Jaguar Sucks BIGTIME!!!!

PHUN...@delphi.com

Nov 23, 1993, 8:26:02 PM11/23/93
You Jaguar worshippers are complete idiots. Face it - the Jaguar sucks!!!
Atari sucks!!! The Jaguar is NOT a 64 bit machine. Anyone with any brains
knows that the Jaguar is not 64 bit. However, Jaguar worshippers have no
brains, which explains why they believe Atari's 64 bit lie. Go and play
the Jaguar fools. The graphics are barely better than Super Nintendo, and
FAR inferior to 3DO. Let me put it this way - if the Jaguar is 64 bit,
then Atari must have the STUPIDEST programmers in the world - because the
games look like 16 bit games! The average IQ of an Atarian must be less
than 80. I cannot comprehend how any human being could be so stupid as
to support Atari products. Don't you understand that Atari has absolute
COMTEMPT for the consumer? Atari thinks you are stupid. Why do you think
Atari said the Lynx had 32 bit sound? Atari thinks you are so stupid that
you will believe the Lynx has 32 bit sound. Atari thinks you are so stupid
that you will believe the Jaguar is 64 bit. The CPU of the Jaguar is the
68000! Listen idiots, Cybermorph was written in 68000 code. Now if the
68000 controls the joystick only, then how could you write a game in 68000
code? What incredible idiots you ATarians are! What I find hilarious is
how some people worship the Jaguar so blindly that they cannot believe
ANYTHING negative about it. Anytime these Jaguar worshippers hear
something negative about their precious Jaguar god, they start to froth
at the mouth. Fools like Robert Jung, Jim Thornhill, and Chris Millar
would probably give their life for the Jaguar. Don't you understand
that the Jaguar is going to be a disaster? How many people are stupid
enough to buy a 250 buck machine that is not much better than SNES and
which has far fewer games? You Jaguar worshippers should understand that
not everyone is as stupid as you are. Death to the Jaguar!!! Death to
Atari!!!

Douglas Bell

Nov 23, 1993, 8:46:09 PM11/23/93

Please, people. I don't think that there is any need to follow up to
this posting.

Dave_...@vos.stratus.com

Nov 23, 1993, 8:50:50 PM11/23/93
In article <931123.735...@delphi.com> PHUN...@delphi.com wrote:
> [tons of spew]

Fine. Whatever you say.. Please, folks, just ignore this. My kill file for
this group is big enough already.

Some poor freshman probably forgot to log hirself out and some other stupid
freshman thought it'd be funny to see the how much noise this would generate.

Also, just out of curiosity, have any 3DO owners gotten a Jaguar yet? I'd be
interested in seeing some posts from people who have both.. Gonna be a month
or so before I get a Jag to sit next to my 3DO. :)
-Dave

Brian Hostetler

Nov 23, 1993, 9:01:20 PM11/23/93
In article <2cued1$1...@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>,
Douglas Bell <do...@viper.ELP.CWRU.Edu> wrote:

>PHUN...@delphi.com wrote:
>>You Jaguar worshippers are complete idiots. Face it - the Jaguar sucks!!!
>>Atari sucks!!! The Jaguar is NOT a 64 bit machine. Anyone with any brains
>>not everyone is as stupid as you are. Death to the Jaguar!!! Death to
>>Atari!!!
>Please, people. I don't think that there is any need to follow up to
>this posting.

Well, maybe this:

/PHUN...@delphi.com/h:j

--
Brian

sex = differentiation = death
bhos...@indiana.edu bhos...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu

Kenton P. Zinn

Nov 23, 1993, 11:45:23 PM11/23/93

It seems to me that you are just trying to get attention, if you think Atari
sucks then fuck you, leave , go talk about something else...

Cybermorph is one of the FIRST games for the system..give it time...you are
obviously either a 3do owner or lover...so there goes the unbiased speech...

