Any collectors left?

Mark Capps

Jan 12, 2021, 2:24:10 PMJan 12
Hi,

Are there any collectors left from the old days. Lets bring this back, screw KLOV.

Mark

Paul

Jan 20, 2021, 10:26:47 PMJan 20
LOL, i look here every once in a while. Welcome back??

Pef

General Kireiko

Jan 31, 2021, 7:38:31 PMJan 31
Mark Capps <bigcat...@gmail.com> wrote:
: Hi,

: Are there any collectors left from the old days. Lets bring this back, screw KLOV.

: Mark

Still have my AMOA Sinistar and Joust.. Just not as much free time to add to the
collection anymore....

--
"How would you like it if you were a business executive, and when you
made a mistake, a red light went on and 18,000 people started

General Kireiko

Mar 11, 2021, 5:08:23 PMMar 11
General Kireiko <dou...@panix.com> wrote:
: Still have my AMOA Sinistar and Joust.. Just not as much free time to
: add to the collection anymore....

Fired them both up for the first time in years. Happy to write that:

INITIAL TESTS INDICATE

ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Bice

Mar 12, 2021, 7:26:59 AMMar 12
On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 22:08:20 +0000 (UTC), General Kireiko
<dou...@panix.com> wrote:

>General Kireiko <dou...@panix.com> wrote:
>: Still have my AMOA Sinistar and Joust.. Just not as much free time to
>: add to the collection anymore....
>
>Fired them both up for the first time in years. Happy to write that:
>
>INITIAL TESTS INDICATE
>
>ALL SYSTEMS GO!

I envy you. Sinistar is my all-time favorite arcade game, and I owned
one for several years, but it started getting buggy and I didn't have
the knowledge or skills to fix it, so I ended up selling it to a
collector. I definitely miss it.

A few years ago I put together an emulator in an arcade cabinet that
plays hundreds of games, but it's not quite the same. Sinistar in
particular doesn't work as well because the emulator only has an 8-way
joystick and the game requires that 64(?)-way joystick.

BEWARE, COWARD!

-- Bob

General Kireiko

Mar 13, 2021, 9:15:22 AMMar 13
Bice <eich...@comcastsucks.net> wrote:
: I envy you. Sinistar is my all-time favorite arcade game, and I owned
: one for several years, but it started getting buggy and I didn't have
: the knowledge or skills to fix it, so I ended up selling it to a
: collector. I definitely miss it.

: A few years ago I put together an emulator in an arcade cabinet that
: plays hundreds of games, but it's not quite the same. Sinistar in
: particular doesn't work as well because the emulator only has an 8-way
: joystick and the game requires that 64(?)-way joystick.

49-way, but who's counting...

First time I fired it up, nothing. Blank screen. Not even the split
rainbow bar pattern. Something wasn't getting power. (This happened
to me before, so I was praying it was the same situation.)

Then I cleaned all the molex connectors with an old typewriter eraser, and
presto... Rug pattern.

In the past, for me, I learned that bugs / glitches (that are not part
of the program code) are due to dirty / cracked electrical connections.

The Joust has Clay's Multi-Willy kit, and after all these years, I think
the battery is flat. Anyone have any ideas on a fix? I can always put
the original control panel back in and make it a dedicated Joust, but I
enjoy Defender and Robotron too much....

Cheers!
-Doug