Chaotix...and Farenheit =)

jg...@rivers.acc.uwrf.edu

Apr 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/4/95
In article <3lsnr7$2...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, mfel...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu (Felarca Mario M) writes:
> I was this close (Mario holds up two fingers) to buying Chaotix today, but
> since platformers usually aren't my type of game, I was wondering what
> peoples opinions are that are floating around out there right now.
>
> Second, Farenheit has been released. It comes packaged with both Sega-CD
> and 32X CD discs in the same box. Has this been mentioned already? If so
> what are peoples opinions??
>
> Third...what is the general consensus on Shining Force CD. I think I may have
> to spend more money (and time) than I have on a few games soon. =)

My opinion on Shining Force is thumbs up, way up. If you like this genre
of games, you cannot go wrong and will be very happy with it. I am playing
this game constantly, and there is still a huge amount of game left to play.
you will not finish this one like Beyond Oasis (guessing at LEAST 30 hrs
probably much more to finish). The music is as good as lunar's, and you
really get to like the characters in this game. Can't say enough good things
about this game.

--
Jeff Gunnink Internet: Jeff.R.Gunnink@ uwrf.edu

Felarca Mario M

V Valenti (JERKY)

Apr 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/5/95

Felarca Mario M <mfel...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>I was this close (Mario holds up two fingers) to buying Chaotix today, but
>since platformers usually aren't my type of game, I was wondering what
>peoples opinions are that are floating around out there right now.
>
>Second, Farenheit has been released. It comes packaged with both Sega-CD
>and 32X CD discs in the same box. Has this been mentioned already? If so
>what are peoples opinions??

I say, as long as it doesn't raise the price, that its a GREAT idea!
Maybe this way there will be more incentive to release dual sega-32X
versions of CD games from now on. For example, I was disappointed that
they didnt make a 32xCD version of Road Rash, it could have been close
to the 3DO version :(. Plus, I hate having to wait for 32x versions to
come out after the regular version, like NBA JamTE. If I didnt know
there was one coming out for the 32x, I may have bought the Genny
version, then felt really stupid once the 32x version was released.

Jerky!

Sergei Aish

Apr 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/5/95
jg...@rivers.acc.uwrf.edu wrote (regarding Shining Force CD):

: ... and there is still a huge amount of game left to play.

: you will not finish this one like Beyond Oasis (guessing at LEAST 30 hrs
: probably much more to finish).

Depends on the difficulty level that you set it at, but even at easy you'll
spend a decent amount of time on it. However, don't play it on easy,
select hard or, at least, normal.

: The music is as good as lunar's,

That's a bit pushing it :-)

Overall, a pretty good game, especially when compared to $80-90 cart RPG's.

As an aside, I must say that I am very satisfied with my Sega CD. I got to
play Lunar, Vay, Popful Mail, Snatcher and Dark Wizard. I also had a lot of
fun with Robo Aleste and even managed to get some mileage from the wretched
Earnest Evans and Annet Again imports. With SFCD now and Lunar 2 in the near
future, I am quite happy that I have a Sega CD.

-S.A.

John Even III

Apr 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/5/95
In <1995Apr...@rivers.acc.uwrf.edu> jg...@rivers.acc.uwrf.edu writes:

>> Second, Farenheit has been released. It comes packaged with both Sega-CD
>> and 32X CD discs in the same box. Has this been mentioned already? If so
>> what are peoples opinions??

sounds like a good strategy
the sega cd owner that buys it says, hmm i already have the
32x version, i might as well get a 32x to play it since they
are only 100 bucks (they are 100 now right?)
--
John Even Drop the Leash, Drop the Leash
eve...@iastate.edu (I'll Swallow Your Soul)*3

First M. Lastname

Apr 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/8/95
In article <3lup5i$4...@news.bu.edu>
shim...@bu.edu (Sergei Aish) writes:

> As an aside, I must say that I am very satisfied with my Sega CD. I got to
> play Lunar, Vay, Popful Mail, Snatcher and Dark Wizard. I also had a lot of
> fun with Robo Aleste and even managed to get some mileage from the wretched
> Earnest Evans and Annet Again imports. With SFCD now and Lunar 2 in the near
> future, I am quite happy that I have a Sega CD.
>
> -S.A.

Sega CD lovers unite! I have to say I agree with you. I own a
Sega CD and I feel it was an excellent purchase due largely to WD's
role-playing games and the Core development team (AH3, Soulstar, BC
racers). I don't think that the Sega CD gets the credit it deserves.
I think Sega of America had little to do with why I like the system
though, they haven't provided adquate support. I loved Dark Wizard but
SOA has unfortuantely put out too many full-motion videogames and not
enough quality softs IMHO. FMV can be good to enhance a game but I
haven't seen it used well as the basis for a game. These games get
really repetitive really fast.
Two things I really wanted SOA to do with the Sega CD: 1) release
a compilation of the Phantasy Star series on a Sega CD, and 2) release
more compilations of games in general, like a 10 games in one CD sorta
thing for around $50. I think that would have helped quite a bit.
Thomas Isaac
txi...@psu.edu

90...@figmnt.tayloru.edu

Apr 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/8/95
>>> Second, Farenheit has been released. It comes packaged with both Sega-CD
>>> and 32X CD discs in the same box. Has this been mentioned already? If so
>>> what are peoples opinions??
> sounds like a good strategy
> the sega cd owner that buys it says, hmm i already have the
> 32x version, i might as well get a 32x to play it since they
> are only 100 bucks (they are 100 now right?)

If you can react quick enough you should probably take the version
you don't have to a game trader place for a pretty decent trade in.

SinBad