why sega sucks serious balls and NINTENDO KICKS ASS.

Arthur Miceli

May 21, 1994, 4:36:50 PM5/21/94
I mean nintendo has
Super Nintendo=32,768 colors
sega has genesis=512 colors
nintendo has a 64-bit system
sega has a 32 bit systemcoming out
the new nintendo is 200$
the new sega is 540$
and sega CD is basically just a big memory device
and 32-x is just a 500$ super nintendo with a tenth of the games
face it in japan nintendo owns something like 80% of the home video
game market. and sega isn't even second it's third behind tg-16
or some thing. snes in japan is $140 comes with no games
the mega drive(japanese genesis) is $70 comes with 3 games
and sales are nil for sega I heard sega of japan could go out
of business. In europe it"s a similar story but sega is a little
better but nintendo still has a commanding lead.
the U.S.A is the only place sega has made a buck. and sega is only
tied with nintendo. By the time the new systems come out,
sega will be a thing of the past.

So, the next time someone says sega rules say
"you're full of s**t!!!!!!!!!"

nintendo rules.

HAVE A NICE DAY SEGA ENJOY YOUR LAST NICE DAYS WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Anton Prastowo

May 21, 1994, 6:26:12 PM5/21/94
In article <JI1slry.ar...@delphi.com>, Arthur Miceli
<arthur...@delphi.com> wrote:

> I mean nintendo has
> Super Nintendo=32,768 colors
> sega has genesis=512 colors
> nintendo has a 64-bit system
> sega has a 32 bit systemcoming out
> the new nintendo is 200$
> the new sega is 540$
> and sega CD is basically just a big memory device
> and 32-x is just a 500$ super nintendo with a tenth of the games

yeah yeah yeah. So when's Nintendo coming out with all this nifty hardware?
Let me guess, right after the CD-ROM addition for the SNES? Oh yeah and my
game system is better because it's bigger... It's the software that counts!

Feh...Nintendo's official release date isn't even until 1996 for their
Project Reality (if even then!). It took TWO years for Nintendo to get
off its ass and release the SNES in the United States after Sega's Genesis
debuted in the US. So you're telling me that I should wait for TWO years
for
some fantasy game system? Get a clue.

Sega has just edged out Nintendo in the US for sales. Even discounting that
info, the two companies are neck-and-neck in competition. Let me remind
you that the US is a MUCH LARGER market than Japan. Even if Sega of Japan
is in a decline...they can get along swell with just US sales alone.

_Neither_ company is in any serious lead! And their market shares won't
change majorly for at least another year when Jaguar software swells and
when Sega's Saturn appears. Nintendo will be the last company to deliver
a 'next generation' game machine. This is from their current track record!

Why don't you get a clue and come back when this fabled Nintendo machine
finally appears AND then compare it to Sega's Saturn etc. Until then no
company will be in trouble.

--
Anton Prastowo <pras...@vms2.macc.wisc.edu>

David Aldridge

May 21, 1994, 11:50:29 PM5/21/94

In a previous article, arthur...@delphi.com (Arthur Miceli) says:

> A whole truckload of gibberish I won't waste space repeating.

It's nice that you like your SNES. If you paid for something and you
enjoy it, that's nice. But face facts, or at least stop trying to invent
facts if you can't face the ones out there.
I don't live in Japan or Europe. I live in North America. And when I go
down to my local Radio Shack, K-Mart, Wal-Mart or whatever, I see both
systems. I also see a fair selection of games for both systems, with some
good titles for each system. And both units are about the same price.
Now, think hard. If one unit was vastly superior, and the other was
absolute crap, would people buy the crappy system at the same price? No,
of course not.
Each system does have it's strengths. Sure, Sega doesn't have STARFOX or
SUPER METROID, just like Nintendo doesn't have GUNSTAR HEROES or SONIC 3.
The SNES can't move as many sprites without slowing down or flickering,
and the Genesis has to be more creative with it's choice of pallettes.
Did you see Nintendo's recent 2 page ad in EGM? Plenty of exaggerations
and outright lies there. And how about the various (over half a dozen)
vaporware projects they've worked on over the last few years? Doesn't
sound like a company with an easy future and nothing to worry about now,
does it?
Btw, what do you know about the 32X that everyone else doesn't? You've
dismissed it as complete crap, despite the rather promising specs released
on it. Even EDGE magazine (which previewed the 3DO by announcing it's
future success as unlikely), seemed rather impressed by it.
If you like your SNES, fine. If you want to drop your pants and bend over
before Nintendo asks you to, I don't care. If you want to exclude
yourself from some of the great games out there, go ahead. But the next
time you want to spread fertilizer, do it in the garden. The plants need
it more than we do.