As with any system that is launched, they have potential...and if you dont
think it will become a success, well lets just say Ill remember your email
address and remind you what your IQ is ...by the post you proved it to be
around 91 (and thats generous)....

If Atari sucked that bad, they wouldnt even be around period...but theyre
doing something right...

'I had to address this loser'

ATARI WILL DOMINATE!

SAM_...@delphi.com

Nov 24, 1993, 12:18:52 AM11/24/93
Hey Dave! You found the Usenet stuff, huh? Hee Hee. You sound like
you are still pissed that the 3DO you bought really sucked! But cheer
up! There is always Shelly Duvalls Birds Life! Congradulations!

===========> s...@delphi.com

Hermann Samso

Nov 24, 1993, 11:18:07 AM11/24/93
PHUN...@delphi.com wrote a lot of shitty CRAP about atarians and the Jaguar:

I feel as if this guy were being paid by Japan government
to keep the big market the have managed in the West countries...
;-)
hey just a joke! (or not...?)

| The SpaceWalker . * _@ . .|
|Walkin' thru Cyberspace..... . o . </\_ o * |
|..aahhh! at home at last!!! . ~\/\ ' o|
|->s_s...@iravcl.ira.uka.de o . / . * |
+----------------------------------------`----------+

Roy G. Bivins

Nov 24, 1993, 11:24:17 AM11/24/93
k...@po.CWRU.Edu (Kenton P. Zinn) writes:

>It seems to me that you are just trying to get attention, if you think Atari
>sucks then fuck you, leave , go talk about something else...

>If Atari sucked that bad, they wouldnt even be around period...but theyre
>doing something right...

Sit down, nimrod. The only reason atari's still around is because
of the mega-bucks they made from their past system, the 2600.
if YOU were a depraved multi-million dollar company, you'd probably
still be here to annoy us too.

>'I had to address this loser'

As did I.

>ATARI WILL DOMINATE!

atari DID dominate. that time has come and gone.

Kevin Haley

Nov 24, 1993, 1:26:39 PM11/24/93
sp...@u.washington.edu (Roy G. Bivins) writes:

>k...@po.CWRU.Edu (Kenton P. Zinn) writes:

>>It seems to me that you are just trying to get attention, if you think Atari
>>sucks then fuck you, leave , go talk about something else...

>>If Atari sucked that bad, they wouldnt even be around period...but theyre
>>doing something right...

> Sit down, nimrod. The only reason atari's still around is because
>of the mega-bucks they made from their past system, the 2600.
>if YOU were a depraved multi-million dollar company, you'd probably
>still be here to annoy us too.

Atari is a business... just like anything else out there. And as such,
their prime objective is to make money. If they were not making money,
they would no longer be around. So I really wouldn't say that they are
still around to 'annoy us', they are still around to make money. And if
Atari still has the capital to crank out products, and there are consumers
that buy Atari products and are happy with them, fine. If there are
enthusiastic people loyal to Atari, what harm does it do? If they
are happy, then let them be that way. Why rain on their parade?

You must admit that very few other companies have such a loyal and
enthusiastic following as Atari. Maybe because of the nostalgia
associated with its systems, maybe because it's up against foreign
competitors, maybe because it has the resilience to stick around...
who knows?

>>'I had to address this loser'

> As did I.

Ditto. ;)

>>ATARI WILL DOMINATE!

> atari DID dominate. that time has come and gone.

Atari has been around for a long time, and as long as it has people
buying its products, it will continue to be around.

Kenton P. Zinn

Nov 24, 1993, 1:49:04 PM11/24/93

Atari came and went....and now it is coming back again, and I think is here
to stay for quite sometime...at least until this earth is cleared of EVIL..

(hehe montrous bass voice)

If the 2600 can sell when it did...you know this machine will, as most of the
average joes on the street will jump the 64 bit bandwagon, because they think
it can do more than any other system (in some cases theyre right) everyone
wants the MOST POWERFUL FOR THE BUCK...it'll sell think about it..

