Mario 64 Help (Wet Dry Land Cannon Dude...)

Andy Scheffler

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to
gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.

-Andy

| You cannot cure the social disease, you can only mask the symptoms. |
| I tried to start a non-conformists club, +-------------------------------+
| but we couldn't decide on a meeting time. |asch...@cory.eecs.berkeley.edu|
|http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ascheffl \ Andy Scheffler |
+---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------+

Tom Slama

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Andy Scheffler (asch...@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
: Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to

: gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
: even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
: just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
: missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.

: -Andy

To reach him, do a wall kick off the side wall.

Tom

Aaron Bullard

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

On 11/5/96 8:25PM, in message <55osu7$3...@agate.berkeley.edu>, Andy Scheffler
<asch...@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to
> gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
> even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
> just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
> missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.

If your good at the turn-around flip then you should be able to grab the ledge. But the easiest way to
reach the platform is to do a back flip of turn-around flip into the painting. That raises the water level
even higher.

Aaron "Cujo" Bullard

soxman

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

In article <55q5pe$i...@van1s03.cyberion.com>, tsl...@ice.onlinesys.com
(Tom Slama) wrote:

* Andy Scheffler (asch...@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
* : Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to
* : gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
* : even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
* : just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
* : missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.
*
* : -Andy
*
* To reach him, do a wall kick off the side wall.

Even easier, do a triple jump into the painting (enter the top of the
painting) when you enter the world. Then it is very easy to get on the
platform. In fact, you won't even need the cannon, you can then jump from
the water over the gate in the corner.

--
Dan Anderson

dana...@idt.net

Gumby

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

ri...@dskd3.itg.ti.com (Rich Campbell) wrote:

>: On 11/5/96 8:25PM, in message <55osu7$3...@agate.berkeley.edu>, Andy Scheffler
>: <asch...@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
>:

>: > Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to

>: > gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to

>: > even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is

>: > just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm

>: > missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.

if you jump into the upper portion of the painting to begin that
level, the water level will fill up very high, and its really easy to
get to the cannon dude.

--gumby

Rich Campbell

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

: On 11/5/96 8:25PM, in message <55osu7$3...@agate.berkeley.edu>, Andy Scheffler
: <asch...@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
:
: > Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to
: > gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
: > even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
: > just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
: > missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.
:

I jumped into the octagonal tube that's up high,
stood at the high end of it facing out and back-flipped
on top. From there you can jump to the Bom-omb.

--
Rich Campbell, USDA zone 7 (near Dallas)

It is possible to have a carefree garden
as long as you don't care what you grow.

ri...@ti.com*

Responding by email, remove the '*' from the address.
This is intended to (hopefully) foil some of the
automated bulk junk e-mail programs.

Unsolicited commercial messages sent via email will be billed
$25/message plus $.01/character, incl. header lines. No exceptions.
Sending such mail constitutes agreement to these terms.

Visor

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Gumby wrote:

> if you jump into the upper portion of the painting to begin that
> level, the water level will fill up very high, and its really easy to
> get to the cannon dude.
>
> --gumby

Hmmm maybe my copy is defective. After jumping into the picture high
enough I didn't need the cannon guy at all, just swam over to the grating
surrounding the entrance to the city, jumped up & mario grabbed it,
no problem at all.

BeefLord

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96
to Andy Scheffler

> Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to
> gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
> even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
> just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
> missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.

Well, can you think of any way to flood the world BESIDES the water
diamonds? If you can't, then read a few signs. The secret lies in your
Air Jordan abilities upon entering the world.

-BeefLord

Give up? Okay, just jump real high into the painting.

--
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
| The BeefLord \ "Criticism rolls off my back like a duck." |

dwainf...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2017, 5:54:04 AM2/26/17
Thank you very much! I thought I was going insane too! You have no idea

dwainf...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2017, 5:54:31 AM2/26/17

Matthias

Jul 5, 2022, 3:51:26 PM7/5/22
soxman schrieb am Mittwoch, 6. November 1996 um 09:00:00 UTC+1:
> In article <55q5pe$i...@van1s03.cyberion.com>, tsl...@ice.onlinesys.com
> (Tom Slama) wrote:
> * Andy Scheffler (asch...@parker.EECS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:
> * : Alright. I'm going insane from this trival thing that everyone seems to
> * : gloss over. I cannot reach the pink Bob-Omb in the Wet-Dry Land level to
> * : even open up the cannon to get to the underground city. His platform is
> * : just too high and too far from anything for me to reach, and unless I'm
> * : missing another water diamond, I can't reach him.
> *
> * : -Andy
> *
> * To reach him, do a wall kick off the side wall.
>
> Even easier, do a triple jump into the painting (enter the top of the
> painting) when you enter the world. Then it is very easy to get on the
> platform. In fact, you won't even need the cannon, you can then jump from
> the water over the gate in the corner.
> --
> Dan Anderson
> dana...@idt.net

Thanks, this helped me a lot. 25 years after.