David Bachmann and Cheating

Nate Clarke

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97

Maniac187 wrote:

> Ok I had enough of this. Everybody knows me as "The Cheater" and it is
> pissing me off. I have one question for all of you people that say I
> cheat, Have you ever seen me cheat? If anyone has a problem with me
> because they think I cheat, play me for ante sometime with all of your
> friends watching the game to make sure I don't cheat and I will KICK THE
> CRAP out of each and everyone of you one at a time. Then maybe you will
> appreciate me as a non-cheater. Once you catch me cheating you can call
> me a cheater and post all you want about me cheating, but untill then shut
> the hell up.
>
> By the way Pikula, Who told you that I land taxed for a wrath of god? I
> heard that I land taxed for 2 plows and a wrath. I heard this from JON
> FINKEL who I am almost positive told this to you.
>
> David Bachmann
> Member of Team E.C.A (Also known to most people as the East Coast
> Cheaters)
> #10 ranked Type 2
> Non-Cheater
> Best Drafter in the World
> Better than Jon Finkel

I have personally played David Bachmann numerous times and he
cheats his ass off worse than Mike Long, Justin Schneider, and Jason
Gordon combined! Don't let this "feel sorry for me" attitude of his
get to you. If you ever have the misfortune of playing his punk ass,
watch him like a hawk. He takes EVERY chance he gets to draw extra
cards, not take damage, etc... I'm so sick of cheaters in Magic, and
David Bachmann is the worst one there is..

-Nate C.

Nate Clarke

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97

Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
good players alone.

-Nate C.

Chris Pikula

Apr 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/19/97

Maniac187 wrote:

> By the way Pikula, Who told you that I land taxed for a wrath of god? I
> heard that I land taxed for 2 plows and a wrath. I heard this from JON
> FINKEL who I am almost positive told this to you.

Hey, Dave. Chill out. I firmly believe that you used to cheat, but
you were just a kid back then, ya know. I'm confidant that your
someone who can be trusted now. You won't hear me saying a bad thing
about you unless I see you cheat myself. No hard feelings, I hope.
Anyway, I'm concentrating my efforts on Jason Gordon from now on.

Chris Pikula

Maniac187

Siberbob7

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

I don't know who you are David Bachmann, but you have a real hot-head !!!
I remember watching you play some innocent old lady in a Type 2
Tournament, and you put a Zuran orb, a Wrath of God, and a Swords to
Plowshares into your hand when you were supposed to be Land Taxing. I
guess you can say I have a problem with you pal. You call yourself the
best drafter in the world, I'll play ante against you. Name the type of
draft, and the amount of money and we'll see if we can set something up.
Sound good to you assassin ???

Mark Le Pine,
The Nonamed Player

RлоС

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Nate Clarke wrote:
> I have personally played David Bachmann numerous times and he
> cheats his ass off worse than Mike Long, Justin Schneider, and Jason
> Gordon combined! Don't let this "feel sorry for me" attitude of his
> get to you. If you ever have the misfortune of playing his punk ass,
> watch him like a hawk. He takes EVERY chance he gets to draw extra
> cards, not take damage, etc... I'm so sick of cheaters in Magic, and
> David Bachmann is the worst one there is..
>
> -Nate C.

Not to get mad or anything, but here are a few things. 1. This is not
at all strategy oriented, but it does have something to do with
tournaments so I can't complain here. 2. Why don't all you whiny
bitches just have your own newsgroup where you "pros" can argue and
accuse each other of cheating. 3. Around here when we land tax we throw
the basic lands into play so the other person can see them and then put
them in our hands. 4. If you want to make a personal remark to someone
then e-mail them. 5. If you're real he-men then try constructed, you
might brag and then get screwed with the cards whether you cheat or not.
6. See #3 7. Did I mention to see #3?

Anybody else agree?
--
RКНя
http://www.voy.net/~camp

RлоС

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97
to Nate Clarke

No. HELL no. Superiors? Who do you think you are? Oooohh.. I'm a little
cocky punk who thinks he's god. Some people are pathetic. Nobody is
superior to anybody and you remember that. Oh yeah, I was taking your
side. Thanks. I actually read your tourney reports and was kinda
thinking you were decent. There went that.

Ralthor

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Just an unbiased opinion.

> Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.

Listen fuckface, you posted this to a newsgroup. That makes evrything
you say public property.

> You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> good players alone.

Good players? Where? Oh you. RAONTFL

--
Anything that happens, happens.

Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen,
causes something else to happen.

Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again,
happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.

FartMan

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Nate Clarke wrote:

> Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> good players alone.
>
> -Nate C.

First of all, if this is a joke, it's in pretty poor taste (though, I
chuckled when I read it). If not, I don't know what the fuck your
problem is. Whether or not you are better, a cheater, or whatever than
us in your own little world doesn't matter, because this is a perfect
example of taking things a liiittlle to far. Hope you were joking. If
not fuck you.

Scrub like every one else,

Chris Corrente

Chris Noonan

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

> Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> good players alone.

Ooooo, look! A newsgroup dictator.
Here's a helpful hint - if you don't want people joining in, use email.
Otherwise, Mein Fuhrer, you'll find you hold very little power here.

- Zeik Heil!
Chris

RлоС

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

since i'm that one that got 'ol nate mad i guess i should mention that
he didn't even have the balls to e-mail me, so this must not be me, he
must just want attention.

Knight

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

No need to get angry, gents. Just examine the message a little more closely:

> Nate Clarke wrote:
> >
> > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> > good players alone.
> >

> > -Nate C.

A classic example of a man with an apparent inferiority complex. Those who are
confidant in their greatness feel no need to shoot down those who they consider less
competent than themselves. This gentleman deserves our pity, not our anger.

Besides, I've go a Rakalite combo that toast his ass 7 days a week. :-)

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 19-Apr-97
Re: David Bachmann and Chea.. by Nate Cla...@mail.idt.net
> I have personally played David Bachmann numerous times and he
> cheats his ass off worse than Mike Long, Justin Schneider, and Jason
> Gordon combined! Don't let this "feel sorry for me" attitude of his
> get to you. If you ever have the misfortune of playing his punk ass,
> watch him like a hawk. He takes EVERY chance he gets to draw extra
> cards, not take damage, etc... I'm so sick of cheaters in Magic, and
> David Bachmann is the worst one there is..
>
> -Nate C.

Who is David Bachmann?

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Maniac187

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Hey Nate (Master of the Thawing Tutor) and Lepine (Master of the what time
is it? Draw an extra card) shut the hell up and stop kidding around.
Some people might believe you. This is a serious fucking topic you little
shits so keep your mouths shut unless you want me to make it so you can't
open them myself.

David Bachmann
Member of Team E.C.A A.K.A (undefeated against team Asslicker)
Better than Jon Finkel
#10 ranked type 2

David Bachmann

Nate Clarke

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Hey Bachmann, don't even try to make excuses. Everyone
knows that you and your not-so-great Team ECA cheat as much
as possible.. Frankly I'm sick of it, cheaters like you guys
should be punished by DCI.. Or maybe just not allowed to play
in your local tourneys, ever heard of that happening to someone?
Maybe someday you'll learn to be an honest person and play
with some dignity.

