LSJ - Dual Form and Temptation Question

Slytherin

Nov 15, 2005, 11:21:23 AM11/15/05
Tried to search for this, but couldn't find an answer.

My Prey has a Dual Form in play of one of their vampires. I tempt the
vampire (not the doppelganger).

Name: Dual Form
[KMW:R]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Protean
+1 stealth action.
[pro] Untap this vampire. During this minion phase, you may untap this
vampire again.
[PRO] This acting vampire's capacity is reduced by 1. Put this card in
play, tapped. It becomes a non-unique vampire with the same clan,
capacity and Disciplines as the acting vampire. You may move up to 2
blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. If either minion leaves
the ready region, the other is burned.
Artist: Monte Moore

If I tempt across the vampire from his ready region to my own, does the
dual form burn, or as it is still in a ready region, it survives?

I also assume that if the dual form burns, the capacity of the vampire
has still been permanently reduced?

Cheers

Andy

Emmit Svenson

Nov 15, 2005, 11:47:24 AM11/15/05

Slytherin wrote:
> My Prey has a Dual Form in play of one of their vampires. I tempt the
> vampire (not the doppelganger).
>
> Name: Dual Form
> [KMW:R]
> Cardtype: Action
> Cost: 2 blood
> Discipline: Protean
> +1 stealth action.
> [pro] Untap this vampire. During this minion phase, you may untap this
> vampire again.
> [PRO] This acting vampire's capacity is reduced by 1. Put this card in
> play, tapped. It becomes a non-unique vampire with the same clan,
> capacity and Disciplines as the acting vampire. You may move up to 2
> blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. If either minion leaves
> the ready region, the other is burned.
> Artist: Monte Moore
>
> If I tempt across the vampire from his ready region to my own, does the
> dual form burn, or as it is still in a ready region, it survives?

I'd say it survives, since the card text does not specify *your* ready
region.

> I also assume that if the dual form burns, the capacity of the vampire
> has still been permanently reduced?

Yes.

LSJ

Nov 15, 2005, 7:56:52 PM11/15/05
Emmit Svenson wrote:
> Slytherin wrote:
>>My Prey has a Dual Form in play of one of their vampires. I tempt the
>>vampire (not the doppelganger).
>>
>>If I tempt across the vampire from his ready region to my own, does the
>>dual form burn, or as it is still in a ready region, it survives?
>
> I'd say it survives, since the card text does not specify *your* ready
> region.

Correct.

>>I also assume that if the dual form burns, the capacity of the vampire
>>has still been permanently reduced?
>
> Yes.

Correct.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.