ||||||| |||| || | | ||||||| | | ||||

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:24:25 -0700, "Duner" <an...@nospam.com> wrote:

>Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

>> No fucking shit. And especially when some of these drugs
>> (e.g. marijuana) are harmless.
>

>You're right about this whole drug war needing to be
>seriously re-evaluated, but harmless? WTF? Would
>you feel comfortable if the pilot of your 747 flight told
>you he's just smoked two reefers?

haha..i would! that bitch probably fly BETTER. hahaha

www.supremeex.com

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Actually this spring I read a report in the Seattle Times about a study
showing that automobile drivers who smoked marijuana actually drove BETTER
when high.

Farns

Duner <an...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Duner <an...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Mike Farnsworth <enl...@blarg.net> wrote in message
>
> >> it's been scientifically proven, supposively that drugs
> >> don't increase your creativity... they only make you stupid.
>
> > Hmmm.. what's your source on that? I would beg to differ.
>
> Mike, where's your source that differs?

If your sources don't prove it one way, why do I need sources to refute
them?

> "There is evidence that chronic marijuana use may lead
> to an "amotivational syndrome." This condition has
> been associated with apathy, lethargy, decreased
> concentration, impairment of judgement and memory,
> and decreased ambition. These effects may improve after
> long-term abstinence."

> --Skinner MH, Thompson DA.

"may lead"

> "Persistent, heavy marijuana use induces significant and
> surprisingly long-lasting defects of short-term memory."

> --Abood ME, Martin BR.

> "High doses of marijuana can decrease the amount of
> blood that gets to the brain. This decrease in blood
> supply may cause reduced brain function."

> --Tunving K, Thulin SO, Risberg J, Warkentin S.

"can decrease" and "may cause"

> "Some evidence seems to demonstrate impairments in
> mathematics and verbal expression in chronic marijuana
> users."

> --Block RI, Ghoneim MM.

"seems to demonstrate"

I think you need to look up the word FACT in the dictionary. As I said, why
do I need sources to refute claims that don't show fact themselves?

Farns

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Yes, education is the answer. Unfortunately, I don't agree that
miseducation counts. But many people in the government (with the notable
exception of the governor of New Mexico) believe that there is only one way
to fight drug abuse, and that's they way this country has been doing it for
the last twenty years. They take throw out rhetoric like "we can't not
fight drugs" but fail to understand that the current method of fighting drug
abuse (as a war) just isn't working at all, and never has. These people
fail to see that trying alternatives (like education combined with an end to
prohibition of marijuana) is better than sticking to a game plan that
repeatedly fails. If you were the coach of a football team, and you kept
losing year after year, wouldn't you change your lineup, your plays, etc.
rather than stick with the same failing plan, hoping one day it will work?
Of course you would. But our nation is filled with bad coaches, and yet
many americans don't seem to care.

Thousands upon thousands of americans have died at the hands of harmful
drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth. The war on drugs is
responsible for this, in my eyes, because it's been a failing war for twenty
years. If this country was in an actual ground battle against another
country for twenty years and was still losing, would we still be fighting?
I don't think so.

Farns

message news:37ea6703...@netnews.netaxs.com...

Robert Chang

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <7sckcq$13...@enews1.newsguy.com>, "Duner" <none> wrote:

> Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message
>
> > No fucking shit. And especially when some of these drugs
> > (e.g. marijuana) are harmless.
>
> You're right about this whole drug war needing to be
> seriously re-evaluated, but harmless? WTF? Would
> you feel comfortable if the pilot of your 747 flight told
> you he's just smoked two reefers?

I can't believe you actually think that this makes sense. Harmless is a
relative term, obviously. Alcohol would probably have far more deleterious
effects on a pilot than marijuana, but we don't question its legality.

-bob

= b...@soda.berkeley.edu = It is now pitch black. You are likely to =
= go...@uclink.berkeley.edu = be eaten by a grue. --Zork =

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>>Ahhh.. but that's what programs like DARE try to tell you it is. That's
why
>>programs like DARE have been proven to not curb teenage drug use one bit.
>
>yea, but in dare's defense, i think we need programs such as these to
>at least provide the children with some kind of moral understanding on
>drugs in this country. and i am not just reffering to the drug itself,
>but the way it is pushed, the way so many obuse them, etc. no bit of
>knowledge can hurt a person. even if what they tell the children now
>is false, at least that children will grow up with an understanding
>that "damn, most of that shit was wrong...but now i know and i can
>make better, more astute decissions, etc, etc"

"Moral understanding"? Fuck morality. That's such a subjective thing that
I don't want anybody in school or government trying to tell me or my kids
what their morality should be. If we don't hurt anybody, then how can
anyone seriously care?

Also, I was offended by all the propaganda horseshit that turned out to be
false. I thought, "What kind of idiot do these people take me for?" Give
people accurate information and let them judge for themselves.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
The Farns has beaten me to the reply again. I'd just like to add that I've
never heard of any of the people cited, and nothing is given to show where
to find these quotes for ourselves. They are therefore invalid at this
point.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>"There is evidence that chronic marijuana use may lead
>to an "amotivational syndrome." This condition has
>been associated with apathy, lethargy, decreased
>concentration, impairment of judgement and memory,
>and decreased ambition. These effects may improve after
>long-term abstinence."
>--Skinner MH, Thompson DA.

Granted that there are lazy stoners. However, there are also plenty of
potheads who lead very productive lives. This is not straight across the
board, and these lethargic, apathetic feelings have nothing to do with
intelligence.

>"Persistent, heavy marijuana use induces significant and
>surprisingly long-lasting defects of short-term memory."
>--Abood ME, Martin BR.

How does short-term memory apply to intelligence? So I can't remember where
I put my keys. This makes me stupid?

