Berserk Scores and Other Classics

TwinGalaxy

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/19/95
Dear Michael and Other Classic collectors. The high scores in the
Guinness Book of World Records were - for the most part - performed in
front of me in person. I watched Ron Bailey get his 104,000 berserk score
in a bar in Wrightsville Beach, NC (july 1984) while a loud, noisy dance
banged against his machine from every side. This was the fast bullets
machine. Since then, Chris Ayra and Bill Mitchell in Miami, FL have
purchased a Berserk machine and dissected its program to discover the
sequence of the rooms. They have achieved, so far, over 250,000.

We will be conducting the world championship for the player of the year in
January, 1996. This isan invitational and all members of VAPS are invited.
In the summer of 1996, we will conduct the high score contest on new and
old which, most likely, will be carried in Guinness.

I would like to hear what high scores are being achieved on old games by
members of VAPS.

Hope to hear from you.

Walter Day
Scorekeeper