Hey gang! Anyone remember me?

Crackers

Feb 26, 2001, 11:19:26 AM2/26/01
Anyone at all?

I've been away and busy and saddly haven't had much time to hit the thrifts
for classics. Although the number of 2600 games found in the wild has
greatly dropped in my are and the last few yard sales I've been to my
queries were anwered with "Atari, nope don't have any. Wish I did they're
collector's items. The Japanese will pay thousands of dollars for them on
the internet." (I wonder why rumours of people paying rediculous prices for
things always seem to involve the Japanese).

Anyways I've now got a REAL internet account. Woohoo! Gotta love this
highspeed stuff. No more downloading soup packets for me. Now I can click on
all those e-bay links to see what the joke is too. I guess that just leaves
poor Willy in the land of Lynx. ^_^

Anyways, just thought I'd drop a not to say I'm still alive and I'll be
checking the newsgroup a little more freaquently now. I've also got all the
Bira Bira files from Robert Batina's original Bira Bira webpage so I'll fave
to look into sitting down and creating a new Bira Bira page (I'm sure all
the devotee are as sad as I am at the loss of out great online temple to the
god of classic videogame collecting).

CRACKERS
(New and improved from
hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Roger Matthews

Feb 26, 2001, 8:57:52 PM2/26/01
> Anyone at all?

I've been gone for years myself (I still check now and then still - I hope
to do more often now), so my memory sucks ;). I mainly remember Fred Pierson
and Starsabre.

>I've been away and busy and saddly haven't had much time to hit the thrifts
>for classics. Although the number of 2600 games found in the wild has
>greatly dropped in my are and the last few yard sales I've been to my
>queries were anwered with "Atari, nope don't have any. Wish I did they're
>collector's items. The Japanese will pay thousands of dollars for them on
>the internet." (I wonder why rumours of people paying rediculous prices for
>things always seem to involve the Japanese).

I forget what the final auction price was, but on Yahoo Japan I saw a LOOSE
Ninja Gaiden NES US cart going for 3,000 yen ($30). Even for Goodwill or
Salvation Army, that's excessive! ;). Too bad my contact charges $15
commission and 10% of item - otherwise I could make some quick $$.

Roger Matthews

jt august

Feb 26, 2001, 10:01:10 PM2/26/01
In article <imvm6.236413$Pm2.3...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Crackers"
<bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> CRACKERS
> (New and improved from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It must have been hell being away from here. Welcome back.

--
The Starsabre is a British blade. Please reverse the r and e
to reply to me directly.

YENDOR3

Feb 26, 2001, 10:05:34 PM2/26/01
Welcome back Crackers from hell!

jt august

Feb 26, 2001, 10:04:00 PM2/26/01
In article <AQDm6.3690$uj.2...@typhoon.nyc.rr.com>, "Roger Matthews"
<mada@nac..net> wrote:

> >I've been away and busy and saddly haven't had much time to hit the
> >thrifts
> >for classics. Although the number of 2600 games found in the wild has
> >greatly dropped in my are and the last few yard sales I've been to my
> >queries were anwered with "Atari, nope don't have any. Wish I did
> >they're
> >collector's items. The Japanese will pay thousands of dollars for them
> >on
> >the internet." (I wonder why rumours of people paying rediculous prices
> >for
> >things always seem to involve the Japanese).
>
> I forget what the final auction price was, but on Yahoo Japan I saw a
> LOOSE
> Ninja Gaiden NES US cart going for 3,000 yen ($30). Even for Goodwill or
> Salvation Army, that's excessive! ;). Too bad my contact charges $15
> commission and 10% of item - otherwise I could make some quick $$.

Ah so. Ah so. Sum ah so tink menny yen mean menny dollah. No relize
exchange rate. Big ah so make big miss take.

YENDOR3

Feb 26, 2001, 10:06:33 PM2/26/01
<<I've been gone for years myself (I still check now and then still - I hope
to do more often now), so my memory sucks ;). I mainly remember Fred Pierson
and Starsabre.>>
You don't remember me,the great YENDOR?I've been on here for 4 years now.

Charles E Taylor IV

Feb 26, 2001, 10:18:47 PM2/26/01
<bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Anyone at all?

No, nobody remembers who the hell you are. :)

Of course, nobody remembers who I am either - especially since I haven't
been around much since I stopped being a student and started being a
teacher!

I was the guy with a truly obscene amount of Bally Astrocade stuff -
systems, games, display kiosks - all kinds of stuff Didn't have the
sheer variety that many Bally collectors had, but I could have probably
gone up against any of 'em for sheer cubic feet of Bally stuff. Had a
website called the Bally Astrocade Shrine with pictures of some of it,
too - as well as HTML-ized game manuals. I still have the website stuff
archived - just no place to put it at the moment.

