RQFTCICR14 Game 8, Rounds 2-3: remakes, flowers

Mark Brader

Apr 29, 2023, 2:06:16 AM4/29/23
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2014-03-10,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Cellar Rats, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 8, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. The Vancouver Canucks traded Roberto Luongo to which team
last week?

2. On Wednesday the World Health Organization advised people to
limit their consumption of *what* to no more than 10% of their
daily calorie intake?

* Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes

In each case, the original movie and its remake or remakes have
the same title (in English), and you just have to name that title.

1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.

2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
the remake.

3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
and Natascha McElhone.

4. Two movie versions of this play written by Henrik Ibsen were
made in 1973. One version starred Claire Bloom, Anthony Hopkins,
and Ralph Richardson; the other starred Jane Fonda, Edward Fox,
and Trevor Howard.

5. A film version of this 1949 novel was made in 1956 starring
Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, and Jan Sterling. A more
famous version, starring John Hurt and Richard Burton, was
later released in the year the story actually takes place.

6. Simon Wells directed this movie in 2002, based on a novel his
great-grandfather wrote. In the original 1960 version of the
movie, Yvette Mimieux played an eloi.

7. Name the 1966 movie where Paul Scofield plays Sir Thomas More.
In the 1988 remake, Charlton Heston plays More.

8. Remakes of this 1933 classic were released in 1976 and 2005.
In the 1976 version Jessica Lange played the love interest of
the title character; in the 2005 version Naomi Watts played
the corresponding role.

9. In the 1953 version John Gielgud plays Cassius. In the 1970
version he plays the title role and Richard Johnson plays
Cassius.

10. Film versions of this classic 1847 novel have been released in
1939, 1953, 1970, 1992, and 2011 -- respectively starring Merle
Oberon, Irasema Dilian, Anna Calder Marshall, Juliette Binoche,
and Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Linton.

* Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture

For each photo on the flower handout

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/8-3/hort.jpg

your task is to identify which common garden flower it is, from the
list handout:

Allium | Delphinium | Lily of the Valley
Anemone | Echinacea | Lobelia
Aster | Forget-Me-Not | Narcissus
Begonia | Foxglove | Nasturtium
Chrysanthemum | Geranium | Peony
Clematis | Hibiscus | Primula
Crocus | Hyacinth | Salvia
Daisy | Hydrangea | Viola

For your convenience I have arranged the round in order by
photo number, so the 2 decoys are interspersed with the rest.
Their correct answers are also on the list. Answer the decoys if
you like for fun, but for no points.

1. Name it.
2. Name it.
3. Name it.
4. Name it.
5. Name it.
6. (decoy)
7. Name it.
8. (decoy)
9. Name it.
10. Name it.
11. Name it.
12. Name it.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I can be gullible about these kinds of things.
m...@vex.net | Or so people tell me, and I believe them."

Dan Tilque

Apr 29, 2023, 4:13:53 AM4/29/23
On 4/28/23 23:06, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. The Vancouver Canucks traded Roberto Luongo to which team
> last week?
>
> 2. On Wednesday the World Health Organization advised people to
> limit their consumption of *what* to no more than 10% of their
> daily calorie intake?

sugar

> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes
>
> In each case, the original movie and its remake or remakes have
> the same title (in English), and you just have to name that title.
>
> 1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
> Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
> Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.
>
> 2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
> with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
> remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
> who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
> the remake.
>
> 3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
> Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
> Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
> and Natascha McElhone.
>
> 4. Two movie versions of this play written by Henrik Ibsen were
> made in 1973. One version starred Claire Bloom, Anthony Hopkins,
> and Ralph Richardson; the other starred Jane Fonda, Edward Fox,
> and Trevor Howard.
>
> 5. A film version of this 1949 novel was made in 1956 starring
> Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, and Jan Sterling. A more
> famous version, starring John Hurt and Richard Burton, was
> later released in the year the story actually takes place.

1984

> 6. Simon Wells directed this movie in 2002, based on a novel his
> great-grandfather wrote. In the original 1960 version of the
> movie, Yvette Mimieux played an eloi.

