2 Questions

Damnans

Jul 5, 2001, 12:39:50 PM7/5/01
What if vampire (A) is blocked?. Can vampire (B) (controlled by the same
Methuselah) play Mask of a Thousand Faces to enter combat with the
blocking minion instead of (A), or is it to late for (B) to play
Mo1000F?.

Vampire (A) is blocked and plays Venenation. Can (A) play Change of
Target then?.

Greetings,
Damnans

LSJ

Jul 5, 2001, 12:44:23 PM7/5/01
Damnans <damna...@ono.com> wrote:
>What if vampire (A) is blocked?. Can vampire (B) (controlled by the same
>Methuselah) play Mask of a Thousand Faces to enter combat with the
>blocking minion instead of (A), or is it to late for (B) to play
>Mo1000F?.

vampire B can play Mask1K after the block is successful and before
combat begins.

>Vampire (A) is blocked and plays Venenation. Can (A) play Change of
>Target then?.

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jon Stahler

Jul 5, 2001, 12:50:39 PM7/5/01
> vampire B can play Mask1K after the block is successful and before
> combat begins.

Is it safe to assume, then, that a scenario as such could happen:

Vampire A attempts to bleed. Vampire A is blocked by a minion controlled by
his/her prey. Vampire A playes venenation. Vampire B plays Mask of 1000
Faces without the stealth and then plays Venenation again. Is this legal?
Please say yes as my "Meat Grinder" deck will surely love you forever for
it...

LSJ

Jul 5, 2001, 1:07:33 PM7/5/01

Yes.

Jon Stahler

Jul 5, 2001, 3:47:14 PM7/5/01
> >Is it safe to assume, then, that a scenario as such could happen:
> >
> >Vampire A attempts to bleed. Vampire A is blocked by a minion controlled
by
> >his/her prey. Vampire A playes venenation. Vampire B plays Mask of 1000
> >Faces without the stealth and then plays Venenation again. Is this
legal?
> >Please say yes as my "Meat Grinder" deck will surely love you forever for
> >it...
>
> Yes.

Just to make certain, I wanted to verify that we are on the same page. On
the white-wolf errata page, it says the following about M1000F:

All action modifiers remain in effect, but inherent modifiers (a minion's
inherent +1 bleed, e.g.) do not. Effects applied to a minion (e.g.,
Backways) also do not carry over to the new (masking) vampire.

So can I still play two Venenations (one from Minion A and one from Minion B
after the Mask) and hence put two corruption counters total on the blocking
minion in the above scenario? I know my playgroup is going to throw a fit
tonight about this, so I wanted to get it from a ruling source before trying
it on them.

LSJ

Jul 5, 2001, 3:59:26 PM7/5/01

Yes.