Metroidvania is great... Thumbs up for Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

Richard Hutnik

Jun 14, 2001, 11:02:55 PM6/14/01
For me, the Metriod formula for the GBA version of Castlevania is real
good, well, once I give the GBA enough light that is. Dark Cloud was
sitting unplayed while I was messing with Metroidvania.

- Richard Hutnik

There, call it Metroidvania from now on, or Castloid :-P :-)

Todd Jones

Jun 15, 2001, 1:12:19 PM6/15/01
>For me, the Metriod formula for the GBA version of Castlevania is real
>good, well, once I give the GBA enough light that is. Dark Cloud was
>sitting unplayed while I was messing with Metroidvania.

You must have missed Dracula X: Nocturne in Moonlight. (Castlevania:
Symphony of the Night in US)
It was a Metroid/Castlevania hybrid as well.
It's available for PSX and Saturn, but the Japanese Saturn version has more
playable characters and two more castle areas than the PSX version.

hhh

Jun 15, 2001, 1:21:51 PM6/15/01
guess the N64 fanboys don't know that they first used the Metroid formula
in SOTN

Richard Hutnik

Jun 15, 2001, 5:02:33 PM6/15/01
"Todd Jones" <todd...@nethere.net> wrote in message news:<tikfk9i...@corp.supernews.com>...

I have SOTN, but I hadn't been the one who had been comparing COTM to
Metroid, until this post.

- Richard Hutnik