Nintendo really sucks.

Rebecca Smith

Nov 28, 1994, 4:00:18 PM11/28/94
Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

terrell gibbs

Nov 28, 1994, 5:06:45 PM11/28/94
In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>, rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu (Rebecca
Smith) wrote:

:Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more

:colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
:for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

Is this childish rant really from a COLLEGE student? Maybe she walked away
from her terminal and her 12-year old kid got at it...

Marty Chinn

Nov 28, 1994, 5:04:08 PM11/28/94
Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
: colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
: for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

At least if you're going to flame, get your facts straight. How can you
be in college and not understand that 256 is more than 64 or 32,768 is
more than 512?

Colors onscreen/Total colors
SNES
256/32768
Genesis
64/512

Do us all a favor and give the computer back to your dad. We don't need
people like you in any group.

Tiamat

Nov 28, 1994, 5:28:05 PM11/28/94

Tell ya what Becky, dear.

Why don't you get on the #spanking channel on IRC?
Sounds to me like you want to be punished.

sheesh - obvious flame bait. heheh.

-bilbo

Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more

Kevin M. Hebert

Nov 28, 1994, 4:29:02 PM11/28/94
In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>,
Rebecca Smith <rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu> wrote:

Firstly, the SNES has more colors and runs faster. This is just a fact. The
rest of what you say is subjective, but I will address it anyway. Adult
games? If you need "blood" (red sprites) all over the screen to have
a good time, buy a friggin red magic marker. SNES game play is better,
the games are better, the graphics are worlds beyond Sega, Sega can't
do Mode 7, and in my opinion, really doesn't compare to the SNES. If you
like Sega, good for you -- but don't come into rec.games.video.nintendo
with your ignorance.

-- KMH

Melinda Shore

Nov 28, 1994, 5:11:33 PM11/28/94
In article <3bdi2u$4...@felix.seas.gwu.edu> kmhe...@seas.gwu.edu (Kevin M. Hebert) writes:
>but don't come into rec.games.video.nintendo
>with your ignorance.

Don't come into soc.motss with it, either.

What's going on - are people celebrating the holidays by
cross-posting inappropriately?
--
Melinda Shore - No Mountain Software - sh...@tc.cornell.edu
I don't speak for Cornell.

John Kohler

Nov 28, 1994, 6:38:25 PM11/28/94
Yet another person who has been molded in the Sega image. I think
Sega has to be awarded for being able to trick people. Bashing
Nintendo can do nothing. Nintendo is top dog, and always will be.
DON'T YA GET IT- NINTENDO! PLAY IT LOUD! It seems I have been put
in the Nintendo mold. Just play either system, game for game- no
comparisions and play it loud.

BULLY

K. Itazura

Nov 28, 1994, 7:27:17 PM11/28/94
In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>,
Rebecca Smith <rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu> wrote:

Sega has more colors? Doesn't seem that way when I played MK II, especally
the music/sounds. I also doubt you played any of the "adult" Super Famicon
games ne?

KI

--
--------
Kimiko Itazura

Craig Edwardson

Nov 28, 1994, 7:40:00 PM11/28/94

What rock did this one crawl out from?
--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ just sent you some mail!

JMacd

Nov 28, 1994, 9:04:27 PM11/28/94
In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>, rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu (Rebecca
Smith) wrote:

Unfortunantly, you are totally wrong. No we are not "queer". Your facts
are inaccurate: Nintendo has MORE colors, where did you get that garbage
that it runs faster, that is technically impossible since Nintendo has a
much faster processor. What *good* games does sega have that Nintendo
doesn't? NONE!!! Nintendo on the other hand has
1) Donkey Kong Country
2) Super Punch Out
3) Super Metroid
Notice that these games are only for NINTENDO.
Sega is not for real people, it is for rich people. You poor dimwitted,
embecilic baffons are there dishing out almost a grand for Sega's stupid
little add ons, where we on the other hand pay one simple (little) sum and
have all that we could ever want.

Andrew E. Babiec

Nov 28, 1994, 9:30:13 PM11/28/94
In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>
Ummm...as a person who has a Genesis, I feel I must apologize for this fool.
I personally like my Genesis (my only system) and most of us Sega users don't h
ave to go here and bash Nintendo users to make us feel better. Actually, up her
e in college, we have a few people with SNES's and a few with Genesis'. We get
along and don't compare systems. We find it pointless to argue about that. We m
ight argue if the new Madden or NHL is good but it has nothing to do with syste
ms. What does playing SNES have to do with being queer? Besides being a fool, t
his person is a homophobic. As long as your happy playing your system and I am
too, then why flame each other? It won't make people sell their system or somet
hing. Why do people feel they have to convert other users?

