N64 makes me dizzy - literally!

N64.Saturn.PSX

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

The only time that happens to me, is when I watch
somebody plat Doom 64 or Turok. I have yet to have that problem when I
am playing the games though.

My 2 cents...

CastleVania-Metroid-Tekken-Mortal Kombat
Zelda--Mario-CrashBandicoot-Doom-Hexen
Turok-StreetFighter-KillerInstinct-SOTE
ResidentEvil-Lufia-PrimalRage-
DragonWarrior-VirtuaFighter
Kenner/HASBRO-POTF 2

Kevin Gamache

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

In article <01bcee4d$cba657a0$a3d87e82@granite>, "Charles Miller Jr."
<cwmil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Me too as far as golden eye. The way I stopped it was to make the game run
> in wide screen mode in the options.
>
> Wayne Francis <wayne....@aspect.com.au> wrote in article
> <01bcee48$252ea080$890106c0@kirkg>...
> > Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
> >
> > Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get
> > wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> > turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
> >
> > To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing
> Goldeneye,
> > the headspins are definitely not as bad).

You all guys are wimpy! If you can play marathon, quake, Duke Nukem, etc.
Then there are no different between those games and Goldeneye 007. Please
think before you say something about shooting games.

Adrian Price

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

In article <19971111070...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
drco...@aol.com (DrConsole) wrote:

> Wayne Francis wrote:
>
> > Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
> >
> > Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get
> > wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> > turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
> >
> > To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing Goldeneye,
> > the headspins are definitely not as bad).
>

> Your dizziness is caused by the game's low frame rate.

No, I don't think so. Actually, Goldeneye and Mario Kart have very high
fram rates, but some other N64 titles do not. Doom 64 made my head spin, I
nearly puked and it gave me a headache (but, then again, l get sea sick in
the shower... :)

--
Adrian
adr...@earthlink.net

Wayne Francis

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

Charles Miller Jr.

DrConsole

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

Wayne Francis wrote:

> Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
>
> Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get
> wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
>
> To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing Goldeneye,
> the headspins are definitely not as bad).

Your dizziness is caused by the game's low frame rate.

kwarlord

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

DrConsole <drco...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19971111070...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

Ah there's the problem! an AOL address. no wonder....

Kyle...just Kyle

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

James Demastus wrote in message <649sh9$q...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
>You're epillectic or something

That's a rather quick judgement. I've known several people who get dizzy
playing 3D games ( and especially shooters ). The constant shifting of the
camera angles is part of the problem. Your eyes see change, but your ears
don't feel it.

Amaury Acosta

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

Wayne Francis <wayne....@aspect.com.au> wrote in article
> 01bcee48$252ea080$890106c0@kirkg>...
> Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
>
> Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get
> wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
>
> To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing
> Goldeneye,
> the headspins are definitely not as bad).

Combination of 2 things are at fault here, the most important being
low framerate. The other is the blurrying of the textures when you get
up close caused by mipmapping. Solution: Games need to run at 640/480 to
reduce that blurrying effect and run at least a consistent 30fps. That's
pushing the N64 to the max, especially first person shooters that have a
wider field of view vs. say a football game, like Acclaim's QBC that
runs in high res. But I guess if you did that to a still incredible game
like Goldeneye, you would have to throw out its advanced AI, which QBC
98 doesn't have. That 92.3 mhz CPU in the N64 has its limits.

King Jeff

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

Kevin Gamache wrote:

> In article <01bcee4d$cba657a0$a3d87e82@granite>, "Charles Miller Jr."
> <cwmil...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Me too as far as golden eye. The way I stopped it was to make the game run
> > in wide screen mode in the options.
> >
> > Wayne Francis <wayne....@aspect.com.au> wrote in article
> > <01bcee48$252ea080$890106c0@kirkg>...
> > > Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
> > >
> > > Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get
> > > wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> > > turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
> > >
> > > To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing
> > Goldeneye,
> > > the headspins are definitely not as bad).
> > >

> You all guys are wimpy! If you can play marathon, quake, Duke Nukem, etc.
> Then there are no different between those games and Goldeneye 007. Please
> think before you say something about shooting games.

