QFTCIMI520 No Events

Mark Brader

Mar 14, 2020, 7:41:34 PM3/14/20
MI5 have decided it's safest to postpone the rest of the Spring 2020
season, so QFTCIMI520 Current Events will not be appearing again in
two weeks. Presumably it will resume when the Inquisition does.

Meanwhile, the standings are frozen at:

GAMES-> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 BEST SIX
Joshua Kreitzer 16 23 20 20 20 20 20 14 123
Dan Blum 12 16 11 16 20 16 20 16 104
Erland Sommarskog 12 16 8 16 4 12 20 16 92
Dan Tilque 4 16 12 12 12 20 8 16 88
Pete Gayde 16 28 16 20 -- -- -- -- 80
Stephen Perry -- -- -- -- 40 36 -- -- 76
Joe Masters -- -- -- -- 12 8 -- -- 20
"Calvin" -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 0 0

As for non-current-events rounds, I have 27 more sets of QFTCIMI520
questions from Games 2-8 ready to use, which at the current rate of
posting should last us here until the end of May.

--
Mark Brader "We demand rigidly defined areas
Toronto of doubt and uncertainty!"

Mark Brader

Apr 5, 2023, 1:52:12 AM4/5/23
On 2020-03-14 I wrote:
> MI5 have decided it's safest to postpone the rest of the Spring 2020
> season, so QFTCIMI520 Current Events will not be appearing again in
> two weeks. Presumably it will resume when the Inquisition does.
>
> Meanwhile, the standings are frozen at:
>
> GAMES-> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 BEST SIX
> Joshua Kreitzer 16 23 20 20 20 20 20 14 123
> Dan Blum 12 16 11 16 20 16 20 16 104
> Erland Sommarskog 12 16 8 16 4 12 20 16 92
> Dan Tilque 4 16 12 12 12 20 8 16 88
> Pete Gayde 16 28 16 20 -- -- -- -- 80
> Stephen Perry -- -- -- -- 40 36 -- -- 76
> Joe Masters -- -- -- -- 12 8 -- -- 20
> "Calvin" -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 0 0

The Inquisition has now decided to cancel the rest of the Spring 2020
season, so the QFTCIMI520 Current Events game is over and, finally,
the winner is JOSHUA KREITZER. Hearty congratulations!

We hope to resume play next month with Bloor St. Irregulars as the
question-setters, so stay tuned for new questions tagged QFTCIBSI23.
Meanwhile I will continue reposting Winter 2014 questions from the
Cellar Rats, with the tag RQFTCICR14.

For this occasion I have a non-randomly-selected signature:
--
Mark Brader | "There is a pervasive illusion in certain quarters
Toronto | that Mother Nature is our friend. Wrong; dead wrong.