Andrew Babiec

Freddy Chan

Nov 28, 1994, 10:34:57 PM11/28/94
Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
: colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
: for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

Just ignore this pointless comment, all she(he) wants is flame between people.

KhChan

David Aldridge

Nov 28, 1994, 10:21:15 PM11/28/94

In a previous article, rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu (Rebecca Smith) says:

Folks, this is flamebait. Please don't fall for it. We've already had
enough rulez/sux console wars wasting bandwidth.

Scott Campbell

Nov 28, 1994, 11:44:24 PM11/28/94
Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
: colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
: for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.
Thought I had escaped this crap when I stopped reading r.g.v.atari

Marty Chinn

Nov 28, 1994, 9:53:03 PM11/28/94
JMacd (jmac...@fox.nstn.ns.ca) wrote:

: Unfortunantly, you are totally wrong. No we are not "queer". Your facts

: are inaccurate: Nintendo has MORE colors, where did you get that garbage
: that it runs faster, that is technically impossible since Nintendo has a
: much faster processor. What *good* games does sega have that Nintendo
: doesn't? NONE!!! Nintendo on the other hand has

I believe that is a big understatement. Sega easily has some great games
on it. Aladdin, Zero Tolerance, the Sonic series, Contra Hard Corps,
Dynamite Heady, Shining Force, Shining Force 2, Landstalker, Phantasy
Star series. And those games that are out on both systems, sometimes they
are better on the Genesis, like Earthworm Jim. Each system has both their
fair share of unique great games as well as their failures. To say that
SNES has all the great games, and Genesis doesn't is stupid.

: 1) Donkey Kong Country

: 2) Super Punch Out
: 3) Super Metroid
: Notice that these games are only for NINTENDO.

Yeah, and I listed some titles only for Genesis, your point?

: Sega is not for real people, it is for rich people. You poor dimwitted,

Where do you get that Sega is for rich people? Its generally Nintendo who
has a bit higher priced system, and a bit higher priced games. It wasn't
until recently that both are about the same in price.

: embecilic baffons are there dishing out almost a grand for Sega's stupid

: little add ons, where we on the other hand pay one simple (little) sum and
: have all that we could ever want.

Benjamin S. Martin

Nov 29, 1994, 12:58:48 AM11/29/94
__________________-
Ummm...as a person who has a Genesis, I feel I must apologize for this fool.
I personally like my Genesis (my only system) and most of us Sega users don't h
ave to go here and bash Nintendo users to make us feel better. Actually, up her
e in college, we have a few people with SNES's and a few with Genesis'. We get
along and don't compare systems. We find it pointless to argue about that. We m
ight argue if the new Madden or NHL is good but it has nothing to do with syste
ms. What does playing SNES have to do with being queer? Besides being a fool, t
his person is a homophobic. As long as your happy playing your system and I am
too, then why flame each other? It won't make people sell their system or somet
hing. Why do people feel they have to convert other users?
Andrew Babiec
__________________-

Glad to see that someone can see through all this flamebait and write
a thought-out post. Andrew, you didn't need to apologize, though it was
a very nice gesture, because most of here in the real world realize that
people like this exist. There is nothing we can do about unfortunately.
Both the Genesis and SNES have decent people playing them and, all we
can hope for is that more of these people will be posting. Ignore
flamebait and let the losers, who are just trying to get some attention,
go on with there pointless crap somewhere else.

--
Ben Martin e-mail:bma...@csugrad.cs.vt.edu

...Life is but a dream...
And Squaresoft makes it come true...

schroedinger's_experiment

Nov 29, 1994, 12:51:44 AM11/29/94

Kevin M. Hebert <kmhe...@seas.gwu.edu> wrote:
>In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>,
>Rebecca Smith <rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu> wrote:
>
>>Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
>>colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
>>for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.
>
>Firstly, the SNES has more colors and runs faster. This is just a fact. The
>rest of what you say is subjective, but I will address it anyway. Adult
>games? If you need "blood" (red sprites) all over the screen to have
>a good time, buy a friggin red magic marker. SNES game play is better,

Depends on which games you're playing.

>the games are better,

See above.

