Calvin's Quiz #445

Calvin

Jun 22, 2016, 11:20:05 PM6/22/16

1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?
2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?
3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?
4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?
5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?
6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a different letter. Name either.
7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?
8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?
9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?
10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark what event?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Jun 22, 2016, 11:24:03 PM6/22/16
"Calvin":
> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?

Chile.

> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?

Persephone?

> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?

Williams.

> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

Bone marrow.

> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?

Clavicle.

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end
> with a different letter. Name either.

Afghanistan. Or Azerbaijan. One of those. :-)

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72.

> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?

Eagle.

> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?

Wagner.

> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to
> mark what event?

Opening of the Suez Canal.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "The truth will set you free,
m...@vex.net | but first it will make you miserable."

Chris F.A. Johnson

Jun 23, 2016, 1:08:04 AM6/23/16
On 2016-06-23, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?

Chile

> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?

Persephone

> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?

Tennessee Williams

> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

Bone marrow

> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?

Clavicle

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a different letter. Name either.

Azerbaijan

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72

> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?

Eagle and snake

> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?

Lindsay Wagner

> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark what event?

The opening of the Suez Canal

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Dan Tilque

Jun 23, 2016, 1:32:59 AM6/23/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?

Chile

> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?

Persephone

> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?
> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

bone marrow

> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?

clavicle

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a different letter. Name either.

Afghanistan

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72

> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?

eagle holding a snake

> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?

Farrah Fawcett-Majors

> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark what event?

complete unification of Italy ??

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 23, 2016, 3:39:33 AM6/23/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?

Chile

> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

Marrowbone

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a
> different letter. Name either.

Afghanistan and Azerbaidzjan

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72

> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark
> what event? >

Inauguration of the Suez Canal.

Björn Lundin

Jun 23, 2016, 7:07:43 AM6/23/16
On 2016-06-23 05:20, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?
Chile
> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?
Hel
> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?
> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?
In the bone marrow
> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?
> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a different letter. Name either.
Azerbadjan
> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?
4*18 = 72
> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?
Condor?
> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?
> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark what event?

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Peter Smyth

Jun 23, 2016, 1:26:56 PM6/23/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?
Chile
> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?
> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?
> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?
Bone Marrow
> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?
Scapula
> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a
> different letter. Name either.
Afghanistan
> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested
> over how many holes?
72
> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?
Fox
> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?
> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark
> what event?

Peter Smyth

Pete

Jun 23, 2016, 5:00:10 PM6/23/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American
> country?

Chile

> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?
> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?

Irving

> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

Bone marrow

> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?

Clavicle

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a
> different letter. Name either.

Afghanistan

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72

> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?

Bear

> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV
> series of that name?
> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was
> commissioned in 1869 to mark what event?

Opening of the Suez Canal

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

bbowler

Jun 24, 2016, 10:58:50 AM6/24/16
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 20:20:04 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American
country?

Chile

> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?
> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?
> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

Bone Marrow

> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?

Clavicle

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a
> different letter. Name either.

Azerbaijan

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72

> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?
> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?

Lindsey Wagner

> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark
what
> event?

Calvin

Jun 28, 2016, 10:36:48 PM6/28/16
On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 1:20:05 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Augusto Pinochet was a former ruler of which South American country?

Chile

> 2 In Greek mythology who was Queen of the underworld?

Persephone

> 3 Who wrote the 1961 play "The Night of the Iguana"?

Tennessee Williams

> 4 Where in the body are human blood cells formed?

Bone marrow

> 5 What is the medical term for the collar bone?

Clavicle

> 6 Only two UN member states begin with the letter A but end with a different letter. Name either.

Azerbaijan or Afghanistan

> 7 Most golf tournaments are contested over how many holes?

72

> 8 Which animal is depicted on Mexico's flag?

Eagle or Snake

> 9 Who played The Bionic Woman in the 1970s TV series of that name?

Lindsay Wagner

> 10 The Giuseppe Verdi opera "Aida" was commissioned in 1869 to mark what event?

Opening of the Suez canal

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 445
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 53 Chris Johnson
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 53 Mark Brader
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 7 43 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 7 45 Bruce Bowler
1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 6 42 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 5 37 Erland S
1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 4 32 Peter Smyth
1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 4 32 Bjorn Lundin
8 3 2 8 5 8 8 3 3 5 53 66%

Congratulations to Mark and Chris on perfect rounds.

cheers,
calvin