The Time Machine

> 7. Name the 1966 movie where Paul Scofield plays Sir Thomas More.
> In the 1988 remake, Charlton Heston plays More.

A Man for All Seasons

> 8. Remakes of this 1933 classic were released in 1976 and 2005.
> In the 1976 version Jessica Lange played the love interest of
> the title character; in the 2005 version Naomi Watts played
> the corresponding role.

King Kong

> 9. In the 1953 version John Gielgud plays Cassius. In the 1970
> version he plays the title role and Richard Johnson plays
> Cassius.

Julius Caesar

> 10. Film versions of this classic 1847 novel have been released in
> 1939, 1953, 1970, 1992, and 2011 -- respectively starring Merle
> Oberon, Irasema Dilian, Anna Calder Marshall, Juliette Binoche,
> and Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Linton.

Wuthering Heights

> * Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture
>
> For each photo on the flower handout
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/8-3/hort.jpg
>
> your task is to identify which common garden flower it is, from the
> list handout:
>
> Allium | Delphinium | Lily of the Valley
> Anemone | Echinacea | Lobelia
> Aster | Forget-Me-Not | Narcissus
> Begonia | Foxglove | Nasturtium
> Chrysanthemum | Geranium | Peony
> Clematis | Hibiscus | Primula
> Crocus | Hyacinth | Salvia
> Daisy | Hydrangea | Viola
>
> For your convenience I have arranged the round in order by
> photo number, so the 2 decoys are interspersed with the rest.
> Their correct answers are also on the list. Answer the decoys if
> you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Name it.
> 2. Name it.
> 3. Name it.
> 4. Name it.
> 5. Name it.
> 6. (decoy)
> 7. Name it.

lily of the valley

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

Apr 29, 2023, 4:16:46 AM4/29/23
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:

> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes
>
> In each case, the original movie and its remake or remakes have
> the same title (in English), and you just have to name that title.
>
> 1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
> Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
> Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.

Håll polisen utanför

No, that is not the Swedish title of the movie, but it is the only
one I recall where Taube played. But it was a TV-series. (While he
played in some movies and TV-series, he is more known as singer,
and not the least for performing his father's songs who make up an
integral part of the Swedish cultural heritage.)

> 2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
> with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
> remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
> who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
> the remake.

Solaris

> * Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture
>
> 1. Name it.

Crocus

> 2. Name it.

Aster

> 3. Name it.

Primula

> 4. Name it.

Viola

> 5. Name it.

Narcissus

> 7. Name it.

Foxglove

> 8. (decoy)

Hyacinth

> 9. Name it.

Echinacea

> 10. Name it.

Begonia

> 11. Name it.

Nasturtium

> 12. Name it.

Chrysanthemum

Joshua Kreitzer

Apr 29, 2023, 11:16:52 AM4/29/23
On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 1:06:16 AM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes
>
> In each case, the original movie and its remake or remakes have
> the same title (in English), and you just have to name that title.
>
> 1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
> Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
> Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

> 2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
> with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
> remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
> who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
> the remake.

"Cape Fear"

> 3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
> Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
> Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
> and Natascha McElhone.

"Solaris"

> 4. Two movie versions of this play written by Henrik Ibsen were
> made in 1973. One version starred Claire Bloom, Anthony Hopkins,
> and Ralph Richardson; the other starred Jane Fonda, Edward Fox,
> and Trevor Howard.

"A Doll's House"

> 5. A film version of this 1949 novel was made in 1956 starring
> Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, and Jan Sterling. A more
> famous version, starring John Hurt and Richard Burton, was
> later released in the year the story actually takes place.

"1984"

> 6. Simon Wells directed this movie in 2002, based on a novel his
> great-grandfather wrote. In the original 1960 version of the
> movie, Yvette Mimieux played an eloi.

"The Time Machine"

> 7. Name the 1966 movie where Paul Scofield plays Sir Thomas More.
> In the 1988 remake, Charlton Heston plays More.

