Vectrex System Console Front Panel Controller Retention Clip

Vectrexer

Jan 22, 2023, 4:08:06 PM1/22/23
Back in January of 2020, I place a call to a few forums and groups asking if someone could produce a 3D model file for the part. Once again Richard Hutchinson responded to the community call. He quickly created original artwork to make the file. Printed a sample, and test fitted the part to his Vectrex console.

I have also made several prints of Richard Hutchinson work. I can and can confirm Richard's Vectrex Front Panel Controller Retention Clip looks and works well.

Here are some resources for those interested in a Vectrex Front Panel Controller Retention Clip and how to remove / install the part.

Vectrex Front Panel Controller Retention Clip Pictures from my Google Photos Album "Vectrex System Console Front Panel Controller Retention Clip" The album also includes picture showing how to remove the OEM clip from the Vectrex console controller storage area.:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XZPCuRuZ2fi8LcK49 )

Related publicly accessible file (Vec_clip.stl) was attached to a related post on AtariAge message thread.
https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=694482

Related AtariAge group post URL (Thread Topic)
https://forums.atariage.com/topic/300839-vectrex-front-panel-controller-retention-clip/

Related Facebook Vectrex fans unite! group post URL (Thread Topic): https://www.facebook.com/groups/vectrex/permalink/1205926006284441/

Notes about 3D printing the file "Vec_clip.stl":
• Prints well on FDM printers.
• 3D FDM Filament Type: Something still but flexible like PLA or ABS. (The original 1982 component is a dark Vectrex gray ABS plastic)
• Printing Orientation: Flat with the top clip upwards.
• 3D FDM Printer Nozzle Size 0.4mm or smaller.
• 3D Printer Layer Height: 0.1mm, or finer.
• 3D FDM Print Density: as close to 100% as possible.
• 3D Print Model Supports: No
• 3D Print Model Raft: No. Or Optional.

Pictures via Richard Hutchinson showing his sample printing of his 3D model file for the Vectrex Front Panel Controller Retention Clip.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XZPCuRuZ2fi8LcK49