How can I speed my land destruction deck

Patrick Kong

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/19/95
Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
test
out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck
badly. Here it is:

Black:
2 hypnotic spectors
4 icequakes
2 drain life
3 demonic hordes

Red:
4 lightning bolts
2 fireballs
1 wheel of fortune
4 stone rain
4 fissure

Artifact:
1 Sol ring
3 Black Vises
1 fountain of youth
1 Feldon's cane

Lands
10 swamps
10 Moutains
4 Stripmines

Please give me your comments and suggestions

Wooden Sphere rules!

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/19/95
In article <464jv3$1t...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>, QGD...@prodigy.com
says...

>Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
>test
>out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck
>badly.
>Please give me your comments and suggestions

I think you should suppress your Hypnotics. OK, Hypnotics are great, but IMHO,
you should focus on land destruction rather than hand denial
You should add 4 dark rituals and 4 Sinkholes.That would really speed your
deck! (By the way,Fissure is too slow for a quick land destruction deck)
Another idea is to add some blue for Power Sink and Psychic Venom . Then you
could add some black enchant land (BB) that destroys land when tapped (but I
don't remember its name)
Last but not least, try Dingus Egg

--
P114...@students.admin.uottawa.ca

Albert Ko

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/19/95

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Travis Youman wrote:

That's Blight(land enchantment) also try Icequakes with Dark Rituals.
Blue if used well can be a good support.

> You might also want to side-board some evil presences and throw in some
> swamp-walking creatures... lost souls or bog wraiths would do fine. Plus,
> if you're playing against someone who's not playing black, a swamp will
> impede them as much as destroying the land. Made a great hand destruction,
> land destruction deck this way... I'd evil presence the land i didn't
> destroy, and then just swampwalk him to death.
>
> Travis

Travis has a good point, but Bog Wraiths are Bolt fodder so toy with
Leshrac's Sigil (IA gives creature Swampwalk). Do you use R/G/B? Mebbe
Wombats with the Sigils and whatever to do damage and mebbe one
Earthlink. Be warned that swamps have the potential to be Dark Ritualed
and thus always a danger unless they don't use Black. Evil Presence is
good for neutralizing those special lands (i.e. Storage, sacland, multi,
special ability). Good luck!

|=+Albert+=|
============"Stasis isn't Restricted?!"================

Travis Youman

Oct 19, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/19/95
In <465c3k$2p...@mercury.cc.uottawa.ca> P114...@students.admin.uottawa.ca (Wooden Sphere rules!) writes:

>In article <464jv3$1t...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>, QGD...@prodigy.com
>says...
>>
>>Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
>>test
>>out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck
>>badly.
>>Please give me your comments and suggestions

>I think you should suppress your Hypnotics. OK, Hypnotics are great, but IMHO,
>you should focus on land destruction rather than hand denial
>You should add 4 dark rituals and 4 Sinkholes.That would really speed your
>deck! (By the way,Fissure is too slow for a quick land destruction deck)
>Another idea is to add some blue for Power Sink and Psychic Venom . Then you
>could add some black enchant land (BB) that destroys land when tapped (but I
>don't remember its name)
>Last but not least, try Dingus Egg

You might also want to side-board some evil presences and throw in some

Frederick Scott

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/20/95
QGD...@prodigy.com (Patrick Kong) writes:

>Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
>test out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck

>badly. Here it is:
>
>Black:
>2 hypnotic spectors
>4 icequakes
>2 drain life
>3 demonic hordes
>
>Red:
>4 lightning bolts
>2 fireballs
>1 wheel of fortune
>4 stone rain
>4 fissure
>
>Artifact:
>1 Sol ring
>3 Black Vises
>1 fountain of youth
>1 Feldon's cane
>
>Lands
>10 swamps
>10 Moutains
>4 Stripmines

I had the same problem with my Type 2 Land Destruction deck. I solved it
by adding 3 Pyroclasms. My reasoning was that the only thing that would
beat it was likely to be a weeny creature deck, which the Pyroclasms do
a magnificent job with. I started out with 4 'clasms in the sideboard but
found that I was still getting beat too easily by weeny creatures that would
take the first game of the best of three match. So I moved 3 of them to the
main deck (they can be still be swapped out if you find you don't need them)
and I started doing a _lot_ better.

As for Type 1, you may be stuck. Trying to run that baby against decks with
Moxen in them may simply never work. When I ran a Type 1 Land Destruction
deck, I went for 16 straight LD cards instead of 12 and the Fissures. Fissures
are too slow for your purposes. At the time, I used Ice Storms and Sinkholes
with the Stone Rains and Strip Mines. You can just add Sinkholes to the above
(if you can get them) and I suspect it'll help. Lose the Demonic Hordes and
replace them with the last Vice and maybe a Howling Mine or two or maybe
more direct damage. Demonic Hordes are wonderful if you can get them out and
start using them but usually they're simply too slow. And any white opponent
worth his salt will save his StP's for them.

Fred

aln...@interserv.com

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/20/95
> fre...@anthrax.cisco.com (Frederick Scott) writes:
>
> As for Type 1, you may be stuck. (stuff deleted). Lose the Demonic Hordes and
> replace them with(suff). Demonic Hordes are wonderful.... but usually they're simply
too slow.

Most LD decks nowadays utilize both green and black- demonic hordes are
a little slow and dangerous, but if you put instill energies in your deck, they
are great for getting and maintaining a land lock on the opponent. You need
the fast land destruction cards (mostly strip mines and sinkholes, I would go
to to ice storms the icequakes in that order after that for mana reasons)

Word of advice- if you use this tactic against white kill their last 3 mana on the
same turn if you can- you do not want them to play a balance if they have 2 land
if you have a hordes out!