>"High doses of marijuana can decrease the amount of
>blood that gets to the brain. This decrease in blood
>supply may cause reduced brain function."
>--Tunving K, Thulin SO, Risberg J, Warkentin S.

If this is true, it's only true while you're stoned. I also don't tend to
think of it as reduced brain function. Certain areas of the brain that are
normally active get toned down while other areas become more active. I've
never seen any EEGs or brain scans of stoned people, so I can't verify this.

>"Some evidence seems to demonstrate impairments in
>mathematics and verbal expression in chronic marijuana
>users."
>--Block RI, Ghoneim MM.

Verbal expression, perhaps. However, in my personal experience, my
mathematical/logical brain kicks in quite a bit. As I said earlier, I code
best when stoned, and can whiz through calculus homework and tests as well.
Learning completely new things can be harder if you're high sometimes, but
putting known skills into practice becomes very easy for me and can often
lead to strange insight to aid in efficiency.

It seems that yours and Mr.. Summerhill's view of intelligence is wildly
different from mine.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>Have you ever seen Half-Baked? I love the scene at the rehab clinic when
>the guy gets up and tells them he's got a marijuana problem. If you
haven't
>seen it, it's hilarious... and furthers the point that marijuana is miles
>away from addictive, nasty substances like heroin and cocaine.

"Have you ever sucked dick for weed?" This was Bob Sagat's finest moment.
:)

>Yeah.. something like 18 million marijuana users in the U.S. Funny, the
>vast majority of them are normal, functioning, happy contributors to
>society. Too bad they all need to hide in their houses unless they're at a
>concert or festival.

Especially when you look at all the wife-beating alcoholics.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>I agree. The *only* way I can program is under the influence of the green
>herb. As far as work, if anything it's gotten easier, as most companies in
>the area (even those like Boeing that drug-test) have large numbers of
>marijuana smokers. The last company I consulted for was entirely composed
>of smokers, from the CEO down to the sales reps.

Before I started smoking, I was very surprised to find out how many of my
co-workers were potheads. They always seemed so relaxed and responsible...

>Ahhh.. but that's what programs like DARE try to tell you it is. That's
why
>programs like DARE have been proven to not curb teenage drug use one bit.

Fuck DARE. The people who run these programs must think that kids are
stupid. The crazy thing is that these kids have access to much more
information than a lot of these people even realize. There's no way they
can continue to spout out these lies and expect people to eat it up. It
never worked before, and it'll continue to work even less as kids continue
to be better informed. (I'm 21, so I'm not just trying to be
self-congradulatory with all this "kids are smart" talk.)

>After experimenting with a great number of different drugs in college
>(Washington State University.... I mean, you're in the middle of hundreds
of
>miles of wheat, what else can you do??? ), I decided that the only one
worth
>taking was Marijuana. I will occasionally drink a good microbrew (if you
>haven't been to a McMenamins, you owe yourself a trip to the Northwest),
but
>marijuana doesn't have the nasty side-effects of alcohol.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Washington? Dude, I've lived in Utah, SOUTHERN UTAH,
since I was three weeks old. Sorry, but I can't have anyone complaining
about boredom where they live. :)

I've tried other drugs, but mushrooms are the only other ones I would
actually endorse. Possibly acid, too, but you never know what you're going
to get with this black market shit (another reason to legalize).

>Besides, Dreamcast RULES when you're high!

Oh god, yes. Yes it does. :)

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>Boo-fucking-hoo. Washington? Dude, I've lived in Utah, SOUTHERN UTAH,
>since I was three weeks old. Sorry, but I can't have anyone complaining
>about boredom where they live. :)

Whoops, I added the "SOUTHERN UTAH" bit after the rest of the sentence. I
didn't realize that made it slightly untrue. Actually, I moved to Salt Lake
City three years ago. Still, 18 years in SOUTHERN UTAH sucks rocks, and SLC
is still pretty weak.

Tyler

Barney Gumble

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Jason McNorton <jm...@ont.com> wrote in message

> Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..
>
> Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
> causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
> that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
> or not.

And it's also a sad reality that people such as yourself, who obviously *need* drugs
the most, refuse to take them.

Jason McNorton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <7se0o8$dp7$1...@news.xmission.com>, tpend...@gtpd.com says...

> The Farns has beaten me to the reply again. I'd just like to add that I've
> never heard of any of the people cited, and nothing is given to show where
> to find these quotes for ourselves. They are therefore invalid at this
> point.

Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..

Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
or not.

And thanks to you posting this trash, spreading the good word there..

I can only hope your juvenile drug habit catches up with you and you get
slapped with a life-ruining jail sentence. Only serves you, and all your
ilk right.

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..

Yep.

>Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
>causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
>that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
>or not.

It's a sad reality that sheep like you sit back and grin as other jackasses
try to tell you what you can and cannot do. There is no good reason for pot
to be illegal. The point isn't that we are above the rules. The point is
that the rules are pointless and cause far more harm than they prevent. The
law is not some rock-solid, magical, immalleable force, and I'll be
goddamned if I just take and like it. How about giving me a reason to
change my mind instead of simply ranting off bullshit attacks?

I'm not trying to glorify weed. I merely enjoy it and think it's completely
stupid and ignorant of jerks like you to demonize it when you obviously have
no clue as to what you're talking about. If you don't want to smoke pot,
fine, don't. I can respect that. What I can't respect is you angrily
spouting this hate when we've done nothing personal to you.

>And thanks to you posting this trash, spreading the good word there..
>
>I can only hope your juvenile drug habit catches up with you and you get
>slapped with a life-ruining jail sentence. Only serves you, and all your
>ilk right.

You wish ill upon us for something that affects you in no way and yet
somehow we're the bad guys. Fuck you, you spiteful little shit.

Tyler

Jason McNorton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <IiyG3.8651$zl1.1...@news2.rdc1.on.home.com>,
jit...@home.com says...