-Nate C.

Nate Clarke

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

RКНя wrote:

> Chris Noonan wrote:
> >
> > > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> > > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> > > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> > > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> > > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> > > good players alone.
> >

> > Ooooo, look! A newsgroup dictator.
> > Here's a helpful hint - if you don't want people joining in, use email.
> > Otherwise, Mein Fuhrer, you'll find you hold very little power here.
> >
> > - Zeik Heil!
> > Chris
>
> since i'm that one that got 'ol nate mad i guess i should mention that
> he didn't even have the balls to e-mail me, so this must not be me, he
> must just want attention.
> --
> RКНя
> http://www.voy.net/~camp
> @ ATTENTION!
> Scud Disposable Robot Assassin:
> Heart Breaker Series 1373
> This Unit will Self-Destruct
> Upon Termination of Target

I never E-mailed you because I don't give a left nut
about your pathetic ass. So just shut the fuck up and leave me
alone. You and the rest of your scrub buddies can go ream each other
for all I care, but don't fucking talk to superiors like me
unless I tell you to. Learn some fucking respect boy!

-Nate C.

Ben Johnson

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

This has got to be the funniest thread since Asskicker challenged us!
Bravo gentlemen, this newsgroup is on fire!

Hacker
Team Dickhead

TParodi

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

I normally don't get involved in these types of discussions, but having
known Dave as a participant of my tournaments for some time, I felt I
should add a thing or two.

I have never caught Dave cheating. He might have done some questionable
things in playstyle but not cheating.

I challenge both Dave, Nate and his buddy, to settle this at Grand Prix in
a test of skill. 4 different events, Type1, Type2, Sealed and (a premier
event) the trashtalk contest.

Regards,

Tony Parodi
Gray Matter Conventions

PS. We thought about a chair throwing contest but apparently one of the
contestents is already experienced in this event.

Maniac187

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Here you go. Even the judge that threw me out of tournaments says that I
am not a cheater. This should end it all.

David Bachmann
Member of Team E.C.A

Mouth of Team E.C.A

Best Drafter in the World

Chair Throwing Champion
#10 ranked type 2
Better than Jon Finkel
David Bachmann

Dennis Cooper

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

No shit. You got me reading the MTG newsgroup again and I haven't
owned a single card in about 2 years. HAHAHAHAHAHA

MrJCG1

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Just a quick comment from an AOLer (I no you all hate us). While I DO NOT
condone cheating, me thinks if your opponent is dumb enough to allow
it.....

Jerry
Self Proclaimed Captain Team Hardcastle
Runners-Up PTLA Merchant Team Challenge

Frederick Scott

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Nate Clarke <nat...@mail.idt.net> writes:

Um, would the trolls please raise their hands so I can tell them
apart from the suckers?

Sheesh. Nice thread, tho...

Jim Collins

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

On 21 Apr 1997, MrJCG1 wrote:

> Just a quick comment from an AOLer (I no you all hate us). While I DO NOT
> condone cheating, me thinks if your opponent is dumb enough to allow
> it.....

Shh... someone might believe you Jerry ;) I know I cheat my ass off ;)

BTW you misspelled "know".

> Jerry
> Self Proclaimed Captain Team Hardcastle
> Runners-Up PTLA Merchant Team Challenge

James Collins coll...@bird.library.arizona.edu

Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson): "The surest sign that intelligent life
exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us."

HashimB

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen,

Please let us not be so hasty with our words. We should all just talk
things out and try to get along.

DAVID: Everybody knows that you are a very skilled Magic player. That
entails a certain type of behavior. We do not accuse you of cheating
because we despise you. But rather, because we envy you. It takes great
ability to cheat a such a level that experienced judges cannot catch you
at it. So if you are doing it ( AND WE ALL KNOW YOU AREN'T... RIGHT ;-) So
relax, take a deep look inside and try to love yourself for the chea - I
mean person you are. By the way I know that you envy my table throwing
skills that you first witnessed at that fateful NY PTQ. But to try to
emulate me. I mean, come on.

NATE: When you start playing decks with out Prodigal Sorcerers in them,
then you can comment on Daves playing skills. Dave did not get to be one
of the top ten type to players by just a little cheating. That took at lot
of work. You should think about that. Build a type two deck and then I can
warm up that noisy ass of yours before Dave rips it apart.

LaPine: SHUT UP! Oh yeah, stop following Nate Clarke around. By the way,
the propeller fell off of your hat.

My earnest contribution,

Hashim,
The Furniture throwing champion (two times now Dave so hah)

Bennett

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

In article <19970420210...@ladder01.news.aol.com>

mani...@aol.com (Maniac187) writes:

>Hey Nate (Master of the Thawing Tutor) and Lepine (Master of the what time
>is it? Draw an extra card) shut the hell up and stop kidding around.
>Some people might believe you. I am serious fucking pervert you little

>shits so keep your mouths shut unless you want me to make it so you can't
>open them because my cock is frimly planted in your throat.
>

>David Bachmann
>Member of Team K.K.K A.K.A (undefeated against team Asslicker)
>Better than Jon Finkel
>#00 ranked type 2
>
>David Bachmann

Wow. you really go at it don't you!

Bennett Campbell
appa...@juno.com ----- hcs...@cnsibm.albany.edu
Ninety percent of everything is crap (Theodore Sturgeon)

Chris Noonan

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

> Just a quick comment from an AOLer (I no you all hate us). While I DO NOT
> condone cheating, me thinks if your opponent is dumb enough to allow
> it.....

So if you're playing someone who's just started the game, and can't tell
a powerful card from a cheater, that makes it ok?

If you have to cheat to win, you don't have my anger. But you do have my
sympathy.

- Magic's a game. I can win _without_ cheating.
Chris

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 21-Apr-97
Re: David Bachmann and Chea.. by "Ben Johnson"@uscd.edu
> This has got to be the funniest thread since Asskicker challenged us!
> Bravo gentlemen, this newsgroup is on fire!
>
> Hacker
> Team Dickhead

How dare you support such filth! This is not the material for
netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.whiningabouteverything. Our kids
deserve the best!

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

A concerned parent...of your new brother!

Andrew M Cuneo

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

>Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
>to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
>see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
>You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
>back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
>good players alone.

Hey where's the rakalite combo thread. My favorite combo with rakalite
is urza's land, power artifact, and skull of orm. Arcum's whistle is
also good because you can force your opponent to attack and then just
prevent all the damage to really annoy him.

andrew

Hoftyzer John T

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

RлоС (ca...@voyageronline.net) wrote:
: Nate Clarke wrote:
: >
: > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission

: > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
: > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
: > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
: > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
: > good players alone.

: >
: > -Nate C.

: No. HELL no. Superiors? Who do you think you are? Oooohh.. I'm a little
: cocky punk who thinks he's god. Some people are pathetic. Nobody is
: superior to anybody and you remember that. Oh yeah, I was taking your
: side. Thanks. I actually read your tourney reports and was kinda
: thinking you were decent. There went that.

