(LSJ) Byzar diablerized

botipeti

Feb 28, 2010, 3:23:57 PM2/28/10
What happenes to Byzars blood and equipments when he is diablerized?
And also is there a blood hunt called on the diablerist or not?

I found this in the rulebook:
6.5.5. Diablerie (http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/
rulebook.html#sec6_5_5)

Diablerie is the act of sending another vampire to Final Death by
drinking his blood. Only ready vampires can commit diablerie. Vampires
marked as Blood Cursed cannot commit diablerie. The vampire committing
diablerie is called the diablerist. Diablerie is resolved as follows:

1. All blood on the victim is moved to the diablerist. Blood in excess
of his capacity drains off as normal.
2. The diablerist may take any equipment on the victim.
3. The victim is burned (sent to his owner's ash heap). Any cards and
counters on him are also burned.
4. If the victim was older (had a higher capacity) than the
diablerist, the diablerist can be given a Discipline. His controller
may go through her library, ash heap and hand to get a master
Discipline card to put on the diablerist and then reshuffle her
library or draw back up to her hand size as necessary. This may
increase the diablerist's capacity by 1, but does not automatically
give the diablerist a blood to fill that new capacity.
5. If the victim was Red List, the diablerist may receive trophies
(see section 11).

According to this, the diablerist takes Byzars blood and may take his
equipments as well. Also, this doesn't states that if for some reason
the victim does not burn stop the process, so I guess the diablerist
can also search for a discipline (if he was younger) and for a trophy
(if Byzar was Red List) and a blood hunt is called as usual.
Some in my playgroup say that the diablerist cannot take anything
since Byzar was not burned just so the diablery was not successfull.

Byzar, 10, dom pre AUS FOR NEC OBF, Harbinger of Skulls, 6, [HttB]
Sabbat: If Byzar would be burned, put a burn counter on him and move
him to torpor instead. If he has three burn counters, remove him from
the game. +1 stealth.

LSJ

Feb 28, 2010, 4:14:23 PM2/28/10
On Feb 28, 3:23 pm, botipeti <botip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What happenes to Byzars blood and equipments when he is diablerized?

The diablerie is unsuccessful.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4ba13f058e6a0c21

No equipment is moved. No blood is moved.

> And also is there a blood hunt called on the diablerist or not?

No blood hunt is called. No referendum is conducted to see if a blood
hunt will be called.