CLOCKWORK KNIGHT 2

David Aldridge

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96

I saw this title in EB today, and this is in an area that has yet to see
DARIUS GAIDEN.
I've heard lots about the import version of CK2. So what are your
thoughts on SoA's version?

John T Nugent

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
David Aldridge (as...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

: I saw this title in EB today, and this is in an area that has yet to see

: DARIUS GAIDEN.
: I've heard lots about the import version of CK2. So what are your
: thoughts on SoA's version?

I think CK2 should be great, leagues beyond CK1 (not the fragrance). But
I'd like to talk about something else, but related. Babbage's, and I
would assume Software Etc. (same company) are NOT CARRYING CLOCKWORK
KNIGHT 2!! Nor Darius Gaiden!!! CK2 and DG were on our release schedule
for months, and the day they are supposed to come out, they were ripped
from release. I may have to quit my job and get one at EB's. This is an
atrocity. We got ten copies of Defcon 5, but not the good titles.
Jupiter Strike, Quarterback Attack, Last Gladiators, Double Switch, the
list goes on and on. And Babbage's sees that they are not selling these
games, so they just up and decide to not get the GOOD games? The games
that WILL sell. I have not sold ONE copy of any of the bad games I
mentioned, but I've had at least a dozen people asking for the good
games. Je ne comprend pas. I was thinking of quiting, maybe I just
should. In fact, as a first step, I urge everyone who would enjoy DG and
CK2 to boycott all Babbage's and Software Etc's until they get their
heads on straight.

Thanks,
---John

--
_/mMm\_ _/mMm\_
(` `\ /' ') The Smashing Pumpkins

Jesse Barfknecht

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
I know what your Talking about!!!!!!! I was already to to go get My 25%
of CLOCKWORK KNIGHT 2. I am PISSED!!!!!!!!! Maybe working at EB would
be a good Idea!!!!!!!!

Ed Giangrande

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
In <4g6bl5$h...@cronkite.seas.gwu.edu> jtnu...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (John

Boycotting them really won't help all that much... it will just mean
that they stop selling Saturn games alltogether and then deceide to
take up more shelve space with PSX games... They won't lose money by
doing this, they will just in all likelyhood start selling more PSX
systems...

Dustin Cushman

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
I picked up CK2 at Best Buy for 48 dollars. It's a great game, much better than
the 1st. It has the same amount of levels, but they are longer, and much more
graphical. Unless you are a pro at Platformers this game is moderatly
difficult. I have yet to beat the damn origami boss. Spent an hours trying to
beat that @#@$ and still couldn't make it passed the leopard.

Dustin--

Dustin Cushman
rcus...@vms1.gmu.edu
George Mason University
http://osf1.gmu.edu/~rcushman
Saturn/Days/Fortune Web Pages

Mac Carter

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
I picked up CK2 today at EB. I like it alot! I have only played it for
about 15 minutes so far. I like the orginal alot and read that the game
was split up into to segments due to time frames. There are some real
nice effects to the game over the orginal. You have the options now
just to watch the movies, fight the bosses, or just start playing the
second part of the game. The movies allow you to watch all of the
orginal movies from CK1. I think of CK as a great game like Mickey
Mouse Castle of Illusion was when it came our for the Genesis. No, it
is not the hardest game in the world, it is just FUN to play. I post
more on it later.

Mac Carter @ Home

P.S. My on complaint is that it was $59.99 instead of $39.99 like the
orginal.

Sexton Furnival

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
Re: CLOCKWORK KNIGHT 2

>I picked up CK2 at Best Buy for 48 dollars. It's a great game, much better tha
>the 1st. It has the same amount of levels, but they are longer, and much more
>graphical. Unless you are a pro at Platformers this game is moderatly
>difficult. I have yet to beat the damn origami boss. Spent an hours trying to
>beat that @#@$ and still couldn't make it passed the leopard.

i gots ta pick this puppy up... i dunno if you suck or what [kidding!] but the
leopard was soooo easy in the japanese version...

i hope the video rental shop got it in...
9-----
9s...@singe.com the depth of my vexation is beyond your comprehension!

Adrian Poston

Feb 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/24/96
Is this game any good?
How's the control?
Is the game really slow?

Thanks for your reply,
Adrian

AJ Wright

Feb 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/24/96
In article <3127A1...@interpath.com>, Mac Carter
<mac_...@interpath.com> wrote:

>P.S. My on complaint is that it was $59.99 instead of $39.99 like the
>orginal.

Ouch! It's only $45.99 at Best Buy and $45 at Tronix (where I purchased mine).

AJ

"One of the things that has helped me as much as any other is
not how long I am going to live, but how much I can do while living."
George Washington Carver

Andrew

Feb 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/25/96
In article <1996Feb1...@vms1.gmu.edu>, rcus...@vms1.gmu.edu (Dustin
Cushman) wrote:

> I picked up CK2 at Best Buy for 48 dollars. It's a great game, much

better than

> the 1st. It has the same amount of levels, but they are longer, and much more
> graphical. Unless you are a pro at Platformers this game is moderatly
> difficult. I have yet to beat the damn origami boss. Spent an hours trying to
> beat that @#@$ and still couldn't make it passed the leopard.
>

> Dustin--

****Unless they have changed it from the import all you do is keep hitting
the leopard and jump over it before it pushes you against the wall... then
start smacking it again as it pushes you back and jump over it again...
repeat ad nauseum... very easy. Then simply run from the bat... it will
miss you with the ball pick it up and bean it.
To me the only challenge of this game was to get all four cards at every
level to make sure I had seen everything. Only the final slippery
clocktower is challenging. The rest was kinda relaxing... good for me as I
am pretty lame with the more difficult platform games. Simply pick up
things and throw them to nail multiple opponents to pick up extra lives...
you don't need any codes with this game except maybe to get past the final
level.

-Andy

Great game... all hi-res with unbelievable art and the 3D effect is *very* cool.

MPMP

Feb 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/25/96
tronix here too. great place...now if they would only get an 800 number...

Jeff Porter

Feb 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/26/96
I would say that its not a bad game, but its probably not a really good game.
It is kinda slow, espescially when you start a new fighter. I personally like
the control but some people may find it awkward and hard to get down. The
only bad side is that its not that hard of a game to beat. I used the
b-punch almost exclusively and just learned how to move back and forth. I got
to the point where I didn't go for the TKO (which would have been to easy) but
I would wear my opponent out so that I could get the knockout. My advice
would be to wait until you see somebody selling it for about $20 on the net.

Jeff