Iron Storm

JWorden

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

I heard Iron Storm came out today. Is it good enough to buy?

Later, Jay

nathan stehle

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

JWorden <JWo...@zianet.com> writes:

>I heard Iron Storm came out today. Is it good enough to buy?

Um, yes. See my review for more info.
--
Nathan Stehle
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Goolsby

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

Iron Storm was in at my local EB on Wednesday. It looks nice, but at
$59.99, I think I'll wait for a used copy to surface...

David Goolsby
dgoo...@midtown.net

nathan stehle

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

dgoo...@midtown.net (David Goolsby) writes:

>Iron Storm was in at my local EB on Wednesday. It looks nice, but at
>$59.99, I think I'll wait for a used copy to surface...

Too bad. At $60, it's a steal. The immense replay value in the game
easily makes it worth $60. Heck, if Guardian Heroes is a good deal at $40
(which it is), with a fairly short game path, but multiple paths, then
Iron Storm is a steal. I've played this game well over 100 hours, and the
time flies by. But, if you want a better price, wait until Best Buy gets
it. Truly a type of game console owners rarely see.

Eric Castle

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

> Iron Storm was in at my local EB on Wednesday. It looks nice, but at
> $59.99, I think I'll wait for a used copy to surface...
>

> David Goolsby
> dgoo...@midtown.net

To each his own. I bought it yesterday and its great! The battle scenes
are cool. You want replay value - this game's got it. But what I really
like is the manual which is in color. Its very nice and I'm just glad that
the game was still priced at $59.99 including that wonderful color manual.
Great job Vic and the rest of the folks at WD. I think I'm going to be
losing sleep to this game.

--
Eric
eric_...@taligent.com

Che'

May 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/12/96

cro...@ibm.net wrote:

> >To each his own. I bought it yesterday and its great! The battle scenes
> >are cool. You want replay value - this game's got it. But what I really
> >like is the manual which is in color. Its very nice and I'm just glad that
> >the game was still priced at $59.99 including that wonderful color manual.
> >Great job Vic and the rest of the folks at WD. I think I'm going to be
> >losing sleep to this game.
>
> Not only does it have a color manual, but the CD looks great AND
> they donate some of the profits to the Holocaust memorial and it's still
> priced at $59.99!!! WD just gained my business. :)
>
> Edward/2 * [Team OS/2]
> "I came to Casablanca for the waters."
> "But we are in the middle of the desert"
> "I was misinformed."

Manual schmanual! Sure it's in color and it looks nice, but
you soon realize that it only tells you the very basics of
the game and the player learns from actually playing the
game hands on. For instance, it tells you what the icons
are in the weapons chart (base, land unit, air unit, infantry,
ship, sub, etc), but you figure it out yourself what they
mean and signify...

This is the most addictive game I've ever played, right up
there with the VERY best... I'm playing the Japanese campaign
on the second scenario with the double frontal assault.
It's too bad I can't control the Manchukuo forces - they
don't seem to be doing too well against the Russians on the
eastern front in Manchuria. I can't very lead a double
assault if they're stopped in their very tracks. :) I have
about 7 days to take the western most Russian HQ. My 8 bombers
are looming, and when they can, leveling city after city
(behind the enemies lines, sometimes it's better just to
destroy a city, else they keep producing artillery, which
is just a PAIN in the arse). I'm amassing my troops and
tanks. It'll be 7 days of pure hell. How fucking awesome.

-che'

cro...@ibm.net

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96