Well as for magic, he is certainly your superior in every aspect of the
game whether you think so or not. As for the other shit you responded
about, Land Tax has a ruling that the three kands MUST be showed to
opponent. And as for you being on his side, you called him a whiny bitch
in your response, so I think he has every right to get angry about you
responding. Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who
insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro
players.

John

SURGE!!!!

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

No! Fight the beans! Fight the beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris "Happy Apple" Friel

On 21 Apr 1997, Hoftyzer John T wrote:

> R=EB=EE=D1 (ca...@voyageronline.net) wrote:
> : Nate Clarke wrote:

> : >=20

> : > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> : > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> : > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> : > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> : > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> : > good players alone.

> : >=20
> : > -Nate C.
>=20
> : No. HELL no. Superiors? Who do you think you are? Oooohh.. I'm a little=
=20
> : cocky punk who thinks he's god. Some people are pathetic. Nobody is=20
> : superior to anybody and you remember that. Oh yeah, I was taking your=
=20
> : side. Thanks. I actually read your tourney reports and was kinda=20

> : thinking you were decent. There went that.

>=20
> Well as for magic, he is certainly your superior in every aspect of the=
=20
> game whether you think so or not. As for the other shit you responded=20
> about, Land Tax has a ruling that the three kands MUST be showed to=20
> opponent. And as for you being on his side, you called him a whiny bitch=
=20
> in your response, so I think he has every right to get angry about you=20
> responding. Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who=20
> insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro=20
> players.
>=20
> John
>=20
>=20
Oh, I'm sorry, did our crazy notion that Magic was a game ruin your=20
little party?? I'm terribly sorry if I've made the whole Magic experience=
=20
less spiritual for you, I guess I'll just quit now because I'm obviously=20
not getting the true psychological satisfaction you ar from Magic, so why=
=20
even bother, right? Listen you tight-cheeked high-n-mighty cock sucking=20
little jack off, what magic needs is fewer people like you who take a=20
game, a leisure activity, something to do to pass the fucking time, and=20
make it the center of your fucking existence, ruining it for everyone who=
=20
just wanted something to do. Frankly, I think you and your spanky little=20
friend Nate should go and find your own little corner to beat of in, and=20
quit whining about people who expose you for the ass you are.=20

P.S.- And don't come bitching about your rank this and you're better than=
=20
me that, and go whip out your ranking 'cause you have no dick, cause I=20
really don't give a flying fuck how well you play, I guarantee I have=20
more fun, both in Magic, and those other parts of life you seem to be=20
missing.

Another snotty little punk who plays for fun and hates assholes like John=
=20
and Nate,

Chris

Hoftyzer John T

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Ralthor (s67...@iol.ie) wrote:
: Just an unbiased opinion.
: >
: > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
: > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
: > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.

: Listen fuckface, you posted this to a newsgroup. That makes evrything
: you say public property.

Listen fuckface, some ass responded calling him a whiny bitch and he has
every right to tell that ass to go fuck a mule.

: > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
: > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
: > good players alone.

: Good players? Where? Oh you. RAONTFL

Yeah him. And not you. And not any of your loser friends either.

John

Seth Jaffee

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Gee Nate, it looks like you sure hate it when omeone else is right...

Maybe on the Pro Circuit cheating is somehow related to strategy, but on
this newsgroup, we don't want to hear it.

- Seth
Ranked: Shitty
Play Level: Fairly good
Brain: Yes (which is more than I can say for everyone involved in this
stupid cheating arguement...)

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Nate Clarke wrote:

> Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.

> You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> good players alone.
>

> -Nate C.

Slaughter

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Andrew M Cuneo wrote:

> >Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> >to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> >see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> >You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> >back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> >good players alone.
>
> Hey where's the rakalite combo thread. My favorite combo with rakalite
> is urza's land, power artifact, and skull of orm. Arcum's whistle is
> also good because you can force your opponent to attack and then just
> prevent all the damage to really annoy him.
>
> andrew

Excellent! You have been working on that, haven't you?! See you in DC.

Stephen Menton

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

-sections snipped for convenince sake-

> Hoftyzer John T wrote:

> > Ralthor (s67...@iol.ie) wrote:
> >
> > > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> > > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> > > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
>

> > Listen fuckface, you posted this to a newsgroup. That makes evrything
> > you say public property.
>
> Listen fuckface, some ass responded calling him a whiny bitch and he has
> every right to tell that ass to go fuck a mule.
>

> > > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go

As much fun as it may be to read such intelligent conversational phrases
as "Listen Fuckface", I do believe that this thread and others like it
have started to overstep the boundaries here. Myself and many others
here on the NG I can guarantee do not care about your little spats. If
you wish to start a discussion about players on the pro tour or various
teams that exist or any player in particular could you please refrain
from keeping it in this NG.

This NG's focus is around strategy for the game Magic : The Gathering.
The name of the NG is rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy, not
rec.games.trading-cards.magic.flamewar nor
rec.games.trading-cards.magic.whine.bitch.moan nor is it
rec.games.trading-cards.magic.pro-players. Most of us here are here for
one main reason, this is a forum fordiscussion of combos, deck ideas,
and occasionally rulings. We use it to ennhance our skills, to add the
content of the messages here to our experience in the game, to help us
become better players. Hearing people complaining about so-and-so or
insulting so-and-so or just posting inappropriate text does NOT belong
here. I may not speak for everyone but I respect the skills of those
players who are on the pro tour and those who are on the edge of making
it but I do NOT condone the actions of what I've seen on this NG by many
of those players. It's unprofessional, impolite, gruff, and
disrespectful. Please stay on topic here guys and keep your flamewar in
your e-mails to each other.
--
- Stephen Menton, webmaster
http://soria.uoregon.edu/

Joseph William Dixon

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

In a fit of madness Hoftyzer John T (jth...@nic.smsu.edu) wrote:
: Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who
: insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro
: players.

"Pro" players? Get real, boy. There's a huge difference between a Pro
Tour player and an actual professional... And frankly, you and your kind
are the "loser punks" since you're destroying the game of Magic.

| "Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk | aa...@chebucto.ns.ca |
| It's still rock and roll to me" (Billy Joel) | Gumby | Team AMIGA |

John

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

this should interest all of you who have been following this whine-off
the following is a digest of the most recent parts of this thread
for those who don;t know it, a digest is a condensed form of all the
most important aspects of an aritcle
and the following are in fact the only important parts of this thread
because they show just how much respect, class and professionalism the
self proclaimed pros in magic really do not deserve

Dic's Disgusting Digest Part 1:
"Hey you goddamn scrub

You speak when fucking spoken to

-Nate C.

shit

Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who
insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro

players.
John H

you tight-cheeked high-n-mighty cock sucking little jack off
fucking
fucking

go and find your own little corner to beat of in

ass
bitching
you have no dick
, flying fuck
assholes,
Chris

fuck
fuck you.
Chris Corrente

fuckface.
Ralthor

Fuckface
ass

tell that ass to go fuck a mule.

