MSH: delay or cancel?

Jason

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97

Today is 2nd of Oct. and still no
MSH. I think(not sure) the Saturn
version should be better than the PSX
version, but I may buy the PSX version
today since the Saturn version still not
here. Does anyone know what going
on?

Jason

Joe Ottoson

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97

It's out already. Try asking the chuckelheads behind the counter why you
can't find it...

> Jason

Reviewer for Gamers Island

http://www.netizenislands.com/islander

John Hayes

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97

Joel Rickenbach wrote:

> Mountain Dew Geist HS wrote:

> > aj...@dim.com (Joe Ottoson) wrote:

> > >It's out already. Try asking the chuckelheads behind the counter why you
> > >can't find it...
> >
> > In regards to your 'chuckelheads' remark I'd like to extend my
> > gracious 'Fuck you'. I happen to be one of those 'chuckelheads', and
> > you know what? Regardless of what you the consumer (aka cattle) may
> > believe; We the 'chuckelheads' aren't busy programming, pressing,
> > and distributing these games. The back room of yopur friendly
> > neighborhood software store is NOT the publishing/distribution
> > facility some of you delusional people tend to believe it is.
> >
> > What do we do? Why we deal with insufferable, unruly, and
> > otherwise unsavory characters on a day to day basis. So next time
> > your 'favorite' software retailer doesn't have a title you're
> > demanding that has just recently been released, is en route, or is
> > otherwise delayed due to manufacturing take YOUR 'chuckelhead' ass to
> > the local drug store, purchase a book of stamps, a box of envelopes, a
> > package of paper, and some pencils. And start writing letters.
> >
> > We don't want to hear it people. If you're too lazy to get
> > informed about the hardware *you* own it's your own damned fault. Not
> > mine or my co-workers.
> >
> > Have a good day. . 'chuckelheads'.
> >
> Your right; not all game store employees are "chuckleheads". But, some
> of them are. I have yet to go to a game store where the employee knows
> what Mischief makers(N64) is. Every time i would ask they would say
> "whats that?". then when it came out i went to one of my local EBs, and
> did not see it on the rack. so i asked the clerk if it came in, and she
> said "oh, yeah it did. I didnt bother to put it on the shelf yet". Then
> when she scanned it in she said "by the way, what the hell is this
> anyway?". ugh, employees at game stores should be at least a little
> clued up. I know employment there is for everyone, but they should hire
> knowlegble people. ...joel

Thats damn right! I worked at an E.B. and at Walgreens in my time and
I never got any crap, that I didn't deserve, from customers because I
was INFORMED. I kept up to date on what was going on in the Industry
and what the Release dates ACTUALLY meant. ie. it's not coming out on
that date :-P I never got the peoples hope up or called them names to
their face (cattle) You'll find that you generally reap what you sow
with the public.
LEGAL NOTICE: Anyone sending unsolicited commercial email to this
adresswill be charged a $1500 proofreading fee. This is an official
notification.
Failure to abide by this will result in legal action as per the
following:
By US CODE Title 47,sec.227(a)(2)(b), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine.
BY SEC 227 (b)(1)(c)it is unlawful for anyone to send any unsolicited
ads to such equipment.
BY SEC 227 (b)(3)(c)a violation of the afformentioned Sec. is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $1500,
whichever is greater.

Mountain Dew Geist HS

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

aj...@dim.com (Joe Ottoson) wrote:

>> Jason

armi...@webtv.net

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

--WebTV-Mail-1055345830-5232

I'm not a chucklehead..

Ant

--WebTV-Mail-1055345830-5232

I firmly believe in the philosophy in a ruling class... especially since I rule. - Randall and Dante ponder the importance of the class structure in CLERKS.

--WebTV-Mail-1055345830-5232--

John E Larkspur

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

Joel Rickenbach (bas...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: Mountain Dew Geist HS wrote:
: > >> Today is 2nd of Oct. and still no
: > >> MSH. I think(not sure) the Saturn
: > >> version should be better than the PSX
: > >> version, but I may buy the PSX version
: > >> today since the Saturn version still not
: > >> here. Does anyone know what going
: > >> on?
: > >>
: > >It's out already. Try asking the chuckelheads behind the counter why you
: > >can't find it...
: >
: > In regards to your 'chuckelheads' remark I'd like to extend my
: > gracious 'Fuck you'. I happen to be one of those 'chuckelheads', and
: > you know what? Regardless of what you the consumer (aka cattle) may
: > believe; We the 'chuckelheads' aren't busy programming, pressing,
: > and distributing these games. The back room of yopur friendly
: > neighborhood software store is NOT the publishing/distribution
: > facility some of you delusional people tend to believe it is.