Malcolm D. Moore

May 22, 1994, 1:26:50 AM5/22/94
Arthur Miceli <arthur...@delphi.com> writes:

i don't know why, but the subject of this thread had me *rollin*. i
mean, i could actually picture a genesis console sucking someone's
balls. dunno why.

anyhow...

>I mean nintendo has
> Super Nintendo=32,768 colors
>sega has genesis=512 colors

well, as someone who owns both systems (i picked up a 'tendo last
week) i must say that things are a lot brighter on the 'tendo than
they are on the genesis. like, super mario world was way better than
even sonic (although sonic 3 was really good as far as colors go.)

>So, the next time someone says sega rules say
>"you're full of s**t!!!!!!!!!"
>
>nintendo rules.

well 'tendo doesn't rule either. they're both very good games. they
balance out with 'tendo trying to play the 'family value' role and
sega coming out with more adult-type games (less censoring).

>HAVE A NICE DAY SEGA ENJOY YOUR LAST NICE DAYS WHILE YOU CAN!!!

i don't think it's gone that far now.

-malcolm
--
Malcolm D. Moore * PC Professionals, Inc. * md...@netcom.com

"trust? later for that!"

Marty Chinn

May 22, 1994, 5:10:00 AM5/22/94
pras...@vms2.macc.wisc.edu (Anton Prastowo) writes:

One thing is, Nintendo is leading by far in the overal world market. Sega
is only leading in the US and not by much. As far as the Japanese market
goes, if you will notice, 90 to 95 percent of the games released in the
US were developed in Japan. So you screw a japanese market over, less
games come out there, meaning less ports to the american system. Face it
without Japanese support, say good bye to Streets of Rage 3, Super
Metroid, Final Fantasy series, Phantasy Star series, RPGS in general,
etc. Also when nintendo does produce hardware, they produce some kick ass
hardware. Even if it comes out later than another system, the hardware is
by far superior to what is out. PR is due out late 95, not 96. Saturn
will be out first quarter to first half of 95 so that is less than a
year's difference between the two systems at present development. Saturn
was due out 94 but its been delayed here. Also note, it took Nintendo two
years to bring out the SNES but they brought out some kick ass hardware
and also caught up to Sega who had two years lead. The market in Japan
isn't that much smaller than it is here.

--
drkn...@Garg.Campbell.CA.US (Marty Chinn)
The Land of Garg BBS -- +1 408 378-5108

Gunawan Agus

May 22, 1994, 3:13:43 PM5/22/94

In article pras...@vms2.macc.wisc.edu (Anton Prastowo) writes:

>yeah yeah yeah. So when's Nintendo coming out with all this nifty hardware?
>Let me guess, right after the CD-ROM addition for the SNES? Oh yeah and my
>game system is better because it's bigger... It's the software that counts!
>
>Feh...Nintendo's official release date isn't even until 1996 for their
>Project Reality (if even then!). It took TWO years for Nintendo to get
>off its ass and release the SNES in the United States after Sega's Genesis
>debuted in the US. So you're telling me that I should wait for TWO years
>for some fantasy game system? Get a clue.

Here we go again... How many times do we need to rehash this debate over who's
better or who's going to rule the world of gaming? I personally like Ninten-
do games, either games that are exclusive to SNES or ports from arcades. If
everybody share my opinion, Sega will die a long time ago. Obviously, both
Nintendo and Sega have done some things right that they still dominate the
market until now, unlike TG16 or CD^32 here in America.

>Sega has just edged out Nintendo in the US for sales. Even discounting that
>info, the two companies are neck-and-neck in competition. Let me remind
>you that the US is a MUCH LARGER market than Japan. Even if Sega of Japan
>is in a decline...they can get along swell with just US sales alone.