> Jason McNorton <jm...@ont.com> wrote in message
>
> > Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..
> >
> > Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
> > causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
> > that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
> > or not.
>
> And it's also a sad reality that people such as yourself, who obviously *need* drugs
> the most, refuse to take them.

Yeah, that's it.. Illegal drugs help people and solve more problems than
they create. Uh huh.. Keep going, moron.

James V. Bona III

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
`> >>Ahhh.. but that's what programs like DARE try to tell you it is.

That's
> why
> >>programs like DARE have been proven to not curb teenage drug use one
bit.

> >yea, but in dare's defense, i think we need programs such as these to
> >at least provide the children with some kind of moral understanding on
> >drugs in this country. and i am not just reffering to the drug itself,
> >but the way it is pushed, the way so many obuse them, etc. no bit of
> >knowledge can hurt a person. even if what they tell the children now
> >is false, at least that children will grow up with an understanding
> >that "damn, most of that shit was wrong...but now i know and i can
> >make better, more astute decissions, etc, etc"
>

> "Moral understanding"? Fuck morality. That's such a subjective thing
that
> I don't want anybody in school or government trying to tell me or my kids
> what their morality should be. If we don't hurt anybody, then how can
> anyone seriously care?
>
> Also, I was offended by all the propaganda horseshit that turned out to be
> false. I thought, "What kind of idiot do these people take me for?" Give
> people accurate information and let them judge for themselves.
>
> Tyler

While I generally agree that the government should stay out of our lives as
much as possible, I dissagree with your "fuck morality" stance. Morality is
an absolute and not relative. Your belief that as long as you don't hurt
anyone
else, it's ok is an absolute morality. Basically the ten commandments fall
within your view of morality (at least most of them). If you truely beleived
that morality is subjective, then I would be behaving morally if I killed
you,
as long as, my moral code was survival of the fittest. Believing in relative
morality is believing in anarchy.

James

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>> And it's also a sad reality that people such as yourself, who obviously
*need* drugs
>> the most, refuse to take them.
>
>Yeah, that's it.. Illegal drugs help people and solve more problems than
>they create. Uh huh.. Keep going, moron.

If your stupid ass had any sort of understanding of humor, you'd probably
see that he was making a joke about the Prozac/Zoloft variety. No one is
saying that drugs solve problems. It's idiotic of you to think that all
drugs cause them.

Tyler

Jason McNorton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <7sechh$i61$1...@news.xmission.com>, tpend...@gtpd.com says...

By their very nature illegal drugs cause problems.. Namely tax money
spent to lock up the creeps that use them.

Now.. Let's see.. People could follow the rules, and not get arrested.
Or if they don't like the rules, can try to change them.

But no, you take the asshole way and break the rules on your own
authority, thereby risking the arrests/jails/wasted money supporting your
ass.

Hmmm, yeah.. I see your point, pretty slick there sherlock.

Jason McNorton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <7sec92$i1n$1...@news.xmission.com>, tpend...@gtpd.com says...

> >Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..
>
> Yep.

> >Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
> >causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
> >that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
> >or not.
>
> It's a sad reality that sheep like you sit back and grin as other jackasses
> try to tell you what you can and cannot do. There is no good reason for pot
> to be illegal. The point isn't that we are above the rules. The point is
> that the rules are pointless and cause far more harm than they prevent. The
> law is not some rock-solid, magical, immalleable force, and I'll be
> goddamned if I just take and like it. How about giving me a reason to
> change my mind instead of simply ranting off bullshit attacks?
>
> I'm not trying to glorify weed. I merely enjoy it and think it's completely
> stupid and ignorant of jerks like you to demonize it when you obviously have
> no clue as to what you're talking about. If you don't want to smoke pot,
> fine, don't. I can respect that. What I can't respect is you angrily
> spouting this hate when we've done nothing personal to you.
>
> >And thanks to you posting this trash, spreading the good word there..
> >
> >I can only hope your juvenile drug habit catches up with you and you get
> >slapped with a life-ruining jail sentence. Only serves you, and all your
> >ilk right.
>
> You wish ill upon us for something that affects you in no way and yet
> somehow we're the bad guys. Fuck you, you spiteful little shit.

Now now, you're not being a nice little dopehead son..

I'm surprised you still have enough sense to get angry over stuff. Give
the pot a few years, you'll be in a dull haze soon enough not to care.

And you proved my point, you just think you're too goddamned important to
follow the rules, instead of trying to change them. Way to go..

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>Now now, you're not being a nice little dopehead son..

Oooh, condescension. That makes your point sooooo much easier to swallow.

>I'm surprised you still have enough sense to get angry over stuff. Give
>the pot a few years, you'll be in a dull haze soon enough not to care.

Yay!! More exaggerated generalizations!! What, so you think anger is
somehow a virtue? That would explain a lot.

>And you proved my point, you just think you're too goddamned important to
>follow the rules, instead of trying to change them. Way to go..

I think we're all (yes, even you) too goddamned important to follow any rule
blindly. Where do you get the idea that I don't try to change the rules?
Because I don't follow them in the meantime somehow means that I must not be
doing anything to change them? So when the American revolutionaries refused
to pay taxes and threw tea in harbors and shit, they weren't doing any good?
Hell, refusal to follow the rules is a very common part of going about
changing them. You know... protests and strikes and the like?

Tell me this: What gives anybody the right to say whether or not I can eat
or drink or smoke something that affects only me? Who was given this divine
power?

