[METW] At Homes On Guard

Amazo

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

Should I play a Dragon At Home manifestation On Guard at the
relevant site, It will not trigger until after a card is played, and
therefore it does not have to be faced, correct?

'For the collection of HUGO BRACEGIRDLE, From a contributor', on a
bookcase. Hugo was a great borrower of books, and worse than usual at
returning them. --Lord of the Rings, Part I
.......................manlapas@email.unc.edu..............................

Trevor Stone

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

In article <51k9q1$9...@newz.oit.unc.edu>, Amazo <manl...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> Should I play a Dragon At Home manifestation On Guard at the
>relevant site, It will not trigger until after a card is played, and
>therefore it does not have to be faced, correct?

No, it definitely affects the auto-attack! It'll be a big surprise, although
they may be expecting it.

### Trevor Stone tst...@bvsd.k12.co.us tst...@nyx.net ###
### http://bvsd.k12.co.us/~tstone : Middle-earth, interactive labyrinth, ###
### Magic, contests, Shakespearean curse generator, 5675 verbs, and more ###
### Curse of the moment: Thou gnarling swag-bellied snipe! ###

C William Toraason

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.misc: 16-Sep-96 [METW] At
Homes On Guard by Am...@email.unc.edu
> Should I play a Dragon At Home manifestation On Guard at the
> relevant site, It will not trigger until after a card is played, and
> therefore it does not have to be faced, correct?

I think that the official rules (I don't have them on me) say that a
card on-guard may be flipped over when the auto-attack is about to be
faced if it is a hazard creature or affects the auto-attack (awaken
denizens, incite denizens, eye of sauron, etc.) Although technically
the dragon at home manifestations are not hazard creatures, I would say
that they do fall under the catagory of cards that affect the
auto-attack, since they do add a second auto-attack.
A question I have is am I correct in thinking that the auto-attack
for the at Home cards must be faced after the auto-attack on the site
cards?
Will Toraason

Ichabod

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In article <UmEg0ua00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, C William Toraason
<tora...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> A question I have is am I correct in thinking that the auto-attack
>for the at Home cards must be faced after the auto-attack on the site
>cards?

Correct. As a general rule attacks added to sites are faced after ones
already on the site.

------ "The Crossing-guard of Mordor" ------
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien http://www.cstone.net/~ichabod
ich...@cstone.net METW: Rules Archivist
Founder "Team Ichabod" Undefeated on the Pro-Tour
-----Self Proclaimed Most Mediocre Player in the World-----