Any interest in me putting the 15 or so Bally manuals I have in HTML
format back online, or does someone else do that now?

--
Charles E. Taylor, IV <tom...@mindspring.com>
formerly cha...@hubcap.clemson.edu

Joe Grand

Feb 26, 2001, 10:35:48 PM2/26/01
I definetely remember you (who could forget your .sigs? :)

Although, I doubt you remember me! :)

Joe

Crackers wrote:

> Anyone at all?

Jon

Feb 26, 2001, 10:35:45 PM2/26/01
In article <imvm6.236413$Pm2.3...@news20.bellglobal.com>,
bcrac...@sympatico.ca says...
> Anyone at all?

Welcome back

--
Please remove "nospam" to reply by email.

Crackers

Feb 27, 2001, 12:49:26 AM2/27/01

"YENDOR3" <yen...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

> Welcome back Crackers from hell!

Thanks! It's great to be back. So do we still sacrifice virgins around here
or was that practice phased out after I left?

CRACKERS
(Greasing the sacrifice stick from
hell!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Crackers

Feb 27, 2001, 12:49:27 AM2/27/01

"Roger Matthews" <mada@nac..net> wrote in message

> I forget what the final auction price was, but on Yahoo Japan I saw a
LOOSE
> Ninja Gaiden NES US cart going for 3,000 yen ($30). Even for Goodwill or
> Salvation Army, that's excessive! ;). Too bad my contact charges $15
> commission and 10% of item - otherwise I could make some quick $$.

Yeah but look at some the the prices crap sells for on Ebay over here. I
don't think you can judge an entire culture's spending habbits based on one
moron's purchase.

I remember someone once posting a story about a Vectrex deal gone horribly
wrong when the seller backed out saying he heard from a friend of a friend
that the japanese will pay over $1000 for one.

CRACKERS
(I think I'm turning japanese from
hell!!!!)

Crackers

Feb 27, 2001, 12:49:25 AM2/27/01

"jt august" <star...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:starsaber-

> It must have been hell being away from here. Welcome back.

I was just so busy I never really noticed.Then I had a few moments to
actually sit down and play an Atari 2600 game and thought "Gee, I miss the
gang. I should go see if they're all still there."

CRACKERS
(Homeward bound from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Crackers

Feb 27, 2001, 12:49:26 AM2/27/01

"Charles E Taylor IV" <tom...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Of course, nobody remembers who I am either - especially since I haven't
> been around much since I stopped being a student and started being a
> teacher!

I remember you, you bastard! And I swore if I ever saw you again I'd hunt
you down, chop off your head and piss down your neck... oh no wait.... that
wasn't you, that was Mike Novak. (heheheheheheheheheh)

Nice to see you again Charles.

CRACKERS
(Just kidding Mikey from hell!!!!!!!!!)

Crackers

Feb 27, 2001, 12:49:26 AM2/27/01

"Jon" <joh...@nospam.epix.net> wrote in message

> Welcome back.

Thanks. I can feel the geek-lust building in my blood already. Time to grip
me some joystick!

CRACKERS
(Ms. Pac-Man your ass is mine from hell!!!!!!!)

Crackers

Feb 27, 2001, 12:49:27 AM2/27/01

"Joe Grand" <jgr...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> I definetely remember you (who could forget your .sigs? :)
>
> Although, I doubt you remember me! :)

Yeah, but thanks to mis-prescribed medication I don't even remember what I
eat for breakfast in the morning. ^_^

CRACKERS
(Something waffle-like from
hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Jeff Williams

Feb 27, 2001, 1:24:14 AM2/27/01
"Roger Matthews" <mada@nac..net> wrote in message

> I forget what the final auction price was, but on Yahoo Japan I saw a
LOOSE
> Ninja Gaiden NES US cart going for 3,000 yen ($30).

Yeah, and we do things like pay $120 for skeleton Saturns (4500 yen in
Japan), up to $100 for a copy of the original Dead or Alive (under 2,000 yen
in Japan), up to *$200* for a copy of Radiant Silvergun (generally around
4,000 yen in Japan), $150 for Dreamcast Twinsticks (5,000 yen), $120-$150
for *Saturn* Twinsticks (1,400 yen!), need I go on?

In other words, it goes both ways. I dunno how many times I've heard this
exact same conversation on the other side of the fence.

// Jeff Williams
// ge...@nervhq.org

vairxpert

Feb 27, 2001, 12:40:56 AM2/27/01
"Crackers" <bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"YENDOR3" <yen...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
>> Welcome back Crackers from hell!
>
>Thanks! It's great to be back. So do we still sacrifice virgins around here
>or was that practice phased out after I left?