Nintendo is still holding the majority of the market in US. Really, one
victory over one Christmas season should not be hyped this much. It's more
so when you consider that the difference between SNES and Genesis of Mortal
Kombat might be the key factor there. MK2 for SNES, as several magazines
already reported, will have the blood. I think I understand the shitty
argument from NOA about how the blood in MK differs with the blood in Super
Metroid. What we have in MK is a gimmick, something superfluous which will
give people a quick but shallow entertainment, whereas Metroid uses the blood
(oozing out of the Mother Brain's mouth) to a good effect. In other words,
without the blood, MK is a crap and Metroid is still a gem. I consider this
as a preference/opinion though, and it should not affect the outcome of a
product. Anyway, I am happy that NOA has finally changed their mind, meaning
soon, we might be getting a good fighting game where the blood are used to a
"good effect": Samurai Showdown, of course!

>_Neither_ company is in any serious lead! And their market shares won't
>change majorly for at least another year when Jaguar software swells and
>when Sega's Saturn appears. Nintendo will be the last company to deliver
>a 'next generation' game machine. This is from their current track record!
>
>Why don't you get a clue and come back when this fabled Nintendo machine
>finally appears AND then compare it to Sega's Saturn etc. Until then no
>company will be in trouble.

Jaguar needs more than Tempest 2000 to prove itself. I tend to ignore Sega,
but if they managed to pull as perfect trasnlation as SF2 arcade to SNES for
Virtua Fighter on their Saturn, then it's time to get serious!

I could really care less about the race for better gaming hardware that's
going on right now. Most of the readers in this group are adults who will
appreciate games with better playability than ones with meaningless flashy
graphics and sound. When the dust settle down, most people probably looking
for the games quality and affordability. Thus my support for Nintendo, since
they seemed to be more "software-oriented" than Sega. Sooner or later, we are
going to hear some silly argument about how Sega is superior than Nintendo
because it has soooo many hardwares (Old Genesis, New Genesis, Sega-CD,
CDX, CD-32, Saturn) than Nintendo (SNES and Super GameBoy?).

You'd be glad that you choose 8-bit NES over 8-bit Sega a long long time ago.
Now and then, I see new and *good* NES games coming out (Kirby, Super Adventure
Island 2, Star Tropics 2), now what's with Sega?

I started this post by remarking how dull it is to see the same topics being
debated over and over again and here I am, doing it zealously. However, I
hope I have touched a facet which is seldom discussed here, i.e. the software
part of our beloved gaming machines.

G.Agus
"Don't judge a gaming system by its hardware"

David Aldridge

May 22, 1994, 4:16:03 PM5/22/94

I've always hated these types of debates over systems. I mean, there is
nothing wrong with owning one system, and with believing that you made the
right choice with your system. But how much maturity and brain power does
it take to post messages like "My system is the best. Your system sucks.
You own a piece of crap with crappy software". Come on, grow up already.

I've seen the same level of (extremely low) mentality used to bash the
SNES, Amiga, IBM, Macintosh and many other products. And if you believed
it all, then you'd have to believe that everything sucks and that the
general public doesn't mind buying crap.
Take a look at the headline. How could each system be running pretty well
neck and neck if one was so vastly inferior, and had absolutely nothing to
offer which the other one couldn't?

Amir Shaikh

May 25, 1994, 5:14:52 PM5/25/94
>It's nice that you like your SNES. If you paid for something and you
>enjoy it, that's nice. But face facts, or at least stop trying to invent
>facts if you can't face the ones out there.
>I don't live in Japan or Europe. I live in North America. And when I go
>down to my local Radio Shack, K-Mart, Wal-Mart or whatever, I see both
>systems. I also see a fair selection of games for both systems, with some
>good titles for each system. And both units are about the same price.
>Now, think hard. If one unit was vastly superior, and the other was
>absolute crap, would people buy the crappy system at the same price? No,
>of course not.
Ok.. I'd just like to say.... I've owned both Genesis and SNES.. I
found that overall the SNES is better.. better graphics/sound.. the games
are usually faster on the Genesis..

For kids.. they don't see the difference between colours and
graphics.. they like game-play (the fact that it is a video game).. Genesis,
though, does rule for sports games.. EA is awesome!

Personally.. I think the SNES is superior to the Genesis.. but that
doesn't matter.. Oh.. genesis has the CD Rom.. also. the Turbo Grafx 16 is
a pretty good machine but it costs $36 NEW!!!!!!!!! and it's better the
Genesis.. it's that its first game "Keith Courage" sucked!!!
.

