No Math

1 view

Greg Eichelberger

Jul 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/8/95
On July 7, 1995, rob...@cc764.comm.mot.com <Robert Day> wrote:

>One of my friends keeps repeating this quote on the golf course, and it's
>killing me trying to remember what movie it's from. The quote is:

>"I was told there would be no math"

>My friends and I have some ideas, but no one can remember for sure.

>Thanks for any help.

Don't mention it, Rob. That quote came from the second season of "Saturday
Night Live". There was a sketch about the Presidential debates between
Ford (played by Chevy Chase) and Carter (Danny Aykroyd), when one of the
panel came up with a query about economics filled with a bunch of numbers.

Chase (as Ford) looked confused and then uttered the line in question.

Later on, he fell over the podium and was injured in real life, just like
Ford had done so many times, in real life.

As far as a movie, I don't know, but this is where I first heard the quote.

Hope this helps, Rob.

Greg Eichelberger