Star Fox 2

LA Kings Fan

May 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/1/95
Where is it? I heard a rumor that it would be delayed until next
year. Is this the case. It looked good on the Nintendo Store display. FX
Fighter actually looked really good.
- Rob

Scott Z Mccall

May 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/2/95
In article <3o3q0p$q...@news.csus.edu>,

It has in fact been delayed until January of '96. Apparently, it is
undergoing changes galore (everything from programming to graphics).
FX Fighter (now texture-mapped, I believe) is still on course for a
release this summer.

Cap Scott

--
Scott McCall (Cap Scott) E-Mail: caps...@aol.com [or] sz...@pitt.edu
Cap Scott's Ultra 64 Web Page: http://www.pitt.edu/~szm/nu64-cap.htm

Journeyer

May 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/3/95
sz...@pitt.edu (Scott Z Mccall) wrote:
>In article <3o3q0p$q...@news.csus.edu>,
>LA Kings Fan <ral...@acme.csusb.edu> wrote:
>> Where is it? I heard a rumor that it would be delayed until next
>>year. Is this the case. It looked good on the Nintendo Store display. FX
>>Fighter actually looked really good.
>> - Rob
>
>It has in fact been delayed until January of '96. Apparently, it is
>undergoing changes galore (everything from programming to graphics).
>FX Fighter (now texture-mapped, I believe) is still on course for a
>release this summer.

By around that time though the Ultra64 will making the news and who'll care about Star Fox for the
SNES?

-The Journeyer-
-@-
ju...@aloha.com
***********Adventure is no more than discomfort and annoyance************
===***********recollected in the saftey of reminiscence.**************===
==============*********************@@@******************=================
+

Maverick Foxnight

May 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/4/95
In article <3o9ngi$6...@opihi.aloha.com>, Journeyer <ju...@aloha.com> wrote:
>sz...@pitt.edu (Scott Z Mccall) wrote:
>By around that time though the Ultra64 will making the news and who'll care about Star Fox for the
>SNES?

I will!

Just because the U64 is coming out this year doesn't mean I am giving up on
the SNES! Nintendo games were still coming out while the SNES was just
released, good ones such as Megaman 5, Dragon Warrior 4,
Ninja Gaiden 3, and many others I am sure. I didn't ignore these
sequels just because I bought a Super Nintendo.

Starfox forever!
-Don't try too hard
The Night Fox

Michel Filion

May 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/4/95

I will!!!!!
~Michel Filion~~~ "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to
~bl519 ~~~ my bucket!" -Odo "The Search part II"

Journeyer

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
"M. Shaver" <mike...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>> By around that time though the Ultra64 will making the news and who'll care about Star Fox for the
>> SNES?
>

>Those who don't have $250+ to blow on a video game system, that's who!

Hey, if you think $250 is alot to "blow" on a system, take a look at what the
Saturn and PSX are supposed to sale for on their debut. I don't believe
that Nintendo will be able to pull the $250 out of the hat trick, but if they
can get the U64 shipped with a game, a controller and all the necessary
power and connectivity cables for $350, it'd _still_ be a steal.

And I think that when people see what it and the other "next generation"
machines can do, price will become less and less of an object. Personally,
I think people are bored with the 16-bit systems. I mean they've been out
for over 4 years now and look at all the games they have come out with!
Every gaming theme has just about been pushed to its limits. I mean,
could you really stand one more Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse action
adventure game???

>I'd be pretty dissapointed in N if they dropped the SNES immediately
>after the NU64 came out..

I doubt they'll do that, very much so. They'll still have most of their customer
user base in the SNES console. That'd be a suicidal thing to do. But if
the U64 picks up then...

Look at it this way. The Genesis became obsolete last year if not sooner. The
SNES has I'd say one more year of so so life left to it. And that's only because
it was released a little later than the Genesis and incorporated more innovated
technology.

> Besides, they have those 2 new "revolutionary" SNES
>games at E3 and one of their slogans is, "16-bit isn't dead!" so...

Yes, its dead...pretty much so anyway...The consumers who aren't in the know,
just don't know it yet...It'll take a while for them to catch on the the "new" standards.
They'll be some whining and cursing because of the money they'll have to dish
out and because...well, people just don't like change too much..:)..especially
when that change is in their pocket weight...

welp, laterZ..said my crap...

BTW, when or if the Ultra64 becomes mainstream....feel obliged to stay with the
SNES and not "blow" your $250+ on it or any of the other "Next Gen" machines
for that matter. No one is saying you have to buy them...If you can't afford
it, there are literally hundreds of SNES, Genesis and yes, TurboGraphix games
out there. Enjoy!..

-The Journeyer....

Zimeon Lundstrom

May 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/8/95
In article <3ofdpi$p...@opihi.aloha.com> ju...@aloha.com (Journeyer) writes:

And I think that when people see what it and the other "next generation"
machines can do, price will become less and less of an object. Personally,
I think people are bored with the 16-bit systems. I mean they've been out
for over 4 years now and look at all the games they have come out with!
Every gaming theme has just about been pushed to its limits. I mean,
could you really stand one more Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse action
adventure game???

Isn't this going a little too far? What do you mean by "for over for
years"? I'd say, "only four years!" Noone knows the limits of this
machine yet, it is barely explored! Look, the C64 was released, I
believe in the beginning of the eighties. And the difference between
the games from 1991 and 1992 was actually remarkable. The programmers
for the C64 pulled out all limits for the machine and made it do
things which was DESIGNED as impossible! I can't help but feel there's
something wrong when a games machine will last for only four
years. are you SURE everything's been done?

And moreover, and I guess most people will agree with me here, is that
good technology doesn't mean good games! If a game is crap, it's CRAP,
no matter which platform it's on. One of my absolute favourite games
of all time is "The Trapdoor" on the C64, and how fAst was THAT? How
nice graphics were ther in that game? Basically horrible! But so what,
the game was top anyway.

And, as an avid SNES RPGer, I don't really feel the SNES does anything
exactly bad. To be frank, I don't really see any way to make it much
better. The graphics and music are as good as I need them...

I'm not saying that N SHOULDN'T release the U64, of course not! I just
mean that it's a little mean to say the SNES is all bad and no good.

SNES has I'd say one more year of so so life left to it.

Depends on what you mean with "life". I guess a console is living as
long as someone is using them, and I'm still using the NES, the C64,
the Amiga, and I'd use a ZX Spectrum if I could get ahold of one... If
you mean a console lives as long as software is made for it, I'd say
the SNES won't be dead for at least another 2 to 3 years...

Yes, its dead...pretty much so anyway...The consumers who aren't in the know,
just don't know it yet...It'll take a while for them to catch on the the "new" standards.

Again, what really do you mean? If the consumers don't know that 16
bit technology is dead, then is it? I guess not. among the people
using the REAL powerful computers, I guess that even 32 bit technology
is dead... it all depends on who uses them. If those who use them
don't know it's dead, then I wouldn't say it is.

i still stick to, and come back to, my good oldies. Some of the games
on my C64 reach far higher than most games on the SNES. Just look at
Creatures 2, that's _fun_!

But I actually agree completely with you that most game genres are
watered out. No one bothers to make something new, it seems to me, and
I guess the use of bitmap vectors could help some people getting new
ideas...
'd be good if the games got better too...

--
-Zimeon "Frosty Catbus" Lundstr|m
email: z940...@cc.mita.keio.ac.jp