My local Software Etc seems to be completely incapable of getting new
Saturn games out on the rack. Fortunately, they keep their supplies in a
glass case behind the counter, which I very pointedly go around to look
at whenever I stop by. Not once have I performed this rather obnoxious
act without justification, there is always a Saturn title or two not
displayed on the rack. If the rack at your store displays all the Saturn
titles in stock, I am not referring personally to you, but otherwise I
reserve the right to call the employees as my local software store far
worse names than 'chucklehead'.

-Lark

Joe Ottoson

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

In article <34344f21...@nntp.stratos.net>,

<defau...@domain.com> wrote:

> >> Today is 2nd of Oct. and still no
> >> MSH. I think(not sure) the Saturn
> >> version should be better than the PSX
> >> version, but I may buy the PSX version
> >> today since the Saturn version still not
> >> here. Does anyone know what going
> >> on?
> >>
> >It's out already. Try asking the chuckelheads behind the counter why you
> >can't find it...
>
> In regards to your 'chuckelheads' remark I'd like to extend my
> gracious 'Fuck you'.

You're welcome. Pity 99% of the time, video game stores have people
working there who have all their gaming info from reading last year's Game
pro, and you always get the wise clerk who spouts nothing but moronic
rumors while the other morons gather about the lead buffon who smile and
nod while he works his tapistry of disinformation, lies and ignorance.
Polite to GamePro zombies? Nah...

The only difference between the consumer "cattle" and you is that you're
standing in a smaller pen. Obviously nothing has made most sales clerks
privy to inside industry information, so I somehow doubt you've been
evelated to a higher plane of gurudom by being herded into the glue
factory...

I happen to be one of those 'chuckelheads', and
> you know what?

What?

Regardless of what you the consumer (aka cattle) may
> believe;

You don't order games that the companies have already released? That's
terrible business!

We the 'chuckelheads' aren't busy programming, pressing,
> and distributing these games.

You should still be ordering it chucklehead. (someone at your store does
don't they? Or does the magical reigional distribution fairy control your
*entire stock*?)

The back room of yopur friendly
> neighborhood software store is NOT the publishing/distribution
> facility some of you delusional people tend to believe it is.

No, but requesting a game that exsts tends to show chuckleheads like you
(and your bosses, and the distributors) that people *wnat* the game. Hecne
the distributors get in gear of the cogs actually spin for once in their
petty bitter little lives.

Are you the same Software Etc employee that claims that Sega's releasing
the M2 upgrade next month BTW? There are some flaming morons in retail,
just are there are idiotic customers you know chucklehead... (nah, you've
seen it all I suppose, you know the cattle's secret phrase "is it
tight?"!)

> What do we do? Why we deal with insufferable, unruly, and
> otherwise unsavory characters on a day to day basis.

So quit and get a job that pays better than min wage for the same hours.
(Ain't exactly hard, and there are plenty of places that involve less
consumer interaction with the same gleeful "duh" factor you've been
suffering though all these many months)

I know you could say "Do you want paper or plastic" for example ;P

> We don't want to hear it people.

If you're hearing it, it's your own damn fault. IMO, I'm sick of your
wounded idiot customer act that's been forced on the newsgroup for the
past few months. Any job that can turn a person into a raving loon just
isn't worth the trouble. Or is it just that tight of a job?

If you're too lazy to get
> informed about the hardware *you* own it's your own damned fault.

People have bought MSH in stores chucklehead. EB allows you to specially
order a game if you don't find it. There's plenty to be done on your end
even if you fell off the Prozack wagon months ago...

Joel Rickenbach

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

Mountain Dew Geist HS wrote:

> aj...@dim.com (Joe Ottoson) wrote:
>
> >In article <3433C5A2...@domain.com>, Jason <defau...@domain.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Today is 2nd of Oct. and still no
> >> MSH. I think(not sure) the Saturn
> >> version should be better than the PSX
> >> version, but I may buy the PSX version
> >> today since the Saturn version still not
> >> here. Does anyone know what going
> >> on?
> >>
> >It's out already. Try asking the chuckelheads behind the counter why you
> >can't find it...
>
> In regards to your 'chuckelheads' remark I'd like to extend my
> gracious 'Fuck you'. I happen to be one of those 'chuckelheads', and
> you know what? Regardless of what you the consumer (aka cattle) may
> believe; We the 'chuckelheads' aren't busy programming, pressing,
> and distributing these games. The back room of yopur friendly

> neighborhood software store is NOT the publishing/distribution
> facility some of you delusional people tend to believe it is.
>
> What do we do? Why we deal with insufferable, unruly, and
> otherwise unsavory characters on a day to day basis. So next time
> your 'favorite' software retailer doesn't have a title you're
> demanding that has just recently been released, is en route, or is
> otherwise delayed due to manufacturing take YOUR 'chuckelhead' ass to
> the local drug store, purchase a book of stamps, a box of envelopes, a
> package of paper, and some pencils. And start writing letters.
>
> We don't want to hear it people. If you're too lazy to get
> informed about the hardware *you* own it's your own damned fault. Not
> mine or my co-workers.
>
> Have a good day. . 'chuckelheads'.