John Hoftyzer

a left nut
pathetic ass.
shut the fuck up
go ream each other

don't fucking talk to superiors like me unless I tell you to.
Learn some fucking respect boy!
-Nate C."

hmmm
i don't know about you
but if this is all that the pros have to contribute to the world of
magic then i am quite disappointed
i think that a better measure of a pro is not how well he plays his
own game, but what he does for the game
these guys are only bringing the game down by saying that they are
pros and then showing their worst sides for all the world to see
yeah i really want to be associated with a game where these guys are
looked up to
a pro:
does not ridicule newbies
does not cuss to prove his point in an open forum where impressionalbe
youngsters read the articles when not looking for porn
ignores ridiculous flames that are already being ignored by
intelligent players that know better
does not cheat or accuse others of cheating wihtout proof
proclaim his ranking or pro status to make himself look better than
God and then act like it
a pro:
lets his game do the talking
treats others with respect and thereby commands respect without having
to verbally demand it
donates their excess land to the store for booster drafts
helps newbies learn the rules, gives them commons, and helps them
build decks all free of charge
knows that this is just a game and should be preserved as a fun
passtime and does not allow it to be the only important thing in his
life

any who agree or disagree are welcome to comment and you are
encouraged to do so
John Dicasali
gt1...@prism.gatech.edu

Knight

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

> In a fit of madness Hoftyzer John T (jth...@nic.smsu.edu) wrote:
> : Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who

> : insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro
> : players.
> "Pro" players? Get real, boy. There's a huge difference between a Pro
> Tour player and an actual professional... And frankly, you and your kind
> are the "loser punks" since you're destroying the game of Magic.

"Pro" players, eh? Is this some new definition of Pro that I was unaware of?
Do you make a comfortable 60k+ a year living off playing magic alone? Do you make a
tenth of what pro players in ANY other sport do every year? How high do you think your
ratings would be if all of US dropped our lives, devoted ourselves to MTG, forgot our
girlfriends, never went to another Rockets game, drove around to every other tournament
in a 200 mile radius, spent every available dollar possible getting every card that we
could possibly need (and some that we don't), neglect our studies(as I see most of you
are in college) and generally forwent life as a whole? Pros. Don't make me laugh. When
you surpass the smallest salary of any starting player in a major (yes major because MTG
has so many followers and the prizes are considerbly large on the "Pro" tour) leauge
sport does, then drop us a line.

Pro. Heh.

I'm petitioning my server to start a new newsgroup:

rec.games.trading-cards.magic.pro-players.whiners.I'm-better-than-team-asshole.So-and-so-is-a-cheater.et-cetera

Now, how about some STRATEGY?

hotmail.com

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Well, till I see something other than crap out of all your mouths,
I am going to continue to assume that I am the best MtG player in the
Northern USA. No cheating, just skill, oh and who gives a shit about
10th
in Type 2, Type 2 sucks anyways, there is no challenge there. I play
type 2 at school sometimes as a joke when I feel like sitting next to
the geeks that play it. I don't want to complain about this thread being
bullshit, but this crap about Bachmann being so good is just a bunch of
shit. I have won just as many tournaments as he has, and my team is
about
ten times more real than his, bring it on, how does GenCon sound. Now
taking challenges.... Team Hayward... The next step in Magic...
Challenge at miam...@hotmail.com. I want to hear from some of you so
called great players. Where R all of U at?

Siberbob7

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

HashimB wrote:

LaPine: SHUT UP! Oh yeah, stop following Nate Clarke around. By the way,
the propeller fell off of your hat.

First off it's LEEEEEEEEE Pine! Second I sure as hell don't follow Nate
around ... ask him if we agree on anything. 3rd I have a new hat, I
retired the old one. And lastly, you still must be upset and shaken from
all the times I robbed you !!! Don't worry it will take a little while to
get over it, but the time will come.

Mark Le Pine,
The only good African American Magic Player

P.S. I especially like your use of the English Language ...

It takes great ability to cheat a such a level

with out

top ten type to players

Seth Jaffee

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97
to Jim Collins

You too? Well, at least you can spell...

- Seth

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Jim Collins wrote:

> On 21 Apr 1997, MrJCG1 wrote:
>

> > Just a quick comment from an AOLer (I no you all hate us). While I DO NOT
> > condone cheating, me thinks if your opponent is dumb enough to allow
> > it.....

Travis Youman

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

In article <17B571D16...@uacsc2.albany.edu>,

Bennett <HCS...@uacsc2.albany.edu> wrote:
>In article <19970420210...@ladder01.news.aol.com>
>mani...@aol.com (Maniac187) writes:
>
>>Hey Nate (Master of the Thawing Tutor) and Lepine (Master of the what time
>>is it? Draw an extra card) shut the hell up and stop kidding around.
>>Some people might believe you. I am serious fucking pervert you little

nice english... did he want an "a" right here??

>>shits so keep your mouths shut unless you want me to make it so you can't
>>open them because my cock is frimly planted in your throat.

Who can't stand it when people can't take the time to write grammatically
correct...

Seth Jaffee

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97
to MrJCG1

Hmm... if Team Hardcastle is all you crack it up to be, why can't you win
AND educate your opponent at the same time?

- seth

P.S. you spelled 'know' wrong.

On 21 Apr 1997, MrJCG1 wrote:

> Just a quick comment from an AOLer (I no you all hate us). While I DO NOT
> condone cheating, me thinks if your opponent is dumb enough to allow
> it.....

SURGE!!!!

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

No! Fight the beans! Fight the beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris "Happy Apple" Friel

Hey, I remember you! So, you think people shouldn't flame anymore?
quite a change of heart....

> http://soria.uoregon.edu/

AaronLuke

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

This discussion got extremely immature, extremely quickly. hey, Clarke!
here's a hint: If you want a private conversation via the net, don't post
publically, genius! Even an AOLer can figure that out!

P.S. And for the person who said they lost respect for dear Nate, shame
on them for having respect in the first place!

BIGFRICK5

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Guys, look. This is a Magic Newsgroup. If you have nothing to say about
magic don't post. Just e-mail whoever you think needs a witty retort for
their posts.

Here is a Deck I recently built:
Thought I might as well practice what I preach.

4xLighning Bolt
4xIncinerate
4xKaervek's Torch
4xFireball
2xMana Flare
3xGoblin King
3xGoblins of the Flarg
3xKeeper of Kookus
2xGoblin Digging Team
2xGoblin Hero
3xPrimitive Justice
4xBall Lightning

Just get rid of their stuff(all of it)and attack w/ big goblins & Ball
Lightnings
Really fun 1.5 deck.

Eric Taylor

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Stephen Menton (sor...@oregon.uoregon.edu) wrote:
: insulting so-and-so or just posting inappropriate text does NOT belong

: here. I may not speak for everyone but I respect the skills of those
: players who are on the pro tour and those who are on the edge of making
: it but I do NOT condone the actions of what I've seen on this NG by many
: of those players. It's unprofessional, impolite, gruff, and

Oh, be quiet Stephen. If you don't like it, you can killfile their
tittie-twister fights. Besides, their articles bring the flavor of the
pro tour right into the newsgroup, so those who haven't yet qualified
can have such a delightful taste of what it's like beforehand.

--- Plus

Josh Hesse(finger me!)

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

BIGFRICK5 (bigf...@aol.com) wrote:
:
: 4xLighning Bolt

: 4xIncinerate
: 4xKaervek's Torch
: 4xFireball
: 2xMana Flare
: 3xGoblin King
: 3xGoblins of the Flarg
: 3xKeeper of Kookus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: 2xGoblin Digging Team

: 2xGoblin Hero
: 3xPrimitive Justice
: 4xBall Lightning

What, no mean ol' Kookus?

|this post is (C)1997 Josh Hesse and may not be transmitted in any form,|
|on any machine that is connected in any way to The Microsoft Network(TM).|
| Violators of this clause are required to buy me the item of my choice, |
|from Comic World(TM) Lincoln Nebraska, at no less than one per violation|
| I regret to announce that due to recent advances in spammer technonogy |
| I will no longer include my non-spam-trap email address in my .sig. If |
| you absolutly have to email me, "finger" this account for proper address |
| Do not send mail to pres...@198.137.241.30 |

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 21-Apr-97
Re: READ! (was Re: David Ba.. by Hoftyzer John T...@nic.smsu
> Well as for magic, he is certainly your superior in every aspect of the
> game whether you think so or not. As for the other shit you responded
> about, Land Tax has a ruling that the three kands MUST be showed to
> opponent. And as for you being on his side, you called him a whiny bitch
> in your response, so I think he has every right to get angry about you
> responding. Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who
> insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro
> players.
>
> John

I think the WORLD needs more fine young men like Nathan A. Clarke. I
guess the women of the world can only dream.

And by the way, Mr. H...

Speak when spoken to

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz...and proud of it

If we wanted your opinion, we'd get Hashim Bello to beat it out of you

Hoftyzer John T

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz (dani...@andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
: Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 21-Apr-97

Listen up you fat little twinkie. Maybe if you dropped 100 pounds or so
a woman might look at you. Tell Hashim to come find me whenever he gets
through smoking your cock.

John

ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Nate Clarke (nat...@mail.idt.net) wrote:

(Previously)
: > > > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission

: > > > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
: > > > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.

: > > > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
: > > > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
: > > > good players alone.

(More recently)

: I never E-mailed you because I don't give a left nut
: about your pathetic ass. So just shut the fuck up and leave me
: alone. You and the rest of your scrub buddies can go ream each other
: for all I care, but don't fucking talk to superiors like me

: unless I tell you to. Learn some fucking respect boy!

: -Nate C.

Why should anyone show respect for someone who has shown absolutely none
for any other person than himself? Because you're "superior" in a little
game? Take a look at the real world once in a while.

Oh, and by the way, telling me to "shut the fuck up" generally has the
opposite effect. So maybe learn a little respect for those not so
"gifted" as yourself in this game, and maybe you'll get some yourself.
Otherwise, you're the scrub, boy.

--
In chaos all things are possible.
You don't know me. No one knows me.

I can be reached at ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Hoftyzer John T

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Joseph William Dixon (aa...@chebucto.ns.ca) wrote:
: In a fit of madness Hoftyzer John T (jth...@nic.smsu.edu) wrote:
: : Frankly I think Magic needs more people like Nate, who
: : insult all of you loser punks who just play for fun and insult the pro
: : players.

: "Pro" players? Get real, boy. There's a huge difference between a Pro

: Tour player and an actual professional... And frankly, you and your kind
: are the "loser punks" since you're destroying the game of Magic.

How are we destroying the game? By being so much better than you small
time, loser rabble, that you don't even have a shot at winning anymore?
I think people who earn money playing on the professional tour qualify as
professional magic players. Your definition of a professional might
differ, but you've already proved yourself an idiot.

John

Chritian Pantages

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
: Nate Clarke (nat...@mail.idt.net) wrote:

: (More recently)

: : -Nate C.

I don't personally have anything against Nate (he's been very
entertaining whenever I've seen him), but I think he's got all his pent
up hostility because he's the leprechaun of magic. What is that guy,
like 4 feet tall? I have this image of him dancing around in some
emerald suit shrieking "Where's me gold?!?". I think he must have the
distinction of the only pro tour player to have gone through puberty and
still have to look up to Mike Dove. Take care, Chris

'It has always been the province of children and fools to point
out that the emperor has no clothes. But the emperor remains an
emperor and the fool remains a fool' Neil Gaiman

--
tgoo...@netcom.com

Sigurd A. Eskeland

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Chritian Pantages wrote:

> ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
> : Nate Clarke (nat...@mail.idt.net) wrote:
>
> : (Previously)
> : : > > > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> : : > > > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> : : > > > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> : : > > > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> : : > > > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> : : > > > good players alone.
>
> : (More recently)
>
> : : I never E-mailed you because I don't give a left nut
> : : about your pathetic ass. So just shut the fuck up and leave me
> : : alone. You and the rest of your scrub buddies can go ream each other
> : : for all I care, but don't fucking talk to superiors like me
> : : unless I tell you to. Learn some fucking respect boy!
>
> : : -Nate C.

I have to say I like reading Nate Clark's posts. They are entertaining,
unlike some other stuff written here on the newsgroup. I hope Nate
qualifies for the world championship in Seattle. I'd like to meet him.
Actually, since he's the best player in the world, he'll probably be the
next world champion. Wouldn't that be cool.

--

Sigurd Eskeland
Runner up in the Norwegian Nationals

bob blabbins

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Hoftyzer John T scribbled on his Swastika-embossed stationery:

dang, John, aren't you going to call him "Jew-boy" or "Kike" or "Heeb"
or something? You're losing your touch.

Oh well, you'll just have to settle for calling Hashim a "darkie" and
Aziz a "towel-head" next post.

bishop

Kitrick Sonesen

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

BIGFRICK5 wrote:

> Guys, look. This is a Magic Newsgroup. If you have nothing to say about
> magic don't post. Just e-mail whoever you think needs a witty retort for
> their posts.
>
> Here is a Deck I recently built:
> Thought I might as well practice what I preach.
>
> 4xLighning Bolt
> 4xIncinerate
> 4xKaervek's Torch
> 4xFireball
> 2xMana Flare
> 3xGoblin King
> 3xGoblins of the Flarg
> 3xKeeper of Kookus
> 2xGoblin Digging Team
> 2xGoblin Hero
> 3xPrimitive Justice
> 4xBall Lightning
>
> Just get rid of their stuff(all of it)and attack w/ big goblins & Ball
> Lightnings
> Really fun 1.5 deck.

Goblin decks usually need a method for drawing cards. How about a
Howling mine or two? I've been playing a fun deck like this using
Anvils of Bogardan and recommend them highly for a zap deck like this.
You _always_ get the card you need!

Kit
KSon...@ns.net "Game on!"

Ralthor

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Hoftyzer John T wrote:

> Ralthor (s67...@iol.ie) wrote:
> : Just an unbiased opinion.

> : >
> : > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> : > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> : > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
>
> : Listen fuckface, you posted this to a newsgroup. That makes evrything

> : you say public property.
>
> Listen fuckface, some ass responded calling him a whiny bitch and he has
> every right to tell that ass to go fuck a mule.

Woops. Sorry, missed that. Had been following thread and thought I was
up to date.

> : > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> : > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> : > good players alone.
>

> : Good players? Where? Oh you. RAONTFL
>
> Yeah him. And not you. And not any of your loser friends either.
>
> John

You don't know me and I dont know you, so I can only presume that you
are externalizing your own feelings of worthlessness in your previous
statement.

Wanna play some more john ? I'm only on page 2 of the dictionary yet.

Anything that happens, happens.

Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen,
causes something else to happen.

Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again,
happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 21-Apr-97
Re: David Bachmann and Chea.. by Sibe...@aol.com
> Mark Le Pine,
> The only good African American Magic Player
>
> P.S. I especially like your use of the English Language ...
>
> It takes great ability to cheat a such a level
> with out
> top ten type to players
> That took at lot of work

Haven't you ever heard of Hashimonics?

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

The ONLY good O'Mahoney-Schwartz magic player

RлоС

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

there is a certain time in an argument when one should just shut up and
hide in a corner because he's only making people hate him more. you,
john, my boy have just hit that point.
--
RКНя
http://www.voy.net/~camp
@ ATTENTION!
Scud Disposable Robot Assassin:
Heart Breaker Series 1373
This Unit will Self-Destruct
Upon Termination of Target

Talvin69

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

In article <19970421060...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
tpa...@aol.com (TParodi) writes:

>I challenge both Dave, Nate and his buddy, to settle this at Grand Prix
in
>a test of skill. 4 different events, Type1, Type2, Sealed and (a premier
>event) the trashtalk contest.
After meeting all the proposed participants i'm favoring nate in sealed,
LePine in trashtalking and Bachmann in type 2. I've never seen any of
them play type 1 but the rankings for type 2 and sealed explain my picks
as well as heavy duty trash talking i've seen lepine give Bachmann. :-)

>Regards,
>
>Tony Parodi
>Gray Matter Conventions

T.J. Xenos
Wrestling fan
Magic player
Scott Keith Mark
(see i shortened it :-)

Seth Jaffee

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

> : I never E-mailed you because I don't give a left nut
> : about your pathetic ass. So just shut the fuck up and leave me
> : alone. You and the rest of your scrub buddies can go ream each other
> : for all I care, but don't fucking talk to superiors like me
> : unless I tell you to. Learn some fucking respect boy!
>
> : -Nate C.

Who you callin' "boy?" What are you, like 10??

Maniac187

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

how did lepine out trash talk me? I am the man in command and can't lose
in any of the formats.

David Bachmann
#10 ranked type 2
member of team E.C.A
#1 ranked sealed ?? ?? ? ? ?
Trash talking champ
David Bachmann

Jim Collins

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Seth Jaffee wrote:

> You too? Well, at least you can spell...
>
> - Seth

hehe. You no you want to be on our team ;)

> On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Jim Collins wrote:
>
> > On 21 Apr 1997, MrJCG1 wrote:
> >
> > > Just a quick comment from an AOLer (I no you all hate us). While I DO NOT
> > > condone cheating, me thinks if your opponent is dumb enough to allow
> > > it.....
> >

> > Shh... someone might believe you Jerry ;) I know I cheat my ass off ;)
> >
> > BTW you misspelled "know".
> >

> > > Jerry
> > > Self Proclaimed Captain Team Hardcastle
> > > Runners-Up PTLA Merchant Team Challenge

Aziz

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

> > Listen up you fat little twinkie. Maybe if you dropped 100 pounds or so
> > a woman might look at you. Tell Hashim to come find me whenever he gets
> > through smoking your cock.
> >
> > John
>
> dang, John, aren't you going to call him "Jew-boy" or "Kike" or "Heeb"
> or something? You're losing your touch.
>
> Oh well, you'll just have to settle for calling Hashim a "darkie" and
> Aziz a "towel-head" next post.

Damn, and I'm only 1 quarter Iraqi. I'm surprised you noticed, since I
don't look like one, y'know. By the way, I'm a skinhead white
supremicist, too.

Aziz
Team 5 Guys With a Nazi

RлоС

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Chritian Pantages wrote:

> ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
> : Nate Clarke (nat...@mail.idt.net) wrote:
>
> : (Previously)
> : : > > > Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> : : > > > to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> : : > > > see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> : : > > > You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go

> : : > > > back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> : : > > > good players alone.
>
> : (More recently)
>
> : : I never E-mailed you because I don't give a left nut

> : : about your pathetic ass. So just shut the fuck up and leave me
> : : alone. You and the rest of your scrub buddies can go ream each other
> : : for all I care, but don't fucking talk to superiors like me
> : : unless I tell you to. Learn some fucking respect boy!
>
> : : -Nate C.
>
> : Why should anyone show respect for someone who has shown absolutely none
> : for any other person than himself? Because you're "superior" in a little
> : game? Take a look at the real world once in a while.
>
> : Oh, and by the way, telling me to "shut the fuck up" generally has the
> : opposite effect. So maybe learn a little respect for those not so
> : "gifted" as yourself in this game, and maybe you'll get some yourself.
> : Otherwise, you're the scrub, boy.
>
> : --
> : In chaos all things are possible.
> : You don't know me. No one knows me.
>
> : I can be reached at ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
> I don't personally have anything against Nate (he's been very
> entertaining whenever I've seen him), but I think he's got all his pent
> up hostility because he's the leprechaun of magic. What is that guy,
> like 4 feet tall? I have this image of him dancing around in some
> emerald suit shrieking "Where's me gold?!?". I think he must have the
> distinction of the only pro tour player to have gone through puberty and
> still have to look up to Mike Dove. Take care, Chris
>
> 'It has always been the province of children and fools to point
> out that the emperor has no clothes. But the emperor remains an
> emperor and the fool remains a fool' Neil Gaiman
>

> --
> tgoo...@netcom.com

ahhahahahhahahhahahahhahHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHH.... sorry... but i just read
that thawing tutor thing and i'm still laughing. blow me nate.. OH
nevermind! he might. anybody know where a picture of him is? i've never
seen one, but if he's a midget i gotta see it.

Siberbob7

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Chris Pantages wrote:

I think he must have the distinction of the only pro tour player to have
gone through puberty and still have to look up to Mike Dove.

This isn't true ... Don't forget about Mark Rosewater !!!

Siberbob7

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Bachmann wrote:

how did lepine out trash talk me? I am the man in command and can't lose
in any of the formats.

Want to see it again jackass ??? Not only will I not draft a shitty deck
this time, but I will laugh at you and rub it right in your face while I'm
doing it !!!

Mark Le Pine

Better then Bachmann in A N Y T H I N G !!!
(except cheating, I never tried that before ... maybe it's a new fad or
something ...)

Travis Youman

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

In article <Pine.OSF.3.95.97042...@engr.arizona.edu>,

Seth Jaffee <s...@engr.arizona.edu> wrote:

>> : I never E-mailed you because I don't give a left nut
>> : about your pathetic ass. So just shut the fuck up and leave me
>> : alone. You and the rest of your scrub buddies can go ream each other
>> : for all I care, but don't fucking talk to superiors like me
>> : unless I tell you to. Learn some fucking respect boy!
>>
>> : -Nate C.
>
>Who you callin' "boy?" What are you, like 10??

Or one of those old racist guys from the south... (can't you picture the
sheriff from Smokey and the Bandit saying that last sentence?

T.
(couldn't resist)

Siberbob7

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

John Something er rather wrote:

Listen up you fat little twinkie. Maybe if you dropped 100 pounds or so
a woman might look at you. Tell Hashim to come find me whenever he gets
through smoking your cock.

Do I smell a fight ???

FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!
FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!
FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!
FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!
FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!
FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!
FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!! FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT
!!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!FIGHT !!!

Now this is what Magic is ALL about !!!

Mark Le Pine

The Regulator !!

joseph....@internetmci.com

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Aziz <aaa...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> wrote:

>Damn, and I'm only 1 quarter Iraqi. I'm surprised you noticed, since I
>don't look like one, y'know. By the way, I'm a skinhead white
>supremicist, too.
>
>Aziz
>Team 5 Guys With a Nazi

Shut your hole you skinny little towlhead! You are soo pathetic!
Ohh and anytime you feel "up" to it, you loser, I'll give you 3 games
head start in a best of five match for an ante of 1000$. Are you up
for that you little ninny! Ohh and did i mention, you smell bad! I'm
still trying to get your nasty stench out of my apt.

Yeah you just tell me the next time your coming to Atlanta, maybe i
won't hurt you too bad.

All in Friendship,

Joe-

p.s. and don't even think about bringing that pathetic excuse for a
team of yours with ya!.

NBarnes

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Nate Clarke wrote:

> Hey you goddamn scrub. Did anyone give you permission
> to enter our discussion? I don't think so. Next time you
> see your superiors talking, it is not your place to interject.
> You speak when fucking spoken to, remember that. Now go
> back to your rakalite combo discussion and leave us
> good players alone.

> -Nate C.

*snicker* Ah, the swan song of the wounded ego.
NBarnes

Bennett

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

In article <335e1d6d...@news.internetmci.com>

joseph....@internetmci.com writes:

>Shut your hole you skinny little towlhead! You are soo pathetic!
>Ohh and anytime you feel "up" to it, you loser, I'll give you 3 games
>head start in a best of five match for an ante of 1000$. Are you up
>for that you little ninny! Ohh and did i mention, you smell bad! I'm
>still trying to get your nasty stench out of my apt.

Hell, I'll take that match anyday. 3 games up, huh? Well I guess I
cna have $1000 then. Seems someone didn't do too well in math course I.

Bennett Campbell
appa...@juno.com ----- hcs...@cnsibm.albany.edu
Ninety percent of everything is crap (Theodore Sturgeon)

Chris Noonan

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

> Shut your hole you skinny little towlhead! You are soo pathetic!
> Ohh and anytime you feel "up" to it, you loser, I'll give you 3 games
> head start in a best of five match for an ante of 1000$. Are you up
> for that you little ninny! Ohh and did i mention, you smell bad! I'm
> still trying to get your nasty stench out of my apt.

Hmmm....

Best of 5, whoever wins 3 games wins.

You'll give a 3 game head start.

Therefore, I'd win without playing.

How come people don't offer ME this kind of deal? I'd take it in a
second.

- Magic.... moments....
Chris

Maniac187

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Get the hell out of here!! Nobody knows who you are and I can't believe
you have the fucking balls to challenge me and my team. You aren't good
enough to watch the matches that I play and you think that you can
play??????????? We will gladly accept your little challenge. How do you
want to do it? How many people per team? How much money???? (NO CHUMP
CHANGE) What formats? Reply back bigshit and we'll see what you're made
of.

David Bachmann
Member of Team E.C.A=David Bachmann, Feming Chan, (Happy) John Chinnock,
Aaron Kline, Mike Lucarello, Eric Phillips, and Justin Schneider
Mouth of E.C.A
Best Drafter in the World
#10 Ranked type 2
Non-cheater
Chair Throwing Champ
Furniture Throwing runner up to Hashim "The Dream" Bello
Better Than Jon Finkel

HashimB

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Greetings gentl;emen,

Once again I have been forced to intervene and organize things here for
the better. From now on

1) I INSIST that all trashtalking be labelled as such in the subject line
of your message (please, I don't want to miss any).

2) I INSIST that all messages with profanity be followed by the suffix
.xxx in the subject line of the message. (for all the morons with tender
eyes - stay the FUCK OUT)

3) I INSIST that all messages from Chris Picula be forwarded to
www.whiner.com

4) I INSIST that all messages from Nate Clark be sent to www.dwarf.com

5) I INSIT that all messages from Dave Bachman be sent to
www.skinnycheatingkidwithglasses.com

6) I INSIST that if Aziz is going to continue posting fan mail on the
newsgroup he email me a copy ( and that goes for the rest of you folks out
there as well)

7) I INSIST that from now on all challenges be posted to this thread

IF you don't like these rules... then KEEP THE FUCK OFF OF MY NEWSGROUP

Hashim
you can love to hate me or you can hate to love me, it's all love. (at
least between me and Nate Clarks girlfriend it is)

Worth Wollpert

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Jesus. Nate Clarke has a girlfriend? The Apocalypse is upon us, run for your
lives.

Worth

Talvin69

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

In article <wxw116.12...@email.psu.edu>, wxw...@email.psu.edu
(Worth Wollpert) writes:

I heard she was one of the muchkins from wizard of OZ. She's going out
with nate because she wanted someone who had to look up to her :-)

T.J. Xenos
Wrestling fan
Magic player
Scott Keith Mark

<<Freeze, dirtbag! This is a net.cop bust!

*Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do...*>>

HashimB

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Hey John,

After I gffinish smoking Nates cock. I'll come looking for you and we'll
TALK okay!

Hashim
The 4th place finisher at the Seoul olympics in Tae Kwon Do!

Yeah BOOOOOOYEEEEEEEEEEEE. Currently Magic personality extrodinaire.

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 22-Apr-97
Re: READ! (was Re: David Ba.. by Hoftyzer John T...@nic.smsu
> Listen up you fat little twinkie. Maybe if you dropped 100 pounds or so
> a woman might look at you. Tell Hashim to come find me whenever he gets
> through smoking your cock.
>
> John

Deal!

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 22-Apr-97
John H misses a fine opport.. by bob blab...@DELETE.BEFO
> > Listen up you fat little twinkie. Maybe if you dropped 100 pounds or so
> > a woman might look at you. Tell Hashim to come find me whenever he gets
> > through smoking your cock.
> >
> > John
>
> dang, John, aren't you going to call him "Jew-boy" or "Kike" or "Heeb"
> or something? You're losing your touch.
>
> Oh well, you'll just have to settle for calling Hashim a "darkie" and
> Aziz a "towel-head" next post.
>

> bishop

Your forgot the best of them all...

Daniel O'McJew

HashimB

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Yo Dave,

I want some! If you think that you are all that then we can have a
furniture throwing contest (so you can try for the title again). WE can
have a bitch slapping contest so I can give Dave Dittmer something to do
(like be my bitch). We can have a qualifier contest so that Dave Price can
win something. AND.... we can have a real trashtalking contest so that I
the Pablo Picasso of trashtalking can humiliate you as I test the bounds
of your vocabulary and the limits of your intellect.

Hashim
Trash talking champ of the world !!!!

Anyone anytime. Ante games in DC all comers 50$ a pop.

3 out of 5, first 2 unsideboarded, last sideboarded ! Bring it on bitches
(oops ) Bring it on feminine canines.

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 21-Apr-97
Re: David Bachmann and Chea.. by Travis You...@uhura.cc.r
> >mani...@aol.com (Maniac187) writes:
> >
> >>Hey Nate (Master of the Thawing Tutor) and Lepine (Master of the what time
> >>is it? Draw an extra card) shut the hell up and stop kidding around.
> >>Some people might believe you. I am serious fucking pervert you little
> nice english... did he want an "a" right here??
>
> >>shits so keep your mouths shut unless you want me to make it so you can't
> >>open them because my cock is frimly planted in your throat.
> >>

> Who can't stand it when people can't take the time to write grammatically
> correct...

I always thought it was grammatically correct to use a QUESTION MARK
when you ask a QUESTION...

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Newsgroup Grammar-Checker

mark balabon

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

[...]

Except that most 'professionals' actually make a living doing whatever it
is that they do. I don't think any of the PT players make a living at
playing Magic. 'Professional" also connotes a certain type of behavior.
Although the Pro players I know generally do act professionally, it doesn't
appear that the same holds true for PT players in general.

The day people begin to use PT player as their occupation when filling out
taxes is the day I start to consider the 'Pro' tour truely professional.

Bally

Michael Rand

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

In article <335BC5...@sprintmail.com>
Knight <jkni...@sprintmail.com> writes:

> "Pro" players, eh? Is this some new definition of Pro that I was unaware of?
> Do you make a comfortable 60k+ a year living off playing magic alone? Do you make a
> tenth of what pro players in ANY other sport do every year? How high do you think your
> ratings would be if all of US dropped our lives, devoted ourselves to MTG, forgot our
> girlfriends, never went to another Rockets game, drove around to every other tournament
> in a 200 mile radius, spent every available dollar possible getting every card that we
> could possibly need (and some that we don't), neglect our studies(as I see most of you
> are in college) and generally forwent life as a whole? Pros. Don't make me laugh. When
> you surpass the smallest salary of any starting player in a major (yes major because MTG
> has so many followers and the prizes are considerbly large on the "Pro" tour) leauge
> sport does, then drop us a line.

Thank you.

Michael Rand
Dartmouth College Class of 2000
"If you find yourself and a friend being chased by a King Cheeta, you
have but one chance: Trip your friend." Suq'Ata Wisdom (King Cheeta)

Hoftyzer John T

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

HashimB (has...@aol.com) wrote:
: Hey John,

: After I gffinish smoking Nates cock. I'll come looking for you and we'll
: TALK okay!

Oh, you're smoking Nate's cock too? I believe my reference was to one of
the OMS brothers. Good to know you've got some variety in your life.

: Hashim

: The 4th place finisher at the Seoul olympics in Tae Kwon Do!

And then you woke up.

John

Hoftyzer John T

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

du>
Michael Rand (michael...@dartmouth.edu) wrote:

[...]

Well, most "Pro" players in any sport that is actually a competition
between players for money, most "Pro" players make no where near enough
money to cover what you are asking. I think Michael Jordan saying I'm
the best player, and I deserve $5 million a year no matter how I play is
a little different from say, a golf pro who says, Gee I think I'm the
best, but if I don't shoot 7 under par, then I don't make shit. A lot of
the pro tour players make decent amounts of money. Maybe not enough to
support your luxurious lifestyle for a year, but that's why most of them
are in school or have other jobs too. Whatever they make, the Play on
the professional tour, and they ARE professional players.

John

Hogan Long

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

Stephen Menton wrote:

> [silly moaning deleted]
> - Stephen Menton, webmaster
^^^^^^^^^ look out guys this one is a webmaster
(shudder, cringe)
H.

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy: 28-Apr-97

Re: READ! (was Re: David Ba.. by Hoftyzer John T...@nic.smsu
> HashimB (has...@aol.com) wrote:
> : Hey John,
>
> : After I go finish smoking Nates cock. I'll come looking for you and we'll

> : TALK okay!
>
> Oh, you're smoking Nate's cock too? I believe my reference was to one of
> the OMS brothers. Good to know you've got some variety in your life.

If you told me 3 years ago that my cock would be the subject of a
discussion on the information superhighway, I would have been very
excited.

> : Hashim
> : The 4th place finisher at the Seoul olympics in Tae Kwon Do!
>
> And then you woke up.
>
> John

Actually, Hashim did compete proudly in the olympics. Contrary to your
unpopular believe John, we do have lives in our little world of NYC. We
may never go cow-tipping or get to sleep with our 12-year old cousins,
but we manage to get by and enjoy life somehow.

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz

KStarry001

May 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/1/97

Considering the utter childishness of this thread, does anyone remember
what happened to Fuzzy Zeller? Too bad the general American public
doesn't have exposure to this kind of bashing tactics... some people
deserve to be known for what they are.

Christopher Manners

May 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/4/97

What did happen to fuzzy zeller?

Hoftyzer John T

May 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/5/97

Daniel O'Mahoney-Schwartz (dani...@andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:

: > : Hashim

: > : The 4th place finisher at the Seoul olympics in Tae Kwon Do!

: > And then you woke up.

: >

: Actually, Hashim did compete proudly in the olympics. Contrary to your

: unpopular believe John, we do have lives in our little world of NYC. We
: may never go cow-tipping or get to sleep with our 12-year old cousins,
: but we manage to get by and enjoy life somehow.

Hmm, that's strange, because these Korean Tae Kwon Do results from the
olympics I have here, show no Hashim anything as 4th place finisher in
any weight class. Can he explain that? Or did he go under another
name? BTW, us hicks here in the middle of nowhere tip our 12-year-old
cousins and we sleep with our cows. Get is straight, city-boy!

John

Transcend6

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

I always thought it was correct to only capitalize the first letter in a
sentance, or a proper noun...

Oliver

Newsgroup Grammar-Checker-Checker