This newsgroup...

1 view

John

Sep 3, 2009, 11:55:35 PM9/3/09
is like going to your favourite arcade and seeing that it's gone out of
business.

Aaron J. Bossig

Sep 4, 2009, 12:14:24 AM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 10:55 pm, "John" <j...@junk.com> wrote:
> is like going to your favourite arcade and seeing that it's gone out of
> business.

I'd take it a step further. Usenet is like going to the amazing mall
of your childhood, which housed that arcade, and finding out it's now
a Wal-Mart.

--

Aaron "I miss it too" Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com

Relic

Sep 4, 2009, 3:01:38 PM9/4/09
John wrote:
> is like going to your favourite arcade and seeing that it's gone out of
> business.

Any more it reminds me of the Columbus City Center (a couple of
miles away from me); started out with bells and whistles and
is going out with broken dreams...

jt august

Sep 4, 2009, 6:35:39 PM9/4/09
In article
<990cb00c-1040-48c4...@z16g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,

"Aaron J. Bossig" <godsl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 10:55�pm, "John" <j...@junk.com> wrote:
> > is like going to your favourite arcade and seeing that it's gone out of
> > business.
>
> I'd take it a step further. Usenet is like going to the amazing mall
> of your childhood, which housed that arcade, and finding out it's now
> a Wal-Mart.

It's is for me, as NW Plaza. Many years ago, it had a Tilt Superstore.
4 acres of arcade, mini golf, carnival type attractions, etc. Upstairs
on the main floor, 220+ stores. Today, it qualifies for Deadmalls
(http://www.deadmalls.com). It has less than 15 stores, most of which
is crap you wouldn't look at at a cheap flea market, and nothing new
ever appears. There is nothing worth looking at, especially in the area
of cute chicks. Not even a worn out prostitute would hang out there
these days.

As today, here, even the spammers of sex sites don't bother with this
forum.

And as with both, I check in every so often with hopes higher than
reality will ever allow.

jt

Impmon

Sep 4, 2009, 9:35:25 PM9/4/09
> is like going to your favourite arcade and seeing that it's gone out of
> business.

I'd take it a step further. Usenet is like going to the amazing mall
of your childhood, which housed that arcade, and finding out it's now
a Wal-Mart.

Or my favorite drive in movie theater that also had few arcade machine, and
where I watched Star Wars the first time ever. It became Kroger oh about 25
years ago, which I believe is still in business on Washtenaw Ave between
Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor.