Burning Rangers out today!!!

Millennium Watcher

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

This is true, according to EB. Has anyone picked up a copy yet? I'd like
to get reviews on the domestic version...did Sega fix the glitches/bugs???
And will there be a shortage of sales again? :)

--
Remove "HATESPAM" from my email address to reply

Kevin Roverud

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

In article <6l3ofn$cs4$1...@watserv3.uwaterloo.ca>,

Millennium Watcher <mwatcher...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>This is true, according to EB. Has anyone picked up a copy yet? I'd like
>to get reviews on the domestic version...did Sega fix the glitches/bugs???
>And will there be a shortage of sales again? :)

Just one hour ago I got a call from EBX. My copy of Burning Rangers is in.
Needless to say, I was quite stunned. I didn't think it was coming out
this soon (I thought it had been pushed back until July, and knowing
SOA...) I also just bought PDS from EBX (say that 10 times fast)
yesterday.

Oh man.. 3 more days until finals, then I'll have a saturn summer

--
----
Kevin Roverud

ManaByte

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:03:07 -0400, "Millennium Watcher"
<mwatcher...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This is true, according to EB. Has anyone picked up a copy yet? I'd like
>to get reviews on the domestic version...did Sega fix the glitches/bugs???
>And will there be a shortage of sales again? :)

Yes, there are major shortages. At the dog shit store known as EB, I
pre-paid for the game in full, and they didn't hold me one and said
that have no idea when they will get more. The same thing happened
with Panzer Dragoon Saga. I'm calling the EB district manager, the
home office, and Sega to complain. I used to work for the company, and
I know how to get people fired.

PR9797

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

I got my copy of BR today. Had it reserved for a month now. From the hour or so
I have played, I can tell you of what I like and dislike about the game:

+ Voice acting is overall good.
+ Analog control is excellent.
+ Graphics are overall good, but
+ Pretty intense
- Polygon glitching is apparent
- It can get confusing when multiple explosions happen. (When this
happens, its hard to know where to go, voice navigation helps relieve
this problem though)
From my first impression, I can say that this is a good game. I cannot say if
its a saturn best (only around 1 hour of playtime)
I will post a review (or should I say 2nd impression) tomorrow

Torajima

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

> Yes, there are major shortages. At the dog shit store known as EB, I
> pre-paid for the game in full, and they didn't hold me one and said
> that have no idea when they will get more. The same thing happened
> with Panzer Dragoon Saga. I'm calling the EB district manager, the
> home office, and Sega to complain. I used to work for the company, and
> I know how to get people fired.

EB just got in their second shipments, at least on the east coast. My
local EB has at least 10 copies of PDS sitting on the shelves now.

Torajima

Ed Giangrande

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

hehehe... sonds like an EB to me.. I always love how they'll open up
reserved copies to throw in the machines for me.. I don't even think my
EBeven got PDS in so I doubt they'd have BR..

In <357590de...@news.jps.net> mana...@hotmail.com (ManaByte)
writes:

>On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:03:07 -0400, "Millennium Watcher"
><mwatcher...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>This is true, according to EB. Has anyone picked up a copy yet? I'd
like
>>to get reviews on the domestic version...did Sega fix the
glitches/bugs???
>>And will there be a shortage of sales again? :)

Greg A. Colton !

Jun 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/5/98

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Torajima wrote:
> EB just got in their second shipments, at least on the east coast. My
> local EB has at least 10 copies of PDS sitting on the shelves now.

Dude, tell them to shoot some over to Michigan! I was on the waiting
list, but none were saved for me :( Fortunately, the nice lady at
Toys R Us said she'd hold one for me when they get them next week...she
understood my frustration over these title shortages. She even put aside
the last HoTD for me! whoohoo!

THE FLAPPER!!!!!!!
"...it's offensive to short deformed || "Cram it with walnuts, ugly!"
people who look like testicles." || -Homer Simpson
-Tom Stern discussing E.T. ||