Pole Position Engine Sound Missing Fix

Ron

Oct 31, 2001, 6:20:05 AM10/31/01
Recently the engine sound on my pole position game messed up. I read all
kinds of posts on dejanews and couldnt find a fix. Heres what I found.
There are 2 7497 chips in the engine sound circuit. One at 11c and one at
12b.
My problem was the chip at 11c. It had no activity on a couple of the pins
when I probed it, the traces were good and the solder joint was reflowed. I
replaced the chip and the problem was fixed. Hooray
I would also check my 110, and 111 eproms before hand. No need to jerk the
7497 if your eprom is corrupt :)
Happy Gaming
More to come later, check my site (which is work in progress)
www.ronwatts.com
Ron Watts
ronw...@netdoor.com

1Ripper

Oct 31, 2001, 12:29:00 PM10/31/01
Thanks for the tip! It got printed out and will be with my Pole Position
manuals...

Bill