"A Man for All Seasons"

> 8. Remakes of this 1933 classic were released in 1976 and 2005.
> In the 1976 version Jessica Lange played the love interest of
> the title character; in the 2005 version Naomi Watts played
> the corresponding role.

"King Kong"

> 9. In the 1953 version John Gielgud plays Cassius. In the 1970
> version he plays the title role and Richard Johnson plays
> Cassius.

"Julius Caesar"

> 10. Film versions of this classic 1847 novel have been released in
> 1939, 1953, 1970, 1992, and 2011 -- respectively starring Merle
> Oberon, Irasema Dilian, Anna Calder Marshall, Juliette Binoche,
> and Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Linton.

"Wuthering Heights"

> * Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture
>
> For each photo on the flower handout
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/8-3/hort.jpg
>
> your task is to identify which common garden flower it is ...

Sorry, I can't help with this one.

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Blum

Apr 29, 2023, 11:55:55 AM4/29/23
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes

> 1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
> Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
> Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

> 2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
> with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
> remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
> who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
> the remake.

Night of the Hunter

> 3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
> Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
> Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
> and Natascha McElhone.

Solaris

> 4. Two movie versions of this play written by Henrik Ibsen were
> made in 1973. One version starred Claire Bloom, Anthony Hopkins,
> and Ralph Richardson; the other starred Jane Fonda, Edward Fox,
> and Trevor Howard.

Hedda Gabler; A Doll's House

> 5. A film version of this 1949 novel was made in 1956 starring
> Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, and Jan Sterling. A more
> famous version, starring John Hurt and Richard Burton, was
> later released in the year the story actually takes place.

1984

> 6. Simon Wells directed this movie in 2002, based on a novel his
> great-grandfather wrote. In the original 1960 version of the
> movie, Yvette Mimieux played an eloi.

The War of the Worlds

> 7. Name the 1966 movie where Paul Scofield plays Sir Thomas More.
> In the 1988 remake, Charlton Heston plays More.

A Man For All Seasons

> 8. Remakes of this 1933 classic were released in 1976 and 2005.
> In the 1976 version Jessica Lange played the love interest of
> the title character; in the 2005 version Naomi Watts played
> the corresponding role.

King Kong

> 9. In the 1953 version John Gielgud plays Cassius. In the 1970
> version he plays the title role and Richard Johnson plays
> Cassius.

Caligula; Julius Caesar

> 10. Film versions of this classic 1847 novel have been released in
> 1939, 1953, 1970, 1992, and 2011 -- respectively starring Merle
> Oberon, Irasema Dilian, Anna Calder Marshall, Juliette Binoche,
> and Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Linton.

Wuthering Heights

> * Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture

> 1. Name it.

crocus

> 2. Name it.

peony

> 3. Name it.

delphinium; anemone

> 4. Name it.

forget-me-not

> 5. Name it.

lily of the valley

> 7. Name it.

clematis

> 9. Name it.

begonia; hibiscus

> 10. Name it.

chrysanthemum

> 11. Name it.

aster

> 12. Name it.

hibiscus; anemone

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Pete Gayde

Apr 29, 2023, 2:54:41 PM4/29/23
Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2014-03-10,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Cellar Rats, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 8, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. The Vancouver Canucks traded Roberto Luongo to which team
> last week?
>
> 2. On Wednesday the World Health Organization advised people to
> limit their consumption of *what* to no more than 10% of their
> daily calorie intake?

Fat

> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes
>
> In each case, the original movie and its remake or remakes have
> the same title (in English), and you just have to name that title.
>
> 1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
> Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
> Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.
>
> 2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
> with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
> remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
> who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
> the remake.

Cape Fear

> 3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
> Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
> Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
> and Natascha McElhone.
>
> 4. Two movie versions of this play written by Henrik Ibsen were
> made in 1973. One version starred Claire Bloom, Anthony Hopkins,
> and Ralph Richardson; the other starred Jane Fonda, Edward Fox,
> and Trevor Howard.