Yes, there is. You play GE on a much larger set (usually), sometimes
with surround sound, and there's more blurring and visual effects. i.e.
the game looks more realistic (technically speaking) than Marathon
(awesome game), Quake, or Duke. It's never happened to me, but I can
see how it might happen.

--
-jeff

------------------

"Do you hear that noise coming from the engine?"
"Oh, that's because the radio's not turned up high enough."

It has been said that if you put a million monkeys in a room typing on
a million typewriters, they would eventually produce humanity's greatest
works of literature. With the advent of the Internet, this has been
proven false.

Adrian Price

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

In article <01bcee78$370fcd80$a3d87e82@granite>, "Charles Miller Jr."
<cwmil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin, you are stupid. Plain and mother fooking simple.
> Differences between Quake and GE. Quake runs at a MUCH higher Frame Rate.
> It also does not have blur up close causing some eyes to not be able to
> adjust to it, yet keep trying. Etc etc etc. So, unless you pull something
> intellegent out of your ass I suggest you keep your hand on your dick.
>
> Kevin Gamache <aslp...@ez-access.com> wrote in article
> <aslpride-ya0240800...@207.126.101.81>...

> > You all guys are wimpy! If you can play marathon, quake, Duke Nukem, etc.
> > Then there are no different between those games and Goldeneye 007. Please
> > think before you say something about shooting games.

Believe me, I amnot defending Kevin here, I agree that he is an idiot. But
GoldenEye runs at a very reasonable frame rate, and there is very little
blur close-up, due to built-in hardware of the N64. That is all I have to
say on the matter.... so far.

--
Adrian
adr...@earthlink.net

Naz Reyes

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

I won't judge people about this one but I'll have to say that this 3D
gaming thing NEVER made me dizzy. The only thing it did to me the very
FIRST time I played it (Mario 64) was it made me feel lightheaded. It
was the type of feeling like I was in some kind of a trance.

The only reason I could think of why people get dizzy about 3D games is
that they CONCENTRATE too much on the screen. Sometimes, you need to
keep "shifting" your eyes and look around the screen instead of focusing
on one object or area.

-Naz

Charles Miller Jr.

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

James Demastus

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

You're epillectic or something

Torajima

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

> Your dizziness is caused by the game's low frame rate.

Not necessarily. Some people get motion sickness when playing games with a
first person viewpoint, regardless of framerate.

And what affects one person may not affect another. For instance, the
choppy scrolling in FF7 made me dizzy, and after long periods of time gave
me a headache. But I haven't heard anyone else make this complaint.

Torajima

Werckman

Nov 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/12/97

I get dizzy too.Especially Turok.

kwarlord

Nov 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/12/97

Werckman <werc...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19971112031...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
| I get dizzy too.Especially Turok.

Try changing the camera angle to one that suits you best. a first-person
perspective usually works on these games.

---
Hey! You forgot the Power Glove! AHAHAHA! - Freddy Kruegar, Freddy's Dead

please visit my website at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/3726/index.html
you'll be glad you did. :-)
---

Carl

Nov 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/12/97

Kevin Gamache wrote:

> > > wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> > > turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
> > >
> > > To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing
> > Goldeneye,

Me and my sister have the same problem with Mario64, especially on a
bigger TV.

ADevil

Nov 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/12/97

In article <01bcee48$252ea080$890106c0@kirkg>, "Wayne Francis"
<wayne....@aspect.com.au> wrote:

> Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
>
> Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get

> wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
>
> To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing Goldeneye,

> the headspins are definitely not as bad).

Just keep playing. For the first couple of days I couldn't play
Goldeneye for more than 40 minutes before feeling ill. Now I can play
non-stop for hours until my thumb gets sore. You just have to get used to
it.

Kevin Gamache

Nov 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/14/97

<wayne....@aspect.com.au> wrote:

> Is it just me or does the N64 make peoples head spin.
>
> Especially Goldeneye, I can only play that for 5-10 minutes then I get
> wicked head spins and have to stop. It is obviously the twisting and
> turning the viewer does but it certainly has an nauseating effect on me.
>
> To a lesser degree, Mario Kart does it aswell (but after playing Goldeneye,
> the headspins are definitely not as bad).