By the way, I was in no way trying to glorify potheads by comparing them to
the revolutionaries. It was merely an analogy.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>While I generally agree that the government should stay out of our lives as
>much as possible, I dissagree with your "fuck morality" stance. Morality is
>an absolute and not relative. Your belief that as long as you don't hurt
>anyone
>else, it's ok is an absolute morality. Basically the ten commandments fall
>within your view of morality (at least most of them). If you truely
beleived
>that morality is subjective, then I would be behaving morally if I killed
>you,
>as long as, my moral code was survival of the fittest. Believing in
relative
>morality is believing in anarchy.

What I mean by "fuck morality" is that morality has no place in this
discussion. If we were talking about killing or rape, then there would be a
point to it.

I do, however, disagree that there is an absolute morality. Who made up
this morality? Where did it come from? (Note: God is not a satisfactory
answer, IMO.)

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>> If your stupid ass had any sort of understanding of humor, you'd probably
>> see that he was making a joke about the Prozac/Zoloft variety. No one is
>> saying that drugs solve problems. It's idiotic of you to think that all
>> drugs cause them.
>
>By their very nature illegal drugs cause problems.. Namely tax money
>spent to lock up the creeps that use them.

Is it the illegality or drug? I believe that it's the legality (and your
statement actually seems to support this). If they were not illegal, then
we wouldn't "have" to lock them the users up. The law is the problem, not
the drugs themselves.

>Now.. Let's see.. People could follow the rules, and not get arrested.
>Or if they don't like the rules, can try to change them.
>
>But no, you take the asshole way and break the rules on your own
>authority, thereby risking the arrests/jails/wasted money supporting your
>ass.

Why can't you do both? What gives you this wild assumption that no
potsmokers do anything to attempt to change these laws? It seems to me that
you are unwilling to listen to a drug user simply because they are drug
users. This is a fucked-up, prejudiced generalization.

Oh, and if you don't want to support the drug users, then DON'T FUCKING LOCK
THEM UP!! People who support drug laws bring the tax costs down on
themselves and the rest of us.

>Hmmm, yeah.. I see your point, pretty slick there sherlock.

No!!! I am no match for your witty comments!! :P

Tyler

Jason McNorton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In article <7sedr3$ij9$1...@news.xmission.com>, tpend...@gtpd.com says...

> Tell me this: What gives anybody the right to say whether or not I can eat
> or drink or smoke something that affects only me? Who was given this divine
> power?

Thinking that it only effects you is so stupid that I give up. If you
don't realize that nobody is a standalone island, then..

> By the way, I was in no way trying to glorify potheads by comparing them to
> the revolutionaries. It was merely an analogy.

Sure.. Fight on..

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>> Tell me this: What gives anybody the right to say whether or not I can
eat
>> or drink or smoke something that affects only me? Who was given this
divine
>> power?
>
>Thinking that it only effects you is so stupid that I give up. If you
>don't realize that nobody is a standalone island, then..

Then perhaps you'd like to enlighten me on how marijuana negatively affects
those who don't use it rather than whip out with bullshit rhetorical
one-liners?

>> By the way, I was in no way trying to glorify potheads by comparing them
>> the revolutionaries. It was merely an analogy.
>
>Sure.. Fight on..

That's right, fucko. Dis the disclaimer; ignore the meat of the statement
to which it refers.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
>Sigh. The examples you're giving are of *heavy*, *persistent*, *chronic*
marijuana
>abuse. It's the difference between having a glass of wine at dinner and
having a
>shot of JD's for breakfast. Virtually anything will produce negative
affects if you
>abuse it, and no one is saying marijuana should be legal to ingest under
any
>circumstances, anywhere. Just that it should be subject to the same
regulations as
>our other favourite legal drug, that being alcohol.

Yes! Thank you! Eating steak all the time will make you fat and unhealthy.
Should steak therefore be illegal? All I'm saying is that marijuana is not
as harmful as even alcohol or cigarettes and should not be illegal.

Tyler

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Jason McNorton <jm...@ont.com> wrote in message
> In article <7se0o8$dp7$1...@news.xmission.com>, tpend...@gtpd.com says...
> > The Farns has beaten me to the reply again. I'd just like to add that
I've
> > never heard of any of the people cited, and nothing is given to show
where
> > to find these quotes for ourselves. They are therefore invalid at this
> > point.
>
> Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..
>
> Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
> causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
> that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
> or not.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the following:

1.) why is marijuana illegal?
2.) why do I deserve to be in jail?
3.) why am I a jackass?

> And thanks to you posting this trash, spreading the good word there..
>
> I can only hope your juvenile drug habit catches up with you and you get
> slapped with a life-ruining jail sentence. Only serves you, and all your
> ilk right.

I have a drug habit? I don't think so. I go months and months between
smoking marijuana... that hardly constitutes a "habit." It's also nice that
you believe I should go to jail, and that you can stereotype me along with
millions of others.

Crawl back under your rock, buddy. You don't do anyone any good.

Farns

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

> In article <7sechh$i61$1...@news.xmission.com>, tpend...@gtpd.com says...
> > *need* drugs
> > >
> > >Yeah, that's it.. Illegal drugs help people and solve more problems
than
> > >they create. Uh huh.. Keep going, moron.
> >
> > If your stupid ass had any sort of understanding of humor, you'd
probably
> > see that he was making a joke about the Prozac/Zoloft variety. No one
is
> > saying that drugs solve problems. It's idiotic of you to think that all
> > drugs cause them.
>
> By their very nature illegal drugs cause problems.. Namely tax money
> spent to lock up the creeps that use them.
>
> Now.. Let's see.. People could follow the rules, and not get arrested.
> Or if they don't like the rules, can try to change them.

I do try to change them. Unfortunately it's uneducated, ill-informed jerks
like you who I have to fight against. Do a little research, buddy, on what
the facts on marijuana are. Then answer me this: Why are thousands of
people who use such a substance incarcerated for longer periods of time than
rapists and murderers?

> But no, you take the asshole way and break the rules on your own
> authority, thereby risking the arrests/jails/wasted money supporting your
> ass.