>the graphics are worlds beyond Sega, Sega can't
>do Mode 7,

Mode 7 is hype. From a programming point of view it's nothing really
special. Kind of like "blast processing".

>and in my opinion, really doesn't compare to the SNES. If you
>like Sega, good for you -- but don't come into rec.games.video.nintendo
>with your ignorance.

I can't believe you're still biting at flamebait like the above...then
again, you are a.f's tenured punching bag.

Who let Hebshit into r.g.v.n anyway?

For all who are still waiting for my SoM FAQ: sorry, but time constraints
have forced me to abandon it. I'm not sure if it will ever be completed
(but I'm willing to help those who already have one established).

-Legion
--
"Give yourself a life, Hannigan! I mean, who cares about finding my wife!"
-- Andrew Beckwith

Guoyu Hu

Nov 28, 1994, 11:47:51 PM11/28/94
I have the following SNES games for sale:

FIFA International Soccer
Super Soccer
Illusion of GAIA
Street Fighter II
Equinox
Ranma 1/2

Please make your offer. Highest bid get the game.

Thanks

Brian

William Loguidice

Nov 28, 1994, 11:34:37 PM11/28/94
RE: Re: Nintendo really sucks.
BY: kmhe...@seas.gwu.edu to All on Mon Nov 28 1994 04:29 pm

> Firstly, the SNES has more colors and runs faster. This is just a fact. The
> rest of what you say is subjective, but I will address it anyway. Adult
> games? If you need "blood" (red sprites) all over the screen to have
> a good time, buy a friggin red magic marker. SNES game play is better,

> the games are better, the graphics are worlds beyond Sega, Sega can't
> do Mode 7, and in my opinion, really doesn't compare to the SNES. If you

> like Sega, good for you -- but don't come into rec.games.video.nintendo

Much of what you say is true for a comment that was perhaps innapropriate
for this message base (but I find that many messages seem to find their way
inexplicably into many different bases), but I have to contest some of what you
say. NO, THE SNES does not have a faster processor than the Genesis. The
Genesis' processor runs about twice as fast. This results (and these days
perhaps resulted is a better word) in Genesis games have better control than
SNES games. This has basically vanished as programmers have found ways around
the SNES' sluggish processor, but the fact remains. As for Sega not doing mode
7, some may say that's a good thing. In many ways this exciting special effect
has been abused and ruined many a game, like Stanley Cup Hockey. Recently, as
can be expected, Sega games have appeared with special effects similar to what
the SNES can do. BASICALLY it's all in the matter of knowing the system (both
are known quite well by programmers and many special features and workarounds
have been achieved) and at this point both systems are at the height of their
powers (perhaps the SNES has more to be exploited, but it is also the newer of
the two units). For many people, owning both was (and perhaps still is) the
best way to go as both offer their advantages...
>>Bill Loguidice<<

Carl A Morales

Nov 29, 1994, 9:53:03 AM11/29/94
I have a 24meg Super Wild Card for sale as well as a 16meg Multi Game
Hunter. Back up your games to 3 1/2" disks today! I'll sell each for the
best offer I get. Reply by email.

carl
cm...@andrew.cmu.edu

Nicholas Alexander Duddy

Nov 29, 1994, 11:32:23 AM11/29/94

|> Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
|> : Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
|> : colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
|> : for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

This is so wrong its unbelievable. Ive only just stollen my brothers SNES, and play it 24 hours a day.

My flat has a mega drive and about 15 games WHICH ARE NEVER PLAYED. why is that?

the snes games are older too (original street fighter 2, mario kart, SMW V's Eco the Dolphin, Sonic 3 and some crap looking RPG). All my flat mates are sega advocates, but now can help themselves and like nintendo. They can see that the nintendoi games are all so much more sophisticate dany cleverly designed.

At first they said, is that like sonic>> (looking at mario world). They couldnt see that they were different types of games. I suggested that mario kart is just like road rash (a road..yes....you drive a vehicle..yes, there are other poeple racing...yes, the same :-)). Now that they have all played mario world & kart, they dont know why they bought the sega instaed of snes (even though i told them at the time).

ah well, i gues its rebecca missing out. probable a lesbian anyway :-)
\ Nick Duddy C= VIC-20 3.5K 176*184 16 Color /
/ cee...@cee.hw.ac.uk DATACASSETTE + JOYSTICK! SPEED!!!! \
\ /
/ A4000/030, 33mhz 68882, 6Mb, 340Mb HD, Microvitec 1440, Canon BJ200 \
\ & 2mb Picasso II. /
/ \
\ Oh, and a SNES too. And all this was before cartoons? /
/ \
\ http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ceenad/ /
/ \

Clayton Colwell

Nov 29, 1994, 2:51:21 PM11/29/94
Please keep this thread out of soc.motss. Followups have been
adjusted accordingly in this post; please check your own headers.

