can a creature with defender defend against a card with flying

lcieril...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2019, 6:15:47 PM4/6/19
can a creature such as spear spewer defend cards with flying even though it itself doesn't have reach or flying.

Keghan Rodhe

Apr 8, 2019, 8:56:25 PM4/8/19
On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 15:15:46 -0700 (PDT), lcieril...@gmail.com
wrote:

>can a creature such as spear spewer defend cards with flying even though it itself doesn't have reach or flying.

No, it can't , a creature with flying can only be blocked by another
creature with flying r reach, unless the card specifies otherwise

David DeLaney

Apr 17, 2019, 10:05:18 PM4/17/19
On 2019-04-06, lcieril...@gmail.com <lcieril...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can a creature such as spear spewer defend cards with flying even though
> it itself doesn't have reach or flying.

Nope. Flying means "can't be blocked, except by creatures with flying
or reach.".

If your Defender doesn't have flying or reach, it's out of luck.

("Defender" means "can't attack", not "can block anything".)

Dave, from the deep past