MARIO MONKS we are laughing about you!!!!!

Tim Ziemann

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
Mario Monks, you are all stupid Suckers...
Mario is a fat,lazy,bad smelling asshole!!!
Yoy monkey's must be very similar to him...
Perhaps you should call yourself the "DONKEY KONG FUCKERS" because
you are "Monks"...
Perhaps you should play one of this nice and sweet NINTENDO games like
MARIO Bros. or Zelda... (perhaps you wanna fuck the primcess ???)
I think you are waiting on ULTRA '64 , I've heard some news that it should
be released on March 2015...But,I know, it's so good that it must be
state of the art in the year 2050...
ULTRA '64 IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED!!!!
CRUIS'N USA VS. DAYTONA RACING... WE ARE LAUGHING ABOUT THE NINTENDO
RACING!!!

LONG live SONIC and all his friends...

Richard T Jordan

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
*Immature Poem deleted*

>LONG live SONIC and all his friends...

Oh boy....Another Sega VS. Nintendo war...As always, I'm ready for
ANY argument concerning which one is better...Nintendo is better than
Sega, can you prove otherwise?
I prefer to respond to a first attack.

Tommy Price

Feb 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/28/96
In <63etq...@nintendo.ruhr.de> t...@nintendo.ruhr.de (Tim Ziemann)
writes:

>LONG live SONIC and all his friends...
>

>By the time the Nu64 comes out you will all be to old to see your TV's

The Mario Monks

Mar 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/2/96
to world
t...@nintendo.ruhr.de (Tim Ziemann) wrote:
Mario Monks, you are all stupid Suckers...
Mario is a fat,lazy,bad smelling asshole!!!
Yoy monkey's must be very similar to him...
Perhaps you should call yourself the "DONKEY KONG FUCKERS" because
you are "Monks"...
Perhaps you should play one of this nice and sweet NINTENDO games like
MARIO Bros. or Zelda... (perhaps you wanna fuck the primcess ???)
I think you are waiting on ULTRA '64 , I've heard some news that it should
be released on March 2015...But,I know, it's so good that it must be
state of the art in the year 2050...
ULTRA '64 IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED!!!!
CRUIS'N USA VS. DAYTONA RACING... WE ARE LAUGHING ABOUT THE NINTENDO
RACING!!!
LONG live SONIC and all his friends...

Has the world become so terrified of the eventual and unreachable
heights that Mario and the N64 will achieve, that they have resorted to
such childlike attempts at humor or resolution by swearing? My fellow
readers, we, the Mario Monks, voice our opinion in a well mannered tongue.
By sending such garbage through these newsgroups for the whole world to
read, you are just degrading yourselves to very low levels of intelligence
and end up making fun of yourselves. We simply ask for an opinion from our
unbelievers, written in a legible form of communication. Once again,
please do not continue to embarrass yourselves with such uncivilized
literature. We hope you can think of something better to do instead of
wasting your time, and effort writing something so simpleminded. May Mario
bless you all on Sept. 30!

The Mario Monks

Robert Colossus Jones

Mar 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/2/96
In article <4ha05g$1...@cabernet.niagara.com>, The Mario Monks
<Wor...@theway.ofmario> wrote:

please do not continue to embarrass yourselves with such uncivilized
> literature. We hope you can think of something better to do instead of
> wasting your time, and effort writing something so simpleminded. May Mario
> bless you all on Sept. 30!
>

> The Mario Monks

Try blessing us Christmas '96 since your precious N64 has been delayed
once again. Hope you have fun with all 3 games at launch.

--
CCC OOO L 000 SSS SSS U U SSS
C O 0 L O 0 S S U U S

DA! COMMANDA!!!!!!!
(formerly Rob J from the Group Home)

Seth Wilson

Mar 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/4/96
I did believe the new release date until now. With delays in Japan,
the American N64 launch could be delayed. If it is, it will certainly
spell doom for Nintendo. If that delay is announced, I will promptly
take my N64 money and go buy a Playstation, Saturn, or both. I love
Nintendo's games, don't get me wrong, and I'm pissed at all these
people getting mad at Mario. But the fact is, no matter how good a
game is, it's no good if you can't play it.

Rick Florey

Mar 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/4/96
Cyb...@ix.netcom.com(Richard T Jordan) wrote:

>>But it is.
>> The delays - do you still believe their stated release dates?
> I beleive the new one...it gives them enough breathing room.

>> Broken hardware promises - where is my snes CD?
> WILL people drop the stupid SNES CD! I bet you that if it had come
>out, it would have suffered the same fate as Sega CD (ie New CD
>platform technologies resulting in a less than par system)
I don't know about that point. The Sega CD got a bad rep with the
lousy FMV games and 'Make My Videos' but IMO it's the best 16-bitter
on the market. You get deep RPG's like Lunar and Dark Wizard, one of
the best 2D fighters, ECCD, more complete conversions of games (Mortal
Kombat CD and Final Fight CD were the most complete console versions
of their respective games, bar none. I daresay FF was perfect.) and
tons of little extras that their cartridge counterparts don't have,
like extra characters in Brutal, excellent Tommy Tallerico soundtracks
in the Virgin games, cool FMV cinemas in the RPG's and most of the
other games and tons more, plus the 16-bit crowd can play CD-only
games that are generally excluded to the next-gen crowd, like Myst,
Brain Dead 13 etc. If some gamers still have trouble with the Sega CD,
hey, ship your games to me! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go
play Earthworm Jim: Special Edition (more frames of animation, a
pencil test, more sound fx, new music with enhanced tracks by Tommy
Tallerico, new endings for two of the worlds, an extra level, a new
weapon, a password function and tons of exclusive codes, all added to
the Genesis cart version (which features 1 more level than the SNES
itself)) I got it out of the 'used' bin at EB for $10. Can you believe
it? Oh... I guess you can.
>> Crappy hardware - I love my Virtual Boy!
> Granted, VB sucks....but that doesn't mean N64 will.
>>Heck, Super Metroid is a fine game and all, but I wouldn't trust
>Nintendo
>>an eyelash just because of that.

Dragonmaster Lou

Mar 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/5/96
kag...@imap2.asu.edu wrote:

> I'm getting tired of this guy. Can someone tell me how to find
>his real life living address? If you can help, write to me. I guess
>it's just gotten to the point where I can't come into this newsgroup
>without this person ralling people up. It's really begining to irritate me
>and he doesn't have the right to upset people this much. An oppinion is
>alright once in a while. We've all gotten in debates with Sega players.
>But that's where it's always ended for us. I find this person obnoxious
>and I want to know where he lives.

Well, I won't give you an address but as this may be of interest to
lots of people here, according to the headers of his posts, this guy
has a slip account with an ISP called niagra.com.

---

+------------ http://techhouse.brown.edu/~tech/lou/index.html ---------+
|Dragon...@brown.edu|"Searching for a distant star, heading off to |
|"Dragonmaster Lou" |Iscandar, leaving all we love behind, who knows|
|Technology House |what dangers we'll find..." |
+-------------------ftp://yamato.techhouse.brown.edu-------------------+

Retarded Ninja

Mar 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/5/96
kag...@imap2.asu.edu wrote:

>The Mario Monks (Wor...@theway.ofmario) wrote:

> (snip)

>: please do not continue to embarrass yourselves with such uncivilized

>: literature. We hope you can think of something better to do instead of
>: wasting your time, and effort writing something so simpleminded. May Mario
>: bless you all on Sept. 30!
>:

>: The Mario Monks
>

> I'm getting tired of this guy. Can someone tell me how to find
>his real life living address? If you can help, write to me. I guess
>it's just gotten to the point where I can't come into this newsgroup
>without this person ralling people up. It's really begining to irritate me
>and he doesn't have the right to upset people this much. An oppinion is
>alright once in a while. We've all gotten in debates with Sega players.
>But that's where it's always ended for us. I find this person obnoxious
>and I want to know where he lives.

Good news! I've heard they live in a toilet somewhere in South Central
L.A.! I heard that they are all working as plumbers with stupid little
mustaches! :)

Retarded Ninja

>--
> Net-Surfer
> Chris.
>|The Greatest Films of All Time |
>| |
>|1)Star Wars Trilogy (it's all one film in my book) |
>|2)Reservoir Dogs |
>|3)Pulp Fiction |
>|4)The Untouchables |
>|5)Tombstone |
>|6)Highlander |
>|7)Akira |
>|8)Star Trek VI |
>| |
>|***The order of these films depends on my mood.****|
>|If I'm pissed; 2,4,3,5,7,1,8,6. |
>|If I'm happy; 1,3,5,2,7,6,8,4. |
>|___________________________________________________|
>|kag...@imap2.asu.edu |
>|___________________________________________________|

Foo Man

Mar 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/6/96
Spekkio 3 <spe...@nauticom.net> wrote:

>Robert Colossus Jones wrote:
>>
>> In article <4ha05g$1...@cabernet.niagara.com>, The Mario Monks
>> <Wor...@theway.ofmario> wrote:
>>

>> please do not continue to embarrass yourselves with such uncivilized
>> > literature. We hope you can think of something better to do instead of
>> > wasting your time, and effort writing something so simpleminded. May Mario
>> > bless you all on Sept. 30!
>> >

>> > The Mario Monks
>>

>> Try blessing us Christmas '96 since your precious N64 has been delayed

>> once again. Hope you have fun with all 3 games at launch.I hope you were on LSD when you wrote that. The release date of September 30
>stands. 3 games? Really! Since WHEN!!!! Okay, here we go AGAIN.
>Super Mario 64
>Killer Instinct
>Cruisin' USA
>Super Mario Kart R
>StarFox 64
>DOOM
>Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
>BlastDozer
>GoldenEye 007
>Body Harvest
>Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
>Creator
>Monster Dunk
>PilotWings 64
>Wave Race
>Kirby Bowl 64
>Buggie-Boogie
>Turok: The Dinosaur Hunter

3 games at launch is based on what they have closest to completion.
Mario 64, Kirby and Pilot wings (I think). Many of the others have
simply been shown as VIDEO CLIPS. That tells you nothing about how
close they are to finishing the game. It could be video clips of a
non-playable demo of what they hope it will look like.

In any case, I always love following these "planned" release lists for
new consoles. They are always insanely optimistic with hundreds of
games, 60% of which never get released. It happens to every system.

Let's not forget the bogus N64 clips of ff7 that floated around awhile
ago.....

>And that's just the beginning. Konami has signed on. Enix, Capcom, and Namco
>are all considering signing on. Killer Instinct 2, Legend Of Zelda 64, Ken

KI2!!!! Oooooooooh, I can't wait. This game is dull.

>Griffey Junior (don't know title)....That's quite a list, isn't it? Now, what
>was that about 3 games at launch? And as for your 'delay', go ahead and try
>to prove it to me with hard evidence. Square may still develop for N64. The
>XBand will be made for N64 next year. The 64DD holds promises untold. Go

"promise untold" it's a glorified floppy disk. If that holds
promise, then I hope you're not one of the ones who diss CD-ROM's

>ahead and laugh at the Mario Monks, and myself. But when Mario takes his
>vengeance on you, I hope you have sword at the ready, for all the good it
>will do you. The Mario Monks, peers of gods and men in counsel, have spoken
>true; I suggest you make your point instead of insulting them, or anyone.

