STARFOX 2 DELAYED UNTIL 1996!!!

sku...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca

Apr 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/18/95
I reciently called Nintendo and the guy I talked to said that Starfox 2 has
been delayed until "sometime" in 1996 :(
This may be good though, maybe they'll include the SA-1 chip in it (SA-1 is
a 32-Bit S-NES enhancer, kinda like the 32x) to make it better than before
or they may even redo it for the NU64! Who knows.
All I know is that I now have to wait longer for the sequel to one of
my most favorite shooters of all time. DAMN!

Craig Edwardson

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95

That's odd, by the screen shots EGM had it looked like it was almost complete.

Craig

--
YYY YY KKK ZZZZZ IIIII HHH PPPP
YY Y YY KK KK ZZ I___ H H PP dPP

Kurt B. Kaiser

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
In article <3mvp7k$1n...@ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>, sku...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
wrote:

> I reciently called Nintendo and the guy I talked to said that Starfox 2 has
> been delayed until "sometime" in 1996 :(

Nooooooooooooo! How could they do this to me...er..us. B') B'(
It was supposed to come out in August '95...I'm surprised none
of the video gaming mags have said anything about it. *shrug*
I *REALLY* hope that this is just a sick joke by that guy at
Nintendo. (Nintendo, if ya even read this newsgroup, could ya
release Starfox2 in August the way it is, and then release
another Starfox with the new chip? Actually! :) Make a Starfox
for the Ultra64! That would kick butt!)

- Kai "Shadow" Kaiser

--
Kurt B. Kaiser

David Aldridge

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
In a previous posting, (sku...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca) writes:
> I reciently called Nintendo and the guy I talked to said that Starfox 2 has
> been delayed until "sometime" in 1996 :(
> This may be good though, maybe they'll include the SA-1 chip in it (SA-1 is
> a 32-Bit S-NES enhancer, kinda like the 32x) to make it better than before
> or they may even redo it for the NU64! Who knows.
> All I know is that I now have to wait longer for the sequel to one of
> my most favorite shooters of all time. DAMN!

According to Nintendo's customer service line (1-800-255-3700), the game
will still use the FX2 chip that the version shown at the WCES used.
The rep didn't go into too many details, but the main reason for the delay
is the fact that Nintendo has 2 system launches coming up before the end
of the year (Ultra 64 and Virtual Boy). They want to have their
programmers spend enough time to learn the ins and outs of both systems,
and they want a decent sized library of games for each system's release
too. So other commitments (like STARFOX 2) are just being put on the
backburner for now. It's too bad, but understandable.