Kevin M. Hebert (kmhe...@seas.gwu.edu) wrote:
: In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>,
: Rebecca Smith <rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu> wrote:

: >Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
: >colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
: >for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

At least I know why someone was tempted to crosspost. If you want
a *real* flamewar, try alt.politics.homosexuality instead.

--
Clay Colwell (aka StealthSmurf)
er...@bga.com "So *that's* what an invisible barrier

Peter Laviniere

Nov 29, 1994, 6:03:42 PM11/29/94
I won't flame anyone, but simply say that SNES has:
1) more colors (many more) just most companies are too damned laz to use them
2) greater variety of games
3) better sound by far (compare MK2 on both, biggg difference)

Genny has:
1) faster CPU, but not a factor anymore w/ good programming
2) great sports games (I couldn't stop playing NFL 94' last week
3) a CD (wow, it sucks nuts)

I like my SNES since I sold my Genny. I only miss the Football games.
Flame on, but this is pretty much the truth. MK2 is light years ahead on
the SNES, as are ther games. I could't believe mags said Genny MK2 as
good. Piss poor control (3 button) and terrible graphx and no sound.
Put the twoside by side like I did and see, and try not to laugh.
However, Genny does have quite a few kick ass games, like NFL 94'.
MAD DOGG HOEK | "Thank you, drive through."
| - Beavis
z007...@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us

Cyclops McGinnis

Nov 29, 1994, 2:14:05 PM11/29/94

Looks like it's too late, Dave. :(

Cyclops McGinnis \|/ ____ \|/
"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven @~/ ,. \~@
/_( \__/ )_\
tat...@rpi.edu \__U_/

Cyclops McGinnis

Nov 29, 1994, 2:21:54 PM11/29/94

The SNES is usually as fast if not faster, though, not because of the processor's clock speed, but because its multiple processors allow for a memory access time that makes up for the Gen's faster clock. This is WITHOUT fancy programming.

You can't judge how fast a system is based on clock speed alone. As someone else said previously, a 486/33 computer goes about twice as fast as a 386/33, even though they both run at 33MHz.

irish

Nov 30, 1994, 8:23:23 AM11/30/94
In Article <3bdi2u$4...@felix.seas.gwu.edu> Kevin M. Hebert (kmhe...@seas.gwu.edu) wrote:
: In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>,
: Rebecca Smith <rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu> wrote:

[... Hebspew deleted ...]

: -- KMH

Kevin M Herbert - Nintendo Idiot - Math Idiot - Computer Idiot
Geography Idiot - Internet Idiot

The list just keeps growing and growing...........

[follow-up set to alt.flame, have deleted soc.motss from ng line]

__ __ / /~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~______
_/! \ _(\(o) /~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/! ! \ / _ ^^(o Roslyn, Bitch Emeritus of Alt.Flame ~~~~~~~~~~
/!! ! ! \/ ! '---v' ~~~~~~~~ Dispenser of Pain ____~~~~~~~~~~~~~
!! !! \ _' ( \____ \ ~~~~~~ Whacker of Bigfoot ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
! . \ _!\^^ \===^\) \ \ \ ~~Killer of Barney ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROY R MIRON

Dec 1, 1994, 8:45:56 PM12/1/94
In article <bilboD0...@netcom.com>, bi...@netcom.com (Tiamat) writes:

>Tell ya what Becky, dear.
>
>Why don't you get on the #spanking channel on IRC?
>Sounds to me like you want to be punished.
>
>sheesh - obvious flame bait. heheh.
>
>-bilbo
>

>Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
>: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more

>: colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
>: for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

Standing up for your poor little Sega system because Nintendo is kicking ass?
Isn't that sweet?
Get real!