Word of Advice - don't ally yourself with the monks. If you want to
defend the N64, that's fine. The monks will just drag you down in
that pursuit, though.

eric

>--
>"Wherever you're going, you're there." Mr. Kirk, 9th grade science teacher.
>"If you don't go anywhere, you'll never get there."My mom.
>Visit SNESPC International!!! http://www.nauticom.net/www/spekkio/
>I AM The Master Of WAR!!!
>Spekkio 3

Janis Berzins

Mar 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/6/96
In <313cb023...@news.brown.edu> Dragon...@brown.edu
(Dragonmaster Lou) writes:

>kag...@imap2.asu.edu wrote:
>
>> I'm getting tired of this guy. Can someone tell me how to find
>>his real life living address? If you can help, write to me. I guess

>>it's just gotten to the point where I can't come into this newsgroup
>>without this person ralling people up. It's really begining to
irritate me
>>and he doesn't have the right to upset people this much. An oppinion
is
>>alright once in a while. We've all gotten in debates with Sega
players.
>>But that's where it's always ended for us. I find this person
obnoxious
>>and I want to know where he lives.
>

>Well, I won't give you an address but as this may be of interest to
>lots of people here, according to the headers of his posts, this guy
>has a slip account with an ISP called niagra.com.

A little dollar book freud, if I may.

What the little tikes crave is attention, good or bad doesn't matter,
bad is easier to get. If everyone would just ignore them they would
soon grow bored and go away.

jber...@ix.netcom.com

"they say time is the fire in which we burn."

Richard T Jordan

Mar 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/7/96

>Let's not forget the bogus N64 clips of ff7 that floated around awhile
>ago.....
That wasn't FF7, it was FF3. Square was just demonstrating it's
technology.

>>And that's just the beginning. Konami has signed on. Enix, Capcom,
and Namco
>>are all considering signing on. Killer Instinct 2, Legend Of Zelda
64, Ken

>KI2!!!! Oooooooooh, I can't wait. This game is dull.

I find that the only people who find KI2 dull are the ones who
can't play it :)

>>Griffey Junior (don't know title)....That's quite a list, isn't it?
Now, what
>>was that about 3 games at launch? And as for your 'delay', go ahead
and try
>>to prove it to me with hard evidence. Square may still develop for
N64. The
>>XBand will be made for N64 next year. The 64DD holds promises untold.
Go

>"promise untold" it's a glorified floppy disk. If that holds
>promise, then I hope you're not one of the ones who diss CD-ROM's

CD-ROMS on computers are one thing, but the cheapo versions on
platforms suck. The technology hasn't gotten to the point where a high
quality 4X or so can be mass produced feasibly on a platform system.
Until the CD tech market matures, the 64DD will be the best bet.

>Word of Advice - don't ally yourself with the monks. If you want to
>defend the N64, that's fine. The monks will just drag you down in
>that pursuit, though.

I wish people would just leave the monks alone. If they bother you
so much, why not just ignore them?

Richard T Jordan

Mar 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/7/96

>Yeah, this guy's getting on my nerves too. I don't mind constructive
>criticism, but this guy is just flat out stupid. He can't back
>himself, he just talks shit.

And what of the people who have critized them? At least the Mario
monks tend to use words that are of at least high school level...the
rest of the responses I've heard are about par with gutter talk.
And it's not wise to complain that the other person has no
constructed criticism and not add any of your own.

Foo Man

Mar 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/7/96
Cyb...@ix.netcom.com(Richard T Jordan) wrote:

>>Let's not forget the bogus N64 clips of ff7 that floated around awhile
>>ago.....
> That wasn't FF7, it was FF3. Square was just demonstrating it's
>technology.

But the clips were touted as the Next FF installment, when they were
first released. And what technology were they demonstrating? If I'm
not mistaken it has been recorded that square didn't like the
development kit they got for the N64. So, what technology were they
demonstrating?

>>KI2!!!! Oooooooooh, I can't wait. This game is dull.
> I find that the only people who find KI2 dull are the ones who
>can't play it :)

Okay, I admit - I've never been a very big fan of KI but it's not for
the lack of trying. Very simply, once the eye-candy wears off, it's
boring to play and even to watch (with the exception of Gargos)

>>>XBand will be made for N64 next year. The 64DD holds promises untold.
>Go
>>
>>"promise untold" it's a glorified floppy disk. If that holds
>>promise, then I hope you're not one of the ones who diss CD-ROM's

> CD-ROMS on computers are one thing, but the cheapo versions on
>platforms suck. The technology hasn't gotten to the point where a high
>quality 4X or so can be mass produced feasibly on a platform system.
>Until the CD tech market matures, the 64DD will be the best bet.

Umm, I think you are underestimating what Sega and Sony have done with
"cheapo" 2x CD-rom technology. Programs rarely are required to run
from CD's in the PC market, whereas the PSX and Saturn consoles do it
every time you play a game. This is a relatively untried area of
CD-rom technology, and right now things appear to be going very
smoothly. Just take a look at a game like King's Field. The Only
time you have to wait thru load time is when you are saving or loading
a game.

As for quad speeds, they may be more marketable than you think. Many
are selling for as little as $100 dollars now.

>>Word of Advice - don't ally yourself with the monks. If you want to
>>defend the N64, that's fine. The monks will just drag you down in
>>that pursuit, though.

> I wish people would just leave the monks alone. If they bother you
>so much, why not just ignore them?

