Super Mario World - 99 levels?

Bora Lee

Mar 31, 1994, 3:03:24 AM3/31/94
Hi. Does anybody have finished all 99 levels of Super Mario World?
I think the manual says there ARE 99 levels but I am stuck at 88 levels.
I have finished all star road levels, all red dot levels where the keys are,
all special levels (8 of them), defeated Bowser, of course.
If there are anyone out there who finished all 99 levels please help me!

P.S. I THINK the manual says 99 levels but I lost it and can't confirm...
--
| Bora Lee | |
| Computer Science / Economics | |

Bart Sears

Mar 31, 1994, 4:42:38 PM3/31/94

There are only 96 levels. When you get all of them, there will be a
"*" next to the 96. There are two places where it is easy to be
missing exits when trying to get all 96:

1) In the star world, the "normal" exits for star world 1, 2, 3, and 4
are already open. The "secret" exits are the only ones which open new
paths, however, you get "credit" towards the 96 exits by solving the
normal exits in these worlds. Go back and solve these normal exits.
If after solving the normal exit, mario stays on the same location,
then you already had the credit. If he moves on one location to the
associated "star road" then this is one of the exits you were missing.

2) In the Forest of Illusion, the secret exit for Forest 1 goes to the
Forest Ghost House. The secret exit for Forest Ghost House goes to
Forest 1. If you solve either of these, the path will be opened
between the two of them, which leads to you believe that you have
"solved" that section. To get all 96 exits, make sure you have solved
the secret exits for both Forest 1 and for the Forest Ghost House.

Bart

Chaos

Apr 1, 1994, 1:45:59 AM4/1/94
Nope, only 96 worlds.

Joyce A. Lomas

Apr 1, 1994, 9:45:57 AM4/1/94

smi...@cc.uvcc.edu

Apr 1, 1994, 12:16:46 PM4/1/94

There are 96 levels to complete, which doesn't include counting Bowser because
you can't save after defeating him. If you finish each red level two ways and
the following ghost houses two ways, Donut, Donut Secret, Forest and Valley,
then you will get a 96 and a star on your saved game. Check to make sure you
finished the red levels on Star Road both ways, because one way just leaves you
standing on the dot, and you can't tell just by looking if you have completed
it that way or not.

Good luck.

Wendy