Umm, didn't I remmy this message four day ago? Yes, and you are idiot to
looking for other same flame war. Everyone are not interesting in your
flame subject. Try think of something else!

Kevin Gamache

Nov 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/14/97

In article <01bcf0e2$d3758220$a3d87e82@granite>, "Charles Miller Jr."
<cwmil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin, once again I reitterate..... You are stupid, plain and mother
> fooking simple.
> None said Quake was a better game. I think GE is better as far as a game,
> but Quake has a higher frame rate and graphical detail (3Dfx) than GE will
> ever have. The frame rate and blur was the blame of GE sickness, and you
> said that quake was worse, when indeed, even without a accelerrator, quake
> runs faster and has no blur.
>
> So, blur and frame rate was to blame, and you give no counter arguement to
> defend otherwise. Thanks dumbass..... <sigh>
>
> Damn, you are stupid.....
You are repeat the flame message. Everyone know you are stupid and plain
idiotic. Because it take you four days to decide what to say to me. DUH! Is
your brain fuction alright? And I didn't say that Quake are blur. I say
that graphic are SUCK in Quake. Everything are dots!!! It just the game
that I cannot stand to play whole game. Please read my message again! So
you are the dumbass, stupid, idiotic, nobrainer, and a person who looking
for attention. Please keep your profile low before you get yourself into
the embarrass moment.

Charles Miller Jr.

Nov 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/14/97

Man, you are hard to flame.... once you get done making an ass of yourself
there is hardly anything left to flame.

Kevin Gamache <aslp...@ez-access.com> wrote in article
<aslpride-ya0240800...@207.126.101.81>...

> In article <01bcf0e2$d3758220$a3d87e82@granite>, "Charles Miller Jr."
> <cwmil...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You are repeat the flame message.

Huh?

> Everyone know you are stupid and plain idiotic.

Why's that?

> Because it take you four days to decide what to say to me.

Oh. Hey, maybe you should take a day or two to think up your posts
likewise. I mean, at least try to make sense. This isn't a race buddy,
it's a flame war. The more time you spend on it the better....

> DUH!

DER!

> Is your brain fuction alright?

Yeah, I mean, you said GE's frame rate and blurriness is not the problem
because Quake doesn't make people sick. Well, first I say, Quake has a
higher frame rate and less blur on 3Dfx and even without it has a higher
frame rate and no blur. And you say it doesn't matter becase Quake sucks.
Ah.... peanut.

> And I didn't say that Quake are blur. I say
> that graphic are SUCK in Quake. Everything are dots!!!

You, son, aren't playing it in high res and certainly not on a 3Dfx,

> It just the game that I cannot stand to play whole game.

Fine, you don't like the game running on your 386, who cares? We aren't
even debating Quake, we are talking about motion sickness from GE. Of
which, you have abandoned any resemblance of a debate on.

> Please read my message again!

NO! IT HURTS TO READ YOUR MESSAGES. I mean, if you wrote them in all caps
it wouldn't make them any worse they are so bad.

> So
> you are the dumbass, stupid, idiotic, nobrainer, and a person who looking
> for attention. Please keep your profile low before you get yourself into
> the embarrass moment.

Hey, I thought the "Embarrass Moment" was a hip club daddyo! High profile
and all m'man. Dude, please give me something at least resembling a well
thought out comeback.... or I'll have ta'gaffel ya.

Kevin Gamache

Nov 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/14/97

Geez! I am not using damn IBM! I am using Macintosh and using best res pix.
And I never complain about speed on this Quake program. All I can say is
Goldeneye 007 graphic are much better than Quake. And I check the Goldeneye
007 game and looking for the blur from that game and I think I found the
problem, it is your eye! There is nothing wrong with the picture and it had
great details and sharp graphic shapes that I can see where I am going. And
I have been here for long enough that you are playstation where you should
stay there! I personal never went there to bother your favorite system.
Because I knew from my mind that Playstation are stink and not worth to
buy. Since you need to come here to defend your system. How idiot you are.
I don't need to go your playstation newsgroup to flame your system. If you
know that N64 is stink then leave this newsgroup alone. That mean you know
that N64 system are the best and you need to come here and bashing our
newsgroup to make you feel better. But that will not work! And I see from
your message to me. Seem that you are trying to make me angry over your
message. Which I think you are the stupid one. How can you change what I
like to your like? And my final comment to you, save your time to typing
flame message. Go to your room and enjoy with your Playstation. Your flame
message will not help improve your success change our favorite N64 to your
lousy Playstation. N64 will last longer than Playstation. Sony only make
this system for profit only not for future improving. If you like
Playstation, that is fine. I have no object but you come here and bother
us. So we have to waste our time to talk with someone like you! So all I am
asking you that you leave us alone. Thank you.

