CenterRIng Boxing and Saturn displays

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Abbott Wang

unread,
Dec 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/8/95
to
hello all,

i went to my local software etc today, and i noticed that they had
CenterRing Boxing. Could someone post a review of this game? is it worth
getting?
also, another thing that bothers me about the saturn is the display
setup. they keep all the games behind the counter, and they have boxes
of the game on display. what bothers me is that they have Ghen, Wolrd
Series Baseball, and Centerring boxing in stock, but they dont have
display boxes in the store!
maybe that is a reason why they dont sell as many saturn games?
i dunno, just an observation.
laters
ABb

Abbott Wang Send e-mail to rubi...@sas.upenn.edu
University of Pennsylvania with a subject of GET LIST
wan...@futures.wharton.upenn.edu (215)417-1108
abb...@halcyon.resnet.upenn.edu Wharton '96
CHECK OUT MY WWW PAGE @ http://futures.wharton.upenn.edu/~wang57
*******************************************************************************
"mmmmmm, I'd do ANYTHING for a drop of sweet beer..."
--- Homer Simpson
*******************************************************************************
For a list of my DATs, please send e-mail to rubi...@sas.upenn.edu
with a subject of GET LIST.


mo...@fastlane.net

unread,
Dec 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/9/95
to
In article <4aae4q$2...@netnews.upenn.edu>,
wan...@futures.wharton.upenn.edu (Abbott Wang) wrote:

> hello all,
>
> i went to my local software etc today, and i noticed that they had
> CenterRing Boxing. Could someone post a review of this game? is it worth
> getting?


YES!!!This game is a blast!At first the boxers seem kinda slow but after a
few bouts and after you upgrade your boxer in the main event mode you'll
get faster and better overall.Its great.Go get it if you are a boxing fan
or even if you are not for that matter!There's nothing like knowing your
opponent is getting his butt kicked then moving in for the kill while
he(or she) is trying to keep away from you and you go chasing them down
and POUNDING them with some killer combos!!!You have to go through 30
other boxers to achieve champion status so it'll be alot of boxing action
on the way to the top.You'll really get into this title.
Dave

Graphics........8.5

Sound...........7

Playability.....9

Replay value....9

realism.........7

Overall pound fest...10+

--


Andy Straw

unread,
Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
to
In article <moon-09129...@fw39.fastlane.net>, mo...@fastlane.net
says...

>You'll really get into this title.
>Dave
>
>Graphics........8.5
>Sound...........7
>Playability.....9
>Replay value....9
>realism.........7
>Overall pound fest...10+

This title is poor in respect to that vital quality 'Lastability'. I don't
want to sound cocky but it didnt take much effort at all to beat the 30
ranked boxers and 'The Champ' ! I learned NO combos on the way and got there
using left Jab 60% of the time, Block 30% of the time and occasional Hook 10%
. I expected it to be much tougher - this was my first attempt!

Don't get me wrong, it is a visually appealing Boxing sim (tho a lack of
blood) and beating up a Kangaroo is also fun. But please, next time - make it
harder !

Andy acs...@brookes.ac.uk


Darkflight

unread,
Dec 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/13/95
to
In article <4aae4q$2...@netnews.upenn.edu>,
wan...@futures.wharton.upenn.edu (Abbott Wang) wrote:
>also, another thing that bothers me about the saturn is the display
>setup. they keep all the games behind the counter, and they have boxes
>of the game on display. what bothers me is that they have Ghen, Wolrd
>Series Baseball, and Centerring boxing in stock, but they dont have
>display boxes in the store! maybe that is a reason why they dont sell as
many saturn games? i dunno, just an observation.

Well either A) The software ETC in your area just got the title in, or it's
the last one they have, or that they are incredibly biased against the system.
I know that at the Electronic's Boutique that I work at, anytime we get
a new title in, if we don't have it already on the shelf, we take it to the
back, open it up, shrink-wrap the game and ut it's box up on display. (Unless
it comes with a display box,which then saves us the trouble... We do that
will all of our video game titles, even if we only have one single copy
available, we will put it up on display like that.


Darkflight
dar...@cyberg8t.com
Sonic the Hedgehog / Sega Saturn, the best go here!

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages