Why was the release of StarFox 2 cancelled?

The Master Cow

Nov 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/20/95
Tim D. Calvillo (10244...@CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: >>Star fox 2 was cancelled because the graphics
: wren't up to par of the standards set by DKC.<<

: How unfortunate that graphics, not gameplay, was
: the deciding factor in this game's cancellation.
: When will Nintendo learn...

For the last time... STARFOX 2 has NOT been cancelled... according to
Nintendo it is due out within the first few weeks of January...

M.Clough

Nov 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/22/95
> >>Star fox 2 was cancelled because the graphics
> wren't up to par of the standards set by DKC.<<
>
> How unfortunate that graphics, not gameplay, was
> the deciding factor in this game's cancellation.
> When will Nintendo learn...
>

> TC
>
> --
> Tim D. Calvillo E-mail: 10244...@compuserve.com
> Super Famicom/SNES * Duo * CDX * IBM PC
> All opinions and ideas expressed above were
> carefully constructed with random presses of the keyboard.

*GASP!* Have you been believing what GameFan says? I thought everyone
knew to take them with a grain of salt! And EGM? Forget it! For the
last time, StarFox 2 is NOT cancelled. Nintendo itself has told us this!
I know no one really believes them anymore , but they've never lied about game
releases.

Celes Chere

Theodore Patri Perrotti

Nov 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/26/95
Here's the answer I received from Nintendo:
From: NINTENDO NINTENDO <NINT...@noa.nintendo.com>
To: te...@WPI.EDU
Subject: Star Fox II -Reply

Well, Starfox 2 has been re-scheduled for sometime in 1996 :)

>>> Theodore Patri Perrotti <te...@WPI.EDU> 11/20/95 09:31pm >>>
I've heard rumors that Star Fox II may not be coming out for the SNES. Is
this true?

If it isn't true, what's the expected release date for the game on the
SNES?
Theodore P. Perrotti te...@wpi.wpi.edu (all mail forwarded to here)
perrot...@asme.org

Lifetime brother of Alpha Phi Omega, Omicron Iota chapter, Worcester
Polytechnic Institute