Charles Miller Jr.

Nov 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/15/97

Kevin Gamache <aslp...@ez-access.com> wrote in article
<aslpride-ya0240800...@207.126.101.81>...

Damn, you could have let it soak in and thought about it, but you
didn't..... <sigh>

> Geez! I am not using damn IBM! I am using Macintosh and using best res
pix.

Um, point?

> And I never complain about speed on this Quake program. All I can say is
> Goldeneye 007 graphic are much better than Quake.

Um, but Kevin, this is where you go round and round like a dog chasing it's
tail....
Quake's graphics have NO BLUR or a low frame rate. Both of which were
targetted as causes for the dissiness. You still don't get it huh, Skippy?

> And I check the Goldeneye
> 007 game and looking for the blur from that game and I think I found the
> problem, it is your eye!

<sigh> I OWN GOLDEN EYE. It has blur and a low frame rate. It is still
the best game I own I think, but I'm not going to be a tard like you and
deny it's shortcomings.

> There is nothing wrong with the picture and it had
> great details and sharp graphic shapes that I can see where I am going.

I think you can see where you are going, but sharp graphics? Maybe I'm
just spolied or something but 320X200 is no sharp.

> And
> I have been here for long enough that you are playstation where you
should
> stay there!

Sht, I "are playstation". I guess I are Nintendo too since I own 4 NESes,
2 gameboys, a SNES, and an....... N64!!!! Dipsht. <sigh>

> I personal never went there to bother your favorite system.

Yes you do. I see your dumb ass bothering my favorite system all the time.
In fact, you have been in this thread. My fav is the N64.

> Because I knew from my mind that Playstation are stink and not worth to
> buy. Since you need to come here to defend your system. How idiot you
are.

Damn, I guess a two system non-biased owner doesn't fit in your ignorant
pardigm. <sigh> How idiot you are.

> I don't need to go your playstation newsgroup to flame your system. If
you
> know that N64 is stink then leave this newsgroup alone. That mean you
know
> that N64 system are the best and you need to come here and bashing our
> newsgroup to make you feel better.

Hehehe, once again, Corky, you are stupid. Plain and mother fooking
simple. I own an N64 and play it more than my PSX. Why? Golden Eye. I
don't come here "bashing" your system, moron. I come here and read about
my system. And I also am not afraid to say what is wrong with it. It not
make me feel better. And, dumby, how does this even have to do with GE?
You blow things way out of proportion.

> But that will not work!

Yeah, coming here bashing the N64 would most likely not make me feel
better. :)

> And I see from your message to me.

See what, Corky?

> Seem that you are trying to make me angry over your message.

Good job. Want a cookie?

> Which I think you are the stupid one.

Which I think you are the stupid one.

> How can you change what I like to your like?

Why? You already are ignorantly in love with your N64. I like my N64
too.... so, what the HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?

> And my final comment to you, save your time to typing
> flame message.

Ah, after bait like yours? How could I dissapoint you.

> Go to your room and enjoy with your Playstation.

Nah, I'm playing Mario 64 right now, but thanks for the suggestion.

> Your flame
> message will not help improve your success change our favorite N64 to
your
> lousy Playstation.

What is this ignorant... "our" "your" sht? Moron.

> N64 will last longer than Playstation.

Dude, I think you need to lay off the psycic friend network......

> Sony only make
> this system for profit only not for future improving.

Um.... and... this differes from the N64 in what way?

> If you like Playstation, that is fine.

Can I PLEASE like "your" system too? Please Please Please?

> I have no object but you come here and bother us.

Dude, I'm begining to think the little voices in your head bother you.....

> So we have to waste our time to talk with someone like you! So all I am
> asking you that you leave us alone. Thank you.

"us", my mentally challenged friend, is me and you.

Get over it or change your diaper.

Kevin Gamache

Nov 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/17/97

Alright, you have N64 and you are complain! So you are one who are stupid
that you bought Goldeneye 007 and bashing it. Why not don't you get rid of
your Nintendo systems since you complain about it almost daily. So you are
the one who wasted your money to buy them and coming to this newsgroup and
complain with little pointless subject. If you don't like some of them then
keep them yourself. This newsgroup are not for confess room. To save the
space in newsgroup that we all shut up, include you. And have fun what we
have around this world. Try get best out of it until we all die.

Charles Miller Jr.

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Oi Vay you are a winner boy!
So you are trying to tell me that the system I like the most was a waste
of money? Come on man, go back to the PSX group you troll.
Kevin, give it up. You have nothing to work with here. GE is my favorite
game because of gameplay etc. It's graphics are pretty good, despite the
slow down and blur. It is fun you moron.
Kevin, you are sooooooooo fucking stupid it is not even funny.
Me saying GE has a slow frame rate and blur is not bashing, it is a fucking
fact.
Look at the title of this thread. You are the idiot who felt that he
could change his own diaper, so why not tackle harder tasks like
extroplation.

The fact remains:
GE dizzieness was blamed on low frame rate and blur.

You offered not debutle to this at all. At least I can say that I don't
think it is the frame rate or blur, but is the constant swaying of the
camera. See, it is out of sync with the movement of your head. That, to
me, seems like the exact reason you would get "sea sick" playing this game.

So, Kevin, go get back in bed and wank it to your Nintendo Power and HOPE
your mom DOES walk in so she can offer you a towel to clean up.

Kevin Gamache <aslp...@ez-access.com> wrote in article
<aslpride-ya0240800...@207.126.101.81>...

Kevin Gamache

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

In article <01bcf3e2$c6df1b40$a3d87e82@granite>, "Charles Miller Jr."
<cwmil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin, give it up.

Why are you keep telling me to give it up? I love my Nintendo and I love
Goldeneye 007 and it never make me dizzieness. Maybe I don't get dizzieness
because I get use it cuz I did beat Mario 64 with 120 star, Turok in Hard
level without cheat mode, and almost done with Pliotwing 64. So I play with
them almost dialy to learn how to look at the screen. If you look on object
same time you turning around. You will get dizzy big time but if you look
at middle of screen and turning around. You will not get dizzy.

You have nothing to work with here. GE is my favorite
> game because of gameplay etc. It's graphics are pretty good, despite the
> slow down and blur. It is fun you moron.
> Kevin, you are sooooooooo fucking stupid it is not even funny.
> Me saying GE has a slow frame rate and blur is not bashing, it is a fucking
> fact.

If you like it then shut up. Have pride in it!

> Look at the title of this thread. You are the idiot who felt that he
> could change his own diaper, so why not tackle harder tasks like
> extroplation.

Oh pulease, I am way past ahead of those things!

> The fact remains:
> GE dizzieness was blamed on low frame rate and blur.

If it stand the fact then....

If you keep looking at object and turning around, you will get dizzy.

If you keep your eyes on middle screen while turning, you will not get dizzy.

Accept this fact? I think it is fair.

> You offered not debutle to this at all. At least I can say that
I don't
> think it is the frame rate or blur, but is the constant swaying of the
> camera. See, it is out of sync with the movement of your head. That, to
> me, seems like the exact reason you would get "sea sick" playing this game.

Look above for answer

> So, Kevin, go get back in bed and wank it to your Nintendo Power
and HOPE
> your mom DOES walk in so she can offer you a towel to clean up.

Maybe you are the one who need it. =-)

Until next time!!! CIAO! =-D

Kyle...just Kyle

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Kevin Gamache wrote in message ...

>> The fact remains:
>> GE dizzieness was blamed on low frame rate and blur.
>
>If it stand the fact then....
>
>If you keep looking at object and turning around, you will get dizzy.
>
>If you keep your eyes on middle screen while turning, you will not get
dizzy.

>Accept this fact? I think it is fair.

It's not as simple as that Kevin. Just because YOU don't get dizzy doesn't
mean EVERYONE doesn't get dizzy. What you stated is not fact, rather it's
how YOUR body responds.

Gary Melchior

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Kevin Gamache wrote:

> In article <64t143$sbh$1...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>, "Kyle...just Kyle"

> Right, that why I set two fact not one. One fact for people who get dizzy,
> and other fact for people who don't get dizzy. So it is equal fact. I
> accept it because I understand different between two fact. I don't get
> dizzy, that is one fact. You do get dizzy, that is one fact. So there will
> not be one fact this time. This one is something that everyone will agree.
> I am not saying that you are liar that you get dizzy everytime you play
> N64. It depend on people's way of playing the games.

Do you know what a fact is???? I don't think so.
This is a dumb thread anyways, so end it. Some people get dizzy, some
don't (myself included) who cares?

Kevin Gamache

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

Kevin Gamache

Nov 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/18/97

In article
<Pine.A41.3.96a.97111...@dante07.u.washington.edu>, Gary
Melchior <gme...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Kevin Gamache wrote:
>

> Do you know what a fact is???? I don't think so.
> This is a dumb thread anyways, so end it. Some people get dizzy, some
> don't (myself included) who cares?

Tell that to Charles Miller!

Kevin Gamache

Nov 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/21/97

> Consumers have a legitimate right to complain. If consumers never
> complained then companies would have no incentive to produce quality goods.
> But the prevailing attitude amongst N64 drones is that all Nintendo products
> should be accepted and loved without question, even if it's War Gods.
>
> Video game newsgroups are for discussing video games. As such this thread
> is perfectly on topic. If you have a problem with that why don't you leave
> this newsgroup or shut up?

Well, I like discuss the Nintendo games to improve better games. I agree
with you but since in this newsgroup, I see is...

F*CK GOLDENEYE 007, LOUSY FRAME SPEED, MAKE ME SH*T DIZZY.
Plus other message.

Is that help to improve the games? I don't think so. We can discuss in nice
way. Beside you know that if you send awful complain to N64. They will just
put the letter in trash. And move on. But they will listen to serious
complain with nice describe why the game need to be improve. That will help
the N64 company. But you know that 75% of message in this newsgroup are way
to the trash! I like to discuss about each game but I will screw someone
who screwing with bad language to games. So if anyone want to complain
about N64. Send to N64 HQ not around here in newsgroup cuz N64 employment
will not be here to listen the complain. Why because this room is not exist
to them!

Kyle...just Kyle

Nov 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/21/97

Kevin Gamache wrote in message ...

>Alright, you have N64 and you are complain! So you are one who are stupid
>that you bought Goldeneye 007 and bashing it. Why not don't you get rid of

>your Nintendo systems since you complain about it almost daily. So you are

>the one who wasted your money to buy them and coming to this newsgroup and
>complain with little pointless subject. If you don't like some of them then
>keep them yourself. This newsgroup are not for confess room. To save the
>space in newsgroup that we all shut up, include you. And have fun what we
>have around this world. Try get best out of it until we all die.

Consumers have a legitimate right to complain. If consumers never

Kyle...just Kyle

Nov 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/21/97

Kevin Gamache wrote in message ...

>> Consumers have a legitimate right to complain. If consumers never
>> complained then companies would have no incentive to produce quality
goods.
>> But the prevailing attitude amongst N64 drones is that all Nintendo
products
>> should be accepted and loved without question, even if it's War Gods.
>>
>> Video game newsgroups are for discussing video games. As such this
thread
>> is perfectly on topic. If you have a problem with that why don't you
leave
>> this newsgroup or shut up?
>

>Well, I like discuss the Nintendo games to improve better games. I agree
>with you but since in this newsgroup, I see is...
>
>F*CK GOLDENEYE 007, LOUSY FRAME SPEED, MAKE ME SH*T DIZZY.
>Plus other message.
>
>Is that help to improve the games? I don't think so. We can discuss in nice
>way. Beside you know that if you send awful complain to N64. They will just
>put the letter in trash. And move on. But they will listen to serious
>complain with nice describe why the game need to be improve. That will help
>the N64 company. But you know that 75% of message in this newsgroup are way
>to the trash! I like to discuss about each game but I will screw someone
>who screwing with bad language to games. So if anyone want to complain
>about N64. Send to N64 HQ not around here in newsgroup cuz N64 employment
>will not be here to listen the complain. Why because this room is not exist
>to them!