The only reason why the monks bother me is because they refuse to have
a two-way conversation. When they first appeared, I was actually
looking forward to a little debate. Instead, they prefer to clog
bandwidth with their one-sided assessments of the virtues of a
yet-unreleased console and how it somehow already thrashes the
competition. I would have no problem with this position if they could
support or at least address the comments made by many. Granted,
many respond to the monks with trash, but there are also many who are
more than willing to listen if the monks actually had something to
say.

eric

Psyco

Mar 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/8/96
Well, given your veiws on Nintendo's supremacy (you said you
weren't defending it?), I shouldn't bother to reply. I reply to
them all the time. If this group didn't have the u64 (and the
occasional "nobody" posting), this group would be dull. It's
fun to argue about something that doesn't matter, because no
matter what the outcome, it affects nothing. Now, as to my
reply to your u64 views. 4x may not be a viable market for
consoles, but neither is the bulky drive. No CD audio, and not
NEAR as much storage space. Sort of like a big cartridge, they
should have made it CD, that would have been the best solution.
As far as ANYONE who says a system has no good games, I can
think of many games for their respective systems that are
great. KI2 deserves to get slammed, and adding a number after
(or forthat matter, a "super" before) a game title won't make
me buy it hoping for many new additions. The big "n" is getting
old in it's stalling attempts. The system is ready, they just
don't have games. They realize that only the monmks will buy a
system because of a name. Nintendo IS run by morons, because
they still think they're selling to the "look, I've got shoes
with a Jordan emblem on the back!" generation. While the monks
may still think this way, the gamers have matured (well, some).
I bought my psx because I like the games, not because it's
sony. Simple, but it sells systems. Nintendo NEVER should have
dropped that CD system. It'll kill them in the end.
-Psyco

Spekkio 3

Mar 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/9/96
Eduardo Labindao wrote:

> Foo Man (kac...@bc.cybernex.net) wrote:
> : Spekkio 3 <spe...@nauticom.net> wrote:
>
> : Word of Advice - don't ally yourself with the monks. If you want to

> : defend the N64, that's fine. The monks will just drag you down in
> : that pursuit, though.I must have missed that one. Aren't we nice?
> Psst.. Spekkio 3, aka 'Master of War' IS one of the Monks. Just like a
> real Monk, he religiously practices Celibacy -- well, he really can't
> help but be celibate since 'the industrial vacuum cleaner' incident.HA HA HA HA HA...SHUT UP!!!! (Adam Sandler) Aren't we mature? I am not a
'Mario Monk'. I am the Master of War, and a highly respected individual by
many. Obviously, not you....gee, how'd I guess?
> I believe one of the good, rational folk wished to find out where these
> monks are. I just named one of them, but be warned: I don't really know
> from what rat-infested bung-hole they write these messages from -- but I
> wouldn't touch them even with a ten-foot pole.Oh, gee. That's nice. You are SO nice, kind, and friendly. A word of advice
to you, my friend. Grow up.
> : >I AM The Master Of WAR!!!
> : >Spekkio 3
>
> Gawd, that tag-line just keeps looking better and better.My signature is MY business. If I were you, I'd get an attitude adjustment.

Tim Browne

Mar 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/9/96

In a previous article, Cyb...@ix.netcom.com (Richard T Jordan) says:

>> The delays - do you still believe their stated release dates?

> They've given themselves ALOT of breathing room...the Sept. 30th
>will hold.

No it won't. I dare you to prove otherwise. Please note that in the November
199*3* edition of EGM, they say, and I quote, "In cooperation with Silicon
Graphics of America (SGI), Nintendo had a special behind closed doors preview
of what we, the consumers, can expect for its launch in late '95." (all typos
are mine). Please note the dates: 1993 announcement, late 1995 launch... so
where is it? I haven't seen any on store shelves yet, have you? In case you're
not aware, it's 1996 now, ie. the year after it was due to be released. They
gave themselves 2 *years* to get it off the ground, but they blew it. Why
should any of us believe them now? Oh yeah, if you want to verify my quote
above, it's in EGM Nov *93* (issue #52), Page 82 (first page of International
Outlook), article title "Nintendo 64-Bit Demonstration!", paragraph 2.

>> Broken hardware promises - where is my snes CD?

> WILL PEOPLE DROP SNES CD!

Why? It's yet another example of what Nintendon't have promised and refused
to deliver on.

>Do you honestly beleive that if the
>SNES CD was released a few years ago it would be really great? The
>result would probably been similar to the Sega CD (ie New Platform CD
>tech resulting in a less than great add-on)

Maybe... maybe not. Of course, we'll never know, will we? So far, all John Q.
Public has seen of the so called "Project Reality" (as Shakespeare said, "A
rose by any other name would smell as sweet) has been screen shots taken from
a reality engine and FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, but which I call
"F---ing Useless Drivel"). L8r.
--
You know you've been watching The Lion King too much when...
#5: Your neighbours complain about you climbing up on your roof at dawn
and holding your cat in the air.

Joe Ottoson

Mar 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/10/96
In article <4hunu1$s...@cloner4.netcom.com>, au...@ix.netcom.com
(-\\-THE-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R) wrote:

> elab...@jupiter.scs.Ryerson.CA (Eduardo Labindao) wrote:
>
> >Shannara21 (shann...@aol.com) wrote:
>

> >: Blindly????Well we can definitely say he has never played Super Metroid.
> >: Trusting Nintendo is hardly blind.
>
> >But it is.

> > The delays - do you still believe their stated release dates?

> > Broken hardware promises - where is my snes CD?

> Nintendo never anouced a snes cd in the first place . the
> farthest this deal got was with negothiations with SONY. the
> deal never through . it was just alot of mags hype it to
> make seem as if it was coming out. Well it did come out as
> the SONY PLAYSTATION.

Oh please. There are articles in Nintendo power showing games in dev for
the SNESCD! I also don't think sony releasing the PSx is Nintendo holding
up the promise of the SNES CD either.

The only system that never was announced, but was jumped on by the press
was the Atari Panther...

Till we meet again...

-\-THE-\-M-A-S-T-E-R

Mar 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/10/96
elab...@jupiter.scs.Ryerson.CA (Eduardo Labindao) wrote:

>Shannara21 (shann...@aol.com) wrote:

>: Blindly????Well we can definitely say he has never played Super Metroid.
>: Trusting Nintendo is hardly blind.