Let's see, in countries where human rights are violated, you're saying it's
acceptable because it's legal? You're awfully ignorant if you believe that
legality equates with wrong or right. It seldom does.

Farns

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Hehehe... most of my relatives come from Utah. I really feel for you. But
you know, it's great that this country is made up of states, because that
gives the people in Utah somewhere to live, and everyone else who enjoys a
sip of alcohol once in a while can live elsewhere.

Oh, and I really hate the Jazz. But I feel for you. And you're right, Utah
is worse than Eastern Washington.

Farns

Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

> I don't know about you, but drugs seem to be more promoted these days than
put
> down. Everyone does them... and I'm proud to say I'm not. My body was
born
> without them and will live with out them... and that's the way I want to
live.
> I'm not going to try that stuff because it'll give me "experience"...
because
> frankly, I don't care. It's useless, in my opinion. I'd gain nothing
from them
> and they'll waste my time. Note: that is MY opinion, not of some
anti-drug
> advertisement or my parents... they didn't influence me at all in my
decision.
> If you think they're good, than whoopdidoo... more power to ya.

That's great that you don't smoke marijuana. More power to you, I don't
want you to change your ways. All I ask is that before you (or anyone)
condemns my ways they do some real research and look at the facts, and
realize that I should be allowed to participate in activities that don't
seriously harm myself or others. And maybe, just maybe, when an initiative
gets on your voter's ballot legalizing marijuana that you vote "yes" so that
my rights are upheld as well as yours.

> I also never spout off my opinion, because a response like this and the
other
> dozen or so messages in this newsgroup is what I expect to happen... and
for
> that reason, I'll avoid this thread and talk video games, which is what
this
> newsgroup is about.
>
> anyway, back to dreamcast...

Did I mention the Dreamcast rules?

:)

Farns

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

> Now now, you're not being a nice little dopehead son..
>
> I'm surprised you still have enough sense to get angry over stuff. Give
> the pot a few years, you'll be in a dull haze soon enough not to care.

I've been smoking for ten years, and I'm definitely not in a "dull haze."
I'm in better shape than I've ever been. I'm making six figures as a
computer consultant (and only work about eight months a year). I have a
great family and fantastic home life. I'm surrounded by good friends. I
contribute weekly to my church and local charities, including youth programs
at the YMCA and United Way. It's really nice that you don't know a damn
thing about me and instead decide to stereotype me. It makes you no better
than a bigot or a racist, because you ARE a bigot.

> And you proved my point, you just think you're too goddamned important to
> follow the rules, instead of trying to change them. Way to go..

You don't have the slightest clue about law, do you? I recommend you go
back to school and take some history classes and learn about how this
country came into being, what it stands for, and what our founding fathers
believed about laws vs. rights. With people like you in the world, it's a
wonder this country was even founded, because if the revolutionaries
believed as you did there wouldn't BE a United States of America because the
colonists would have all blindly followed England's laws. Do you remember
hearing about taxation without representation? Do you remember that
colonists stopped paying taxes and following England's laws because they
didn't agree with them? Ever hear about turning Boston Harbor into an
afternoon herbal tea? You really show your ignorance, Jason McNorton.

Farns

Paul Summerhill

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Mike Farnsworth wrote:

> Just for the record, I used to believe just like you do, when I was your
> age. Fortunately I'm a little wiser and more experienced now. I have a
> very successful job, am a college graduate, and have a wonderful family. I
> also know that the crap forced down youth's throats about drugs are a mix of
> untruths, skewed facts, and outright lies.
>
> Don't let the stereotypes you have in your mind ("exact response from a drug
> user") get in the way of real knowledge and experience.
>
> And how is my statement defensive?

whatever...

I don't know about you, but drugs seem to be more promoted these days than put
down. Everyone does them... and I'm proud to say I'm not. My body was born
without them and will live with out them... and that's the way I want to live.
I'm not going to try that stuff because it'll give me "experience"... because
frankly, I don't care. It's useless, in my opinion. I'd gain nothing from them
and they'll waste my time. Note: that is MY opinion, not of some anti-drug
advertisement or my parents... they didn't influence me at all in my decision.
If you think they're good, than whoopdidoo... more power to ya.

I also never spout off my opinion, because a response like this and the other

Barney Gumble

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99

> In article <IiyG3.8651$zl1.1...@news2.rdc1.on.home.com>,
> jit...@home.com says...
> >
> > Jason McNorton <jm...@ont.com> wrote in message

> > > Rah rah rah.. rah rah rah.. pot is great, yay..
> > >
> > > Look, it's jackasses like you who think they are above the rules that
> > > causes all of the expenses for jailing your kind. It's a sad reality
> > > that so many idiots just do what they want, regardless of what is legal
> > > or not.
> >
> > And it's also a sad reality that people such as yourself, who obviously *need*
drugs
> > the most, refuse to take them.
>
> Yeah, that's it.. Illegal drugs help people and solve more problems than
> they create. Uh huh.. Keep going, moron.

No, you're confused. I was belittling your idiotic opinion by making a joke at your
expense. Apparently I didn't make it obvious enough for your "drug clear" mind to
comprehend.

Barney Gumble

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99

James V. Bona III <bo...@home.com> wrote in message

> within your view of morality (at least most of them). If you truely beleived
> that morality is subjective, then I would be behaving morally if I killed
> you,
> as long as, my moral code was survival of the fittest.

Check your history - millions of people sleep very well on that premise.

Barney Gumble

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99

> I think we're all (yes, even you) too goddamned important to follow any rule
> blindly. Where do you get the idea that I don't try to change the rules?
> Because I don't follow them in the meantime somehow means that I must not be
> doing anything to change them? So when the American revolutionaries refused
> to pay taxes and threw tea in harbors and shit, they weren't doing any good?
> Hell, refusal to follow the rules is a very common part of going about
> changing them. You know... protests and strikes and the like?

