BASEBALL GAMES...WHEN ARE NEW ONES COMING OUT?

Duane Davis

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

Anyone know when the next sports release for the saturn is...looking
especially for baseball games and not sure about Big Hurt yet?

Dragonmaster X

Jun 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/17/96

World Series 2 is coming out pretty soon, some time in August I think.
There's no better baseball game than World Series.

Richard John

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

On 15 Jun 1996 14:33:20 GMT, dmd...@ix.netcom.com(Duane Davis) wrote:

>Anyone know when the next sports release for the saturn is...looking
>especially for baseball games and not sure about Big Hurt yet?

NBA In The Zone, and NBA Live '96 are being released any day now, but
now that we have NBA Action, I don't think we'll nedd these two.
As for baseball, World Series Baseball '97 is going to be released
during July, August, and has every stadium!! Goodie two-shoes!!
Dan.
-Dan & Richard John
r...@pathcom.com
"It's just a little airborn, it's still good, it's still good!"
- H. Simpson
Broadcasting from Oakville, ON
http://www.pathcom.com/~rna/nextgen.htm
NEXT GENERATION SEGA SATURN PAGE

Matso Limtiaco

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

> >Anyone know when the next sports release for the saturn is...looking
> >especially for baseball games and not sure about Big Hurt yet?

As of 6/18:
Big Hurt Baseball is now out in stores. Decent graphics, but colors all
seem kinda washed out (same prob as with QB Club 96). Gameplay is okay
but not great - hitting is all timing and no aiming cursor or similar
device. Players look okay, with more or less real-life attributes.
Played Seattle vs. Detroit & beat the Tigers 15-2, with four home runs.
Maybe not too different from real life? A few inexcusable graphics
errors...how 'bout that BEIGE Monster in Fenway Park?? It will track
stats over a season, though. No trades or player creation.

More releases? I've been checking a number of sites, including the
Electronics Boutique "Coming Soon" page, the Sega Sports network page, the
Data East page, and others. These are as accurate as I know of - and
believe me, I'm as impatient as you are for these titles to come out! ---

MVP Baseball '96 by Data East/Blue Sky - July 1 (according to EBoutique).
More likely, we'll see this one by the All-Star break. I Emailed Data
East and got a short but quick reply, and July is in fact the anticipated
release date. This one looks good.

Triple Play 97 - I can find NO signs anywhere that this game will be
released on Saturn - PSX only, apparently. Bite me, EA! Triple Play Gold
(same as last year's TP '96, no MLB license) will be out on Genesis
sometime within the next week or two (6/20, from EBoutique).

MLBPA Baseball (Bottom of the Ninth?) from Konami - August 15
(EBoutique). No other info available.

World Series Baseball 2 - Oct. 15, from an Email that a rep from Sega
Sports sent me last week. Anyone that says it'll be around by August is
not accurate. However, WSB '96 for Genesis will be available by late July
(same source).

VR Baseball from Interplay - January 1 '97. Forget it.

3D Baseball from Crystal Dynamics - with the company downsizing, who knows?

Hope this helps. The baseball games are coming....sloooooowly! Other
sports: NHL Powerplay - Mid-July, and everyone's saying right now that
this is THE definitive hockey game. MVP College Football - Aug. 1.

Here's to more sports for Saturn...we've been patient for WAY too long!

Duane Davis

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

In <limtiaco-180...@128.95.77.80> limt...@uwashington.edu

Thanks a ton for the reply!!! I can't wait...I hope there is some
football on the way too.