>But it is.
> The delays - do you still believe their stated release dates?
> Broken hardware promises - where is my snes CD?
Nintendo never anouced a snes cd in the first place . the
farthest this deal got was with negothiations with SONY. the
deal never through . it was just alot of mags hype it to
make seem as if it was coming out. Well it did come out as
the SONY PLAYSTATION.

> Crappy hardware - I love my Virtual Boy!

we all know this

>Heck, Super Metroid is a fine game and all, but I wouldn't trust Nintendo
>an eyelash just because of that.

-\\-the-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R

Tim Browne

Mar 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/10/96

In a previous article, spe...@nauticom.net (Spekkio 3) says:

>Robert Colossus Jones wrote:

>> Try blessing us Christmas '96 since your precious N64 has been delayed
>> once again. Hope you have fun with all 3 games at launch.I hope you were on LSD when you wrote that. The release date of September 30
>stands. 3 games? Really! Since WHEN!!!! Okay, here we go AGAIN.

>[blah blah, list cut]

Very impressive list you got there. Too bad it's only a list of games in
various stages of development. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but
Robert is right... from a certain point off view. The N64 *in Japan* will be
released with 3 games on the shelves by launch date. In NA, which as of 2 days
ago is still due to be released on Sept. 30 according to Nintendon't's home
page, with 8 games to hit the shelves the same day, a far cry from the 20 or
so you had listed. I really hope that they don't delay it even further, but
I'm not holding my breath. Still, even if that stack of 20 games you listed
were all that would come out with the US launch, much less the 8 which are
supposed to, I'd be pretty pissed still. Given the time that the system and
software for it has been in development, I'd expect no more than 50 at launch,
and feel quite justified in expecting 100. L8r.

Rick Florey

Mar 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/11/96
au...@ix.netcom.com (-\\-THE-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R) wrote:

>elab...@jupiter.scs.Ryerson.CA (Eduardo Labindao) wrote:

>>Shannara21 (shann...@aol.com) wrote:

I don't know, I believe that Nintendo announced their plans for it,
complete with an artist's depiction, on the day of the Sega CD's
release. It's in the RGV faq last I checked under a question titled
something like "What are people talking about when they refer to
Nintendo's bad business practices". I admit they could be wrong, but
the system WAS announced by SOMEBODY at the Sega CD's release, merely
to undermine the Sega CD apparently. Poor form.

>-\\-the-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R

The Mario Monks

Mar 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/11/96
to world

Spekkio 3 <spe...@nauticom.net> wrote:
The Mario Monks, peers of gods and men in counsel, have spoken
true; I suggest you make your point instead of insulting them, or anyone.
"Wherever you're going, you're there." Mr. Kirk, 9th grade science
teacher.
"If you don't go anywhere, you'll never get there."My mom.
Visit SNESPC International!!! http://www.nauticom.net/www/spekkio/
I AM The Master Of WAR!!!
Spekkio 3

We, The Mario Monks, are overjoyed to have found another
enlightened soul here among the video game newsgroups. Please continue to
spread your words of wisdom to all these unbelievers who doubt the power
of Mario and the N64. May Mario Bless you all on Sept. 30!

The Mario Monks

Edwin MelMuh-Hay

Mar 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/11/96
>consoles, but neither is the bulky drive. No CD audio, and not
>NEAR as much storage space. Sort of like a big cartridge, they
>should have made it CD, that would have been the best solution.
>As far as ANYONE who says a system has no good games, I can
>think of many games for their respective systems that are

.......and the vision came to him in a dream..........
.......a new nintendo system. It was cartridge based for speed, it had
a 4,6, or 8 speed cd rom for FMV and animation. AND it had a 1.44 MB
Floppy drive to save games-about $10 to manufacture. DUH, why is this
not done? way more save space than a 128K card, the hardware and specs
are already as common as dirt, im sure that they could interface their
propreitary hardware without a whole lot of trouble. Whats da problem
with this idea? Why didnt sony do it too (besides 'so that youd buy
their proprietary memory card') any enterprising electrical engineers
think they could handle the pinouts for the ram card and convert them
to 1.44 mb floppy? this is the best workable solution to solve the
problem even if games come in 3 pieces it has the best of all
worlds...

Richard T Jordan

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96

>software for it has been in development, I'd expect no more than 50 at
launch,
>and feel quite justified in expecting 100. L8r.

Nintendo isn't a Sega...they don't throw games on the market simply
for the sake of having games. Nintendo all too often will have less
games at a time but they're usually of higher quality.
I remember an article from Gamepro of January reveiwing all the
systems and saying 2/3 of SNES games are worth playing, opposed to 1/2
of Genesis games.

Richard T Jordan

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96

>Oh please. There are articles in Nintendo power showing games in dev
for
>the SNESCD! I also don't think sony releasing the PSx is Nintendo
holding
>up the promise of the SNES CD either.

Hmmm...that's intresting...none of my NP have any showing of
SNES-CD games....all they mention is a possible development of it and
some CONCEPTUAL GAME IDEAS. They were never games in development.

Richard T Jordan

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96

>BTW, I think you should be worshipping Shiguro Miyamoto since he is
the
>brains behind Mario...

(Tears) Oh Mario, I have sinned!

(Back to message) I think that if the Mario Monks want to preach
about the N64, let um. It's nice to have at least some Pro-Nintendo
opposed to the tons of Anti-Nintendo on this newsgroup.

Richard T Jordan

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96

>It's more interesting to discuss the merits and drawbacks of the
>hardware and games and try to look at facts without letting emotions
>take total control, than to just indulge in flame-wars...

Keep in mind it takes two to have a war. People who flame back at
them are just as bad. What we need is rec.games.video.flamewar.

