CGE and Curt - The URL

John B

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
Since someone is illegally cancelling my messages (which I suggest he
stop promptly), here is a link to my message on Deja.com

It's long but worth it

http://x39.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=488943328&
search=thread&CONTEXT=929254400.434831405&HIT_CONTEXT=
929254400.434831405&HIT_NUM=7&hitnum=0

You might have to cut and paste each line.

John Babich (Gaspode_TWD)
bab...@removethispart.azstarnet.com
University of Arizona - CSC | JPN
26/52/78/8-BIT/CV/INTV/O2/C64/VIC20/
TI/NES/SNES/GB/GEN/SCD/T16/JAG/VB/
PSX/SAT/N64

Message has been deleted

Curt Vendel

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
to John B
Hi John,

That was me, I wasn't aware it was an offense, however I thought it
might do some good since this whole situation has been nothing but
negative to all parties involved. Apparently I was wrong, but here to
admit that it was me.

Curt

ga...@my-deja.com

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
In article <3765101A...@worldnett.att.net>,

Curt Vendel <cve...@worldnett.att.net> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> That was me, I wasn't aware it was an offense, however I thought it
> might do some good since this whole situation has been nothing but
> negative to all parties involved. Apparently I was wrong, but here
> admit that it was me.

you thought it 'might do some good' to censor someone? ... I haven't
even been following this thread, I don't KNOW what CGE is even,
but censoring someone else's speech is far more offensive to me even if
it's a thread about raping and cannibalizing babies.
my 2 cents

gauze

--
------
www.rifug.org

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Ralph F. Mariano

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
The more things change.....  the more they remain the same.

Twelve years later... and the platform's Egomaniacs are still vying for the BIG spotlight!  DUH!

You all should back-up, shut-up and put the show on already....  This childish non-sense will do nothing but torpedo the show.  Then again... that just might be the objective.  Pretty sad to see this sort of thing still going strong.  Just like the backstabbing of the "good old" Atari (Tramiel) days.  DUH!

- Ralph F. Mariano, Editor
- STReport International Magazine
- MCSP - MSDN - 192535 - EMail
- STReport Forums - STReport Website

Game Lord

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99
Damn! How the heck did this BS get started anyway?! First, I am reading
about CGE and what will be happening there, next, we come to a point where
some lamer is BSing with all those involved, forging, etc. Now, I have not
read every post on this yet, so I do not know what else has been said.
But as Curt just said, do whatever you can to erase the negativity. Where
did that "neg" come from anyway. What, did this dude did not "approve" or
like the manner in which this event was being organized? I don't know...I
must have missed some posts somewhere, but I guess that is what this is
about. Someone deleted some posts, and more BS kept happening. With this,
I just expected to see what the Expo was covering. Since I am not going to
be able to make it, this was a good way to stay on top of the info.
The best I can say, to the organizers, and all involved in making sure
this event is a go, just ignore all lame and BS'd posts. I am sure the
vets among us, along with the intellectual new visitors, can distinguish
the difference between actual posts by you, and those forged using your
accts.
Man, at times, I really hate thinking that there are lamers like that. It
really irks me, and that makes me want to smash someone's head. (Did I
just express some violece?! OH NO!)

Yes, this group, among others, have always been civilized. Of course, and
it was bound to happen, you get the "you get them every time" types. Well,
such is life. Ignoring them is the best policy...hopefully.
Best wishes guys at finalizing the plans for the show. It there is going
to be a vid tape available, I am sure to purchase a copy. LMK the plans on
that.
Take care.

!