Paul Smith and Cadimus were the last two...it's gettin close to that
time again!

George

SPAMBLOCK: change itari.net to atari.net

http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/vairxprt/index.htm

BlakeDog

Feb 27, 2001, 1:58:19 AM2/27/01
My favorite was, last time I was in akihabara I saw some US A2600 carts
mixed in with the Japanese ones (dig dug and battlezone- both sealed). The
price was the same for both: around 6000 yen ($60). all the boxes were dusty
though, so I think I was the first person to look at them in quite a while.

BTW, how much do the japanese carts go for? maybe i should pick some up next
time I'm in Tokyo :)

"Jeff Williams" <ge...@nervhq.org> wrote in message

Galen Tatsuo Komatsu

Feb 27, 2001, 2:52:46 AM2/27/01
In article <AQDm6.3690$uj.2...@typhoon.nyc.rr.com>,
Roger Matthews <mada@nac..net> wrote:
>>I've been away and busy and saddly haven't had much time to hit the thrifts
>>for classics. Although the number of 2600 games found in the wild has
>>greatly dropped in my are and the last few yard sales I've been to my
>>queries were anwered with "Atari, nope don't have any. Wish I did they're
>>collector's items. The Japanese will pay thousands of dollars for them on
>>the internet." (I wonder why rumours of people paying rediculous prices for
>>things always seem to involve the Japanese).

>I forget what the final auction price was, but on Yahoo Japan I saw a LOOSE
>Ninja Gaiden NES US cart going for 3,000 yen ($30). Even for Goodwill or
>Salvation Army, that's excessive! ;). Too bad my contact charges $15
>commission and 10% of item - otherwise I could make some quick $$.

Think about that next time someone in the US sells Famicon
games for $$, to the Japanese it'd be like peddling Combat and
Pac-Man carts. Maybe there'd be the occasional CtCW, but for the
most part we're going wild over their landfill.

--
Boneheads on the 'net: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~gkomatsu/boneheads.html
Joe Kunya : Sent me a Lynx from hell

Larry Lefebvre

Feb 27, 2001, 5:34:34 PM2/27/01
Oh great!!! You had to say the "M" word, didn't you ;) .

Welcome back, Chris. Good to hear from you again.

Larry - lar...@adelphia.net
Atarian - Collector of mostly Atari stuff:
2600,5200,7800,8-Bit,ST,Lynx,Jag
RGVC'er since 1991 - May the Games be with you...

"Crackers" <bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Matt Ackeret

Feb 27, 2001, 5:57:13 PM2/27/01
In article <imvm6.236413$Pm2.3...@news20.bellglobal.com>,
Crackers <bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Anyways I've now got a REAL internet account. Woohoo! Gotta love this
>highspeed stuff. No more downloading soup packets for me. Now I can click on
>all those e-bay links to see what the joke is too. I guess that just leaves
>poor Willy in the land of Lynx. ^_^

I don't know who you or Willy are, but I use lynx and links
(http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/) all the time, including
from this fast internet connection at work. I prefer text based browsers
most of the time.. and use iCab (with graphics turned off) for some sites,
and only resort to IE (4.5) for the sites that won't work with other browsers.

I use lynx + ssl for many commercial sites.
--
mat...@area.com

Charles E Taylor IV

Feb 27, 2001, 6:58:41 PM2/27/01
In article <GdHm6.243378$Pm2.3...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Crackers"
<bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I remember you, you bastard! And I swore if I ever saw you again I'd
> hunt you down, chop off your head and piss down your neck... oh no
> wait.... that wasn't you, that was Mike Novak. (heheheheheheheheheh)

<spaceballs> Oh no, not again... </spaceballs>

Although I have to admit that things were a little more lively around
here back in the days of the MASSIVE FLAMEWA^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAUCTION.

jt august

Feb 28, 2001, 11:50:36 PM2/28/01
<bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> oh no wait.... that
> wasn't you, that was Mike Novak. (heheheheheheheheheh

The truth be known!!!!! (Oh no, here he comes.)

jt august

Feb 28, 2001, 11:53:13 PM2/28/01
In article <97henv$n1j$1...@slb4.atl.mindspring.net>, "Charles E Taylor
IV" <tom...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> <spaceballs> Oh no, not again... </spaceballs>

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!

That line came from the Hitchhiker's Guide. Mel Brooks even admitted it
in an interview I saw way back. It was the closest thing to a spoof on
HHG he could come up with.

jt august

Feb 28, 2001, 11:54:31 PM2/28/01
In article <GdHm6.243377$Pm2.3...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Crackers"
<bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Thanks! It's great to be back. So do we still sacrifice virgins around

> here 0or was that practice phased out after I left?