J. Lee

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
In article <4i4vnt$h...@cloner4.netcom.com>,

That's interesting, since some of my old NP's (yes, I used to subscribe
to that lame mag),, plus quite a few other mags, had previews for "The
7th Guest" and "Robocop 3D".

--
John F. Lee (abortion!) : "I feel the need, the need for
jfl...@u.washington.edu : expeditious velocity." - Pinky and the Brain

Edward Chun-Kuen Jang

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
Richard T Jordan (Cyb...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: >BTW, I think you should be worshipping Shiguro Miyamoto since he is
: the
: >brains behind Mario...

Yes...I am forever loyal to Nintendo, unless they close down...then i'll
just stay on my pc....I like to see Mario Monks support Nintendo as much
as I hate seeing people rag Nintendo in a NINTENDO newsgroup.

ru...@connect.ab.ca

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
In article <4hunu1$s...@cloner4.netcom.com>,

au...@ix.netcom.com (-\\-THE-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R) wrote:
>From: au...@ix.netcom.com (-\\-THE-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R)
>Newsgroups:
rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sony,rec.games.video.sega
>Subject: Re: MARIO MONKS we are laughing about you!!!!!
>Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 14:10:57 GMT

>elab...@jupiter.scs.Ryerson.CA (Eduardo Labindao) wrote:
>
>>Shannara21 (shann...@aol.com) wrote:
>

>>: Blindly????Well we can definitely say he has never played Super Metroid.
>>: Trusting Nintendo is hardly blind.
>
>>But it is.
>> The delays - do you still believe their stated release dates?
>> Broken hardware promises - where is my snes CD?
>Nintendo never anouced a snes cd in the first place . the
>farthest this deal got was with negothiations with SONY. the
>deal never through . it was just alot of mags hype it to
>make seem as if it was coming out. Well it did come out as
>the SONY PLAYSTATION.

Well actually, Even Nintendo Power (owned by NINTENDO) showed preliminary
artist drawings of the SNES CD. And the only connection between SNES CD and
PSX are the fact they are both CD video games systems. Sony got some US
company to design the chip set.

>> Crappy hardware - I love my Virtual Boy!
>we all know this
>>
>>Heck, Super Metroid is a fine game and all, but I wouldn't trust Nintendo
>>an eyelash just because of that.
>

>-\\-the-\\-M-A-S-T-E-R

Richard T Jordan

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96
=

>> (Tears) Oh Mario, I have sinned!
>>
>> (Back to message) I think that if the Mario Monks want to preach
>> about the N64, let um. It's nice to have at least some Pro-Nintendo
>> opposed to the tons of Anti-Nintendo on this newsgroup.
>
>Maybe for those in the Nintendo newsgroup, but check the message
header.
>Those reading the Sony newsgroup are looking for info on Sony products
>like the PlayStation. Those who are reading the Sega newsgroup want
info
>on Sega products like the Saturn. And those who don't read the
Nintendo
>newsgroup usually don't want to waste their time reading
Nintendo-related
>posts, be it hyping or bashing.

The same goes for people who only want the nintendo newsgroup....I
get rather tired of the Pro-Sega and Pro-PS posts on this newsgroup as
well. What needs to happen is a gesture of acceptance of this by one
of the warring factions. Then if the others are a bit more mature,
they will follow the same.

Larry Goodacre

Mar 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/13/96

> The Mario Monks

its just a video game pal.

Torbjorn Jansson

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
Cyb...@ix.netcom.com(Richard T Jordan) wrote:

>>BTW, I think you should be worshipping Shiguro Miyamoto since he is
>the
>>brains behind Mario...

> (Tears) Oh Mario, I have sinned!

> (Back to message) I think that if the Mario Monks want to preach
>about the N64, let um. It's nice to have at least some Pro-Nintendo
>opposed to the tons of Anti-Nintendo on this newsgroup.

I have such a hard time figuring out this pro-Nintendo, anti-Nintendo
jibberish...

The interesting things for the Newsgroups is to discuss games and
gaming-potential (ie technical issues about consoles) for the
systems...
Isn't it possible to critisize delays, dishonest marketing,
hardware-flaws etc in the newsgroup, without having to wave flags like
yes I'm pro...I will love them even if they throw shit in my face...or
con...I'll hate them no matter how great their games and hardware
are!!!

The mario monks is personifying this not so mature way of reasoning,
black/white perspective...thats the sad truth...

It's more interesting to discuss the merits and drawbacks of the
hardware and games and try to look at facts without letting emotions
take total control, than to just indulge in flame-wars...

/TJ

Torbjorn

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Cyb...@ix.netcom.com(Richard T Jordan) wrote:

>>It's more interesting to discuss the merits and drawbacks of the
>>hardware and games and try to look at facts without letting emotions
>>take total control, than to just indulge in flame-wars...
>>

> Keep in mind it takes two to have a war. People who flame back at
>them are just as bad. What we need is rec.games.video.flamewar.

Honestly I don't think the people who flame back, to correct
stupidness and outright lies on the net, are half as bad as the ones
starting the flaming process...
but anyway I really like the idea!

rec.games.video.bash.another.system maybe :-)

/TJ

Tim Browne

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96

In a previous article, Cyb...@ix.netcom.com (Richard T Jordan) says:

> Nintendo isn't a Sega...they don't throw games on the market simply
>for the sake of having games. Nintendo all too often will have less
>games at a time but they're usually of higher quality.
> I remember an article from Gamepro of January reveiwing all the
>systems and saying 2/3 of SNES games are worth playing, opposed to 1/2
>of Genesis games.

