Zelda's Adventure

A Modem User

Apr 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/13/95
You're in luck. I just happen to have worked for the company that created
"Zelda's Adventure" for Philips. The game was supposed to have been
released in November '93, but Nintendo screwed around for a long period
of time before they finally signed off (Zelda is a Nintendo creation).

As far as I know, the game hasn't hit the shelves yet, but should within
a couple of weeks. All the bugs are taken care of and they simply had to
add a Trademark symbol after "Zelda" in the title. As far as the game
goes... It's OK. No great shakes. One interesting thing about the game is
that no 3-D rendered creatures or locations were used. Everything was
actually modeled, using clay, rubber, cardboard, and the like. So the
game has a real organic look to it. Pretty good sound, too.

I haven't yet seen much of the game, as I didn't work on it (but for
those of you with CD-ROMs for your PC, you can now purchase "ECO East
Africa" for which I DID create graphics), but the word from the folks at
the company is that it's strictly okay. Ask for a demo before you think
of shelling out the cash for it. I no longer work for the company so I
have no reason to help them make money.

-Uzer

Jim Belcher

Apr 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/14/95
A Modem User (us...@west.darkside.com) wrote:
: You're in luck. I just happen to have worked for the company that created

Jim Belcher

Apr 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/14/95

Philip McDunnough

Apr 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/16/95
In article <oaci4c...@west.darkside.com> us...@west.darkside.com (A Modem User) writes:
>You're in luck. I just happen to have worked for the company that created
>"Zelda's Adventure" for Philips. The game was supposed to have been
>released in November '93, but Nintendo screwed around for a long period
>of time before they finally signed off (Zelda is a Nintendo creation).
>
>As far as I know, the game hasn't hit the shelves yet, but should within
>a couple of weeks. All the bugs are taken care of and they simply had to
>add a Trademark symbol after "Zelda" in the title. As far as the game
>goes... It's OK. No great shakes. One interesting thing about the game is
>that no 3-D rendered creatures or locations were used. Everything was
>actually modeled, using clay, rubber, cardboard, and the like. So the
>game has a real organic look to it. Pretty good sound, too.

My daughters quite like Zelda on the CD-i. We've had it for weeks.

[ ]

--
Philip McDunnough OR P. McDunnough (U of Toronto-stats)
phi...@utstat.toronto.edu (NeXT/MIME Mail) phi...@utstat.toronto.edu

Jim Belcher

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95

You all are probably tired of seeing my blank posts, but my newsreader was
munging up my replies.:-/ Anyway, Zelda's Adventure will not be out in a
"couple of weeks." Nor is the delay in it's release solely attributed to
Nintendo "screwing around." Sorry, but I had to set the record straight.

In article <D73vC...@utstat.toronto.edu>, phi...@utstat.toronto.edu