Also, another reason for green: Titanias Song is the ultimate mox killer! Spell
blast is good against lotus/mox. Artifact blasts work for red, but moxes tend
to get out too fast for artifact blast to be succesful, in general, run against
moxes with shatters or shatterstorm (or both- use a shatter as couter bait and
follow up with shatterstorm!)

DeAnn Iwan

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/20/95

(Patrick Kong) writes:
> |> Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
> |> test
> |> out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck
> |> badly. Here it is:

deck deleted for brevity

> Short of expensive OOP cards, the absolute best way to speed up this
deck is the
> best card around... Dark Ritual!
>
> Also, try to include a few things that will let you draw cards...

Just don't use the dark ritual to pop you're demonic hordes out at
the beginning of the game--or you'll speed the game up a lot faster than
you intend!

Alberto Valverde

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/20/95
to fre...@anthrax.cisco.com
You'll need Nether Voids and Abysses (if u can get them) Replace
fissures with sinkholes and if u can add white for dieschants and maybe
swords to plowshares...even better.
A tournament winning deck i saw over here was just like that, it played
green/black/red/white but i think it would do better without green. Your
land destroyers should be: Icequake, sinkhole, strip mine and stone
rain.
Hope it hepls, Alberto.

Alberto Valverde

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/20/95
to fre...@anthrax.cisco.com

aln...@interserv.com

Oct 21, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/21/95
> b...@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Ben Rounsevell) writes:
Stick to the fastest and best. In order of best to
> worse they are:
>
> 1) Sinkhole
> 2) Stone Rain or Ice Storm
> 3) Icequake or Thermokast
> 4) Blight
> 5) Any LD card with a casting cost of more than 3 (including fissure,
> conquer, or fumarole, never use these)

I know you already have them in the deck, but before
1, I would put:

0) Strip mine

Just for completeness of your little list.

Also, I would probably put Icequake in "1.5"- it's sized right
for a dark ritual.

Robert E. Taylor

Oct 21, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/21/95
In article <464jv3$1t...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com> QGD...@prodigy.com (Patrick Kong) writes:
>From: QGD...@prodigy.com (Patrick Kong)
>Newsgroups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy
>Subject: How can I speed my land destruction deck
>Date: 19 Oct 1995 04:25:07 GMT

>Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
>test
>out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck
>badly. Here it is:

>Black:

>2 hypnotic spectors
>4 icequakes
>2 drain life
>3 demonic hordes

>Red:
>4 lightning bolts
>2 fireballs
>1 wheel of fortune
>4 stone rain
>4 fissure

>Artifact:
>1 Sol ring
>3 Black Vises
>1 fountain of youth
>1 Feldon's cane

>Lands
>10 swamps
>10 Moutains
>4 Stripmines

>Please give me your comments and suggestions

Maybe some dark rituals.

Robert

mk0...@acad.drake.edu

Oct 22, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/22/95
In article <464jv3$1t...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>, QGD...@prodigy.com (Patrick Kong) writes:
> Hi wuzup. Lately I have been building a land destruction deck but when I
> test
> out the deck it was too slow but effective. I want to speed up my deck
> badly. Here it is:

Look's like you're going to have to invest some cash here goes

> Black:
> 2 hypnotic spectors
> 4 icequakes
> 2 drain life
> 3 demonic hordes

Pick up four UL Sinkholes ($10 I think). Drop the Icequakes and specters (I'll
tell you why later) Oh, good god DROP THE HORDES too big, and their a
creature. (explain later). Drop the drain lifre and add paralyzes (lots).

> Red:
> 4 lightning bolts
> 2 fireballs
> 1 wheel of fortune
> 4 stone rain
> 4 fissure

Drop the fissures, their too expensive., Pick up a fork.

> Artifact:
> 1 Sol ring
> 3 Black Vises
> 1 fountain of youth
> 1 Feldon's cane

Add another Black Vise, and drop the fountain.

> Lands
> 10 swamps
> 10 Moutains
> 4 Stripmines

Add Taberbnacle at Pendrale Vale (Legendary Land requires all creatures to
have an upkeep of 1)

Think abot adding green for Ice Storms, regrowtth etc. Also, Howling mines are
good, because they keep drawing cards, and can't play them. I have a Land
destruction deck that's kickin' and wins tourneys, e-mail me if you want to
see a copy of it

> Please give me your comments and suggestions

--
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Matthew Koch
mk0...@acad.drake.edu
"Mana Man"

Jean Couture

Oct 23, 1995, 3:00:00β€―AM10/23/95

How about some Jandor`s Saddlebags to double the Hordes` pleasure? And
you still get 5 points back if the opponent plows it. Just Raise it back into
your hands or better yet, Animate it.

Nusrat Faria

Feb 16, 2024, 8:01:25β€―AMFeb 16
βœ…πŸ”΄β–ΆοΈβ–Ά Really Amazing ️You Can Try This β—€οΈβ—€οΈπŸ”΄βœ…
πŸ”΄ALL>Moviesβœ… πŸ“Ί πŸ“± πŸ’» βœ…ALL>MoviesπŸ”΄
βœ…β–ΆοΈβ–ΆοΈ CLICK HERE Full HDβœ…720pβœ…1080pβœ…4Kβœ…

WATCH βœ…πŸ’»πŸ“ΊπŸ“±πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org

α—ͺOα—―α‘Žα’ͺOα—©α—ͺ βœ…πŸ“ΊπŸ“±πŸ’»πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org

πŸ”΄πŸ“±WATCH>>α—ͺOα—―α‘Žα’ͺOα—©α—ͺ>>HERE>πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org

βœ…πŸ’»WATCH>>α—ͺOα—―α‘Žα’ͺOα—©α—ͺ>>HERE>πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org