32X checklist of games.

William R. Brickles III

Jun 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/13/95

Here is a list that I dug up when I was going through some old
magazines. It's from September 1994 issue of GamePlayers magazine. It
covers the CES in Chicago.

Alien Trilogy from Acclaim nope
Apache from Domark huh uh
Bullet Fighter from Sega bzzt
Castlevania or Contra from Konami Konami?
Clayfighter II from Interplay 5/5
College Basketball from Sega NO
Cyber Brawl still no
Doom from Sega That's one
Farenheit CD from Sega FMV, but two
Golf Magazine's 32 Great Holes from Sega 3 in a row!
Metal Head from Sega uh huh
Midnight Raiders CD from Sega nope
Mortal Kombat II from Acclaim it's here
NBA Jam: Tournament Edition * from Acclaim Acclaim's good
Shadow of Atlantis from Sega Picture's good
Star Wars Arcade from Sega check
Stellar Assault from Sega nope
Super Afterburner from Sega pretty good
Super Motocross from Sega super from sega
Super Space Harrier from Sega another remake
Super Street Fighter II from Capcom Capcom?
Surgical Strike CD from Sega just arrived
Tempo from Sega bleh, it's here
Virtua Racing Deluxe from Sega hooray!
Wirehead CD from Sega X

The score:

32X cartridge 11/21 52.3% F
32X CD 2/4 50.0% F
Acclaim 2/3 66.7% D
Capcom 0/1 00.0% F-
Domark 0/1 00.0% F-
Interplay 0/1 00.0% F-
Konami 0/1 00.0% F-
Sega 11/18 61.1% D-

Hooray for Sega and Acclaim for passing in their promise for releasing
titles. I'm sure all of us Sega customers are proud that these
companies can crank out 60% of the games they promise.

--
Will
E-Mail: gu...@cleveland.freenet.edu

Felarca Mario M

Jun 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/14/95
gu...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (William R. Brickles III) writes:

>Here is a list that I dug up when I was going through some old
>magazines. It's from September 1994 issue of GamePlayers magazine. It
>covers the CES in Chicago.

>Alien Trilogy from Acclaim nope
>Apache from Domark huh uh
>Bullet Fighter from Sega bzzt
>Castlevania or Contra from Konami Konami?
>Clayfighter II from Interplay 5/5
>College Basketball from Sega NO
>Cyber Brawl still no

I believe this one was released as Cosmic Carnage...

>Doom from Sega That's one
>Farenheit CD from Sega FMV, but two
>Golf Magazine's 32 Great Holes from Sega 3 in a row!
>Metal Head from Sega uh huh
>Midnight Raiders CD from Sega nope
>Mortal Kombat II from Acclaim it's here
>NBA Jam: Tournament Edition * from Acclaim Acclaim's good
>Shadow of Atlantis from Sega Picture's good
>Star Wars Arcade from Sega check
>Stellar Assault from Sega nope

I think this one is what is currently out as Shadow Squadron.
Although I wonder if there will be another game with this name since
we have Shadow Squadron in now, and have a new SKU for Stellar Assault.

>Super Afterburner from Sega pretty good
>Super Motocross from Sega super from sega
>Super Space Harrier from Sega another remake
>Super Street Fighter II from Capcom Capcom?
>Surgical Strike CD from Sega just arrived
>Tempo from Sega bleh, it's here
>Virtua Racing Deluxe from Sega hooray!
>Wirehead CD from Sega X

[snip]

>--
>Will
>E-Mail: gu...@cleveland.freenet.edu

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Acknowledge and move on..." | Mario Felarca
| Senior Sales-SETC #943

nukulkij poom

Jun 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/15/95
Anyone know if Shadow Squadron is just a retitled Stellar Assault? The pics
from the 32X box of SA sure look like they could be an early version of SS.

Poom!

Frank Provo

Jun 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/15/95
gu...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (William R. Brickles III) writes:

>Here is a list that I dug up when I was going through some old
>magazines. It's from September 1994 issue of GamePlayers magazine. It
>covers the CES in Chicago.

>Alien Trilogy from Acclaim nope

Bastards :)

>Castlevania or Contra from Konami Konami?

Same thing :)

>Cyber Brawl still no

Actually yes... it's called Cosmic Carnage... sad, but true.

>NBA Jam: Tournament Edition * from Acclaim Acclaim's good

Yeah, but the bastards ain't doin Alien Trilogy no more :(
But a big thumbs up for making Jam better than MK2 :)

>Stellar Assault from Sega nope

Is it possible this is the game we now know as Shadow Squadron? Just a
thought...

>Super Motocross from Sega super from sega

Yeah, but it sucks for the most part, unless you are an excitebike fan
like me (only in 3d)

>Super Street Fighter II from Capcom Capcom?

Cry! Whine! The 32X could do SSF2T well... come on, please?!

>The score:

>32X cartridge 11/21 52.3% F
>32X CD 2/4 50.0% F
>Acclaim 2/3 66.7% D
>Capcom 0/1 00.0% F-
>Domark 0/1 00.0% F-
>Interplay 0/1 00.0% F-
>Konami 0/1 00.0% F-
>Sega 11/18 61.1% D-

>Hooray for Sega and Acclaim for passing in their promise for releasing
>titles. I'm sure all of us Sega customers are proud that these
>companies can crank out 60% of the games they promise.

Good God, my 1st grade report card didn't look that bad... sigh, and I
like the 32X. Though ya can give sega one more point for Chaotix :) Oh
well, I'll support the 32X until it's dead... and if a company doesn't
want my cash they won't make games on it. It may be foolish, but it's
what I can afford.

Frank

Frank Provo - mos...@u.washington.edu "Frank, You're a Love Machine"
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~mosaic - 2 KBVR (Corvallis) DJ's