Well, all newsgroups are mostly crap. If you're willing to dross out the
messages then you'll see the intelligent posts. You can always IGNORE what
you don't like.

Bill Callahan

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Per your request!

A little while back, I was browsing these newsgroups, just like you are
now,and came across an article similar to this that said you could make
thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00!
So
I thought," Yeah, right, this must be a scam",but like most of us, I was
curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to
each of the 6 names and addresses stated in the article. You then place
your
own name and address in the bottom of the list at # 6, and post the article
in
at least 200 newsgroups.(There are thousands) No catch, thats it. The main
difference between this system and others is that you have a mailing list of
6
instead of 5...This means that your average gain will be app. 15 times
higher!!!
So after thinking it over, and talking to a few people first, I thought
about trying it. I figured what have i got to lose except 6 stamps and $
6.00 right?
Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the
legal aspects of it all. So I checked out the U.S. Post
Office(1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal!
Then I invested the measley $ 6.00..........
Well GUESS WHAT!!!... within 7 days, I started getting money in the
mail! I was shocked! I still figured it would end soon, and didn't give it
second thought. But the money just kept coming in. In my first week, I
made
about $20.00. By the end of the second week I had made a total of over
$1,000.00!!!!!! In the third week i had over $ 10,000.00 and it's
growing. This is now my fourth week and i have made a total of just over
$42,000.00 and it's still coming in rapidly...
It's certainly worth $ 6.00, and 6 stamps, I spent more than that on
the lottery!!!!
Let me tell you how this works and most importantly, why it
works...also, make sure you print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get
the
information off of it as you need it. The process is very simple and
consists of 3
easy steps:
STEP 1: Get 6 seperate pieces of paper and write the following on each
piece of paper"PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST" Now get 6 US $ 1.00
bills (or equivalent in your local currency) and place ONE inside EACH of
the 6
pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen though the envelope to prevent
thievery.
Next place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and seal them. You
should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the
above phrase, you name and address, and a $ 1.00 bill. What you are doing
is creating a service by this. THIS IS ABSOLUTLEY LEGAL!
Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:
#1 Bill Callahan
1212 Cachelin Dr.
Carter Lake,IA

#2 D. Walker
22601 Fire Thorn Circle
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
USA

#3 Allen E. Murray
23428 55th AVE SO
Kent, WA 98032
USA

#4 T. Shelton
8430 Waldrip RD
Gainesville, GA 30506
USA

#5 T. Williams
1375 Dean Street
Brooklyn, NY 11216

#6 A. Abuelouf
150 Mass. Ave. Box 883
Boston, MA 02115

tomto...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2015, 10:25:06 PM6/24/15
On Tuesday, November 18, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Gary Melchior wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Kevin Gamache wrote:
>
> > In article <64t143$sbh$1...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>, "Kyle...just Kyle"
> > <hy...@columbia.edu> wrote:

> > > dizzy.

> > > It's not as simple as that Kevin. Just because YOU don't get dizzy doesn't
> > > mean EVERYONE doesn't get dizzy. What you stated is not fact, rather it's
> > > how YOUR body responds.
> >
> > Right, that why I set two fact not one. One fact for people who get dizzy,
> > and other fact for people who don't get dizzy. So it is equal fact. I
> > accept it because I understand different between two fact. I don't get
> > dizzy, that is one fact. You do get dizzy, that is one fact. So there will
> > not be one fact this time. This one is something that everyone will agree.
> > I am not saying that you are liar that you get dizzy everytime you play
> > N64. It depend on people's way of playing the games.
> >

> Do you know what a fact is???? I don't think so.
> This is a dumb thread anyways, so end it. Some people get dizzy, some
> don't (myself included) who cares?

Soon n64 will have a hdmi plug maybe that will help with dizziness

patrickl...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2015, 12:40:31 AM7/28/15
These people are 18 years into the past. They don't know what HDMI plug is because it hasn't even been invented yet.