Roy G. Bivins

Nov 24, 1993, 5:54:39 PM11/24/93
kha...@nova.gmi.edu (Kevin Haley) writes:

>>>'I had to address this loser'

>> As did I.

>Ditto. ;)

Ppppt. :P THAT could go on forever...

Howard Chu

Nov 24, 1993, 6:21:57 PM11/24/93
In article <931123.735...@delphi.com>,
<PHUN...@delphi.com> raved:

>to support Atari products. Don't you understand that Atari has absolute
>COMTEMPT for the consumer? Atari thinks you are stupid. Why do you think
>Atari said the Lynx had 32 bit sound? Atari thinks you are so stupid that
>you will believe the Lynx has 32 bit sound. Atari thinks you are so stupid
>that you will believe the Jaguar is 64 bit. The CPU of the Jaguar is the

In fact, the Lynx has 4 channel audio, with 8 bit PCM per channel. So, the
truth is, the audio is 32 bits per sample... Now, if you heard this and went
off believing that the Lynx had better than CD-quality audio until some more
enlightened soul disabused you of this notion, I guess that's your problem.
It's really not hard to read a spec and understand what it means... If they
were really trying to claim that the Lynx could do 32 bits per channel, don't
you think there'd have been a bigger fuss over it, considering that even in
professional recording there's still a debate over whether the difference
between 20 bit and 16 bit recording is audible?
--
-- Howard Chu @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA

When they said "here's your chance to grab the brass ring" he thought they said
"wax ring." -- so what happened? -- he asked if it met Mil Spec TT-P-1536A

Jason H Mccalla

Nov 25, 1993, 9:11:54 AM11/25/93
NY >professional recording there's still a debate over whether the
NY >difference between 20 bit and 16 bit recording is audible?

well, Deutsche Grammophon says that 24-bit hits the absolute edge of human
hearing. They also say that a 144-dB range translates into 24 bits. I don't
know about you, but that gives me a headache. For a videogame, I think that
is unnecessary.

It's funny, isn't it, that 24 bits is optimal for audio AND video? I wonder
if this means we have a common i/o path that's only 24 bits wide? We haven't
tried tactility, but I'm sure some cybergeeks are working on that :)

William Fang

Nov 27, 1993, 8:18:07 AM11/27/93
Dave_...@vos.stratus.com wrote:

: In article <931123.735...@delphi.com> PHUN...@delphi.com wrote:
: > [tons of spew]

: Fine. Whatever you say.. Please, folks, just ignore this. My kill file for
: this group is big enough already.

: Some poor freshman probably forgot to log hirself out and some other stupid
: freshman thought it'd be funny to see the how much noise this would generate.

No, it's Delphi.com, a commercial site. I doubt if the guy left his
terminal on, as I believe it's a dial-up service. There's a whole
heap of no-brain flames from delphi.com subscribers in comp.sys.amiga.games
and comp.sys.ibm.pc.flight-sim (heard about this one, couldn't find it).

- Jim

jduc...@news.delphi.com

Nov 28, 1993, 1:19:35 AM11/28/93
>No, it's Delphi.com, a commercial site. I doubt if the guy left his
>terminal on, as I believe it's a dial-up service. There's a whole
>heap of no-brain flames from delphi.com subscribers in comp.sys.amiga.games
>and comp.sys.ibm.pc.flight-sim (heard about this one, couldn't find it).

>- Jim

Please don't lump all delphi users into one category...some of us are
rational and actually know the purpose of Usenet. PHUNKZIP is not only a
problem here, but was kicked out of at least one delphi sig that I know of.

Ducky

patrickl...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2019, 12:49:30 AM11/23/19
Mega64 should make this a Flame War Theater episode. Funny thread!

JonD

Mar 9, 2020, 11:52:36 PM3/9/20
LOL, this guy was pretty pissed-off!