Tech: Pengo Sega - Strange resistor needed

1 view

Nama

Jan 24, 2008, 7:53:45 PM1/24/08
I just fixed my Sega Pengo board that I recently purchased off of
ebay, and built a Jamma adaptor, but I have one problem left. I can't
start 2 player mode, and I noticed some of the resistors(?) R13 and
R12 (in the R1 to R16 bank) are damaged. I traced R13 back to the 2
player input line so I'm fairly certain this is the problem.
These resistors actually look like ceramic caps but with 3 legs! They
read 222m 100v, does anyone know where I can get some of these from,
or if someone has some spares they would be willing to post me?

One more question, this Pengo does not play the Popcorn music that I
have fond memories of....Do I need to burn new roms to get this to
work?

Much thanks in advance.

Phil

Nama

Jan 25, 2008, 12:39:26 AM1/25/08

After some research and finding the Pengo schematics online, it looks
as if the parts I need are in fact EMI filters. I'm not sure exactly
what the 222m means, maybe 2,200PF ?
Would anyone be able to confirm this for me.

Thanks again.
Phil

frankli...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2008, 5:03:14 AM1/25/08

I had no idea but I googled "EMI filters 222m" and this document
(www.guangdongdz.com/buycenter/pdf/200612/EMI-BC-B.pdf) seems to
confirm your guess.

Nama

Jan 26, 2008, 4:43:12 PM1/26/08