VF2 - Genesis?!?!?

Potholder1

Dec 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/17/96

I was shocked to see this one come out! Anybody buy/play it yet?
How do they do it? Must be sprites, but the pics on the box look
very close to the original... maybe I'll get it for my Nomad!

How is it accomplished? I'm puzzled...

thanks

-potholder

Rajeev Gantela

Dec 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/17/96

In article <19961217132...@ladder01.news.aol.com> you wrote:
: I was shocked to see this one come out! Anybody buy/play it yet?

: How do they do it? Must be sprites, but the pics on the box look
: very close to the original... maybe I'll get it for my Nomad!

: How is it accomplished? I'm puzzled...

i have vf2 on the saturn and have played it
in the arcade also....

vf2 genesis review
===================

playability
-------------------
70% to 80% of moves included
akira and pai have reversals
akira has spod.....
reduced number of throws for all characters.
getting off ground takes a long time...
difficulty level is VERY VERY HARD even on EASY
ai is very good...similar to saturn vf2...

note: it is very hard for me to do moves on a pad,
i suggest using the 3 button joystick for best playability

by the way, all the characters have really CHEESY
winning quotes...

graphics
----------------
rendered sprites
it has most of the backgrounds (even has lightning on sarahs stage)..
8 characters (no shun, or lion)
6 different colors

sound
-------
most characters have some samples of voices..
very scratchy, ughhh
music isn't bad...

overall
--------
if you have a nomad and like vf games..get it...
if you have a genesis.......get super sf2 instead..

Zen Zenith

Dec 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/17/96

Potholder1 <potho...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19961217132...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> I was shocked to see this one come out! Anybody buy/play it yet?
> How do they do it? Must be sprites, but the pics on the box look
> How is it accomplished? I'm puzzled...

Well the graphics are rendered but it's basically just your usual side view
2D fighter with 3D graphics. :)

However the graphics are quite impressive for the Genesis.

--
\\\// Zen(c) 1996 WendMoth Enterprises inc - z...@thetemple.com
|O O| "My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
\~/ and the letters get in the wrong places." -- Winnie-the-Pooh

Patrick

Dec 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/19/96
to Potholder1

Potholder1 wrote:

> I was shocked to see this one come out! Anybody buy/play it yet?
> How do they do it? Must be sprites, but the pics on the box look
> very close to the original... maybe I'll get it for my Nomad!
>
> How is it accomplished? I'm puzzled...
>
> thanks
>
> -potholder

Don't get your hopes high, it's a 2D fighter, similar to VF-animation
for GG.
It's not a bad game, eventhought the framerate and animation are a
little.. choppy.
Besides, it's nice to see the moves of the 3D Akira and Jacky reproduced
in 2D.
In fact, it's nice to see the characters, the backgrounds, and
everything in 2D.
I'd say it's a good try, if you like the game VERY much. Kids should be
happy
with it, but don't pay it $60...

NB: Shun and Lion are not in the game... Really like the GG VF.

--
"Cheers!"

Patrick. (be...@club-internet.fr)