The Cherry Orchard

> 5. A film version of this 1949 novel was made in 1956 starring
> Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, and Jan Sterling. A more
> famous version, starring John Hurt and Richard Burton, was
> later released in the year the story actually takes place.

1984

> 6. Simon Wells directed this movie in 2002, based on a novel his
> great-grandfather wrote. In the original 1960 version of the
> movie, Yvette Mimieux played an eloi.

The Time Machine

> 7. Name the 1966 movie where Paul Scofield plays Sir Thomas More.
> In the 1988 remake, Charlton Heston plays More.

A Man for All Seasons

> 8. Remakes of this 1933 classic were released in 1976 and 2005.
> In the 1976 version Jessica Lange played the love interest of
> the title character; in the 2005 version Naomi Watts played
> the corresponding role.

King Kong

> 9. In the 1953 version John Gielgud plays Cassius. In the 1970
> version he plays the title role and Richard Johnson plays
> Cassius.

Julius Caesar

> 10. Film versions of this classic 1847 novel have been released in
> 1939, 1953, 1970, 1992, and 2011 -- respectively starring Merle
> Oberon, Irasema Dilian, Anna Calder Marshall, Juliette Binoche,
> and Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Linton.

Emma; Madame Bovary

> * Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture
>
> For each photo on the flower handout
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/8-3/hort.jpg
>
> your task is to identify which common garden flower it is, from the
> list handout:
>
> Allium | Delphinium | Lily of the Valley
> Anemone | Echinacea | Lobelia
> Aster | Forget-Me-Not | Narcissus
> Begonia | Foxglove | Nasturtium
> Chrysanthemum | Geranium | Peony
> Clematis | Hibiscus | Primula
> Crocus | Hyacinth | Salvia
> Daisy | Hydrangea | Viola
>
> For your convenience I have arranged the round in order by
> photo number, so the 2 decoys are interspersed with the rest.
> Their correct answers are also on the list. Answer the decoys if
> you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Name it.

Crocus

> 2. Name it.

Begonia

> 3. Name it.

Allium; Lobelia

> 4. Name it.

Nasturtium; Delphinium

> 5. Name it.

Forget-Me-Not; Nasturtium

> 6. (decoy)
> 7. Name it.

Foxglove

> 8. (decoy)
> 9. Name it.

Hydrangea

> 10. Name it.

Hibiscus

> 11. Name it.

Clematis

> 12. Name it.

Begonia

Pete Gayde

Mark Brader

May 2, 2023, 1:55:37 PM5/2/23
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on
> 2014-03-10, and should be interpreted accordingly... For further
> information... see my 2022-09-09 companion posting on "Reposted
> Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 8, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. The Vancouver Canucks traded Roberto Luongo to which team
> last week?

Florida Panthers.

> 2. On Wednesday the World Health Organization advised people to
> limit their consumption of *what* to no more than 10% of their
> daily calorie intake?

Sugar. Dan Tilque got this.

> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes

> In each case, the original movie and its remake or remakes have
> the same title (in English), and you just have to name that title.

This was the easiest round in the original game.

> 1. In the original movie, Sven-Bertil Taube plays the role of the
> Swedish industrialist Henrik Vanger. In the Hollywood remake,
> Christopher Plummer plays Vanger.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 2. This movie released in 1962 deals with a lawyer who has problems
> with a prisoner when the prisoner is released from jail. It was
> remade in 1991; Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam,
> who all starred in the original version, had cameo roles in
> the remake.

"Cape Fear". 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
> Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
> Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
> and Natascha McElhone.

"Solaris". 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 4. Two movie versions of this play written by Henrik Ibsen were
> made in 1973. One version starred Claire Bloom, Anthony Hopkins,
> and Ralph Richardson; the other starred Jane Fonda, Edward Fox,
> and Trevor Howard.

"A Doll's House". 4 for Joshua. 2 for Dan Blum.

> 5. A film version of this 1949 novel was made in 1956 starring
> Edmond O'Brien, Michael Redgrave, and Jan Sterling. A more
> famous version, starring John Hurt and Richard Burton, was
> later released in the year the story actually takes place.