ROY R MIRON

Dec 1, 1994, 8:51:58 PM12/1/94
In article <jmacdon1-2...@halifax-ts2-4.nstn.ca>, jmac...@fox.nstn.ns.c

a (JMacd) writes:
>In article <rsmith81.786056284@ursa>, rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu (Rebecca
>Smith) wrote:
>
>> Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
>> colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
>> for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.
>
>Unfortunantly, you are totally wrong. No we are not "queer". Your facts
>are inaccurate: Nintendo has MORE colors, where did you get that garbage
>that it runs faster, that is technically impossible since Nintendo has a
>much faster processor. What *good* games does sega have that Nintendo
>doesn't? NONE!!! Nintendo on the other hand has
>1) Donkey Kong Country
>2) Super Punch Out
>3) Super Metroid
>Notice that these games are only for NINTENDO.
>Sega is not for real people, it is for rich people. You poor dimwitted,
>embecilic baffons are there dishing out almost a grand for Sega's stupid
>little add ons, where we on the other hand pay one simple (little) sum and
>have all that we could ever want.
>You forgot to add Final Fantasy III on your list.
And you are right!
Why should a child who barely gets an allowance,spend a year saving for a $160
ripoff when you have it all right here!

Martin L. Drury

Dec 1, 1994, 9:28:04 PM12/1/94
ROY R MIRON (rr...@ns1.CC.Lehigh.EDU) wrote:

Hey chick, where did you get the idea that Sega has more colors? Look at
any two games side by side. Sega can barily display more than the old
NES. The CD is barily better than that. And Genesis and Cd have way
less colors to choose from. But hey, you probably wanted to get chewed
out so you get us N players to look bad, but I've played both side by
side and Genesis makes me sick.
-Marty

Martin L. Drury

Dec 1, 1994, 9:35:52 PM12/1/94
ROY R MIRON (rr...@ns1.CC.Lehigh.EDU) wrote:
: In article <jmacdon1-2...@halifax-ts2-4.nstn.ca>, jmac...@fox.nstn.ns.c
JmacD, how do you get that idea that Nintendo has a faster processor.
I'm a Nintendo player, but without the FX chip in the games the Nintendo
processor is a little more than half the Sega's in speed, but the
Nintendo processor has a little over twice as fast cycle time. (in other
words, the Nintendo processor cycles much faster than the Sega processor.
-Marty

Knight Saber

Dec 2, 1994, 1:40:33 PM12/2/94

>> Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
>>: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
>>: colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
>>: for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

Are you calling me a queer?! Are you calling my friends queers?! Are you
calling all those little NINTENDO-maniacs queers?! How dare you; you must have
lots of nerves, girl.

About NINTENDO being slow and having less color, you can take that
back. You are one ignorant sega player.

"Sega is for real people", you said. Don't make me laugh. Only pros
play on NINTENDO. NINTENDO games like FinalFantasy, SuperMetroid, and Zelda
are not for anyone; it for the pros. These games require more than just
playing; they require critical thinking, strategies, and mapping.

"Sega has *adult* games", you said. This is for people who have to
resort to video games to enjoy some cheesy pornography. If I want to, I can
run down to the video stores and get me the real professional actions.

Laters...

-- KS

Cyclops McGinnis

Dec 2, 1994, 11:38:58 AM12/2/94

Um, hey guys, you know I really don't think Rebecca whatsherface is even subscribed to this group, so all you're saying is probably falling on deaf ears. It's time to move on.

Anne Eldredge Jim Eldredge

Dec 4, 1994, 1:10:41 AM12/4/94
: I hate to break it to you but super nintendo is way the fuck better
than genis. And why don't you think before you go posting this shit.
nintendo can put as many colors on screan as has. And further more you
will have more fun playing with yourself than you will playing with a
genis. So what about a date.

Stan Olson

Dec 4, 1994, 2:45:06 AM12/4/94
Rebecca Smith (rsmi...@ursa.calvin.edu) wrote:
: Why do you guys play nintendo? Are you queer or somethin? Sega has more
: colors, runs faster, has *adult* games and is just plain cool. Sega is
: for real people, not homosexual idiots. Get real, play it cool, play Sega.

Why do we play nintendo? Hmmm. Maybe it's because we can't stand the
grainy ass graphics in the Genesis. The SNES is 16bit sound, Sega's a
measly 8 bit. I think you hit the wrong group, I think you wanted
alt.games.video.sega.nolife.idiots.homosexual Try there and see if more
people give you a better response. What a waste of time!

