seterpenre + agent of power

Malone

May 17, 2008, 11:34:25 AM5/17/08
What happens when I put four copies of Agent of Power on Seterpenre
when he enters play? I presume one of them stays on him and the other
three burn.

Blooded Sand

May 17, 2008, 2:04:23 PM5/17/08

IANLSJBF, bvut I'd gues you couldn't play 4 copies of AoP on
Seterpenre due to AoP being unique?

Jozxyqk

May 17, 2008, 2:40:28 PM5/17/08

Nothing in VTES is simultaneous (except maybe for revealing your
rock-paper-scissors choice for those dumb cards).
You'd put the first AoP onto Seterpenre, then put a second one which would
immediately burn, then another second one which would immediately burn, then
another second one which would immediately burn.

Not sure why you'd want to do this... but I guess Malone has a plan.

Frederick Scott

May 17, 2008, 2:52:19 PM5/17/08

"Jozxyqk" <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message news:Pq-dneUb2b0Bu7LV...@comcast.com...

> Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 17, 5:34 pm, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
>> > What happens when I put four copies of Agent of Power on Seterpenre
>> > when he enters play? I presume one of them stays on him and the other
>> > three burn.
>
>> IANLSJBF, bvut I'd gues you couldn't play 4 copies of AoP on
>> Seterpenre due to AoP being unique?
>
> Nothing in VTES is simultaneous (except maybe for revealing your
> rock-paper-scissors choice for those dumb cards).
> You'd put the first AoP onto Seterpenre, then put a second one which would
> immediately burn,

I thought you couldn't play a unique master card when you already controlled
the same unique master card. The "immediately burn" thing is just when a
second copy of something unique drops into your lap for other reasons, such
as having capacity blood on a vampire at the end of transfer face causing
it to become controlled by rule. (That is, playing blood on it - or failing
to remove blood from it - is a separate action that's not illegal from the
rule effect which later causes it to become controlled.) Then it immediately
burns if you already controlled a copy of the same unique vampire.

So I think you'd play one copy of AoP and then it would become illegal to play
another because you already controlled one.

Fred

John Flournoy

May 18, 2008, 12:49:11 AM5/18/08
On May 17, 1:52 pm, "Frederick Scott" <nos...@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:
> "Jozxyqk" <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in messagenews:Pq-dneUb2b0Bu7LV...@comcast.com...

Not only that, but then the first AoP would burn per its own card text
once you moved on from your influence phase, since the next phase is
your discard phase...

-John Flournoy

Baaliprimogen

May 18, 2008, 2:39:24 AM5/18/08

I don't think it will burn. I would guess that this follows the same
rule as Bima/Legion rule. The card becomes non-unique, but it has no
power. In other words. A seterpenre with 4 agents of power is just a
normal seterpenre.

-V

LSJ

May 18, 2008, 7:41:48 AM5/18/08
Baaliprimogen wrote:
> On May 18, 6:49 am, John Flournoy <carne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not only that, but then the first AoP would burn per its own card text
>> once you moved on from your influence phase, since the next phase is
>> your discard phase...
>
> I don't think it will burn. I would guess that this follows the same
> rule as Bima/Legion rule. The card becomes non-unique, but it has no
> power. In other words. A seterpenre with 4 agents of power is just a
> normal seterpenre.

For the Legion, the card would represent something else, so the text would be
ignored. Bima's text does not say that the Discipline card is used to represent
something else, so the text is followed. Seterpenre follows the Bima example,
since his text also does not say that the Discipline card represents something else.

Blooded Sand

May 18, 2008, 11:01:35 AM5/18/08

in other words, you can play one AoP on Seterpenre, then it burns at
end of turn?

LSJ

May 18, 2008, 6:20:23 PM5/18/08

Yes, it is unique and burns during your discard phase.