Mountain Dew Geist HS

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

Joel Rickenbach <bas...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

It is indeed unfortunate that over the board retail jobs don't
require much aside from ringing a register and being to work on time.
That's a broad generalization, but it's mostly true. You can
practically get a job at *any* retail establishment. The question is
are you suitable for what you'll be selling? I could have applied at
Fashion Bug Plus, Waldenbooks, or Victoria's Secret. But I didn't.
. . although working at Victoria's Secret could be entertaining.
Because I'm not a suitable person for those positions.

Fortunately when I went in search of a new job I went after
something I could tolerate and I felt I could be a useful addition to.
I'm enthusiastic about computers and video games so I figured. . . Hey
why not.

At the store I work at my boss tries to hire sensible and
reasonably knowledgable people. We have a good group of employee's
and if one of us is weak in one area we will ask one another for
answers or just introduce the customer to them and let that person
take charge.

Personally I don't spread bullshit rumors about 'Nintendo's
Voodoo chip' or 'Sega's 128-bit system' (Our district manager on the
other hand is quite guilty of such preposterous claims). I encourage
my co-workers not to do that either. Misinformation is not a pretty
thing and too many people fall prey to deceptive claims of sales
people. When someone asks for an opinion I give an honest one. When
someone asks for advice I give them my best. I'm a generally
reasonable sales person.

Until some schmuck comes in and 'axes' me, "Is dat Final
Fantasy 7 tight?", then 'axes' me "What's a 'role-playing' game?",
then 'axes', "Why isn't it a fighting game if he's got a big-ass
sword?"

See what I mean? One hand washes the other.

I don't use Lava soap.

Dllem (sept)

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

>You're welcome. Pity 99% of the time, video game stores have people
>working there who have all their gaming info from reading last year's Game
>pro, and you always get the wise clerk who spouts nothing but moronic
>rumors while the other morons gather about the lead buffon who smile and
>nod while he works his tapistry of disinformation, lies and ignorance.
>Polite to GamePro zombies? Nah...

Who cares? If someone wants a game, they should know what it's about.
All they should have to do is sell their product. Any more is a
Bonus. Too many snobby little kinds are coming around now.. Remember
getting games from Toys'R'Us? Try and ask them aboujt the game.

Personally, I think they (people who work at game-only stores) should
go out and get real jobs. How much do they pay, like 6-8$?

And you can play games your entire life, Zippity do da.

Dllem

-------
Due to increasing amounts of Fanmail,
Remove the i to Mail me..

Mountain Dew Geist HS

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

jl...@netcom.com (John E Larkspur) wrote:

> My local Software Etc seems to be completely incapable of getting new
>Saturn games out on the rack. Fortunately, they keep their supplies in a
>glass case behind the counter, which I very pointedly go around to look
>at whenever I stop by. Not once have I performed this rather obnoxious
>act without justification, there is always a Saturn title or two not
>displayed on the rack. If the rack at your store displays all the Saturn
>titles in stock, I am not referring personally to you, but otherwise I
>reserve the right to call the employees as my local software store far
>worse names than 'chucklehead'.
>
>-Lark

That sounds like something you may want to take up with the
district manager. Apparently the manager of the store isn't
interested in moving product. My boss has a fit if we don't have
'guts' (aka: Display Boxes) for all of our PSX, N64, and SS titles.
Regardless of which system has a larger market-share there should
always be at least a small area with all the titles available on
display.

It's unfortunate you have to keep tabs on the employees. I'd
reccomend shopping elsewhere if at all possible. Disorganization is
one of the reasons I stopped purchasing from Best Buy. With their
magical mystery pricing and jumbled display areas. Then again. . .
from a worker ants point of view I can understand what a pain it would
be keeping that amount of software in order. :)

MonkeyBoy

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Well, today's the eighth, and thankfully my local Babbages finally got
copies in stock! I'm guessing that there simply isn't a big "push" for
Saturn games from the folks in charge of moving stock around. Frankly, I've
noticed more and more stores don't really seem to care about keeping their
Saturn stock up to date...:(