Interesting perspective. The flip side, of course, is that the system is well
into its third year of development. Surely in all that time, they could have
come up with more than 8 quality games that could be released the same day. If
memory serves, the list on the Nintendo home site didn't even include Cruisin'
USA or Killer Instinct. Surely it couldn't have been too hard for them to port
them over, given that they were designed with the U64 in mind. I really hope
Nintendo's "Dinosaurs will fly" ad is referring to Onyx. *drool* I want that
game, and I want it NOW! Unfortunately, to get it now, I'd have to buy a
Reality Engine from SGI, which is, to put it nicely, just a tad outside my
budget. :-( L8r.

Susan Bianco

Mar 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/19/96
I love NINTENDO. They make the best games, not just with good
graphics but good gameplay too. Sega games, as I think are good
graphics on the outside, no challenge on the inside. What's with
MARIO MONKS. This is just like the Jihad, except the Jihad worship
Grimace. You can still fight like this without making a total
religion of it! :)

Luigina

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

patrickl...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2014, 8:58:29 AM12/15/14

> I think you are waiting on ULTRA '64 , I've heard some news that it should
> be released on March 2015...But,I know, it's so good that it must be

Hello I am from the future. No, you are so wrong. We are getting Mario Maker for the Ultra U 268 in 2015 instead. Oh I'm sorry, I mean the Nintendo Wii U. Yes you can make your own mario levels in the future. Isn't that amazing?

mykellandj...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 5:34:52 AM8/3/18

May Mario bless you all on Sept. 30!

Claes...@hotmail.nl

Aug 3, 2018, 7:22:48 AM8/3/18
Op vrijdag 3 augustus 2018 11:34:52 UTC+2 schreef mykellandj...@gmail.com:
> May Mario bless you all on Sept. 30!

Are you AN IDIOT??? you play super mario rather than FFVIII? its 1999 get with the times you fucking plumber!!!
Message has been deleted

patrickl...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 10:36:08 AM8/3/18
Are you ready for the upcoming Y2K buddy? That's way more important than any stupid video game!

monsoonofthewin...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 11:00:31 AM8/3/18
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Tim Ziemann wrote:
> Mario Monks, you are all stupid Suckers...
> Mario is a fat,lazy,bad smelling asshole!!!
> Yoy monkey's must be very similar to him...
> Perhaps you should call yourself the "DONKEY KONG FUCKERS" because
> you are "Monks"...
> Perhaps you should play one of this nice and sweet NINTENDO games like
> MARIO Bros. or Zelda... (perhaps you wanna fuck the primcess ???)
> I think you are waiting on ULTRA '64 , I've heard some news that it should
> be released on March 2015...But,I know, it's so good that it must be
> state of the art in the year 2050...
> ULTRA '64 IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED!!!!
> CRUIS'N USA VS. DAYTONA RACING... WE ARE LAUGHING ABOUT THE NINTENDO
> RACING!!!
>

> LONG live SONIC and all his friends...

OP truly was ahead of his time

killth...@hotmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 11:16:49 AM8/3/18
It's 2018.

We all still play these games... has humanity not learned their lessons?

patrickl...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 12:42:48 PM8/3/18
On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 8:16:49 AM UTC-7, killth...@hotmail.com wrote:
> It's 2018.
>
> We all still play these games... has humanity not learned their lessons?

The best part about living in the 21st century is that we don't need a personal computer to access the internet. I posted this message from my smartphone.

Bon Jon Corleone

Aug 3, 2018, 1:28:00 PM8/3/18
I feel like I'm carving my initials in the Rosetta Stone.

smoshy...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 3:08:24 PM8/3/18
Hulllo the Ultra 64 is still not out -_-
We did get the N64 thougha nd that's cool
Just had some of the best games ever

jamesk...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 11:36:28 PM8/3/18
Feels good to join in on this piece of history.

leoth...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:51:22 AM8/4/18
This is awesome, greetings from the distant future

neckjo...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 3:07:36 AM8/4/18
Message has been deleted

Ron

Aug 7, 2018, 1:51:52 AM8/7/18
overwatch sycks

hello failwatch... oops i mean overwatch... same thing tho hehe
why is it that you continue to praise yur crappy game despite it being a hollow no skill game

paladins is quiet clearly the superior game... and no.. it didn't rip off overwatch. OVERWATCH RIPPED PALADINS OFF AND THERE IS PROOF!!!! Blizzard probably hired some spies to collect info on what hi-rez was doing, because tribes ascend was truly a masterpiece(pro player since '06). so to all of you overwatch fans girls out there, SUCK IT!

antn...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2018, 1:21:42 PM8/7/18
Why did you idiots necro this thread?

karee...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2018, 2:20:05 AM8/11/18
Hello there, I'm from the future.

I've come to inform you that on the date of December 20, 2001, Sega will officially quit the console business and end their long rivalry with the release of "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle" for the Nintendo GameCube and "Sonic Advance" for the Game Boy Advance.

Sega will continue to make games for Nintendo consoles like the DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U and Nintendo Switch, lots of them being exclusive only to Nintendo. Sonic will also be playable in a video game series known as "Super Smash Bros." which is only exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

patrickl...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 10:06:30 AM8/13/18
On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 10:21:42 AM UTC-7, antn...@gmail.com wrote:
> Why did you idiots necro this thread?