"Nineteen Eighty-Four". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

If I'd written the question, I would've said "was released in 1984"
for the remake. I think it's harder that way.

> 6. Simon Wells directed this movie in 2002, based on a novel his
> great-grandfather wrote. In the original 1960 version of the
> movie, Yvette Mimieux played an eloi.

"The Time Machine". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Pete.

> 7. Name the 1966 movie where Paul Scofield plays Sir Thomas More.
> In the 1988 remake, Charlton Heston plays More.

"A Man for All Seasons". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum,
and Pete.

> 8. Remakes of this 1933 classic were released in 1976 and 2005.
> In the 1976 version Jessica Lange played the love interest of
> the title character; in the 2005 version Naomi Watts played
> the corresponding role.

"King Kong". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 9. In the 1953 version John Gielgud plays Cassius. In the 1970
> version he plays the title role and Richard Johnson plays
> Cassius.

"Julius Caesar". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Pete. 2 for Dan Blum.

> 10. Film versions of this classic 1847 novel have been released in
> 1939, 1953, 1970, 1992, and 2011 -- respectively starring Merle
> Oberon, Irasema Dilian, Anna Calder Marshall, Juliette Binoche,
> and Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Linton.

"Wuthering Heights". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Dan Blum.

> * Game 8, Round 3 - Science - Floral Horticulture

> For each photo on the flower handout

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/8-3/hort.jpg

> your task is to identify which common garden flower it is, from the
> list handout:

> Allium | Delphinium | Lily of the Valley
> Anemone | Echinacea | Lobelia
> Aster | Forget-Me-Not | Narcissus
> Begonia | Foxglove | Nasturtium
> Chrysanthemum | Geranium | Peony
> Clematis | Hibiscus | Primula
> Crocus | Hyacinth | Salvia
> Daisy | Hydrangea | Viola

> For your convenience I have arranged the round in order by
> photo number, so the 2 decoys are interspersed with the rest.
> Their correct answers are also on the list. Answer the decoys if
> you like for fun, but for no points.

The Cellar Rats tried to save some money in the original game by
printing only one copy per game of the handout in color; the other
players had to try to identify flowers from a black-and-white version!
For some of the photos it was hard to even see the flowers.

> 1. Name it.

Crocus. 4 for Erland, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 2. Name it.

Primula.

> 3. Name it.

Allium. 3 for Pete.

> 4. Name it.

Forget-Me-Not. 4 for Dan Blum.

> 5. Name it.

Narcissus. 4 for Erland.

> 6. (decoy)

Delphinium.

> 7. Name it.

Foxglove. 4 for Erland and Pete.

> 8. (decoy)

Hyacinth. Erland got this.

> 9. Name it.

Nasturtium.

> 10. Name it.

Hibiscus. 4 for Pete.

I used to like what Hawaiian Air, as it then was, did with a hibiscus
to make their logo. In later versions starting in 2001, though, the
expression strikes me as rather grim. See:
http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/596f8db41a00003600dbf96c.png
And the 2017 version is no better:
http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/596f8cfe15000029008b2972.jpg

> 11. Name it.

Clematis. 4 for Pete.

> 12. Name it.

Salvia.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 8 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Sci
Pete Gayde 24 19 43
Joshua Kreitzer 40 0 40
Dan Blum 28 8 36
Dan Tilque 24 0 24
Erland Sommarskog 0 12 12

--
Mark Brader | "A man's vehicle is a symbol of his manhood. That's why
Toronto | my vehicle's the Piccadilly Line - It's the size of a county

Erland Sommarskog

May 2, 2023, 2:30:53 PM5/2/23
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
>> * Game 8, Round 2 - Entertainment - Movie Remakes
>
>> 3. This 1972 science-fiction movie from the Polish director Andrei
>> Tarkovsky was considered Russia's answer to "2001: A Space
>> Odyssey". A remake of the movie in 2002 starred George Clooney
>> and Natascha McElhone.
>
> "Solaris". 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

Didn't I get this one? Oh, I see now that I placed the answer under
the wrong question. Drat.