MK2 is Out!

瀏覽次數:9 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Paul Middler

未讀,
1996年1月23日 凌晨3:00:001996/1/23
收件者:

So now that MK2 is finally out, let's have some reviews. Since MK2 had
bigger characters than MK3 in the arcades, does the Saturn version have
arcade sized characters, or did they shrink them like they did in the
Playstation version of MK3? In any case, Saturn MK2 should have bigger
and more artistically developed characters than PSX MK3 if they do a
half decent conversion. I'm not much of an MK fan, I'm just wondering
if the developers did a decent job - it might turn out that Sony wasted
their money on MK3. :P

Paul

Trans4mer

未讀,
1996年1月24日 凌晨3:00:001996/1/24
收件者:

In article <4e636v$6...@ixnews4.ix.netcom.com> Darrell Pruitt wrote:
>Well the devlopers really screwed up Mk2 on the saturn. The sound
is so
>fucked up, it has a delay at the begining of each round, no music
>during the ending, i could go on and on and on. Thank you Probe
for
>fucking this up.

guess i won't be getting it, then...
thanks for the info...

Joe Ottoson

In article <4e4h22$b...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, Just...@ix.netcom.com
(Phil) wrote:

> As much as i _despise_ fighter games, how the hell can you say "Sony
> wasted their money on MK3". That game _was_ a system seller, and i
> should know...as when i was in E.B. a few weeks before x-mas, and
> three different families(within a 10 min. time frame) came in looking
> for a 32-bit system, and all their kids were talking about was MK3.
> (even my nephew _had_ to have MK3 for his SNES, and he already had
> MK2)

Sony wasted their money in the sense that it wasn't that big an advantage
to warrant sealing it off from other formats. Acclaim has said that they
didn't make as much off of it as they thought they would (well, Batman
forever stung a little too I'd bet). I even saw 3 people buy a Jag within
30 min of each other at EB ;-O

> Personally i could care less about MK3-P.S. or MK2-Saturn, however
> does it not make more sense to release one of these games _before_
> x-mas...not 4 weeks after it?.

I totally agree with this last part though. MK 1-X.x has never excited me.

--
Lest we forget...

Why not?

Phil

luap...@deepcove.com (Paul Middler) wrote:

>So now that MK2 is finally out, let's have some reviews. Since MK2 had
>bigger characters than MK3 in the arcades, does the Saturn version have
>arcade sized characters, or did they shrink them like they did in the
>Playstation version of MK3? In any case, Saturn MK2 should have bigger
>and more artistically developed characters than PSX MK3 if they do a
>half decent conversion. I'm not much of an MK fan, I'm just wondering
>if the developers did a decent job - it might turn out that Sony wasted
>their money on MK3. :P
>Paul

As much as i _despise_ fighter games, how the hell can you say "Sony
wasted their money on MK3". That game _was_ a system seller, and i
should know...as when i was in E.B. a few weeks before x-mas, and
three different families(within a 10 min. time frame) came in looking
for a 32-bit system, and all their kids were talking about was MK3.
(even my nephew _had_ to have MK3 for his SNES, and he already had
MK2)

Personally i could care less about MK3-P.S. or MK2-Saturn, however

does it not make more sense to release one of these games _before_
x-mas...not 4 weeks after it?.

Phil...

Darrell Pruitt

In <4e4h22$b...@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> Just...@ix.netcom.com (Phil)
writes:

Well the devlopers really screwed up Mk2 on the saturn. The sound is so
fucked up, it has a delay at the begining of each round, no music
during the ending, i could go on and on and on. Thank you Probe for
fucking this up.

john

RobertR166

未讀,
1996年1月25日 凌晨3:00:001996/1/25
收件者:
well guys this game truely blows and it is going back to EB immediately
tommorow . I mean this game sucked as much as Criticom for gods sake . The
sound is so screwed that it is painful , they don't even announce a
charachters name when you select them you just hear a gong . And the most
unforgivable of all is the lack of key sounds , ie. Raidens noise when he
dives and many others ! Plus there is slowdown on special moves (subbies
freeze move) .

AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS!!!!! -
RobertR166

Eric Castle

未讀,
1996年1月30日 凌晨3:00:001996/1/30
收件者:
In article <4e74nq$p...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, rober...@aol.com
(RobertR166) wrote:

I read the posts and went ahead and got the game anyway. Well, everyone
was right about dogging this game. The sound truly blows. It ruins the
whole thing for me at least (and many others too apparently). I mean its
just not MK without the music and sounds all being there. The music
sounds like its playing from a Sega Master System. Even the voice that
says fatality sounds wrong.

The graphics are good though. But without the music, voices, and sounds
being accurate its just not MKII. I was expecting a pulse pounding
soundtrack like on the soundtrack to the Mortal Kombat movie.

The fatalities (at least the ones Subzero performs) are all jerky with

Also the game seemed too hard. I put it on very easy and didn't win one
fight. I mean I'm not exactly great at this game and haven't played it for
some time but I mean come on, the "Very Easy" setting should be easy
don'tcha think.

This game is going back. Acclaim and Probe (the ones who programmed it)
need to be sent a message that we won't except such a substandard version
of the game when there is absolutely no reason why the game couldn't have
had all the correct sounds/music/voices. It should have been arcade
perfect but apparently the programmers at Probe suck and Acclaim with them
for approving this version. I wonder what the hell they were doing with
the game from August till now. Nothing apparently.

Well, someone posted that the PSX will get MKII in March. I guess that
will be my last hope that Acclaim will get it right. Yeah right. Looks
like I'll never get a good copy of MKII. I just hope whoever does MKIII
for Saturn doesn't screw it up and also makes the characters as big as
they should be unlike the PSX version.

I hope the folks at Acclaim and Probe see all these negative posts about
MKII. They deserve all the shit they are getting for releasing such a lame
version of the game and taking forever to do it.

--
Eric
eric_...@taligent.com

0 則新訊息