Stan Olson | ----- DOOM ][ ----- |
P.O. Box 1122 | You've never done nothing till |
Champaign, Il. 61824-1122 | you've done DOOM ][!! |
U.S.A. | -------- |
-- | If you wanna play via modem or |
email:so...@prairienet.org | IHHD, email me. Thanks |
http://www.prairienet.org/~solso/ |---------------------------------|

John Lagerling

Dec 5, 1994, 6:45:00 PM12/5/94
Cyclops McGinnis (tat...@crockett1a.its.rpi.edu) wrote:

: --

: Um, hey guys, you know I really don't think
: Rebecca whatsherface is even subscribed to this group, so all you're
: saying is probably falling on deaf ears. It's time to move on.

Or atleast bring it to r.g.v.advocacy
- jla...@algonet.se - (John Lagerling) -
- Unregistered Version of Planet Earth <> Used 4 billion years -

GodZpeed X7

Feb 21, 2021, 3:28:11 AM2/21/21
On Monday, November 28, 1994 at 3:00:18 PM UTC-6, Rebecca Smith wrote:
> Why do you play Sega? Are you retarded or somethin? Sega has less
> colors, runs slower, has *kid* games and is just plain Shitty. Nintendo has more colors, run faster, has adult games and it’s much more color. Sega is
> for retarded furry faggot homosexual people, Nintendo is for real people. Get real, play it cool, play Nintendo.

Fire Striker

Feb 21, 2021, 3:38:34 AM2/21/21
On Monday, November 28, 1994 at 11:51:44 PM UTC-6, schroedinger's_experiment wrote:
It doesn’t depend on which game you're playing, the snes factually has better games and better graphics and more colors.
> No
Mode 7 isn’t hype. From a programming point of view it's VERY special. It isn’t like "blast processing".
How about you get a life and he isn’t hebshit
> -- Andrew Beckwith
> alt.usenet.kooks

Fire Striker

Feb 21, 2021, 3:42:48 AM2/21/21
On Monday, November 28, 1994 at 10:34:37 PM UTC-6, @William Loguidice
> All of what the SNES guy is true.

THE SNES DOES have a faster processor than the Genesis. The Genesis' processor doesn’t go twice as fast.

And no(and these days perhaps resulted is a better word) SNES games have better control than Genesis games.

So no programmers have developed snes games perfectly and the SNES doesn’t have a sluggish processor, and the fact remains.

As for Sega not doing mode 7, NOBODY say that's a good thing. In many ways this exciting special effect has NOT abused and NEVER ruined any games, and Stanley Cup Hockey was awesome for snes. False, Sega games have NO special effects similar to what the SNES can do. Genesis can’t do special effects

It’s NOT in the matter of knowing the system (SNES is known quite well by programmers and many special features and workarounds have been achieved) and at this point the SNES system is at the height of its powers (The SNES has infinite power. For most people, owning the SNES is (and perhaps still is) the best way to go as the SNES offer it’s advantages compared to Sega.
> >>Bill Loguidice<<

Fire Striker

Feb 21, 2021, 3:45:09 AM2/21/21
On Tuesday, November 29, 1994 at 5:03:42 PM UTC-6, Peter Laviniere wrote:
> I won't flame anyone, but simply say that SNES has:
> 1) more colors (many more).
> 2) greater variety of games
> 3) better sound by far (compare MK2 on both, biggg difference)
> SNES also has:
> 1) faster cpu
> 2) Better sports games
> 3) No Shitty add ons (Thank god)
Genesis has no good games.

cbusylol

Mar 21, 2021, 11:30:41 PM3/21/21
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 1:42:48 AM UTC-7, Fire Striker wrote:

> As for Sega not doing mode 7, NOBODY say that's a good thing. In many ways this exciting special effect has NOT abused and NEVER ruined any games, and Stanley Cup Hockey was awesome for snes. False, Sega games have NO special effects similar to what the SNES can do. Genesis can’t do special effects

You should check out Batman and Robin for the Genesis for some of the best looking graphics on that console, even of the 16 bit generation of consoles. Never seen anything on the SNES as impressive, including those FX chip games that really actually just looked like low FPS dogshit. There is definitely an 'effect' going on with how they designed the side scrolling. It was truly a remarkable perspective mapping technique that the Genesis achieved that even earlier PSX and Saturn 2d platformers / 3D rendered games would be doing years later. Here's a timestamped playthrough video on a level that looks especially amazing

https://youtu.be/EDaIlrfxRnE?t=1233

Calling out the Genesis for not capable of having 'effects' is not fair- the 16 bit market was so saturated with crap that the status quo of development meant no one was willing to spend time or money to really utilize the hardware that talented development could possibly get to.