David Aldridge

May 26, 1994, 10:44:01 PM5/26/94

In a previous article, sha...@CIM.McGill.CA (Amir Shaikh) says:

> For kids.. they don't see the difference between colours and
>graphics.. they like game-play (the fact that it is a video game).. Genesis,

Gameplay is more important, though. If the gameplay sucks, who cares how
pretty the sound is or how beautifully everything is shaded?

Dino Dini

May 26, 1994, 2:47:07 PM5/26/94
In <2s0f4c$1...@Athena.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> sha...@CIM.McGill.CA (Amir Shaikh) writes:

> For kids.. they don't see the difference between colours and
>graphics.. they like game-play (the fact that it is a video game).. Genesis,
>though, does rule for sports games.. EA is awesome!

Err... so when people grow up a little and are no longer 'kids' do they
'mature' from really being into game-play into just liking fancy sounds
and graphics?

I always thought it was the other way round. I'll never understand the
pre-occupation of some people with graphics and sfx over game-play. Game-play
is the most important thing of all, more important than graphics and sfx.
This is because we are talking about games here, not works of art. A game
can be a work of art too... but fancy graphics with poor gameplay is just a
mug's game.

BTW, the faster processor of the Genesis means that it is possible to get
technically more advanced gameplay as opposed to the SNES, which is hardly a
16bit system at all (the ROMs are actually 8 Bit you know). The SNES is great
at doing all kinds of fancy stuff, which funnily enough, the majority of games
I've seen hardly use, or if used form very little part of the game-play.

Dino Dini Dini & Dini Productions am...@hosta.dircon.co.uk
"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing" anyone know origin of?

P. C. Kilinskas

May 27, 1994, 1:18:34 PM5/27/94
am...@hosta.dircon.co.uk (Dino Dini) writes:

>BTW, the faster processor of the Genesis means that it is possible to get
>technically more advanced gameplay as opposed to the SNES, which is hardly a
>16bit system at all (the ROMs are actually 8 Bit you know). The SNES is great
>at doing all kinds of fancy stuff, which funnily enough, the majority of games
>I've seen hardly use, or if used form very little part of the game-play.

True, perhaps, but the smoothness of gameplay on the Genesis doesn't do much
for me when every game is basically Magic Axe, only sometimes your guy is
Spiderman, sometimes Batman... whatever the character, the game is the same,
and you've already played it 100x before. Give me the "inferior" gameplay
of an original like Starfox anyday.

Phil

David Aldridge

May 28, 1994, 5:18:11 PM5/28/94

In a previous article, p...@acsu.buffalo.edu (P. C. Kilinskas) says:

>True, perhaps, but the smoothness of gameplay on the Genesis doesn't do much
>for me when every game is basically Magic Axe, only sometimes your guy is
>Spiderman, sometimes Batman... whatever the character, the game is the same,

Neither system is that monotonous in it's selection of games.

>and you've already played it 100x before. Give me the "inferior" gameplay
>of an original like Starfox anyday.

I never said that SNES games lacked in gameplay though. I was only
disagreeing with in earlier remark on how the "prettiness" of a game
should become the #1 criteria in deciding the quality. If the gameplay
isn't there, no one will play it. Otherwise, laser disc games would be in
abundance and games like TETRIS would be collecting dust. Icing is a nice
extra, but it shouldn't be the main course.

Rubyda...@yahoo.com

Jan 21, 2017, 12:28:50 AM1/21/17
True.

Rubyda...@yahoo.com

Jan 21, 2017, 12:30:18 AM1/21/17
Dude you're obviously right.

marty...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2017, 12:26:24 AM7/31/17
And shortly thereafter when nintendo made a motion controller for wii sports it all went to shit.

I see sega is still marketing.. and I see no party support for the latest endeavor. SONY FTMFW!

lol old posts

Rubyda...@yahoo.com

Aug 12, 2017, 12:49:56 AM8/12/17
Hell no. Nintendo for the win. The Wii's motion controls don't even suck. I know you're a Sony fanboy.