You don't break the law. You write nice letters to op-ed pieces in newspapers. That
will usually bring about social change.

...right?

:)

Barney Gumble

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99

Jason McNorton <jm...@ont.com> wrote in message

> I'm surprised you still have enough sense to get angry over stuff. Give
> the pot a few years, you'll be in a dull haze soon enough not to care.

Looks like we have another "Reefer Madness" viewer.

@you.data RockyXXI

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Drugs are bad.....okay?

HA HA HE HE
Ryan Krebs <vlad...@home.com> wrote in message
> For those who haven't noticed it, start a new game with Big The Cat, and
> you'll see scattered around his hut are huge marijuana leaves. no kidding!
> The roof of Big's hut is also a massive leaf.
> Also, check out the 'wind holes' in the Mystic Ruins. There are pot
> leaves blowing up with the debris.
>
> Now I see where Sonic Team gets their ideas from:)
> Anyone noticed any other occurances?
>
> Ryan krebs
> Calgary,Alberta,Canada.

TuKuuL

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Who cares? I doubt anyone is going to go out and roll a joint just
because some foliage in a video game looks like marijuana. Blow
through the level and move on...

TuKuuL

James V. Bona III

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99

> >While I generally agree that the government should stay out of our lives
as
> >much as possible, I dissagree with your "fuck morality" stance. Morality
is
> >an absolute and not relative. Your belief that as long as you don't hurt
> >anyone
> >else, it's ok is an absolute morality. Basically the ten commandments
fall
> >within your view of morality (at least most of them). If you truely
> beleived
> >that morality is subjective, then I would be behaving morally if I killed
> >you,
> >as long as, my moral code was survival of the fittest. Believing in
> relative
> >morality is believing in anarchy.
>

> What I mean by "fuck morality" is that morality has no place in this
> discussion. If we were talking about killing or rape, then there would be
> point to it.

Is it moral to kill yourself? If the drugs that are being taken are killing
you
physically or mentally, are you being immoral? I believe you are. Obviously,
not all use of drugs have a negative effect on you or others. In such cases
I would argue that it is not immoral. May people argue that it is their body
and they should be able to do with it as they please. I disagree because
life
is a gift. We don't have to go into who gave us life (actually no one knows
for sure), but it was given to you. You didn't create your own life,
therefore
you don't own it.

> I do, however, disagree that there is an absolute morality. Who made up
> this morality? Where did it come from? (Note: God is not a satisfactory
> answer, IMO.)
>
> Tyler

I don't know who made up morality or where it came from. It really doesn't
matter. The human species as a whole, throughout it's entire existance, and
all of it's experiences have defined morality. And it will probably continue
do so as long as we exist. I think that it has to be absolute. How could the
exact same act, performed under the exact same circumstances, be both
right and wrong. Maybe morality is just an evolutionary plant in the human
species that ensures the best chance for the continuation of the species.
Eating
your own offspring is counter to the survival of a species. Maybe that's why
we feel that it is immoral? Or maybe God said it is immoral and thus it is.
don't know the answer, but not many people (or animals for that matter)
would
find eating your own offspring as acceptable. I think that I babbled enough
for now.

James

Tyler Pendleton

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
>Is it moral to kill yourself?

Under certain circumstances, I see no problem with people killing
themselves. I think that Jack Kevorkian being convicted of murder or
manslaughter or whatever is complete nonsense. The people he helps have
terminal illnesses and suffer through a lot of pain. If that person wants
to end his pain because he knows he's going to die soon anything, then go
for it.

It seems so ridiculous that people have a problem with this. They think
that people should be forced to live through even more unnecessary pain when
these people will be able to do nothing else but suffer, and maybe watch
some TV. Who gives anyone the right to tell me when I can die?

Now granted, I can't really condone someone killing himself because his
girlfriend dumped him, but that's a different story. I do think it's
useless to make it a crime to commit suicide. If someone is really serious
about dying, do you really think their going to give a damn about the law?
Or what anyone else thinks? Sure, let's criminalize them and make them feel
even more like dying (assuming they fail somehow, which I frankly cannot
understand failing at that).

If the drugs that are being taken are killing
>you
>physically or mentally, are you being immoral? I believe you are.

Not necessarily immoral. I also smoke cigarettes. I do not endorse
cigarettes and I would urge people to avoid them. I was not concerned with
my health when I started, and I now have a bit of a habit. It was really
stupid of me to start, but at the time I didn't care. However, as long as
I'm not irritating others with my cigarettes, it does not approach my view
of immorality.

>Obviously,
>not all use of drugs have a negative effect on you or others. In such cases
>I would argue that it is not immoral. May people argue that it is their
body
>and they should be able to do with it as they please. I disagree because
>life
>is a gift. We don't have to go into who gave us life (actually no one knows
>for sure), but it was given to you. You didn't create your own life,
>therefore
>you don't own it.

I really disagree with this. If I don't own myself and my life, then what
do I own? Who owns me? I do not necessarily believe in God, and even if he
does exist and created me, that doesn't mean he gets to own me. My parents
had a hand in creating me, but they do not own me. I am no one else's
property. I am my own person. I never asked for a life. I am glad I've
got one, and I don't really want to throw it away, but I can't blame others
for not caring. Many people are born or thrown into fucked-up
circumstances, and if they really want to die, I can't really do anything
about it. Some people would be better off dead, unfortunately.