The only thing that phased out was the adoration of Bira-Bira.

Duty calls.

Crackers

Mar 1, 2001, 3:50:45 AM3/1/01

> The only thing that phased out was the adoration of Bira-Bira.

Indeed it does. It would seem the faith has fallen lax in my absence. Maybe
that is why the hunting in Hamilton has dried up so much. It is a sign from
Bira Bira that I am to return to the faithful to make great again his glory.

CRackers
(The apostle from hell!!!!)

Geoff Voigt

Mar 1, 2001, 3:41:48 PM3/1/01
"Crackers" <bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Myabe I should post in a binaries group the Bira-Bira T-Shirt I found at one of
my favorite Big&Tall clothing stores; which means that if your'e 3XLT (and
shrinking) or larger like me, then you've got a chance of getting one. It's a
design of Tiki figures in a conga line all around the shirt body. It's from "Go
Barefoot" or Barefoot Shirts, something like that. I know 'Barefoot' is in the
company name.

For the record, some of the better finds I've obtained while wearing the shirt
are an Inty Fathom w/overlays and dox, A Sega Nomad, Atari Video Pinball, and
some 80's vinyl I'd been wanting.

Geoff "Maybe I should sleep while wearing the shirt" Voigt

Geoff Voigt:gvo...@pacman.ridgecrest.ca.us
Yet another Peniless Artist(TM) also interested in
80's music-Classic Video Games-Anime-Techno Music-Coffee-US History
Maintainer and keeper of the rec.games.video.classic FAQ
Delete the classic game character to reply

Charles E Taylor IV

Mar 1, 2001, 6:25:02 PM3/1/01
In article <starsaber-0B389...@netnews.att.net>, "jt august"
<star...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> That line came from the Hitchhiker's Guide.

Crackers

Mar 2, 2001, 2:29:59 AM3/2/01

"Geoff Voigt" <gvo...@pacman.ridgecrest.ca.us> wrote in message

> Myabe I should post in a binaries group the Bira-Bira T-Shirt I found at
one of
> my favorite Big&Tall clothing stores; which means that if your'e 3XLT (and
> shrinking) or larger like me, then you've got a chance of getting one.
It's a
> design of Tiki figures in a conga line all around the shirt body. It's
from "Go
> Barefoot" or Barefoot Shirts, something like that. I know 'Barefoot' is in
the
> company name.

Woah! Cool! Is it an actual Bira Bira tiki or just a generic tiki?

Man I gott aget to work on putting that Bira Bira webpage back up.
Can you e-mail me a pic of the shirt?

Crackers
(Heading off to the Big and Tall from hell!!!)

link...@spammerswillbeexecuted.ptd.net

Mar 4, 2001, 6:35:11 PM3/4/01
In article <imvm6.236413$Pm2.3...@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Crackers" <bcrac...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Anyways, just thought I'd drop a not to say I'm still alive and I'll be
>checking the newsgroup a little more freaquently now

Hey- I rememebr you! Very well, actually.

I just thought I'd mention that-- and the fact that I'm still alive too.

Aaron B.

--
"This is DVD, not 'VHS: The Next Generation.'"

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/ussdefiant

Lee K. Seitz

Mar 7, 2001, 9:54:44 AM3/7/01
In article <97f5u4$7rh$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>,

Charles E Taylor IV <tom...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I was the guy with a truly obscene amount of Bally Astrocade stuff -
>systems, games, display kiosks - all kinds of stuff Didn't have the
>sheer variety that many Bally collectors had, but I could have probably
>gone up against any of 'em for sheer cubic feet of Bally stuff. Had a
>website called the Bally Astrocade Shrine with pictures of some of it,
>too - as well as HTML-ized game manuals. I still have the website stuff
>archived - just no place to put it at the moment.

Ah, so that's what happened! I've been wondering where the site went
and been hesitant to remove my link in case it turned back up. I
would *very* much like to see your site return.

>Any interest in me putting the 15 or so Bally manuals I have in HTML
>format back online, or does someone else do that now?

Balley Alley (http://www.classicgaming.com/ballyalley/) has several
manuals online, but not all are HTMLized. And I'm not sure how they
compare to yours. I would ask you to see about contributing your
content to either Balley Alley or maybe, if they'd go for it, a
separate site at ClassicGaming. (I'm not sure what their rules are on
sites covering similar topics.)

--
Lee K. Seitz * lks...@hiwaay.net * http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Wanted: | Visit the Classic Video Games Nexus