Missile Command ROM Images Needed

pinm...@yahoo.com

May 22, 2009, 10:56:56 PM5/22/09
I'm trying to replace some corrupted ROMs on my non functional board.
I need the 2708 version software that comes in 11 separate image
files. If you can help me out by emailing them to markhooks at
embarmail dot com I'd be grateful.

Mark Hooks

Craig Yarbrough

May 23, 2009, 10:45:16 AM5/23/09
Hey Mark I've got the files you need.

- Craig

Matt J. McCullar

May 25, 2009, 9:31:34 PM5/25/09
If your EPROM programmer is set up for it, you can save some time by burning
a set of 2716 EPROMs instead. This cuts the number of EPROMs in half. But
you will need to change some jumper settings on the motherboard. Details
here:

http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/atari/mc_jumpers.html

If your motherboard hasn't had the EPROM sockets replaced, now is a good
time to do so. That will eliminate lots of headaches later.

Or you may want to just upgrade to this:

http://www.brasington.org/arcade/mcm/install.shtml (unsolicited
testimonial) It eliminates ALL the EPROMs and you won't have to replace any
sockets at all.

Defend cities!

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX

<pinm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

pinm...@yahoo.com

May 26, 2009, 7:47:14 AM5/26/09
On May 25, 9:31 pm, "Matt J. McCullar" <mccul...@flash.net> wrote:
> If your EPROM programmer is set up for it, you can save some time by burning
> a set of 2716 EPROMs instead.  This cuts the number of EPROMs in half.  But
> you will need to change some jumper settings on the motherboard.  Details
> here:
>
> http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/atari/mc_jumpers.html
>
> If your motherboard hasn't had the EPROM sockets replaced, now is a good
> time to do so.  That will eliminate lots of headaches later.
>
> Or you may want to just upgrade to this:
>
> http://www.brasington.org/arcade/mcm/install.shtml (unsolicited
> testimonial)  It eliminates ALL the EPROMs and you won't have to replace any
> sockets at all.
>
> Defend cities!
>
> Matt J. McCullar
> Arlington, TX
>
> <pinma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > I'm trying to replace some corrupted ROMs on my non functional board.
> > I need the 2708 version software that comes in 11 separate image
> > files. If you can help me out by emailing them to markhooks at
> > embarmail dot com I'd be grateful.
>
> > Mark Hooks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for all the responses. Someone sent me the files so I was able
to burn a replacement 2708. I only needed the one so it worked out
easier that way. Now I just need to sort out the RAM control issues. I
keeps reporting bad RAM in self test even though I have a good one
installed.

That multigame is tempting me.

Mark Hooks

Craig Yarbrough

May 26, 2009, 10:35:24 AM5/26/09

Check your voltages at the DRAMs - +5, -5, and +12V. I do work on
these boards if you find you need help.

- Craig

charles feathers

Mar 14, 2023, 6:07:38 PM3/14/23
i also need these files for my 2708's if you could help me out , thanks in advance

John Robertson

Mar 14, 2023, 9:01:13 PM3/14/23
Do you need the image files or programmed 2708s? We program 2708s and
other chips, but it is getting costly - around $22.50USD per 2708 to
burn them. If you know which one is bad - if the Self-Test tells you -
then we can probably help.

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/data-east-williams-bally-stern-game-eproms-pals-gals-p-3259.html

You can also convert the board to 2716s which takes half the number of
EPROMs.

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

charles feathers

Mar 15, 2023, 3:49:25 PM3/15/23
i just need the files, i have 2 boards to fix up, and have a emp 30 programmer

John Robertson

Mar 15, 2023, 4:39:26 PM3/15/23
On 2023/03/15 12:49 p.m., charles feathers wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 9:01:13 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:

>>> i also need these files for my 2708's if you could help me out , thanks in advance
>> Do you need the image files or programmed 2708s? We program 2708s and
>> other chips, but it is getting costly - around $22.50USD per 2708 to
>> burn them. If you know which one is bad - if the Self-Test tells you -
>> then we can probably help.
>>
>> https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/data-east-williams-bally-stern-game-eproms-pals-gals-p-3259.html
>>
>> You can also convert the board to 2716s which takes half the number of
>> EPROMs.
>>
>> John :-#)#
>> --
> i just need the files, i have 2 boards to fix up, and have a emp 30 programmer

You can use your EPROM burner to split the files - they are on MAME I
expect.

A 2716 uses memory space from 0-7FFh, a 2708 uses 1/2 that or 0-3FFh.
Split the 2716 image into two 2708 images. The first 2708 is 0-3FFh, the
second is 400-7FFh.

Most programmers allow you to extract or move memory around so you
probably can do this with a bit of practice.

I take it your programmer burns 2708s.

charles feathers

Mar 15, 2023, 8:45:40 PM3/15/23
so correct me if i am wrong here , but your talking a direct split of the rom data and not a odd and even bit split.?

John Robertson

Mar 16, 2023, 12:49:42 AM3/16/23
> so correct me if i am wrong here , but your talking a direct split of the rom data and not a odd and even bit split.?

Pretty much, yes. No split bits that I ever recall running into on the
old 8-bit processors...