>I don't know who made up morality or where it came from. It really doesn't
>matter. The human species as a whole, throughout it's entire existance, and
>all of it's experiences have defined morality. And it will probably
continue
>do so as long as we exist. I think that it has to be absolute. How could
the
>exact same act, performed under the exact same circumstances, be both
>right and wrong. Maybe morality is just an evolutionary plant in the human
>species that ensures the best chance for the continuation of the species.
>Eating
>your own offspring is counter to the survival of a species. Maybe that's
why
>we feel that it is immoral? Or maybe God said it is immoral and thus it is.
>don't know the answer, but not many people (or animals for that matter)
>would
>find eating your own offspring as acceptable. I think that I babbled enough
>for now.

Many animals eat their own offspring. Eating your own species at all is
usually bad for preservation. That never stopped any cannibal tribes. How
is it moral to kill people in war? I would find that immoral. Most people
apparently do not.

Everyone's got their own code of ethics or morals or what have you, and
these are not absolute. If they were absolute, then everybody would abide
by the same set. My code of ethics basically states that people shouldn't
hurt other people. That's it. Other people say that if I drink or have
premarital sex, I'm being immoral. Many would disagree. These are not lone
insane savages. Entire communities all over the country have their own
morals, and what other people say about them generally doesn't make a
difference to the people with these morals, just as what people say about
your morals won't change your opinion. I just don't like when people call
their own set of morals "absolute." What makes those morals any better than
mine or anyone else's?

Oh yeah, and Dreamcast rules.

Tyler

P.S. We are way off-topic. If you'd like to continue this over e-mail,
that's fine. We can also continue it here. I don't really care. I'm just
throwing out options.

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
DREAMCAST RULES!

Farns

Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

Mike Farnsworth

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Did I mention that Dreamcast RULES?

Farns

> Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

> Is it moral to kill yourself? If the drugs that are being taken are

killing
> you
> physically or mentally, are you being immoral? I believe you are.

Obviously,
> not all use of drugs have a negative effect on you or others. In such
cases
> I would argue that it is not immoral. May people argue that it is their
body
> and they should be able to do with it as they please. I disagree because
> life
> is a gift. We don't have to go into who gave us life (actually no one
knows
> for sure), but it was given to you. You didn't create your own life,
> therefore
> you don't own it.
>

> > I do, however, disagree that there is an absolute morality. Who made up
> > this morality? Where did it come from? (Note: God is not a
satisfactory
> > answer, IMO.)
> >
> > Tyler
>

> I don't know who made up morality or where it came from. It really doesn't
> matter. The human species as a whole, throughout it's entire existance,
and
> all of it's experiences have defined morality. And it will probably
continue
> do so as long as we exist. I think that it has to be absolute. How could
the
> exact same act, performed under the exact same circumstances, be both
> right and wrong. Maybe morality is just an evolutionary plant in the human
> species that ensures the best chance for the continuation of the species.
> Eating
> your own offspring is counter to the survival of a species. Maybe that's
why
> we feel that it is immoral? Or maybe God said it is immoral and thus it
is.
> don't know the answer, but not many people (or animals for that matter)
> would
> find eating your own offspring as acceptable. I think that I babbled
enough
> for now.
>

> James

MegaShaft_2000

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99
It's good to see that not everyone out there has been brainwashed by all
that government anti-drug bullshit.

I'll take one to the head for you, man!

> Tyler Pendleton <tpend...@gtpd.com> wrote in message

> > >I said drugs make you stupid. I didn't say you were stupid for doing
> > them...
> >
> > Can you fill me on the timetable as to how long this takes? I wouldn't
> want
> > to get stupid all of a sudden.
> >
> > In what way do drugs make you stupid? Has this been shown on IQ tests?
> > Personally, I enjoy programming when I'm stoned. I can just whiz
through
> > that a lot more easily because I get less distracted when I'm trying to
> > concentrate. It's funny how my grades in school actually went up when I
> > started smoking. It's also pretty funny how my work productivity
> increased.
> > Damn, you're right. I guess they did make me stupid. Oh the shame!!
>
> I agree. The *only* way I can program is under the influence of the green
> herb. As far as work, if anything it's gotten easier, as most companies
in
> the area (even those like Boeing that drug-test) have large numbers of
> marijuana smokers. The last company I consulted for was entirely composed
> of smokers, from the CEO down to the sales reps.
>

> > >just misguided in my opinion. People go through stages where they lean
> > towards
> > >drugs, I understand that. It's just way too stereotypical of me,
> > especially as a
> > >teenager to take part in that.
> >
> > Good for you. I was 19 before I even tried alcohol. I understand the
> > stereotypical thing you're talking about. I simply realized that that
was
> > pretty weak reason for not trying out new things and having new
> experiences.
> > I tried drugs. I liked some of them. I still enjoy them. Drugs are
not
> > the same thing as Tommy Hilfiger jeans, and it's not some sort of club.
> >

> Ahhh.. but that's what programs like DARE try to tell you it is. That's
why
> programs like DARE have been proven to not curb teenage drug use one bit.
>
> > Some drugs have very bad effects. Some do not. No matter how hard
people
> > try to tell you they do, these people, like yourself, can cite no
evidence
> > to back it up.
> >

> After experimenting with a great number of different drugs in college
> (Washington State University.... I mean, you're in the middle of hundreds
of
> miles of wheat, what else can you do??? ), I decided that the only one
worth
> taking was Marijuana. I will occasionally drink a good microbrew (if you
> haven't been to a McMenamins, you owe yourself a trip to the Northwest),
but
> marijuana doesn't have the nasty side-effects of alcohol.
>
> Besides, Dreamcast RULES when you're high!
>
> Farns

MrNorCow19

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
Ya know I just had to get in on this discussion, I'm probably a little late,
but what the hell. Alright, first things first, alot of what people know about
marijuana is nothing but government BS, plain and simple. Now this isn't
saying that it's healthy for you, but smoking a joint, getting a nice little
buzz is alot better for your body than drinking a 6-pack, yet for some reason
it seems so much worse.

