HG: Hyborian Gates card list?

Keith Wilhite

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95

Picked up some Hyborian Gates cards today (gotta love the art!). Does
anyone have a card list or a booster/starter rarity distribution put
together (or did I miss it)?

--

Keith Wilhite - kwil...@hiwaay.net -
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~kwilhite/

John M. Elston

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95
Conjure #5 had a list with rarities. I haven't seen a list on the net
yet.

Keith Wilhite (kwil...@hiwaay.net) wrote:

: Picked up some Hyborian Gates cards today (gotta love the art!). Does

: --

--
John M. Elston (217) 352-6908
Elston Computer Consulting els...@prairienet.org

Kevin

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95
In article <3tvcg1$s...@fly.HiWAAY.net>,

Keith Wilhite <kwil...@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Picked up some Hyborian Gates cards today (gotta love the art!). Does
>anyone have a card list or a booster/starter rarity distribution put
>together (or did I miss it)?
>
>--
>
> Keith Wilhite - kwil...@hiwaay.net -
>http://fly.hiwaay.net/~kwilhite/

The list in Conjure #5 for Hyborean Gates is incomplete, and the rarity
ratings are inaccurate. Many of the cards listed as Rare are actually
Ultra-Rare, and many of the Ultra-Rare (R2) cards they list are actually
rare.
The list is missing the entire list of Vortex Tactics cards as well.
If no one posts a complete list before tomorrow, I will post it (as soon
as I type it up.) The hardcopy list came directly from the company
(Cardz!) that manufactures the game.

Additionally, I am looking for opinions of this game and any other info you
might be able to send me - I am doing an article for Ventura magazine
on Hyborean Gates, and would greatly appreciate as much input as possible.

Thanks!
Crazy Jeff Archer
Manager - Twilight Zone Comics
Co-Producer of Flights of Fantasy Television
Writer
Musician

Hyborian

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95
An official version of the complete cardlist for Hyborian Gates will be
available shortly. You can get it from me through email (if you mail now
I'll send it out in a couple of days). Plus, I'll be posting it soon and
it will also be available on our FTP and Websites sometime next week.

Check this newsgroup for more info as it becomes available.

Dave N.
Hyborian Gates Player Support Team (we need a better name)

Hyborian

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95

Additionally, I am looking for opinions of this game and any other info
you
might be able to send me - I am doing an article for Ventura magazine
on Hyborean Gates, and would greatly appreciate as much input as possible.
<<

If you need info, just drop me a line in email. We can answer just about
any question you have.

Maralj

Jul 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/12/95
Where did you guys find the cards; i.e. what stores?

Thanks,

Tom Skovronsky

Hyborian

Jul 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/13/95
HG cards should be available just about anywhere. If your local retailer
doesn't have them yet, he can get them from any of the major game or card
distributors.

In addition, retailers can get their customers a special promotional
Trooper package with some cool giveaway stuff, including a limited
printing card...at least until they run out.

If your local store is having trouble getting cards from his distributor,
have him call 1-800-373-GATE.

Dave N.
Hyborian Support Group

Hyborian

Jul 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/14/95
The card list has now been posted. Look for it here and on the announce
group.

Dave N.

Chad A. Gross

Jul 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/15/95
In article <3u0j50$o...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>, badk...@wam.umd.edu (Kevin) says:

>In article <3tvcg1$s...@fly.HiWAAY.net>,
>Keith Wilhite <kwil...@hiwaay.net> wrote:
>>
>> Picked up some Hyborian Gates cards today (gotta love the art!). Does
>>anyone have a card list or a booster/starter rarity distribution put
>>together (or did I miss it)?
>>
>>--
>>
>> Keith Wilhite - kwil...@hiwaay.net -
>>http://fly.hiwaay.net/~kwilhite/
>>

>The list in Conjure #5 for Hyborean Gates is incomplete, and the rarity
>ratings are inaccurate. Many of the cards listed as Rare are actually
>Ultra-Rare, and many of the Ultra-Rare (R2) cards they list are actually
>rare.
>The list is missing the entire list of Vortex Tactics cards as well.
>If no one posts a complete list before tomorrow, I will post it (as soon
>as I type it up.) The hardcopy list came directly from the company
>(Cardz!) that manufactures the game.
>
>Additionally, I am looking for opinions of this game and any other info you
>might be able to send me - I am doing an article for Ventura magazine
>on Hyborean Gates, and would greatly appreciate as much input as possible.
>
>Thanks!
>Crazy Jeff Archer
>Manager - Twilight Zone Comics
>Co-Producer of Flights of Fantasy Television
>Writer
>Musician

Well, I have played HG a few times, even with my wife. We enjoyed it and
were very impressed with the art. The rules are a bit complex at first, but
once you get used to them and the icons, you are ready to go. The gameplay
reminds me of Spellfire.
On another note, I also play PowerCardz. I really like this game, it is a
lot of cheap honest fun. The bad guys are great to play and the good guys
can really kick some butt. The character cards are good artwork and you can
actually somewhat visualize each character. The powers are well distributed
and the enhancements can really change the game. The rules are very well done
except for a few bare spots, I think the game is a lot of fun.

Cthulhu

leewat...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2015, 11:40:25 PM10/5/15
does anyone play this anymore I just came across some from 1995 2 limited edition starter packs game board and these cards that we're with it looks like they are pop outs like a 3d thing you pu together