Sonic 3 - The carnival

Meg Jahnke

Jun 1, 1994, 2:59:47 PM6/1/94
Ok, I give up, I'll break down and ask.

How do you get past that stupid bouncing barrel in the second act of
carnival????? I've seen posts in the past about it, but of course I didn't
have sonic 3 then and I didn't read them.. *sigh* Somehow Tails manages to get
down there every once in a while, but I can't get Sonic down there!

Also can you win the 3rd zone (whose name I've forgotten, just before
carnival) with Tails? I know what to do if you're playing both, but I can't
get Tails out of his heliocopter mode to hit the Doc! (This is the level where
Doc destroys the ground, and Tails & Sonic go flying after him).

-meg
m...@cerf.net
--
-Meg
mja...@cerf.net

Steve Astoria

Jun 1, 1994, 6:36:56 PM6/1/94

I had the same stupid problem!
I must have spent two hours on the dumb level!
Enough though. Here is how you get past Carnival night zone!
When you are standin on the barrel just push up and down on the direction
control! THe barrel witll move up and dwon further and further with each push
eventually you can jump off the barrel after is has gone below the floor!

The bet the flying baddy with tails only is very tricky.!
I sujust gettin as many wacks on him as you can before he knocks the floor
away. After you are airborn you have to wait fro him the come flying at you.
Then you have to het under him and come up at him so your TAIL hit him first.
He will doo the clasic Sonic boss being hit flash. This is very tricky!
It took me atleast one try to beat him!

You've seen men fall in battle often enough, killed man to man or in thick
melee. -TLhe Odyssey

Steve Astoria
(Really Keith Astoria I'm just using my dad's man untill mine comes through!)

Steve Astoria

Jun 1, 1994, 6:52:41 PM6/1/94

I also think you should try beating the game and getting all the emeralds.
That way you don't have to worry about pulling you hair out trying to get
the level select code the work.

You've seen men fall in battle often enough, killed man to man or in thick

melee- The Odyseey

Keith Astoria

Joel Finkle

Jun 2, 1994, 1:21:55 PM6/2/94
In article <2silr3$s...@news.cerf.net> Meg Jahnke, mja...@nic.cerf.net writes:
>How do you get past that stupid bouncing barrel in the second act of
>carnival????? I've seen posts in the past about it, but of course I didn't
>have sonic 3 then and I didn't read them.. *sigh* Somehow Tails manages to get
>down there every once in a while, but I can't get Sonic down there!

Think of it like a swing: Press down while going down,
press up while going up, and the barrel will make a bigger
swing every time 'round. Eventually you can get to the bottom.

>Also can you win the 3rd zone (whose name I've forgotten, just before
>carnival) with Tails? I know what to do if you're playing both, but I can't
>get Tails out of his heliocopter mode to hit the Doc! (This is the level where
>Doc destroys the ground, and Tails & Sonic go flying after him).

It's tough, a little easier with Sonic (who gets Tails to help).
Tails can hit flying things with his spinning tail. That means
you have to hit from below. It's best to do so on the left-to-right
passes that Robotnik makes.

Good Luck,
Joel
--
Joel Finkle
Searle R&D

"And when I die don't bury me / in a box in a cemetery.
Out in the garden would be much better,
I could be pushin' up home grown tomatoes" -- Guy Clark, "Home Grown Tomatoes"

Lezz Giles

Jun 2, 1994, 11:03:05 AM6/2/94
In article <CqqpH...@freenet.carleton.ca>, au...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Steve Astoria) writes:
|>I had the same stupid problem!
|>I must have spent two hours on the dumb level!
|>Enough though. Here is how you get past Carnival night zone!
|>When you are standin on the barrel just push up and down on the direction
|>control! THe barrel witll move up and dwon further and further with each push
|>eventually you can jump off the barrel after is has gone below the floor!

I had the same problem and even after reading other people's advice still
couldn't get it - the secret which took me days to realize is DON'T JUMP!!
Somehow I always read people's advice as meaning I should jump in time
with the barrel, but what they really meant was that I should press up
and down in time with the barrel.

Lezz