I mean what it comes down to is personal choice, if you enjoying smoking a
little weed (or alot of weed) well then more power to you. On the same hand if
you're totally against it, don't do it. But don't slander people just because
they might do it. I mean what the hell, does anyone even know why pot was
outlawed in the first place? I've heard two different stories, but I'll tell
you the one that I have most faith in, around the early 30's it was discovered
that the hemp plant could be used to make paper cheaper, and more efficent that
by chopping down trees. Well of course the paper compaines had already spent
buckoos of cash developing ways to make paper from trees, so instead of losing
money they used their power to get to Congress and have pot outlawed because of
the "side effects" it caused when consumed.

Now sorry to burst anyones bubble, but weed isn't that wrong, it dosen't make
you stupid, it dosen't impare your ability to have children, it doesn't impare
you to the point of non-functionability: you can drive just as good as you can
straight, no matter what anyone says. If you look at the facts there is a very
low precentage of marijuana related traffic accidents, and not a single one
fatal, and about half of that precentage it was found that alcohol or some sort
of other drug was also found in their systems.

What weed will do is make you giddy, hungry, and mellow you out... I'll step
down off my soapbox now, but just remeber it's all personal choice. BTW--the
DC kicks ass, but damn Capcom why delay RE:CV until 01? Oh well at least I get
Shen Mue, oh wait... damn it!

Jon Foster

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
> you can drive just as good [on wacky tobaccie] as you can

>straight, no matter what anyone says.

LOL...are you serious?

----------

-JF-

Paul Summerhill

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
While I respect what you say... but I believe that weed is immoral... for me that
is. I'm against putting anything in my body that wasn't *meant* to be there. I
don't require it to survive, therefore I don't use it. The same goes for smoking
and drinking... I'm not just against marijuana.

Though, I think *high* quantities of weed make you go dumb, after years of abuse
especially. Don't think so? just go to a trailer park... there's the proof.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback though.

William Munn

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99

Paul Summerhill wrote:

> While I respect what you say... but I believe that weed is immoral... for me that
> is. I'm against putting anything in my body that wasn't *meant* to be there. I
> don't require it to survive, therefore I don't use it. The same goes for smoking
> and drinking... I'm not just against marijuana.
>
> Though, I think *high* quantities of weed make you go dumb, after years of abuse
> especially. Don't think so? just go to a trailer park... there's the proof.

Sorry, but that isn't really the issue there. It would help to think about the
socio-economic problems and conditions that exist in a trailer park. Hell even
pointing to a trailer park is a stereotype. It really depends on the type of trailer
park and where it is located that determines the overall level of competence of the
residents. Besides if you really want to see dumbed out people from drugs, look at a
lot of the guys who grew up in the late 70's early 80's and did not only pot, but
alcohol, and even more damaging, LSD. You combine those 3 drugs in large quantities
and bad things are bound to happen. But I certainly wouldnt say people are burnouts
just because they live in a trailer park.

Erich J. Moraga

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Ever hear of birth defects dumb-ass!

ChrisW

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 12:50:19 GMT, William Munn <wm...@cfl.rr.com>
wrote:

>Paul Summerhill wrote:
>
>> While I respect what you say... but I believe that weed is immoral... for me that
>> is. I'm against putting anything in my body that wasn't *meant* to be there. I
>> don't require it to survive, therefore I don't use it. The same goes for smoking
>> and drinking... I'm not just against marijuana.
>>
>> Though, I think *high* quantities of weed make you go dumb, after years of abuse
>> especially. Don't think so? just go to a trailer park... there's the proof.

FREE THE WEED!

Chris

http://www.digidol.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.digidol.freeserve.co.uk/htp/indexdev.html
ICQ #40681451

The T stands for Smooth

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99

> While I respect what you say... but I believe that weed is immoral... for
me that
> is. I'm against putting anything in my body that wasn't *meant* to be
there. I
> don't require it to survive, therefore I don't use it. The same goes for
smoking
> and drinking... I'm not just against marijuana

Exactly - why anyone would *purposefully* want to lose control of their
facilities or alter their mind must be on crack... figuratively and
literally.

--
Smooth T's badder than the wicked witch
Got more rhymes than you can beat with a switch.

Tyler Pendleton

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
> Ever hear of birth defects dumb-ass!

It's funny how people say weed causes birth defects (general term) without
citing an actual study or even knowing what type of defects it supposedly
causes.

Tyler

Tyler Pendleton

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
>Exactly - why anyone would *purposefully* want to lose control of their
>facilities or alter their mind must be on crack... figuratively and
>literally.

As far as altering your mind goes, if it's not your cup of tea then fine. I
think it's fun. Just don't equate weed with crack.

Also, not all drugs make you lose control. I've never felt out of control
under the effects of only marijuana.

Tyler

TuKuuL

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Is this thread still alive? <yawn>

Lance Welch

Apr 12, 2021, 5:27:20 PM4/12/21
On Saturday, October 9, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, TuKuuL wrote:
> Is this thread still alive? <yawn>
Ok now this is epic

Shinnokxz

Jun 1, 2021, 1:20:32 AM6/1/21
On Tuesday, September 21, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Ryan Krebs wrote:
> For those who haven't noticed it, start a new game with Big The Cat, and
> you'll see scattered around his hut are huge marijuana leaves. no kidding!
> The roof of Big's hut is also a massive leaf.
> Also, check out the 'wind holes' in the Mystic Ruins. There are pot
> leaves blowing up with the debris.
> Now I see where Sonic Team gets their ideas from:)
> Anyone noticed any other occurances?
> Ryan krebs
> Calgary,Alberta,Canada.

I just looked up a video of a playthrough and saw the scene OP was referring
to. The plants around him have 7 leaves while pot plants have 5.

Looks like a horse chestnut or buckeye seedling to me.