Why not? This newsgroup is pretty much a ghost town anyways! It's 2018. Hardly anyone post on newsgroups anymore.

dase...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 3:38:03 PM8/13/18

iamthe...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2018, 10:04:41 AM8/17/18
May Mario Bless You All on September 30

Also hypekontent.com

mkd...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2018, 4:47:10 PM9/30/18
We are all blessed on this day.

hankse...@yahoo.com

Mar 8, 2019, 3:52:56 AM3/8/19
Lol

zachk...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2019, 4:46:48 AM9/11/19
On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 7:52:56 PM UTC+11, hankse...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Lol

https://youtu.be/HTpbpxNc6c0

LOL

hotdogf...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2019, 12:50:10 PM11/22/19
Mega64 brought me here lol

shadowof...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2020, 8:36:38 PM2/21/20
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Tim Ziemann wrote:
> Mario Monks, you are all stupid Suckers...
> Mario is a fat,lazy,bad smelling asshole!!!
> Yoy monkey's must be very similar to him...
> Perhaps you should call yourself the "DONKEY KONG FUCKERS" because
> you are "Monks"...
> Perhaps you should play one of this nice and sweet NINTENDO games like
> MARIO Bros. or Zelda... (perhaps you wanna fuck the primcess ???)
> I think you are waiting on ULTRA '64 , I've heard some news that it should
> be released on March 2015...But,I know, it's so good that it must be
> state of the art in the year 2050...
> ULTRA '64 IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED!!!!
> CRUIS'N USA VS. DAYTONA RACING... WE ARE LAUGHING ABOUT THE NINTENDO
> RACING!!!
>

> LONG live SONIC and all his friends...

You all are some old A-word N-words. I am curios, where are the people that originally participated in this thread? How old are they, where are they in life, and what is their opinions on this. God bless everyone

cbusylol

Feb 23, 2020, 11:44:27 PM2/23/20
On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 6:36:38 PM UTC-7, shadowof...@gmail.com wrote:

> You all are some old A-word N-words. I am curios, where are the people that originally participated in this thread? How old are they, where are they in life, and what is their opinions on this. God bless everyone

whats the nword?

I'd imagine the posts from 1996, there's a heavy chance that some of them
could have had children who are chasing the American dream, or there's a
chance that they are dead

GodZpeed X7

Feb 21, 2021, 3:22:38 AM2/21/21
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Tim Ziemann wrote:
> Mario Monks, you are all stupid Suckers...
> Mario is a fat,lazy,bad smelling asshole!!!
> Yoy monkey's must be very similar to him...
> Perhaps you should call yourself the "DONKEY KONG FUCKERS" because
> you are "Monks"...
> Perhaps you should play one of this nice and sweet NINTENDO games like
> MARIO Bros. or Zelda... (perhaps you wanna fuck the primcess ???)
> I think you are waiting on ULTRA '64 , I've heard some news that it should
> be released on March 2015...But,I know, it's so good that it must be
> state of the art in the year 2050...
> ULTRA '64 IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED!!!!
> CRUIS'N USA VS. DAYTONA RACING... WE ARE LAUGHING ABOUT THE NINTENDO
> RACING!!!
> LONG live SONIC and all his friends...
Sonic is shit and he’s a gay ass furry

GodZpeed X7

Feb 21, 2021, 3:25:20 AM2/21/21
On Saturday, March 2, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Robert Colossus Jones wrote:
> In article <4ha05g$1...@cabernet.niagara.com>, The Mario Monks
> <Wor...@theway.ofmario> wrote:
> please do not continue to embarrass yourselves with such uncivilized
> > literature. We hope you can think of something better to do instead of
> > wasting your time, and effort writing something so simpleminded. May Mario
> > bless you all on Sept. 30!
> >

> > The Mario Monks
> Try blessing us Christmas '96 since your precious N64 has been delayed
> once again. Hope you have fun with all 3 games at launch.
> --
> CCC OOO L 000 SSS SSS U U SSS
> C O 0 L O 0 S S U U S
> C 0 0 L 0 0 SSS SSS U U SSS
> C 0 0 L 0 0 S S U U S
> CCC 000 LLLL 000 SSS SSS UUU SSS
> DA! COMMANDA!!!!!!!
> (formerly Rob J from the Group Home)
Stfu sega faggot and it’s not being delayed

GodZpeed X7

Feb 21, 2021, 3:25:46 AM2/21/21
On Tuesday, March 5, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Retarded Ninja wrote:
> kag...@imap2.asu.edu wrote:
> >The Mario Monks (Wor...@theway.ofmario) wrote:
> > (snip)
> >: please do not continue to embarrass yourselves with such uncivilized
> >: literature. We hope you can think of something better to do instead of
> >: wasting your time, and effort writing something so simpleminded. May Mario
> >: bless you all on Sept. 30!
> >:
> >: The Mario Monks
> >
> > I'm getting tired of this guy. Can someone tell me how to find
> >his real life living address? If you can help, write to me. I guess
> >it's just gotten to the point where I can't come into this newsgroup
> >without this person ralling people up. It's really begining to irritate me
> >and he doesn't have the right to upset people this much. An oppinion is
> >alright once in a while. We've all gotten in debates with Sega players.
> >But that's where it's always ended for us. I find this person obnoxious
> >and I want to know where he lives.
> Good news! I've heard they live in a toilet somewhere in South Central
> L.A.! I heard that they are all working as plumbers with stupid little
> mustaches! :)
> Retarded Ninja
> >--
> > Net-Surfer
> > Chris.
> >|The Greatest Films of All Time |
> >| |
> >|1)Star Wars Trilogy (it's all one film in my book) |
> >|2)Reservoir Dogs |
> >|3)Pulp Fiction |
> >|4)The Untouchables |
> >|5)Tombstone |
> >|6)Highlander |
> >|7)Akira |
> >|8)Star Trek VI |
> >| |
> >|***The order of these films depends on my mood.****|
> >|If I'm pissed; 2,4,3,5,7,1,8,6. |
> >|If I'm happy; 1,3,5,2,7,6,8,4. |
> >|___________________________________________________|
> >|kag...@imap2.asu.edu |
Stfu sega fag

Roy Verant

Dec 12, 2023, 8:33:20 AM12/12/23
what the FUCK is going on

Ongezell

Feb 5, 2024, 9:46:07 PMFeb 5
Google groups will die so I'll let this here, it was a pleasure Monks

plastic

Feb 13, 2024, 11:21:07 AMFeb 13