Rubyda...@yahoo.com

Aug 12, 2017, 12:52:28 AM8/12/17
You're an idiot. Nintendo's motion controls for Wii sports isn't shit. Learn your facts. Also Nintendo FTMFW bitch.

zesate...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 8:28:02 AM4/22/20
Hey dumbass. The Sega Saturn isn’t going to beat Nintendo. And Nintendo has edged out Sega in the North American and Us market. Suck it.

zesate...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 8:31:30 AM4/22/20
Nintendo’s company won’t be in group and Sega literally lost the 16 Bit war. Nintendo captured the US market and the Us Market isn’t bigger than japan. Eat my dust and stop sucking sega’s dick.

zesate...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 8:33:26 AM4/22/20
Dude stop with that bull.

The SNES CAN move as many sprites without slowing down or flickering. And Gunstar Heroes And Sonic 3 are horrible games that suck ass. Nintendo is way better and you Sega fanboys will always bend over to Sega and let them fuck them. It’s disgusting.

zesate...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 8:34:12 AM4/22/20
Also Nintendo has better and great games bitch. They are more exciting too. Suck it.

Deck of 51

Jun 21, 2020, 1:45:32 PM6/21/20
Nintendo did not have Blast Processing. Sega is objectively better due
to Blast Processing. Put your emotions aside and listen to logic.

JonD

Aug 2, 2020, 8:23:43 PM8/2/20
What about Mode-7?!

GodZpeed X7

Sep 22, 2020, 5:52:26 AM9/22/20
Listen here you dumbass mother fucker Sega is NOT better and blast processing is NOT real. Even if it was real, Nintendo DOES have it. Sega does NOT. Nintendo is objectively and factually better because they have better games and way better hardware too. You’re the one who needs to put their emotions aside and listen to logic because you’re a Sega faggot who can’t come up with a decent argument. Stop dickriding Sonic the hedgehog and face the facts that your shitty company now works for Nintendo and has shitty ips that can’t and never holds a candle to Nintendo’s superior IPs. Lemme put this in a word so your dumbass can understand. SEGA WILL NEVER BEAT NINTENDO AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE AND OBJECTIVE FACT.

Gavin Heinly

Oct 17, 2020, 10:46:58 AM10/17/20
I'm proud of you. This should be cherished.

GodZpeed X7

Feb 21, 2021, 2:59:20 AM2/21/21

> > > Nintendo did not have Blast Processing. Sega is objectively better due
> > > to Blast Processing. Put your emotions aside and listen to logic.
> > Listen here you dumbass mother fucker Sega is NOT better and blast processing is NOT real. Even if it was real, Nintendo DOES have it. Sega does NOT. Nintendo is objectively and factually better because they have better games and way better hardware too. You’re the one who needs to put their emotions aside and listen to logic because you’re a Sega faggot who can’t come up with a decent argument. Stop dickriding Sonic the hedgehog and face the facts that your shitty company now works for Nintendo and has shitty ips that can’t and never holds a candle to Nintendo’s superior IPs. Lemme put this in a word so your dumbass can understand. SEGA WILL NEVER BEAT NINTENDO AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE AND OBJECTIVE FACT.
> I'm proud of you. This should be cherished.

Stfu dude

GodZpeed X7

Feb 21, 2021, 3:00:18 AM2/21/21
SNES CAN move big and many sprites bitch

Retro GameDev

Oct 21, 2022, 11:03:50 PM10/21/22
Fuck everyone in this thread. You all can eat a dick. The Xbox priest molests every other console on the market. No lube. No mercy.
Message has been deleted

Harry Mathews

Apr 17, 2023, 3:17:12 AM4/17/23

You were right. I read your message about Sega in 1994. I was a Sega boy back then, and thought you were mad. But 32 years later and Sega has destroyed itself.

sd4f6sd47f8s

Jun 27, 2023, 1:23:13 PM6/27/23
so true

Cody Ryan (Knockoffs & More)

Aug 9, 2023, 4:07:10 PM8/9/23
On Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 1:23:13 PM UTC-4, sd4f6sd47f8s wrote:
> so true
true on so many levels its crazy

Roy Verant

Dec 12, 2023, 8:38:32 AM12/12/23
I don't even know what the fuck is going on but I'm here for the TEA. (Also how the fuck are these messages from 1994 like what the fuck?

Terence Stewart

Jan 15, 2024, 11:29:33 AMJan 15
Your on usenet, usenet has existed since 1980. The internet also existed in 1994